May 2017 Moms

UO Thursday (1/12)

13»

Re: UO Thursday (1/12)

• I don't want an audience, so definitely not our parents. DH missed DD's birth and my younger sister was with me. So with this birth I want DH to watch (and maybe help catch if they'll go for that) because I know that's what he'd like to do. I want DH to have whatever experience he wants with this one since it will be the only one he'll witness. I'm going to invite my older sister to be in the room if she can get there quick enough (history of precipitous labor) and she can be up at my side while DH does his thing. Other than that, it's just us. And I won't be taking other visitors until DD meets her brother first. 

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Loading the player...
  • chailife34chailife34 member
    edited January 2017
    I'm 100% with @kns1988 - I don't want anyone anywhere near me (aside from my spouse) at any point during labor or the precious time after. Nope nope nope. My MIL tried to stick around to be there when DD was born from out of town but I thanked my lucky stars that she was born past her due date. 

@kat81 I agree that the FDA has a significant research based approval process that does its best to anticipate adverse reactions, but the trouble is that most of those drugs are not tested on pregnant women (for obvious reasons). This is why most drugs have warnings guiding pregnant and nursing women to discuss with their doctor before consuming. Traditionally, most research subjects are men, and only recently has their been a shift to include women due to the potential of pregnancy. My question is how are we ever going to get the research we all are looking for on medical marijuana if no one is willing or shamed from actually doing it. I know plenty of women who have consumed during pregnancy under doctor's guidance, but then again, I live in a state where it is legal and there is exhaustive testing on the products. 

I'm dreading the dentist tomorrow but know I ought to go. Last time I was there, I had to have all of my amalgam fillings replaced with ceramic and they couldn't get me sufficiently numb despite several needle attempts, so I had to endure feeling the drilling. Not my idea of a good time. 
  • Btw, I am in no way advocating women consume marijuana in pregancy, to be clear. I'm hoping that there will be more research done in highly controlled and responsible ways so we can finally understand more about this issue. It almost seems like the time before cigarettes were tested for effects on pregnancy. Inevitably the research will will out.
  • I didn't birth in a teaching hospital so it was just my husband two nurses and the Dr. I remember my husband kept telling me I had to look at the baby coming out. I was like no thanks but he kept saying it lol. He said he watched the head go from small to normal as it came out. I was like how the f would I be able to see that anyway 
  • h&pmomma said:
    Yiggle09 said:
    I didn't birth in a teaching hospital so it was just my husband two nurses and the Dr. I remember my husband kept telling me I had to look at the baby coming out. I was like no thanks but he kept saying it lol. He said he watched the head go from small to normal as it came out. I was like how the f would I be able to see that anyway 
    This may or may not be a UO to go off of this, but I don't understand how people watch their births with a mirror. I get the beauty of childbirth, but I don't want to see it happening to me while I'm over here trying to push this child out! No thank you. 
    They pulled the mirror out so I could see where to push? All the mirror did was make me mad because they would say ohhhhh look here comes the head and then I would see it for a second and then it would go back in, I was like WTF get this mirror away ! I thought I was making progress but now I can see that I am not! I pushed for over 3 hours and it felt like he was never going to come out.
  • re: pooping on the table
    I didn't want to know if I did or didn't but my hysterical finance (well at least he thinks he's funny) tried to make me feel better by saying... it was just a little bit and it just kind of looked like "xyz" :| .... Gee thanks dude I didn't want to know at all, but glad to know you've seen me poop now 

re: mirrors
    no way! they asked if I wanted one and I told them no. Fiance did say it was funny though because the Dr was kind of playing with DD's hair between pushes when she was close to coming out. Now that I actually type that out it seems a bit more creepy then it seemed at the time! :D  I still don't think i would have liked to see it though. 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• slssls member
    edited January 2017
    kat81 said:
    sls said:
    Oh! I have a UO that's sort of along these lines. I really do not care if I crap on the table in childbirth. I think I might have during DD's, but I didn't ask because I don't care. I mean, why care?? You're in pain and possibly working harder physically than you have in your life; blood, fluids, and a baby are coming out of you; it's, like, part of the process... WHO. CARES.
    YEEESSSSSSS!!!! It's so weird to me that this is people's #1 fear. I wish I could "love" this many times.
    FWIW I also have no idea as to whether I crapped either time. I kind of think I didn't, but it doesn't matter!!
    I think this is only the fear of FTMs. Mostly because they probably assume they'll still have some modesty left at that point. (Spoiler alert: it'll be long gone.)
    That reminds me of another mom in my first group who said she wanted to get her hair and nails done right before she went into labor "for the baby." I mean, that's... sweet... but I was more concerned with not peeing myself when I sneezed and making sure I had clothes on both the top and bottom when I went out of the house at the end.
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • h&pmomma said:
    Yiggle09 said:
    I didn't birth in a teaching hospital so it was just my husband two nurses and the Dr. I remember my husband kept telling me I had to look at the baby coming out. I was like no thanks but he kept saying it lol. He said he watched the head go from small to normal as it came out. I was like how the f would I be able to see that anyway 
    This may or may not be a UO to go off of this, but I don't understand how people watch their births with a mirror. I get the beauty of childbirth, but I don't want to see it happening to me while I'm over here trying to push this child out! No thank you. 
    I can't tag ya! Anyway I seriously kept my eyes closed through almost all of my pushing. My husband kept tapping my face to "wake me up". I said if you tap my face one more f in time but of course I couldn't get up and do anything about it. It was like when I was in the army I always kept my eyes closed during sit ups. I can't tell you why but I did and thankfully no one asked if I wanted that mirror because I would have told them where to shove it. 
  • slssls member
    Doctor: "Do you want to cut the umbilical cord?"
    Me & DH both: "NO."
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing