February 2017 Moms
Options

Monday B*fest 1/9

2»

Re: Monday B*fest 1/9

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Partyof6? Omg we are only going from 1 to 2 and I didn't even accidently get pregnant I paid for this baby and STILL think "what the fuck were we thinking" pretty regularly.    It's crazy how much falls on moms. Not even like gender role stereotypes like cooking and cleaning but like just the expectation you know wtf is going on all the time. Planning parties and pretending like you like other kids parents so your kids have friends. It's just so exhausting. 
    Oh yes. There's this little girl that DD plays with amazingly well. I used to work with her dad and he is one gruff/mean/cynical dude. Things that are funny or at least not super hurtful when said to adults just take on a whole different connotation when said to a three year old who just wants to play a little longer.
    But DD loves his kid so I'm making all kinds of overtures to his wife because fraaaaaands.

The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options
    @Xstatic3333 oh I think I need that pamphlet!! I shouldn't have to defend myself/baby/choices to anyone but maybe having some tools on hand would ease things a bit
  • Options
    @yogadevil I found the text online, but sadly it's missing the hilarious '80s hair pictures:

https://www.healthpoint.co.nz/download,407961.do
  • Options
    @yogadevil I found the text online, but sadly it's missing the hilarious '80s hair pictures:

https://www.healthpoint.co.nz/download,407961.do
    Awesome, thanks! I found this and others when I Googled just now as well. It's sad to me that these resources have to exist, being a new mom is hard enough without entitled MILs
  • Options
    @yogadevil @homemake thats rubbish that you have to deal with that, im sure it sucks & adds stress you dont need! My mum is trying her very best to not give unsoliticed advice and contain herself but shes so excited she is literally ready to burst! Its very sweet but also funny sometimes. I dont see my mother in law very often or have any dirext contact with her (my husband does, were just not close in any way) so im unsure about how she'll be when the baby arrives.
  • Options
    @MissMerciBeaucoup I am sorry but I had to giggle... sounds kind of like the crap my *wonderful* MIL would pull.

My MIL hates showers and wanted nothing to do with mine... when we got married she told me if I had a bridal shower I was absolutely not allowed to invite her family, because she doesnt like going to theirs and didnt want to be expected to. When we put together the invites my SIL threw a fit that I wasnt being fair to MIL because I wasn't going to put MIL on the invites as a host. She was like well she will help in the morning setting up tables and stuff. So I should put down my step dad and brother and a bunch of other people as hosts? because they will help set up?   So I put MIL on the invites, so as not to start yet another war with MIL (every time she got pissy about something I decided for our wedding she would send my husband texts complaining and then send group texts to the whole family about how we are family and need to get along... but she won't talk to me- she will tell SIL to text me about stuff even though she texts me too....)

I almost feel bad for my SIL, because when we all got together to plan the shower she told me none of Hs family would come because they "don't"--and my SIL didn't have a shower with family because her mom wouldn't have one-- but I get along with most of them great and now almost all of them are coming so far that have RSVP'd and I think its to prove a point to my MIL. Then I think of how SIL just tries to force things and be kind of conniving about it, and I don't feel bad for her.
  • Options
    @scottipino that does sound like bliss! (if it were just my MIL that was a snowbird LOL! she won't even spend the night somewhere other than her bed though, so never ever will she become one...)

I am lucky enough that my MIL just doesn't talk to me because "I cause tension" so she would rather sit next to me and ignore me at her big family Christmas- fine by me :smiley:
  • Options
    @krob that is a true tragedy. <- not being sarcastic -- that genuinely sucks!
  • Options
    @Gretchypoo It's def a tragedy. and i would be pissed. But I am out of f*cks to give. now what am i going to do about clothing? no clue. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • Options
    @krob I'm in a similar situation for work clothes.   I bought as little maternity work stuff as possible, and so my rotation of outfits at is down to 2 at this point and I refuse to buy anything more...  So I'm just sticking it out and hoping I don't grow out of these/they don't start to look ridiculously tattered.  
  • Options
    @krob, leggings??  I am down it a few random pairs but stretchy leggings and dresses still generally works.  I had a similar pair tear from gap the last time around- complained and got them refunded.  They were not exactly cheap though and was annoyed on the quality.  Can we be done yet?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FreeTheElfFreeTheElf member
    edited January 2017
    @krob that is beyond frustrating. We're all going to have to go pants-less soon if this keeps up!! 

I'm officially switching to stretchy, over sized, unattractive (for my figure) maxi skirts and whatever the heck shirt/big ugly sweater I can fit into. It seems every other day I am growing out of something else and I can't buy any more when I'm this close!! 

I bought a cheap maternity dress for my baby shower that will be happening this coming Saturday. I bought it this past weekend, tried it on in the store and it was fine. Tried it on again last night to see what it looked like with leggings and it was definitely way more snug than it was less than a week ago. What the heck.  :|
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    the main issue is winter and i live in NYC so leggings won't cut it. and i only have one pair of maternity leggings. 

thankfully for the next week temps look fairly mild here so I may be able to get away with tights and dresses. But if temps go back down into 20's I will just be hibernating 
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
  • Options
    LOL @Spicyweiner it def wouldn't be my first choice. Although being from Texas originally I am quite familiar with Walmart. 

That said I don't even think there is a Walmart in NYC. Maybe Target has something similar....
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
  • Options
    @krob it's -25 here and around 0 generally and all I wear are leggings  ;) I'm not exactly warm by any means, but at some point, no matter what I'm wearing, my ass is gonna be freezing. So I decided to go with comfy. I've been done and over pregnancy for about a month now.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Options
    My Friday b-fest is my OB. She does monthly appts until 36 weeks and then drops to weekly, so I haven't been in since 32 weeks and go back next Wednesday for my 36 week. 

In the last month I've freaking fallen apart. I'm fairly certain I've developed pica for ice cubes because there are times I can literally think of nothing else except chewing ice and will suck down water so I can get to the ice.  I've just started getting a 20oz cup of ice from the cafeteria because f water. 

In addition, and I've complained about this before, but the swelling and now carpal tunnel is out of control. This cannot be normal, but because poking my feet/legs doesn't leave an indent, I feel like I can't call. I broke down this morning because my hands hurt so effin bad and I have no strength in them. You may as well chop my fingers off because I feel like my hands are useless stumps.

I tried moving my Wednesday appt sooner but she's on vacation today through Tuesday and I have her very first appt Wednesday. Whatever, you're welcome to take vacations, but maybe don't do a month between appts this late and proper monitoring could have avoided some of this misery!
  • Options
    That's crummy @scottipino I hope you get rid of them easily and don't have any returns. Ugh
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh man @scottipino that sucks, sorry you're dealing with that now of all times. I remember being in panic mode posting about that way back at the beginning of the summer when I first started on here! I hope you're able to get rid of it quick!
  • Options
    That sucks @scottipino, lice is the worst! I hope you get rid of them quick and easy with no returns!
  • Options
    @Jab3 @ColeBug89 thanks!  So far I haven't seen a live one in 2 days but still finding nits.  I treated first with meds and then last night with the cetaphil method.  There is resistance in our area so hoping the cetaphil method will be it.  I am now doing at least twice daily inspections and we are quarantined to the house for the weekend.  Not spreading the love to anyone else

• Options
    @Patience7150 thinking about you! hope this weekend you get some relief
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07