August 2017 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change 1/7

This thread is for those with an EDD of Aug 5, Aug 12, Aug 19, Aug 26.

How far along are you?  

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week? 

Any new symptoms or changes? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: We didn't get quite the snow the weather channel promised here in North Carolina, but what's your favorite thing to do on a snow day?
Me: 26 DH: 26 and 10 days fewer
Married 6/15
TTC #1: NTNP March 2016 TTC July 2016, September 2016-
Let's Get This Party Charted

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 1/7

• edited January 2017
    How far along are you?  
    8 weeks!

How big is baby? 
    The size of a raspberry

First ultrasound sound this week! I'm super nervous about it but DH is really excited so that helps my nerves. 

I've gone from being nauseous all day to being nauseous and gassy so my stomach is constantly doing flips. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    When the sight and smell of all food makes you more nauseous, what do you eat? Currently surviving on one small meal a day with a small snack first thing in the morning. 

GTKY: We didn't get quite the snow the weather channel promised here in North Carolina, but what's your favorite thing to do on a snow day?
    We got about a foot of some pretty wet and heavy snow. Pretty typical for us this early in the season. We'll get snow until the first part of May. On the other hand, yesterday (Friday) morning was -63, yes negative, with the windchill setting a new record low for that day. Laramie was also one of the top 15 coldest places in the world yesterday and the day before. When we get the rare snow days in his area, I love cuddling up on the couch with all 4 dogs to keep me warm and drink cocoa while watching movies. 
  • How far along are you?  
    9 weeks!

How big is baby? 
    A cherry

None this week

The nausea has subsided, finally! I feel like my energy is slowwwly coming back. Finally feeling human again.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Rant.... canines stink. My son is the WORST teether. One canine finally cut through, but he's not sleeping well again which tells me another is on its way. 

I'm in NJ and it's snowing out now... they don't know if we are getting 1-3 inches or 4-6 haha. I love being snowed in.. favorite thing to do is make taco chili and bake cookies.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...

• How far along are you?  
    7 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Blueberry

Ultrasound this week

Sore boobs but that's about it

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

We were supposed to get an inch in Alabama and we got zero. The city basically shut down in advance as precaution and it did nothing. Yesterday was a waste of a day!  But I like to drink hot chocate on a snow day!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along are you?  10 weeks...double digits!

How big is baby? The size of a strawberry (or a prune according to another app)

Upcoming appointments this week? Not scheduled, but I do need to have blood work done yet

Any new symptoms or changes? I had my first run-in with morning sickness yesterday, and my sense of smell has been out of this world lately

Rants/Raves/Questions? Benadryl for the win! It really seems to help with my constant nausea. Now if only I could find something to boost my energy levels...

GTKY: What's your favorite thing to do on a snow day? I grew up in the country, and my parents always had 4-wheelers and snowmobiles to ride. I still enjoy doing that, but I may just have to stick to building a snowman now that I'm pregnant (and we don't have enough snow to ride snowmobiles anyways)

• How far along are you?  

8wks

How big is baby? 
    The size of a raspberry

My first appt isn't until the 23rd

My cramps haven't been so frequent, but I still have the headaches, morning/all day sickness and extreme tiredness

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I'm just ready to get energy back and done feeling sick!

I love staying in my pjs, and watching crappy TV. Also drinking hot chocolate, but I'm not a fan of sweets right now with this pregnancy so hot chocolate may be out this winter. And we're expected to get 5-8inches of snow today, north of Boston. 
  • @mrsashworth522 not that this is the most helpful answer to your nausea question but maybe it will help?  For me, if my nausea is rearing its ugly head (some days I'm great and others are bad) I start out with either drinking a Ginger Ale or Jolly Ranchers personally help me. My OB said to take 50 mg of B6 three times a day and MANY find it helps them a lot. It actually made me feel worse :(.  So I'd try somethings like those first. Otherwise, if I still feel crappy, I go with my "white" foods that normally make me feel better. Those for me are pasta, potatoes, eggs, bread, chicken strips, rice, crackers, etc. If that doesn't work, I take a nap and typically feel better. Hopefully you'll be back to eating normally again soon!

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @bumpybump my doctor only has me taking the unisom and b6 at night. Maybe I'll try taking b6 throughout the day. Hopefully Tuesday they can tell me more and hopefully provide some relief! Thanks!
  • How far along are you: 7w1d today

How big is baby: size of a blueberry 

Upcoming appointments: first OB visit on Wednesday. I already had an ultrasound at 5w5d so I don't think I'll be able to have another one for a few more weeks