May 2017 Moms

FFFC

Alright, lets get this party started!! Give us your confessions, gals!

Re: FFFC

• I am at work and just got annoyed (not in a way anyone could tell) that I have to actually do something :D
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Loading the player...
  • @rainydays86 I think that is more than a valid reason.  I have my FX for a good call. Good Luck!!!
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @RainyDays86 I think that's a very valid excuse for staying home AND to not do anything around the house.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @Kipperoo Yup! I've had a busy week and I thought today would be slow so I'm just kind of like "you expect me to do things?! But I'm bumping..."
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • My FFFC (Probably first of a few, as again, I'm off today with only un-fun things to do like laundry and cleaning) is that I judge you if you continuously make grammar/spelling mistakes that are basic. To/too/two, there/their/they're, and your/you're are my particular pet peeves! 

*Disclaimer: I'm not thinking of anyone in particular on this board, but I just notice lots of obnoxious misspellings on the internet and sometimes it truly detracts from being able to understand their post.

I am so guilty of this ALLLLL the time.  Its due to the fact that I'm typing super fast and pressing send before my boss catches me. Or I'm on my phone and doing something else at the same time.  Sorry.....
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Kipperoo said:
    @nda_roxybabe , this is me, too! Every time someone IMs me or asks me a question I get annoyed that they are interrupting my bumping/online shopping/baby prepping. Eek...I am a very unproductive employee these days. 

And on that note...I manage a team that is going to a big trade show in Vegas at the end of February. I told my boss that my doctor advised against me traveling so late in the pregnancy. I just don't want to go...a full week of walking around all day sounds miserable. 

Trade shows are the worst.  Used to have to do the MAGIC show and other apparel markets throughout the year and hated all the walking around.  After a while it got SOOOOOOO boring and annoying.  I would have used the exact same excuse.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks

PitaPata Dog tickers

• schnitz9 said:
    My FFFC (Probably first of a few, as again, I'm off today with only un-fun things to do like laundry and cleaning) is that I judge you if you continuously make grammar/spelling mistakes that are basic. To/too/two, there/their/they're, and your/you're are my particular pet peeves! 

*Disclaimer: I'm not thinking of anyone in particular on this board, but I just notice lots of obnoxious misspellings on the internet and sometimes it truly detracts from being able to understand their post.

I am so guilty of this ALLLLL the time.  Its due to the fact that I'm typing super fast and pressing send before my boss catches me. Or I'm on my phone and doing something else at the same time.  Sorry.....
    Typos are not a problem because we all make them! I'm talking using the wrong form of a word over and over to the point where I start to believe you don't actually know that it's wrong! I've never noticed you to be guilty if that counts for anything :)
  • schnitz9 said:
    Kipperoo said:
    @nda_roxybabe , this is me, too! Every time someone IMs me or asks me a question I get annoyed that they are interrupting my bumping/online shopping/baby prepping. Eek...I am a very unproductive employee these days. 

And on that note...I manage a team that is going to a big trade show in Vegas at the end of February. I told my boss that my doctor advised against me traveling so late in the pregnancy. I just don't want to go...a full week of walking around all day sounds miserable. 

Trade shows are the worst.  Used to have to do the MAGIC show and other apparel markets throughout the year and hated all the walking around.  After a while it got SOOOOOOO boring and annoying.  I would have used the exact same excuse.
    YES! This is MAGIC and Vegas is just the worst, especially while pregnant (and not enjoying the culture, lol). I do so many other trade shows through the year, too. I'm just done. I did my last footwear one with the team at the beginning of December and I was over it like an hour into day 1. I've been doing this for a while, so the novelty of it is totally worn off. My team will be fine without me. 

@RainyDays86 , you have a totally valid excuse for doing nothing! FX for you today! 

@ShadeofGreen816 , I, too, hate basic grammar mistakes. It drives me CRAZY. One offs? No biggie. But constantly misusing/misspelling basic words that you should have learned to distinguish in elementary leads to me judging you. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @RainyDays86 that is a very valid reason to stay home and do nothing. FX that your results are something that are manageable. 

I'm sure I'll come back later with one. 
  • I'm cranky today. I feel happy, but I just kind of want everyone to leave me alone. Don't tell me what to do, I don't want your opinion, just leave me be.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • kayemjay2 said:
    Had my anatomy scan this morning (baby looks great, was uncooperative with heart views, is 100% a boy) and discovered partial placenta previa which = no sex for at least the next 8 weeks...and my FFFC is that I'm kind of relieved. Poor DH. Hopefully the previa resolves by the 28 week scan and we can get something in before the kid is born, but for now...I'm pretty pleased to have a good excuse. 

HAHAHAHAHA.....My DH was just asking me the other night when the last time we had sex was.  My response was "how many weeks am I pregnant? That's how long!!!" With having HG there is no way in hell I feel up to it at all.  I don't blame you.  Hoping though for you and the baby's sake the previa clears up though. 
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks

PitaPata Dog tickers

• I've been pretending to be super busy at work most of the day. I'm just not feeling it today.
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @kayemjay2 I also have a partial previa.. they didn't tell me not to have sex but I was told not to lift over 20lbs... maybe mine isn't blocking as much as yours? also my toddler weighs 30 lbs and I tote him around all the time, its unavoidable.
  • lrwardrop said:
    @kayemjay2 I also have a partial previa.. they didn't tell me not to have sex but I was told not to lift over 20lbs... maybe mine isn't blocking as much as yours? also my toddler weighs 30 lbs and I tote him around all the time, its unavoidable.
    Weird. They didn't mention anything to me about lifting, and my son weighs 26 lbs, so that wouldn't be happening for me either. From what she said, I don't think it's blocking very much, but I'm not sure.
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• I have partial previa too. I was told pelvic rest which includes no sex or working out. Also warned if it doesn't resolve then I may need a c-section. 
  • I hear ya, @kayemjay2.  DD has several pairs of name brand shoes.  Right now she has 2 pairs of Pumas, a pair of cons, slouchy boots, and several other slip-on style shoes.  We live in the desert and she doesn't wear tennis shoes much during the 8 months of hot weather.  I'm sure a few pairs of Keens, Natives, and other summer shoes are on our horizon.  It's an addiction.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • This is more of a UO, but that's so yesterday :P

I judge you if you leave your car unlocked outside your house. I judge you even harder if you can't park even 1 of your cars in your 2 car garage.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • This sort of makes me feel like a bad mom. I am so traumatized by DD's broken arm. Thinking about what it looked like and the sounds she was making when I picked her up at daycare make me feel sick.  I very obviously wish it hadn't happened.  It was a freak accident and I don't at all blame daycare.  She fell from a 2 foot tall sand table she was sitting on into some very deep sand.  It could have happened anywhere and do not blame it on lack of supervision.  

That said, I wouldn't say I'm "glad" it happened at daycare.  But my FFFC is that I feel a bit better that it didn't happen on my or DH's watch.  I don't think I could have forgiven myself if it happened under my care and I probably would be pretty angry at DH if it happened in his.  I do feel bad because I know how bad DD's teacher feels.  She's called and emailed me to check on her.  :'(  And I feel bad that I wasn't there for DD until 15mins after when I rushed to pick her up at daycare.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • This is more of a UO, but that's so yesterday :P

I judge you if you leave your car unlocked outside your house. I judge you even harder if you can't park even 1 of your cars in your 2 car garage.
    How much do you judge me that I leave my cars not only unlocked in front of my house, but I also leave the keys sitting in it?

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• JCWhitey said:
    This is more of a UO, but that's so yesterday :P

How much do you judge me that I leave my cars not only unlocked in front of my house, but I also leave the keys sitting in it?
    Potentially a lot. Where do you live though?
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • JCWhitey said:
    This is more of a UO, but that's so yesterday :P

I do this too!
    but I live in the country and everyone I know does this. My husbands garage is next door to us and he leaves the keys in the cars he works on, his dump trucks, and everything else. We leave our house unlocked everyday as well. 
  • I also want to add:

my job has been super busy lately, because I've only had three day weeks due to the holidays and I've had NO time to bump. I've been lurking but haven't really commented. It's super annoying that I can't bump at work. Don't they realize I have better things to do than be a therapist!
  • @JCWhitey - I won't go as far as to disagree with you, but I'm interested to know how you know people's cars are unlocked. I'm more tickled than I should be at the idea of you sneaking into their driveways and trying the handles. :) (I KNOW you don't, but it's in my brain now!)
  • slssls member
    I've been back to work after vacation for four days now (since Monday is a holiday), and I'm 100% sure I haven't gotten a full day's work in total across the entire week.
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • @emilyalso: I'm gonna jump in here real quick to say I posted this to the Friday ticker page and @nda_roxybabe
    ran with it.

NBR: Are there seriously adults out there in the world who don't lock up their cars at night?! Who does that?! A neighbor said "my car got broken into last night! was yours okay?" and I'm like "wow, did you have to drive around with a broken window today?" and she's all "no, they just opened the door, because I don't lock them" <<facepalm>> WTF!!!

@Jen_Shoes & @JCWhitey: It almost doesn't matter where you live. You need to protect your property/house/vehicle properly, not leave it unlocked. P.S. (Most) Insurance policies won't cover a theft or break-in if the doors are unlocked.
  • emilyalso said:
    @JCWhitey - I won't go as far as to disagree with you, but I'm interested to know how you know people's cars are unlocked. I'm more tickled than I should be at the idea of you sneaking into their driveways and trying the handles. :) (I KNOW you don't, but it's in my brain now!)
    We were talking about it in today's ticker change. Someone said their neighbor was complaining how their car got broken into (through the unlocked door). I always see neighbors complaining on Next Door about the same thing "My car got broken into. I guess I should've locked the doors..."
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • SKZW said:
    And I feel bad that I wasn't there for DD until 15mins after when I rushed to pick her up at daycare.
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot: But you WERE there for her. You held her and comforted her and spent the entire ER/ED stay with her and didn't leave her side! You ARE NOT a bad mother!

You have found it in your heart to acknowledge the accident to the teacher and daycare staff. Now you need to allow yourself to feel gratitude that it is turning out okay and to heal from the guilt over not being there, which isn't even true, because you did show up: Immediately, and promptly, and with all the love and care in the world! You did your best and she's going to be okay!
    Thank you! The rational part of my mind knows this. The pregnant Mom side is a hot mess. DD is back to her normal silly, cute, and sometimes very frustrating self, so I'm starting to realize she'll be fine. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @SKZW I know, and right now the car issue isn't an issue as I keep my car in the garage. Once we have this baby I know we will start locking the door, but it is something DH grew up with (his sisters and parents don't lock anything either) so it was a given. We also have a relatively long driveway so while I'm home, we can always see if anyone comes anywhere near the house. 
    I also have a gun with rubber bullets that my FIL gave to me because he wanted me to be safe if I were alone and someone came in. 
  •  @SKZW @nda_roxybabe - That makes more sense than my scenario...but is far less amusing!