Options

Friday Ticker Change 1/06

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms? 

Cravings?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: How much preparation for baby have you already done? What are you currently planning or working on?

Re: Friday Ticker Change 1/06

• Options
    How far along are you? 21 weeks

How big is baby? Carrot, baseball hat, or least weasle

Any appointments this week? Not this week

Symptoms? Round ligament pain, heartburn, constantly needing to pee. Nothing unbearable, just minor discomforts so far. 

Cravings? Sour and tangy flavors and vinegar

Rants/Raves/Questions? I can't figure out why my thumbnail picture stopped showing up! It's really annoying me. 

GTKY: How much preparation for baby have you already done? What are you currently planning or working on?

We are currently working on combining the things from two bedrooms into one, so the baby can have a bedroom. Previously, inkept my craft and dance stuff in one spare room, and my husband kept his band and music stuff in the other. 
  • Options
    roper2617roper2617 member
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you?
    23 weeks! 

How big is baby?
    A grapefruit, chinchilla or a Barbie doll

Any appointments this week?
    Nope! Not until Jan 19

Symptoms? 
    Muscle cramps! They wake me up at night, and I know it's because I'm not drinking enough water. Definitely trying to up my water intake because being woken up by leg cramps is the worst. Also crotch pain and lower abdominal pain like I worked out really hard or stretched a muscle. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Fun fact: this LO loves NWA. Or maybe hates NWA. Either way, when I wanna get him/her moving all I need to do is turn on the rap and wait. I think it's hilarious. 

Um, well, basically nothing. Lol I did purchase some cloth wipes and am currently waiting for my first cloth diaper purchase to arrive in the mail (6 diapers are coming in). We are switching two rooms around but discovered the one that will be the nursery won't be officially set up until right before the baby arrives if we are lucky. We have a cold air issue and the drywall needs to come down and we need to fix that, but we can't do it properly until the spring, which is April here. So yeah, thats slowing things down a bit. Next month I plan on ordering the crib and dresser though so we do have it here, and early March we will likely order the stroller and car seat. I'm not too worried about the babies room because LO will be sleeping in the bassinet in our room for the first little bit anyway. It's mostly just an annoyance at this point. 

Edit: clarification 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 23 weeks!

How big is baby? Eggplant (this one is the same for weeks 22-24, boo), Buche de Noel (rolled up sponge cake), and a grapefruit.

Any appointments this week? Nope.

Symptoms? Had some sciatica pain the other night, still having acid reflux

Cravings? Salt n vinegar chips! I'm also living off of cherry poptarts ( I know, not healthy) and cheese sandwiches (cheese, mustard, mayo on bread).

Rants/Raves/Questions? Going to the chiropractor yesterday was cool! She does a lot of maternity and newborn so she told me where babies head is and did pelvic floor stretches and other things. I had 2 ribs out of place :O! She also does newborns, so I'm excited about that.

GTKY: How much preparation for baby have you already done? What are you currently planning or working on? I love planning/ organizing/decorating so this is like a dream. We have the crib and dresser set up and I have everything set aside to wash. The book ledges and closet cube thing are getting ordered this week. I know what stroller, carseat, swing, bassinet we want. Registry is pretty much done. I think I'll have my baby shower in about a month and I'm in the process of finding a photographer for maternity (thinking March before it gets hot here) and newborn photos.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    How far along are you? 23 weeks!

How big is baby? Chinchilla or Grapefruit

Any appointments this week? Had an appointment the other day - everything looking great. Next one is in 5 weeks for my glucose test.

Symptoms? Braxton hicks, back pain, occasional heartburn

Cravings? Nothing in particular...it tends to vary. More if I hear something that sounds good, I can't stop thinking about it until I have it :)

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing really this week

I have been on an organizing kick at home and with DS's room (they will share). Baby will sleep in our room for the first 6 months at least, but all his stuff with be in their shared room. So far I got the Ikea Hemnes dresser to be able to fit both their clothes. I also got the Ikea Raskog utility cart to use as a diaper caddy next to the dresser (got the idea on Pinterest). I washed DS's infant car seat the other day - early to do, but I was in a nesting mood. I am in the process of looking at some sort of cube storage shelf unit and bins to put all the toys in. I need to clear DS's room out some, so we are changing our unused dining room into a playroom. I'm pretty excited about it!
    I don't have to buy a lot for baby since I kept all of DS's baby stuff and clothes. We will just need a crib at some point. I may look at getting a bassinet/side sleeper for while he is in our room. I have a rock n play, but they can only stay in that for so long before it becomes unsafe. I also want to babywear more so need some carriers/wraps.

BFP #1 10/8/13, EDD 6/4/14, DS #1 6/9/14

BFP #2  5/1/16, EDD 12/16/16, MMC 5/27/16

BFP #3  8/29/16, EDD 5/5/17, DS #2 5/11/17

BFP #4  2/28/21, EDD 11/9/21

• Options
    @nda_roxybabe salt and vinegar chips have been one of the only things I can eat when my stomach is acting up. I have to make sure to keep them in stock. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 20 weeks! (I noticed there are a lot of 23 weekers!)

How big is baby? Banana!! (Also "small cantaloupe", both those seems very different to me.)

Any appointments this week? We just had our anatomy scan yesterday! Everything looks good! This was the first time I even wanted to waiver from Team Green!

Symptoms? Everything. Leg cramps, heartburn for the first time in my life, can't sleep, pee a lot, headaches, backaches, nausea forever. But, I'm also keeping my fingers crossed and staying hopeful I feel movement this week!

Cravings? Not really, but my appetite came back for the first time in about 20 weeks, so that's been fun. (Eating is enjoyable again!)

Rants/Raves/Questions? Why can't I feel movement?! I can feel the baby's presence inside me, like an albow or something if I bend a certain way, but no movement. At the end of 16 weeks I felt movement, for sure. But then crickets. It's driving me crazy. :(

Everything. We could technically bring home baby now and be fine. Nursery is done, crib, mattress, stroller, etc. all done. I'm getting more and more excited, and I didn't think it was possible to be any more excited.

@nda_roxybabe I love your stuffed animals!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 21 weeks

How big is baby? Carrot

Any appointments this week? nope

Symptoms? I haven't had the greatest mental health this week. I'm an emotional basket case.

Cravings? not really.

Rants/Raves/Questions? So, I am receiving major slack from family about wanting to use cloth diapers. I have made quite a few and it is more of a hobby than something I am seriously passionate about, but I don't appreciate how close minded and mean some people are about it. Obviously, we have to wait and see if it will work out for us, but support in the mean time would be appreciated. I know this seems petty, but like I said I'm an emotional basket case. 

I feel like we have gotten a lot of the big stuff that is needed. We have a crib, travel system, swing, carrier, rock-n-play, clothes, etc. I found them all on sale and didn't want to wait and potentially buy them at a later date for full price. I'm pretty excited about what we have so far. I just don't know when I should try setting everything up!
  • Options
    @jayandaplus Hmm, did they tell you where your placenta is? I felt movement sporadically from 16-20 weeks then like, the day after my 20 week appointment I feel movement all the time and it keeps getting stronger. I bet it'll happen more now.

Thanks, my Mom apparently bought them months ago (I think before she knew I was pregnant?). They're super soft and if you close their hands they either say The Lord's Prayer or sing Jesus Loves Me. H isn't wild about that, but it's cute.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @mspacman34 I'm planning cloth diapers too. I'm buying mine, and my favorites are they Rumparooz pocket diapers. I've gotten some weird looks for it, but I'll be the one saving money in the long run. Especially if I use them for the next baby. I don't mind washing them, and I really don't see what the big deal is. 
  • Options
    How far along are you?: 22 weeks

How big is baby?: a coconut

Any appointments this week?: not until Jan 18th

Symptoms?: If I keep ahead of the heartburn I'm doing ok these days!

Cravings?: Still salty foods and pizza (I love pizza anyways, but now I just want pizza constantly).

Rants/Raves/Questions?: I'm going to be meeting with the anesthesiologist at the hospital on the 8th with DH.  We had some problems when DD was born with the anesthesiology team and I want to make sure those things aren't going to happen again.  I'm pretty nervous :/

GTKY: How much preparation for baby have you already done? What are you currently planning or working on?: I have DD's old newborn clothes out of storage but that's about it!!

BFP #1 12/23/12 EDD 9/3/13 DD #1 8/26/13

BFP #2  2/25/16  EDD 11/5/16 MMC 4/15/16

BFP #3  8/31/16  EDD  5/12/17 It's a GIRL!

BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    @jdebaie Pizza is the one main thing I can't stomach since being pregnant. I love pizza, a lot and have not had a single slice since I found out I was pg, it just does not sound good.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    KMD1106KMD1106 member
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you? 21 weeks

How big is baby? endive

Any appointments this week? I just had my follow up ultrasound and OB appointment this week. All looks good so far!

Symptoms? Not many, including little to no movement. Darn anterior placenta!

Cravings? Last night it was guacamole. Chipotle was delicious!

Rants/Raves/Questions?  None

We have a bin of clothes and blankets from family and friends. As soon as they found out that it's a boy, they started buying stuff. We cleared out the nursery and took down the wallpaper. We still need to scrape the wall paper glue off, replace the floor boards, and carpet it before we can start painting and decorating.We also bought a bassinet that a friend was selling on an online garage sale. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    How far along are you? 20 weeks- halfway!!

How big is baby? Endive, banana, Doritos Locos Taco, a tub of Betty Crocker frosting (I really like baby sizers)

Any appointments this week? We had our anatomy scan today! Baby looks great, and is definitely a boy! I have to go back in couple of weeks to get better images of his heart, since he was quite uncooperative. Also discovered I have partial placenta previa :( I'll have an ultrasound at 28 weeks to see if it's moved- the doctor is hopeful it will, and I'd love to avoid a c-section if possible. 

Symptoms? Baby kicks and a healthy appetite- the best parts of pregnancy!

Cravings? All of the foods. Nothing in particular today.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope

GTKY: How much preparation for baby have you already done? What are you currently planning or working on? Uhhh....yeah, preparing....that's a thing that I've definitely not done. My son is only 13 months, so most of the baby stuff is still (somewhat) handy, and we have everything we need. Pretty much the only prep will be organizing the clothes and diapers by size so we can easily find it. Baby will be in our room for the first 6 months, and we only have 2 bedrooms...so then he'll either share a room with his brother or we will have moved (hopefully the latter). 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    MollyandD said:
    @nda_roxybabe salt and vinegar chips have been one of the only things I can eat when my stomach is acting up. I have to make sure to keep them in stock. 
    @MollyandD: Just a hot tip that you can order chips by the case from Amazon. I've done it! Especially when you know you'll def be going through 10, 12, 15 bags in the next few months (weeks? LOL), it makes so much more sense to buy them cheaper in bulk, rather than one bag at a time at the grocery store. Plus, they arrive right to your doorstep---it's like delicious magic   ;)

@roper2617 & @mspacman34 & @MollyandD: cloth diapers are the best! You'll save a TON of money that first year using them. I did a diaper load every other day and it really became just the normal routine. Definitely follow the advice about which specific detergent to use; and skip the dryer sheets; that'll help with longevity and uber cleanliness. And the one thing I learned when I CD'd was to put them outside to dry, because "sun bleaching" keeps them super white! We really should start a sep thread on this at some point...

But seriously it stinks that your fam isn't giving you the support you need. Maybe they don't even realize they're giving the cold shoulder? Feel free to speak up and say "hey, this is what I'm going to try, and your support would be appreciated; otherwise, your silence would be golden!" you know, in a more diplomatic way.   ;)

• Options
    @nda_roxybabe I have a posterior placenta. Maybe I'm feeling some movement today, but nothing major or sure or obvious to me. Husband thinks that means it's a quiet, docile baby. :/

@mspacman34 I'm sorry your family is not being supportive. I'm CDing as well. Husband took a while to get on board, but now we're both crunchy and excited about it. I didn't let my family have an opinion. I just said "this is what we're doing!" I wish yours would jump on the bandwagon, because no one wants negative Nancy family members. We only want fans! I hope things change for you. Just know you're saving money, there are health benefits and environmental benefits. In the end, it will be worth it! Hang in there with the emotions. Pregnancy is a roller coaster and hopefully this twist will turn for the better soon! We're here for you!
  • Options
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 21 Weeks and Endive too!

Symptoms? Really having a tough time sleeping at night. Trying really hard not to complain about it... because it'll get worse for like the next, oh, year or so... but still, not being able to get comfortable is annoying!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    NBR: Are there seriously adults out there in the world who don't lock up their cars at night?! Who does that?! A neighbor said "my car got broken into last night! was yours okay?" and I'm like "wow, did you have to drive around with a broken window today?" and she's all "no, they just opened the door, because I don't lock them" <<facepalm>> WTF!!!

I love reading about what everyone's working on. It's very motivating! I have a 3-year-old and already have a lot of things on hand. This is a great question, though. Maybe the kick in the pants I need for a snowy weekend! I should probably start pulling out the infant car seat, rock-n-play, teeny tiny clothes, etc., to check that everything's in working order---and to take stock of what we have and what we really need.
  • Options
    @SKZW Are you on Next Door? There are constantly people on my Next Door complaining about break ins on their unlocked vehicles. I get it, it sucks, but DUDE....lock your car!

And I just came up with an UO/FFC
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    slssls member
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you? 
    18w with twins

How big is baby? 
    Artichokes

Appointment updates? 
    A/S next Thursday

Any new symptoms or changes?  
    TMI - My vagina hurts all the time. It's been going on for over a week now. I've started wondering if it's because I'm pretty consistent with daily Kegels, and I need to, like, lay off. So I'm taking the weekend off. It's most apparent when I have to sit and pee, and it just... hurts. Blargh. ETA: No sex, either, because I'm tired and cranky and did I mention my vagina hurts? So that's not the cause.

Cravings?
    Um, not really? I had a bunch in the first trimester, but not now. I've been focusing on my water and veggie/fruit intake to get constipation under control. Yesterday's status: High end of uncomfortable (down from "downright painful" a week ago). Today's status: EATING WELL IS MAGIC. Let's hope I cleared out the backup and can keep up eating right.  :D

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Also a new symptom: CRYING A LOT. Uggghhh. I am NOT a crier, so this is really frustrating.

Mentally, I've got everything done. Ha! I need to buy some gear and sort through DD's old clothes. It'll go something like this: I either find a sale/deal on 4-in-1 cribs and dressers, or it's Feb/Mar sometime and I decide to just suck it up and pay full price. DH will spend the weekend cleaning out the nursery (which is right now a junk room) and putting together one of the cribs. Then I'll (probably need him to) drag out all the NB stuff and I'll put it away in drawers. Then on April 22, there's the regional Parents of Multiples sale, and I'll pick up the rest of our gear there. Hopefully I won't need any clothes, but I'll see what we have. Plus how many clothes do you need for twins? Argh.

Oh, and I need to buy another car seat at some point. o.O
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • Options
    @MollyandD @SKZW @jayandaplus
    Thanks for the comments, ladies! I really appreciate it. It is mainly DH's family that are unsupportive, except my mom did make a comment about "how cute those cloth diapers will look over disposables" the other day. DH's mom and sister are both SAHM and are supposed to watch baby during the day and they down right refuse to even try using cloth. Now given they wouldn't be doing any cleaning of them or anything like that. I get it, it's their time, etc. But it has come to the point where if I send a pic of a new diaper I make I either get complete silence or "Don't forget to stock up on disposables." I had DH talk to MIL the other day and she said she doesn't even want to try them because I will be mad when she says she is using disposables. Her reasons for not using include: not having time to change baby constantly, they leak, more work changing, money doesn't matter, environment doesn't matter. Okay. Vent over. Sorry!
  • Options
    @mspacman34, we also plan to cloth diaper. The only one that has supported us so far is my mother, but she cloth diapered me before they got all awesome. We've made it clear (well, mostly me because I'm tired of everyone's comments) that if they want to refuse to use cloth diapers or not try them out, we are not buying sposies and it will be all on them. They can take the time to do some research for pete's sake and ask us what type we plan on using. At least then they would know we plan to use some AIO's for them.
  • Options
    slssls member
    edited January 2017
    @MollyandD @SKZW @jayandaplus
    Thanks for the comments, ladies! I really appreciate it. It is mainly DH's family that are unsupportive, except my mom did make a comment about "how cute those cloth diapers will look over disposables" the other day. DH's mom and sister are both SAHM and are supposed to watch baby during the day and they down right refuse to even try using cloth. Now given they wouldn't be doing any cleaning of them or anything like that. I get it, it's their time, etc. But it has come to the point where if I send a pic of a new diaper I make I either get complete silence or "Don't forget to stock up on disposables." I had DH talk to MIL the other day and she said she doesn't even want to try them because I will be mad when she says she is using disposables. Her reasons for not using include: not having time to change baby constantly, they leak, more work changing, money doesn't matter, environment doesn't matter. Okay. Vent over. Sorry!

What the actual fuck? That is some bitchy shit right there. Cloth diapering is not for me, but I'm never gonna go around discouraging someone from doing something good, especially something that's challenging to begin with.

Edit since I didn't read right the first time: I'd just tell them this is how it is, and you expect them to respect your wishes. Honestly, how much more work is it to put a cloth diaper on than a disposable, if you're not washing them?
  • Options
    sls said:
    What the actual fuck? That is some bitchy shit right there. Cloth diapering is not for me, but I'm never gonna go around discouraging someone from doing something good, especially something that's challenging to begin with.
    Well said! @mspacman34 I'm in shock with what you have to go through. I'd be very upset, personally, if the people (let alone family) I was going to have watch my LO was not behind the way I wanted to care for my child. I think you're handling this all very well, but I'm sorry you have to at all.
  • Options
    mspacman34mspacman34 member
    edited January 2017
    @absbubbs (I don't know why it won't let me tag you.) I completely agree with telling them that you aren't buying sposies. DH said some of the same things to MIL the other day. I almost feel like people jump to conclusions and  think cloth diapers only consist of prefolds and flats that have to be pinned. Big difference from the AIOs you plan on using! I'm glad your mom is being supportive! 

@sls  Thank you, my point exactly. I'm just afraid this is the beginning of more things we will disagree on parenting wise. Hopefully, things will change soon. 

@jayandaplus I hate to say, but this has really upset me this week. Thank you for your support!

Thank you all for letting me vent about this! I feel a lot better now that I have gotten my frustrations out and have received some support and encouragement from you ladies.  :)
  • Options
    A day late bc yesterday was so busy. 

How far along are you?  21 weeks

How big is baby?  Endive

Any appointments this week?  A/S on 1/12 (trying to keep the will power to stay team green)

Symptoms?  Dry eyes and hard time sleeping.  

Cravings?  Salad. Random right, I'm happy to have a healthy craving.  I'm also enjoying sweets.  

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I can't remember at what point my doctor started checking me, but I was curious so I'd know when to start manicuring the lady parts.  

GTKY: How much preparation for baby have you already done? What are you currently planning or working on?  We are also in the process of cleaning out a room for baby. Once that is done, I'll probably set up all the baby gear.  I've done very little. DH found some killer deals on diapers so we're stocked up. 

@mspacman34 - If you want cloth diapers, then don't leave it up for discussion.  I'm a strong believer in picking you battles wisely.  You need to decide if this is one of those battles.  
  • Options
    slssls member
    clebl24 said:
    Rants/Raves/Questions?  I can't remember at what point my doctor started checking me, but I was curious so I'd know when to start manicuring the lady parts.  

I didn't have anyone up in my business with DD until I was being induced at 38 weeks. Then it was no holds barred in the hospital--every four hours a new nurse was in there. But I think it varies based on the OB.