May 2017 Moms

WTF Wednesday

I know we try to be positive in these parts which I so get. But sometimes, you just gotta ask, "WTF?"

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • I came home from work yesterday after having thrown up and feeling very nauseous all day.  I threw up again when I got in the door. Totally not morning sickness either, but probably some kind of stomach virus.  My husband had the nerve to ask me if I was really that sick because I asked him to take care of DD last night (feeding, bath time, playing, etc.).  Seriously?! WTF?! I even told him I would rather do ten loads of laundry and clean the entire house than be laying on the couch feeling like I do.  He makes a horrible nurse.  Luckily, my parents came to help out today while he went to work.
  • I'm staying with my parents and when I do I basically take over the cooking. My mom has never been a huge cook and my siblings think I'm Racheal Ray or something (ha totally not!). My Dad has diabetes and my Mom was just recently diagnosed with gastroparesis, which is super rare and has a crazy diet because basically her stomach isn't emptying out properly so she can't have fibereous foods, aka most vegetables! The limited of vegetables she can have basically have to be cooked/blended before she can eat them. 

It is possibly going to snow a lot this weekend and I'm trying to come up with dinners for 10 people that are low carb/carb free and cooked veggie/veggie free. It's so hard! WTF am I supposed to make? 
  • @jayandaplus - Side sleeping will eventually become your only option, so it's good that that's what you're used to. Having said that... it doesn't meant it will be easy! I used a body pillow between my knees and pulled it up under my belly as well, but I know there are several GINORMO pillows made specifically for pregnancy. You might even find a thread about it if you scroll back. Good luck!
  • I'm a therapist, so I sit in my closed office with various people and their children throughout the day.  I just saw a 16 year old girl who told me she didn't go to school today because she does not feel well and threw up in the shower before coming!! 
    WTF. 
    She had previously been not coming to appointments, so she didn't want to cancel the day of and "get in trouble." My clients don't know I'm pregnant yet, but WTF DAD? Don't bring her in if she's sick for Christ sake!
  • My WTF is to both of my half sisters. I'm not close to either of them  and they both plan to come to see the new baby once she's born. No one invited them. Like is that a thing for people to invite themselves to come see a newborn without asking....?  Not trying to be unfriendly but I don't want any guest over after baby. They are coming from another state and will be expecting to be entertained, I'm not going to have time or the energy for it. 
    Am I overreacting? My mother seems to think she so...

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Thanks for the encouragement, @Jayandaplus. I keep feeling like, is this really worth it? Can he really not sleep in bed with me and baby and MH (the answer to that is most definitely no). 

@WombThereItIs I'm in love with your pup. She looks very comfy :) I'm a sucker for dogs, obviously. 

• @emilyalso thank you so much. My mother was trying to convince me that I was overreacting. I feel better now.  :)

• People are always coming to work sick! Several of our nurse assistants keep trying to come back to work less than 24 hours after they have been sick. I know they are just trying to be nice but it makes things worse....

I manage a unit with 50 patients. Over the past 5 days over 50% of them have had this stomach bug. I have been hiding in my office all week and I wont go in any rooms. I am so afraid of getting this vomiting/diarrhea thing. Obviously people aren't  following the protocols because the virus keeps spreading.....

• @MrsFox2008 I went through the same sort of thing when I was about to have DD with people wanting to be in the hospital with me during labor and needing to be right there the whole time after. It was pretty much DH's family and he has a large one so I ruffled feathers and just told everyone we'd let them know when they can visit and I don't regret it...And that was just at the hospital...you have every right to be annoyed, when you're pushing out a tiny human, you get to call the shots because it's really about what makes you comfortable.

My WTF is at my SIL. We live together and quite honestly take care of her and I am beyond sick of her choices in men. Her curent "fiance" is a complete ass. His family is a mess so he basically lives here too and on top of both of them being slobs and leaving it to me to take care of their reptiles in addition to my own, yesterday he pinned her down so she wouldn't leave the room so he could keep yelling at her. He's so controlling he won't even "let" her change her hair. It's like I'm the only person who can see how toxic their relationship is. I don't know how many times I have to say "let us know if he needs to leave" before she gets the point that we don't want him here. I'd kick him out if it weren't for the fact that she very misguidedly thinks that she has equal say here despite the fact that we provide food, etc for them simply because she's on the lease and pays some bills. So WTF
  • @OmegaRose3 thank you. It just amazes me when I went to have my first neither gave a hoot. Now they both want to be there and are inviting themselves! 
    Wow that sounds like quite the mess to deal with. Hopefully she has plans to get her own place soon. 

• I hate that, too, @KMD1106! I had my anatomy scan last week and I thought I was going to bruise. Too bad the baby wouldn't show their heart, so I have to go back tomorrow.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • WTF animals!!! Cat just swiped and scratched DD's forehead and dog keeps trying to take food from her and bites her! Uggghhhh
  • As a few others mentioned, WTF to sick people going to work. We went out to eat last night for my FIL's birthday, and our waitress was sniffling the entire time. I kept watching her move around the restaurant to make sure she didn't bring her hands near her face.
  • WTF is wrong with me, I can normally never keep my eyes open past 9 and it's going on 11 and I'm wide awake  :|.  I get so cranky when I don't get enough sleep, somebody please come knock me out! Lol
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @emilyalso thank you so much. My mother was trying to convince me that I was overreacting. I feel better now.  :)
    Not overreacting at all! I follow another board and there are multiple, huge threads about women who YEARS later have still not been able to repair the relationship with their families because they stomped all over their post-partum time. Some of the stories are horrifying. If you want visitors, that's one thing. If you don't, never feel bad about sticking to your guns. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Kipperoo try looking up Keto recipes on pinterest! It's a low- to zero-carb diet. Lots of meat and fat. Very filling and pretty good :) good luck!
  • bacorrea said:
    I'm staying with my parents and when I do I basically take over the cooking. My mom has never been a huge cook and my siblings think I'm Racheal Ray or something (ha totally not!). My Dad has diabetes and my Mom was just recently diagnosed with gastroparesis, which is super rare and has a crazy diet because basically her stomach isn't emptying out properly so she can't have fibereous foods, aka most vegetables! The limited of vegetables she can have basically have to be cooked/blended before she can eat them. 

It is possibly going to snow a lot this weekend and I'm trying to come up with dinners for 10 people that are low carb/carb free and cooked veggie/veggie free. It's so hard! WTF am I supposed to make? 
    @bacorrea: Here's an idea: Breakfasts for dinner. Easy to make for a crowd. Think eggs, meats, maybe pancakes, cooked-down fruits (applesauce) and veggies (stewed tomatoes; sauteed peppers and onions), side of beans, that sort of thing?

Or, you can do a whole muffin tray or two of eggy cups: you can customize the veggies/meats/cheese for each little muffin cup section, for each person, then pour over a mix of eggs, milk, and a touch of flour/bisquick, and they puff up into golden eggy deliciousness---and seriously most people would be content with 1 or 2 with drinks and toast on the side. Just a thought!
  • Okay, I miss this whole thread yesterday somehow. I just have to say that @ShadeofGreen816 and @WombThereItIs have some super adorable dogs. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• WTF back pain. I'm so miserable that I broke down and called my OB for a physical therapy referral. I have a degenerative disk that was exacerbated when I was hit by a truck as a pedestrian 5 years ago, and pregnancy is just bringing out the worst in this situation.

DH is being really sweet and supportive, though. I laid down on ice when I got home and he made me tea, brought me my book and computer, and cooked/cleaned up dinner. I'm posting up in bed all evening. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• WombThereItIs, I've been having the exact same debate with myself re: discharge or yeast infection. I'm 90% sure it's not a yeast infection, but it isn't the most pleasant pregnancy symptom.

*TW loss warning*
    I have an irrational fear of taking Monistat or any meds for a yeast infection during pregnancy because I took it last time the same week that my baby stopped developing. I know it's irrational, but it's where my PGAL brain goes.
    *end TW*
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @RedInLove We put her on the lease to help her out so now we're stuck dealing with it until the lease is up or he does something bad enough to justify kicking him out. I'm just counting down to August when I don't have to live with anyone else.
  • WTF garbage truck? You skipped my house and I can't go an extra week with that thing still full.
  • WxM941 said:
    WTF garbage truck? You skipped my house and I can't go an extra week with that thing still full.
    @WxM941 call the service and they have to send someone out to pick it up

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @mrsrep123 I did. They're sending someone out today. Hopefully they get here before the nasty weather does.
  • @RedInLove We put her on the lease to help her out so now we're stuck dealing with it until the lease is up or he does something bad enough to justify kicking him out. I'm just counting down to August when I don't have to live with anyone else.
    Yabbut - HE's not on your lease, so he can be kicked out. NO, you don't have to deal with it, especially if you are providing the for the majority of the household. 

If he threatens, or does violence again, YOU get a restraining order, her feelings be damned. 
    DS Born 1/12/13 - Molar Pregnancy 3/2014/D&C 3/2015 - EDD with Baby #2 May 26th, 2017