May 2017 Moms

Calling all Bachelor fans!

*Lets just assume this thread will always contain spoilers*

Nick's season started last night, and we watched at home. What does everyone think of Nick? Who are the favorite girls and who do we think will be the crazy one(s)? 

Re: Calling all Bachelor fans!

• Personally, I thought Nick was kinda a toolbag on Andi's season, but we all know how "creative" the producers/editors get sometimes. I was pretty neutral on Kaitlin's season, but felt like he was honestly a better pick than Shawn. And, like everyone else, he won me over on BIP. I have decided he was probably a scrawny, nerdy kid in HS, then got attractive later in life and thats why he's so awkward. He SEEMS genuine enough, but I guess we'll see.

I love the Canadian SPED teacher, the NICU nurse, and the lawyer. I think maybe the NICU nurse might be too normal to stick around long, though. 

The girl from the wedding (Liz) seems like she's probably crazy and/or generally attention seeking. I think it's kind of strange to announce to the world that you slept with Nick at a wedding, and then come on the show. I feel like his reaction was legit and I think after they have some big discussion/blowout about it, she'll be gone.
  • Lurking from June. 

Liz is crazy. The producers probably told nick she had to stay. He definitely didn't seem into her. There always has to be one!  And then that Koryn girl? The one who kissed him..... crazy #2. 

I too liked nicu nurse! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ahahaha...shark dolphin girl! I can't believe he kept her and I love that he kept correcting her "ok, but you know that's a shark costume". I think I'm going to find her, Josephine, Raven (just because her voice drives me crazy), and Corrine all super annoying. I also really don't like that he kept that Liz chicky--she had her chance with him and it seems to me that she's just in it for the fame of being "with the Bachelor". And I think the best girls in the bunch are Rachel and Vanessa. I actually like him as the Bachelor and I think he'll be at least entertaining to watch because he knows the ins and outs of the process and knows what makes good television. All of the red dresses were HILARIOUS. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Oh, yeah! I liked NICU nurse, too! But her voice also drove me crazy (along with Raven)...I think I just need to get over my issue with people's voices, haha...
  • Alright, I want to watch this season. I'll try to find last nights somewhere and hopefully this thread can help me remember weekly.

Do any of you do a fantasy team thingy?
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • pshaortaopshaortao member
    edited January 2017
    Like everybody else I am also a fan of the NICU nurse as well as the special ed teacher. And I'm curious to see how sha-dolphin does next week! Corinne and Liz are the one to watch out for for sure. You would think that being Jade's MOH, she would be as genuine and sweet. 

What bugs me about last night was how much these ladies were all about getting into his pants. Yes, he is a sexual man, but he didn't agree to be the bachelor just to have sex. 

As for Nick being the bachelor, I was pleasantly surprised. I had thought it was going to be Luke but I wasnt a big fan of him. Nick really won me over on BIP and I'm rooting for him to find love for once and forever. 

• It's way too early for me to differentiate who anyone is :D
    I do think that the producers made him keep the one night stand girl, for future dramas. 
  • Warning: rant from a die hard Bachelor fan!

I have despised Nick for years. I hate how he constantly covers his mouth with his hands when he speaks and can't look people in the eye when he talks to them. Both make him seem shady and untrustworthy. It made me happy that they called him out on these behaviors in the intro last night! But the real reason I can't stand him is -- everyone seems to have forgotten -- he shamed Andi for sleeping with him in the Fantasy Suite on national TV and then caused drama with the other guys in the house after sleeping with Kaitlyn. Gross. Again, classic behavior of someone who lacks integrity. What you do behind closed doors should stay that way unless you two BOTH decide to share it with the world. And you should definitely not throw it in the face of your fellow contestants.

I could see him being named the new Bachelor coming a mile away. It was like the entire season of BiP this summer had the sole focus of rehabbing his image. They made him out to be this wise relationship expert, "helping" and "giving advice" to everyone else in Paradise. How stupid do they think we are?

I hope the girls on this season will call him out on his BS. Rachel seems very smart and not afraid to speak her mind (reminds me of Andi), so I hope she continues to challenge him. I do believe that Nick could turn a corner if he found the right girl. I just hope he won't choose a half-wit who strokes his ego and makes him feel like a big man. 
  • I'm catching up with my DVR tonight, but I was NOT a Nick fan at all until BIP. But then I think I only slightly liked him because they made Josh into the "bad guy" and you felt sorry for Nick. So I'm interested to see how I feel about him this season.... 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @Kipperoo where did you get that footrest?! It's so cute! Your entire nursery setup is adorable.
  • @Kipperoo where did you get that footrest?! It's so cute! Your entire nursery setup is adorable.
    Oh thanks!! It's still very much a work in progress. The footstool (along with most things in the room because I have no time to shop) is from Target! 
    https://www.target.com/p/oh-joy-heart-ottoman-pink-gold/-/A-50176001?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Home+Decor+Shopping_Brand&adgroup=SC_Home+Decor&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=m&location=9001979&gclid=CPOogKCmp9ECFRJYDQodUTUBWw&gclsrc=aw.ds
  • I don't watch BIP and I missed Andi's season. I'm still undecided on whether I think he was the right choice to headline a season. 

Corinne seems like she could become a cross between Courtney Robertson and Kelsey Poe. 

I think Liz is looking to cash in on her franchise connections and get her 15min of fame. I'm sure it won't last very long. 

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • I liked Nick on Kaitlyn's season (and was shocked she didn't pick him) and then loved him on BIP. I haven't seen Bachelor yet (I work third shift), but will catch up Friday on my day off. I'm so excited he's the Bachelor! Husband and I watch (more because I watch and he's there) and he loves to guess who the top three will be in the end. We keep our lists on the refrigerator and get bragging rights for whoever guesses the best.
  • @nda_roxybabe my girlfriends and I do a fantasy league every season. ABC/ESPN has started Fantasy Bachelor this year, but it is just a weekly set of questions and then you pick your final four by week three. If anyone would like to join our group for that the name is "4 strikes and you're out" and the password is nick4. 

After Andi's season, I didn't like Nick. I thought it was a really jerky move with him calling her out on national tv. That conversation could have taken place in private. I was indifferent regarding Kaitlyn's season, but this last season of BiP really made me start to like him. I really think that he and Jen made a great couple and that he only broke up with her because they had already told him that he would be the bachelor of things didn't work out with her. 

I think a lot of these girls are crazy! Corinne and her nanny, what grown woman has a nanny? For herself! Liz seems like she's just there for attention as is shar-dolphin girl. I really like Danielle, the NICU nurse, but I think she is too sweet to last. I totally thought Vanessa would get the first impression rose, and was surprised when Rachel received it. There are a few things that Nick did on Monday's episode that really stepped him up in my book, and I hope he continues on that path. 
  • Did everyone fall off the Bachelor bandwagon this season?! I've been watching but to be honest I'm not really "hooked" this season. Like I can go weeks without watching it and then just catch up a little at a time. I liked Nick from BIP, but not a fan of this season. 

But I figured since we are nearing the finale maybe we should dig the thread up again... 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Ha I never thought this thread would get resurrected. I've been watching all along. Im a bit bored with it now but am still seeing it to the end. I think the fact they announced the next bachelorette early kind of ruined it for me.

• pshaortao said:
    Ha I never thought this thread would get resurrected. I've been watching all along. Im a bit bored with it now but am still seeing it to the end. I think the fact they announced the next bachelorette early kind of ruined it for me.
    Yes, I think bored is a good way to describe this season! I agree that announcing the next bachelorette before she was ever eliminated ruined it. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Definitely bored with this season. Hopefully next season will be better. 
  • I'm watching, but so bored! Corinne was the only entertaining part because...duh.
    I don't like Nick, at all. I like Vanessa, but think she's way too mature for him. I love Raven, but I think him and Rachel have the best chemistry/ connection.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Been listening to a recap show on sirius xm all along but never watch. It's weird not knowing what any of them look like lol
  • It'll be interesting to see how next season is, with the anticipated increase in diversity. 

• I watched the first 4 episodes and got bored. I watched for like 15 minutes last week and that just seemed to confirm for me that he is not really there for long lasting love.I'm ready for the next season. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• I've been watching, but like y'all have said, it's been kind of boring. I feel like all of the girls are too good for him. 
  • Ditto on the "meh" feelings for this season. I went ahead and read Reality Steve's spoilers because I've only been half paying attention to the episodes. I feel like the show needs a little shakeup in format or something...
  • edited March 2017
    Catching up on this thread since we just caught up on last nights episode. I am finding this season to be less entertaining than usual for sure. I don't mind nick honestly. I think Raven is just adorable but I'm not sure that they're entirely right for each other. 
    It feels like they're talking outwardly about sec more on this season than ever before. Maybe it's just with Nicks history/reputation? Or maybe ABC knows sex sells? 
    I'm feeling like I'm the only one not in love with Rachel. She seems too normal to be the Bachelorette. I'll be honest, I watch for the entertainment factor - I don't really believe most of these people really fall in love. 
  • Kipperoo said:
    Ditto on the "meh" feelings for this season. I went ahead and read Reality Steve's spoilers because I've only been half paying attention to the episodes. I feel like the show needs a little shakeup in format or something...
    I read the spoilers a few weeks ago too because I honestly just didn't care this season. Not super excited about the supposed "pick" but then again I'm not super excited about anyone on the season. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • I guess I'm the only one still loving it? I'm not "meh" at all!
  • Nick was announced this morning as one of the contestants for Dancing with the Stars. 
  • Totally bumping this up because tonights the final rose!

• I'm watching, even though I know how it ends. 
  • I had picked my final four early on and guessed who would get the final rose. I ended up guessing correctly so I'm over here like yeahhh fist pump. But the conversations wete jo hum as usual. Nothing new although the proposal part still gets me though.

I'm wondering what other thinks about the "dramatic" surprise at the end of the after the final rose. I really dont know what to think yet!

• @pshaortao I'm on the West Coast, so I haven't see the surprise yet. 
  • What was the surprise? I wad really wanting tto watch but it took entirely too long to put my kids to bed and it was exactly 9 am when I finally walked out of DD's room.  :(
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Anyone else not get a whole "in love" vibe?!
  • KipperooKipperoo member
    edited March 2017
    @Cubslove12, yes...I thought they seemed super awkward during After the Final Rose. I'm guessing they will be together 6 months, tops.
  • I think they do love each other but I feel that Vanessa is just a little too open about her feelings and insecurities. I mean good for her being super open about everything but a relationship deserve some privacy and they can still achieve that after being watched by millions. Being on the bachelor does not mean the public has to know every details. They could be creating a bigger strain on themselves if people are talking about it instead of being happy. I do wish them the best regardless.

@vrj0522 the surprise was they started the bachelorette right then and there. They had 5 guys come and introduce themselves to Rachel. Now that I think about it, it felt awkward and cut off.  Now im like where are the rest? Are they heading to the mansion right after to finish the first night? I think theyre just trying too hard to change things up. 

• I thought he would pick Raven. In listening to the two girls narrate, and even some of Nick's commentary, it sounded like it was more easy and natural between Nick and Raven. I otherwise like both ladies and do think they are both great women. It just seemed more strained with Vanessa.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Exactly like @RedInLove said. I think he should have picked Raven, but that made me think he'd pick Vanessa, because I swear they never pick who I think they should!!

I'm SUPER glad Rachel is the Bachelorette.