February 2017 Moms
Options

Monday B*fest

It's only the 2nd day of 2017, but no need to let that hold you back!

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: Monday B*fest

• Options
    Other than the non working toilet, I'll go with the fact that my kids are driving me nuts. I'm literally counting down the minutes until at least one goes back to school tomorrow. 
  • Options
    I was out of work sick the entire week last week (thanks for bringing the extra gift of food poisoning to family Christmas, whichever one of you idiots it was....) and so of course nothing was done, so I came back to a mess. One person covered some essential parts of my job, sort of, and decided to take today off, so I have no clue whats going on..... More than a little worried this is what I am coming back to after maternity leave, x12..... and my work BFF (who I have known most of my life) finds out tomorrow if she has a new job... Of our team of 4 under my incompetent supervisor, 2 of us (who have entirely different jobs) will be on maternity at pretty much the exact same time, and now 1 of the 2 that will be here might be quitting...

And of course, the roads are absolute crap today, so my husband just dropped off his truck and took my (entirely impractical) car home... but I HATE driving his truck, and actually feel safer driving my car in the crap weather even if it is RWD and can't get through anything, and now if I don't want to drive myself home after work I will still have to.... even though he took the week off... because I have his truck.

Kind of starting to wish I still had food poisoning LOL
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been in the waiting room at the vet for 1.5 hours now. Shoot me. 
  • Options
    My bitch is about having to go back to work tomorrow. I've had the majority of the past few weeks off and I really don't feel like having to go back. I should just be grateful I had so much time off.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Options
    Warm weather + drizzle all day is leading to two dogs completely covered in mud...  I just let my pups back in to find them coated from tummy on down.  Luckily, they are short haired...  Unluckily, squatting down to towel them off is getting nearly impossible.  At least they seem tired out now and I might be able to keep them inside till DH gets home tonight.

+1 for having to go back to work tomorrow after being off since the 22nd.  I need to train my new analyst how to do my job ASAP and I can't even imagine making it till 11 a.m. without a nap.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    LOL @PerraSucia so glad this baby isn't the only one who picks and chooses who will get him to be active- my hubby works out of state m-f most weeks. When he is home the baby is almost always super calm, barely moves, will respond if you poke him but not too noticeably.... and I swear, every night that my husband is gone, he has a party in there.... I keep telling him he better not be like that when he meets the world, totally calm and well behaved and relaxed when dad is around and a party animal when its just me and him!
  • Options
    I keep getting judging looks and remarks from people who think I should be on 16 and Pregnant or something. I'm 24 and married!
  • Options
    Christmas is offically over! My sister, her husband & my nephew go back to germany tomorrow morning & im going home too (been at my parents since 23rd dec). Packing is a bitch & im already dreading unpacking & washing tomorrow.
  • Options
    Had a minor stress freak out this evening over how much stuff we have to do prior to baby's arrival. We are making really great progress on the baby list, but I have so much real estate and tax prep work to do. I'm also on the dreading work train with all of you... it is going to be a long, long month. 
  • Options
    @CarsAndLove watch out ;) He'll be the teenager throwing house parties when you're out of town

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @beern Amen. Perfect comparison!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My only B**** right now is that I wish Costco had more warnings on products they were going to pull from online ordering in the new year. I mean to a degree it has worked in my favour, but knowing that I would have a time limit on the things I was looking at would have been a major help... at least in the stress aspect of things. I just would have liked more time for come up with plan B, C, etc. I'm actually surprised with how much of their baby gear they've removed from their online stores in Canada. I suppose not enough people were ordering it :/
  • Options
    My MBF yesterday: We drove an hour and a half to this beer store near my fiancé's parent's house (we had to pick something up from them) and I was SOO excited to grab a few beers to add to my PP stash. I had about 4 picked. When we got home I was putting them away and one "best by" date was August 2016 and one was March 2017. I was soooo upset. I had been looking forward to going to this store for a week now and was very disappointed. I know I can still drink the March one but it just makes me mad how this is a "high end" store and they sell that junk.
  • Options
    @xstatic3333 depending on your hospitals policy you might not be getting any more rest being there than being home. We had rooming in and there was no nursery. I didn't sleep the entire time I was there. I think a lot of people want to leave the hospital , I certainly do but I'll have to stay two nights. Also I'm trying to avoid drugs for selfish reasons as well. You have people on your side! 
  • Options

@Xstatic3333 The August beer is an IPA and I had checked on pretty much the same thing. I'm not really sure what I want to do about it because it is an IPA and I really just want some really awesome beers since I haven't had any in 9 months (aside from the occasional sips). It also just really annoys me because we drove an hour and a half to get there. I may just find an excuse to get back down that way and see if I can exchange it/complain haha. I'm for sure having the March one like 1 week PP though!

Also, I'm kinda with you in that I have never had a hospital stay and I'm already itching to not stay there very long. I want all the instruction from the nurses because I'm a FTM but we are a mandatory rooming-in hospital and hospitals in general just make me uneasy.

• Options
    @Xstatic3333 It is very frustrating talking about your birth plans with people IRL, especially if you are trying to do anything outside the norm. It is perfectly ok to be worried for yourself, not just your baby in this process. We are all about to undergo a major medical/life event - whatever our individual delivery stories, that is still true.

Taking care of yourself in this process is important, don't let anyone make you feel bad about that! Hang in there, and vent away!
  • Options
    Thanks so much guys. I wish I could hug you all right now. @Gretchypoo, I definitely talk a lot about my fears of birth injuries with H, but he's just SO convinced that everything will go fine (because why wouldn't it?) that there's not much give and take going on in the conversation. The doula is going to be a huge help too. I'm so glad we have her. Since she's free I don't bug her too much but she has a really good attitude about interventions that is relaxed in all the ways I need. I feel you on the pain meds. I hate how they make me feel so much. Good for you for advocating for what you want even though you've been thrown so many curveballs! You've totally got this.

I thought of another BF that is totally unrelated. The movie Patriots' Day should not exist. Too. Effing. Soon. I'm ashamed at Mark Wahlberg for participating in it. He should have known better.  
  • Options

@Xstatic3333 I feel the same way! I don't want an epidural because the idea of it freaks me out and the possible effects after scare me. I also don't like how pain meds have affected me in the past. When I got my wisdom teeth out, I took 1 vicodin and it made me sick and feel horrible I just stuck to ibuprofen. I've also never had to stay in a hospital but my H had to stay for a week when we were dating. It's crappy and you don't get sleep. Even without a baby present they still come check you all hours of the night or there are alarms going off. I've only mentioned it to a couple people because of their reactions too. But there is support here and it's been so helpful!

And I totally agree about that movie! The first time I saw the trailer for it I said that is way too soon!

Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Agreed with everyone above. My 85 year old grandmother literally jumped out of her chair when I mentioned that I didn't want an epidural. Luckily my mother had all three of us without pain meds so she was on my side. I won't be discussing my plans with anyone else now.
  • Options
    RachelbdRachelbd member
    edited January 2017

I hate to be this person, but my Bitch is about H this week because if I don't get it out I will explode. He decided to go and apply for his gun license without telling me, knowing that I am 100% inflexible on the fact that we will never have a gun in our home with small children. I feel 1. pissed, because I feel like he was sneaky about it, and I found out by asking what he was doing when I saw him filling out paperwork (while like, hiding in our bedroom) for it. 2. disrespected, because he knows how strongly I feel against guns, and he went and did it anyway 3. frustrated, because this costs several hundred dollars to do, and is right before I will be taking m 99% unpaid maternity leave and we still have a LOT to get for baby. He said he won't get a gun now them, to which I responded well what is the point of spending a bunch of money on a license knowing you aren't getting a gun?

We got into a blowout because I expressed all these things to him and he sees it as me "telling him what to do" or "trying to control him" and overreacting. Is it me, or is something as big as GUNS something that should be a family discussion/decision? It aggravates the shit outta me because he never expressed this fascination and desire to have guns until the past year or two, and I feel like a lot of it is because his family and friends are all into guns and have them now. Meanwhile, I have maintained since we met that I don't like guns and am very uncomfortable around them. I don't even like being around all those people knowing most of them are packing heat (and carry while drinking ). His defense now is it's "just in case", but I said the only "just in case" would be if we were divorced because I have made totally clear I will not have a gun in my house, so he is throwing a hissy fit, and saying "well fine, I want it in case we get divorced". So that makes me feel awesome. Like, he'd rather leave the possibility of divorce open than respect my wishes on something that I think is a huge deal. And being all tired,  uncomfortable, stressed  and hormonal certainly isn't helping the situation.

Ugh sorry for the rant, I just needed a vent, as my IRL friends are limited and mostly far away.

• Options
    @Xstatic3333 I agree about the movie! I can't even imagine that those involved have had enough time to cope and move forward and now they will have to be reminded all over again  :'(

In my post partum hormonal mess, I saw the commercial for the movie followed immediately by the Pampers newborn diaper commercial and I totally broke down. Too much too soon!
  • Options
    Rachelbd said:

I hate to be this person, but my Bitch is about H this week because if I don't get it out I will explode. He decided to go and apply for his gun license without telling me, knowing that I am 100% inflexible on the fact that we will never have a gun in our home with small children. I feel 1. pissed, because I feel like he was sneaky about it, and I found out by asking what he was doing when I saw him filling out paperwork (while like, hiding in our bedroom) for it. 2. disrespected, because he knows how strongly I feel against guns, and he went and did it anyway 3. frustrated, because this costs several hundred dollars to do, and is right before I will be taking m 99% unpaid maternity leave and we still have a LOT to get for baby. He said he won't get a gun now them, to which I responded well what is the point of spending a bunch of money on a license knowing you aren't getting a gun?

We got into a blowout because I expressed all these things to him and he sees it as me "telling him what to do" or "trying to control him" and overreacting. Is it me, or is something as big as GUNS something that should be a family discussion/decision? It aggravates the shit outta me because he never expressed this fascination and desire to have guns until the past year or two, and I feel like a lot of it is because his family and friends are all into guns and have them now. Meanwhile, I have maintained since we met that I don't like guns and am very uncomfortable around them. I don't even like being around all those people knowing most of them are packing heat (and carry while drinking ). His defense now is it's "just in case", but I said the only "just in case" would be if we were divorced because I have made totally clear I will not have a gun in my house, so he is throwing a hissy fit, and saying "well fine, I want it in case we get divorced". So that makes me feel awesome. Like, he'd rather leave the possibility of divorce open than respect my wishes on something that I think is a huge deal. And being all tired,  uncomfortable, stressed  and hormonal certainly isn't helping the situation.

Ugh sorry for the rant, I just needed a vent, as my IRL friends are limited and mostly far away.

Man that sucks. Guns is diffidently a family decision and to spend a lot of money before the baby without talking to you is a huge issue. You have good reason to be angry, these decisions should be made as a couple. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks