July 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms - Jan 2

Re: Weekly Symptoms - Jan 2

• Options
    @mj8215 NO! Phish is a band, not a show. Run away!!
    (Sorry. They're one of those super duper hippy jam bands, with a huge following. Kind of like a Moder Grateful Dead, though I am sure saying that is somehow offensive. They have their own fan ("Phan") community like The Bump, people quit their job to "tour with Phish" (go to concerts and do drugs), and overall it's a whole sub-culture that...I find kind of odd.

But they have a song called "Wilson." Lol

@plumpous I've been having the same. I also don't think it feels like gas, but as a STM I also don't think it feels like baby. My guess is either gas, or things making space (causing a new type of gas feeling). If I didn't know better, I would have sworn baby has been kicking for a month now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sar6785sar6785 member
    edited January 2017
    Someone please tell me that one day I'll be able to brush my teeth like a normal person again. I'm so tired of it ending with me throwing up. 

@ginger1228  I'm still having the same problem on and off. The fact that I have a cold and everything is draining into my throat is definitely not helping. 

Anyone else dealing with a cold?? I've been dealing with a sore throat and coughing since Sunday. Seems to be coming to the end, I hope!
  • Options
    @plumpous baby isn't really near the stomach at 12 weeks.  Is the stabbing pain lower like in the pelvic region?  Then it could be RLP.
  • Options
    sar6785 said:
    Someone please tell me that one day I'll be able to brush my teeth like a normal person again. I'm so tired of it ending with me throwing up. 

@ginger1228  I'm still having the same problem on and off. The fact that I have a cold and everything is draining into my throat is definitely not helping. 

Anyone else dealing with a cold?? I've been dealing with a sore throat and coughing since Sunday. Seems to be coming to the end, I hope!
    Yessss. I've also had a cold for the last two weeks. It got better, but then I started feeling bad again a day or two ago. It's mainly just the drainage that's driving me crazy. 

And the headaches. I'm so sick of waking up with them. I had one all night last night. I think it's because I had an empty stomach (bc of a tooth brushing incident). I'm looking forward to my lunch hour so I can take a nap. 
  • Options
    It's high UP the stomach a bit above the belly button. I know it's not the baby. I was trying to describe the feeling. Like something shooting out lol. What's RLP? 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This isn't really a symptom per se but I couldn't find a more appropriate board, so here we are. I have a "simple ovarian cyst" on my right ovary, 6x6 cm. I didn't think much of it at first because the doctor seemed totally unconcerned, and they said even if it got bigger, there's a good chance they still wouldn't do anything about it.

But today I decided I wanted to learn more about these ovarian cysts during pregnancy... mistake! Someone turn off my wifi. I mean, to be fair, in most cases they shrink on their own and/or present no issues (I don't have any pain or other symptoms), but sometimes if they grow they will decide to remove them in the 2nd trimester. Apparently really big ones can present problems, either for me (severe pain) or the baby (unlikely though) if they're oriented in a certain direction. Removing them seems quite safe, and it can even be done laparoscopically, but still, the prospect of surgery during pregnancy has me freaked out. Gah!
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Options
    @lph4248 I have one too- try not to worry.  They are fairly common and we just find out about them during pregnancy because of regular ultrasounds. It is great that your doc saw it and can monitor you but you have an overwhelming chance of it being nothing at all to worry about.  Stay away from the interwebz!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The diarrhea is real!! And it ALWAYS happens at 9pm at night. Like clockwork. Oh my gosh. Horrible. Also every time I cough, I throw up in my mouth, super gross. I know. 
  • Options
    @lph4248 I fell down that exact google wormhole with my last pregnancy. It's super scary, especially the thought of surgery, torsion, or anything that may harm the baby. I had a 5cm cyst on my right ovary, big enough that my doctor and the ultrasound tech were baffled that I wasn't in pain, visible at 7 and 11 weeks by US, and was completely gone by my anatomy scan at 18 weeks. Dr. Google is very scary in situations like this. I hope yours dissolves soon like most do!!!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    plumpous said:
    It's high UP the stomach a bit above the belly button. I know it's not the baby. I was trying to describe the feeling. Like something shooting out lol. What's RLP? 
    Round ligament pain - it is normally felt quite a bit lower down though so it can't be that.  Are you a second time mom?  Could it be pain from csection scar tissue or if you had vaginal delivery - it could be from how things healed and were repositioned. Come to think of it I get a weird internal pulling on my navel depending on how I move now that I'm 14 weeks and the uterus is growing/moving up.
  • Options
    I'll join the cyst club - I have one on my left ovary too. Dr didn't seem concerned at all. It caused a little bit of pain in the early weeks, but I haven't had any lately. 
  • Options
    @lph4248 Google is the devil to calm in pregnancy. I learned the hard way too. I just had a scan today and I have a "cyst" as well. It's just left over from the egg releasing, and it's completely normal and harmless. I had a cyst a long time ago as well, it was decently sized, but they let it go and it went away on it's own. Cyst sounds scary but they really aren't. I'm sure you and baby will be okay :) 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    Woke up with a new symptom: three enormous whitehead zits clustered on my chin.  Owww, my vanity!

I've read mixed things about whether OTC topical salicylic acid is safe.  It has taken a lot of willpower not to attack my face with a million zit creams.
  • Options
    lph4248lph4248 member
    edited January 2017
    Thanks @kerils @OperaSingerMommy @dancegurl1118 and @ginger1228. I feel so much better already. Rationally I know it's nothing to worry about, but it helps so much to hear from others who have experienced or are dealing with the same thing!

@Twinkiedoll Different docs say different things about what's safe (though they usually all agree on no retinoids). My OB okayed me using the Neutrogena benzoyl peroxide scrub since it washes off (low skin absorption). It's not a miracle worker for me but it helps. You could ask your doctor about that?
    I also highly recommend a sulfur-based mask, which I use as spot treatment at home. It dries em up quickly. Just make sure to check the ingredients so that there isn't retinoid or something added in too. 
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Options
    I had two (or have??) of the cysts on the same side. In the first few weeks I was told no exercise bc they were so painful and apparently could have easily twisted. I am almost 100 percent sure they are gone now bc nobody has said anything since and I was given the ok to work out. But damn, I have to say I'm glad I didn't go down the google wormhole on that one! Hopefully for everyone in the cyst club they resolve soon. Apparently it provides progesterone until the placenta takes over so maybe try to think of that side of it if you're nervous. ;) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My OB was so concerned that he couldn't visualize where the cyst was attached to on the US that he was elbow deep in my uterus trying to feel where it attached. 

Needless to say DH's first experience at a prenantal appointment was one with wide eyes. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    @Xath I'm crying. 
  • Options
    I'm so gassy....it's embarrassing!

@Xath I love the Simpsons reference! I'm dying laughing! 
  • Options
    @supermom83 Spider Pig is great, but I have to credit the original source/inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUtziaZlDeE

vintage cartoon retro tv show 60s
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Xath since it's winter I haven't even glanced at the back of my legs but I suspect the spider veins are intense back there. Seriously grateful for pant weather!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Xath hysterical

I tried to shave my legs yesterday. Tried. I did a worse job then my first time shaving. I don't even know why or how, but it was a fiasco, and I'm thinking about quitting until after the baby is born.... but don't tell my husband lol. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    The struggle is real, ya'll. I can't even take my prenatal in the morning without trying 6 times to not puke it back up. And I've almost entirely given up on brushing my tongue. As soon as the toothbrush touches my mouth I'm already gagging. Yay for mouthwash and listerine packs.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @yanchuss have them at night! The one time I had them during the day they didn't sit well with me (maybe food combo?) and I threw up 
    and it wasn't like a regular throw up TMI it was basically like you better empty yourself CoMPLEtEly. 
    Anyone who has darker skin and darker hair will probably feel sorry for how terribly I need to get a full body wax. It depressing me. I don't have the courage to deal with the pain of waxing anymore. And shaving will turn me into a man so that's a no no my hairs already thick.
  • Options
    A big symptom or change I'd say is, I love loud music. I love rave music. I love party music. You get the picture. but NOW I can't stand music unless it's at a low low low volume. I can only listen to mellow songs and even then I would prefer no sounds whatsoever. I keep telling my husband to speak in a lower voice I can't stand his voice going higher either! I think that's why I always start feeling sick with my MIL calls she has an awful voice LoL
  • Options
    CarsonsMommy this might be tmi but the other night after sex I grabbed my DHs hand and made him feel my uterus. I'm 13 weeks and normally I can't feel it but after an orgasm it's like a rock. 
    I don't think it was the postcoital relaxation he was expecting but he played along with my excitement. 

Also, actual symptom question. Whenever I exercise more than walking (even walking fast brings it on) I have a mild-moderate stabbing pain in my abdomen which I assume is RLP. 
    I've got an appointment on Monday but I'm sure they'll just tell me to dial it back if it hurts but after spending my first trimester mostly on the couch I'm eager to be active and healthy now my nausea and exhaustion has calmed down and this is seriously holding me back! :( 

Anyone got any suggestions or dealt with this this time or in the past??
  • Options
    @Nellin Haven't had that problem before, but maybe swimming instead of walking would relieve it? I know the water takes a lot of pressure off. Or maybe walking on a treadmill instead of outside would make it lower impact? Or biking? Just throwing these out there. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    BabyMama4LifeBabyMama4Life member
    edited January 2017
     No!  I'm normal, promise!!  Newbie who wasn't thinking clearly when selecting a name!  

I get the Dennis the Menace Mrs. Wilson all the time. Good friends call me Mrs. Wilson. Not so much into the Phish. More of a GD girl here. 

@satsumasandlemons
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    For those of you having "pinchin" in your lower back, it could be your SI joint and not the sciatic nerve. I had a lot of problems with it with my first and it started at the end of 2nd tri. It started a few days ago this time. I don't know if there's much you can do about it, I've never been able to finally any relief. As baby gets bigger the more it pinches.
  • Options
    kerils Thanks, you're right, I probably do need to mix it up a bit. I'm not a good swimmer but maybe now is a good time to practice! 
  • Options
    JAM85JAM85 member
    edited January 2017
    Anyone have a resurgence of morning sickness? I'm 14w5d and yesterday and today had bad bouts of nausea and immediate vomiting (today in the car which was horrifying) when I had been good for over 3 weeks! I'm still on my unisom and b6 too after a failed attempt to wean 1.5 weeks ago. This didn't happen that I can remember with my first. Just a resurgence of hormones? Why?!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @JAM85 My morning sickness has been weird too. It's been getting better since 10 weeks (I'm 13,4 ATM) but the only two times I've vomited were yesterday and last Saturday. In the beginning, it was just all the time nausea no matter what I did, but now its triggered by smells and I have to eat something every hour, which is annoying the h*ll of of me. 2 hours I can do, but every stinking hour? Also today it's slightly worse than it has been recently, probably because I'm super tired for no apparent reason other than pregnancy. I think I did get a surge of hormones this morning, because I haven't really done anything and I slept pretty well last night. At least as well as I do now that I'm pregnant. FTM and I just want to know when I'll get to choose when I eat again, and not be ruled by my immediate hunger to nausea problem. And not have to eat every gd hour. 

I'm also supposed to go out to eat today with my MIL and I know she'd understand if I cancelled, but I don't want to have to! 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    @Cait32 it's definitely pregnancy because it isn't constant symptoms like a stomach bug or something. It is that sudden wave of nausea and panic that I have to throw up right then. Then some general nauseous feeling loke
    i had earlier. At almost 15 weeks I thought I could call it good and even still being on unisom and b6!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    JAM85JAM85 member
    edited January 2017
    @Cait32 holy cow FIVE kids?! I do know many people who thrive with families that big I will say. Personally we both are on board for this being the last at 2 and I'm 31 bit DH is going to be 36 next Month. This being your first you don't know what to expect and and I think you will find as you go along and after the baby is here so many things fade or don't seem as bad. I had bad m/s until 20 weeks with my first and I knew that going in along with all the other little things but wanting that baby really overrides it all. It seems so overwhelming especially the first time to think of 4 more times of this but when you have another kid or kids time passes a lot quicker and there is a lot less focus on the pregnancy part because there just isn't the time! As for doing it with a toddler- it just happens, really! sometimes it feels crazy and others like a miracle and as long as your partner works with you and you are a good team that's all you need!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Cait32 #slothlife ...I feel the same. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    yanchussyanchuss member
    edited January 2017
    @zara4k I feel you with the waxing! I'm italian and my hair is growing so fast it's disgusting. I've given up waxing for now but even shaving my legs has already become uncomfortable and I'm only 11 w 4 d. 

I'm also experiencing upper stomach pains. Is anyone else? It's not sharp/painful, it kind of just feels like a mild bruise or like my stomach muscles are strained. I'm on bedrest (which is making me insane) so I'm wondering if it's because I've been so inactive lately.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @cait32 5 kids starting now sounds crazy unless you have a likelihood of twins lol!  You could also adopt though so all is not lost if you are open to that.  Don't worry yet about next time - you get amnesia.  I mean you remember something about being sick but you can't really fathom the feeling and you forget the intensity of labor too - it's just a distant memory.  It's nature's way of making sure we continue to procreate.
  • Options
    supermom83supermom83 member
    edited January 2017
    @yanchuss
    I'm also experiencing upper stomach pains. Is anyone else? It's not sharp/painful, it kind of just feels like a mild bruise or like my stomach muscles are strained. I'm on bedrest (which is making me insane) so I'm wondering if it's because I've been so inactive lately.
    I experienced some painful upper stomach pains a week ago. I figured out that it was due to indigestion. I had eaten a heavy dinner at around 8ish, and woke up at 2am with waves of stomach pain that felt like a mild bruise. It lasted a while. I got very little sleep that night due to both the pain and the psychological trauma I was putting myself through because I was convinced something was wrong with baby or pregnancy. Now I know not to eat so late, and nothing too heavy. I've kept my food on the lighter side lately and it's helped a lot. 

Can you remember what you've eaten before you got those stomach pains? Could you make a similar connection to the food and pains? Hopefully it was just that! 

Edit to add a tag.
  • Options
    @yanchuss
    I experienced some painful upper stomach pains a week ago. I figured out that it was due to indigestion. I had eaten a heavy dinner at around 8ish, and woke up at 2am with waves of stomach pain that felt like a mild bruise. It lasted a while. I got very little sleep that night due to both the pain and the psychological trauma I was putting myself through because I was convinced something was wrong with baby or pregnancy. Now I know not to eat so late, and nothing too heavy. I've kept my food on the lighter side lately and it's helped a lot. 

Can you remember what you've eaten before you got those stomach pains? Could you make a similar connection to the food and pains? Hopefully it was just that! 

Edit to add a tag.
    That makes me feel a lot better, thank you. I've been having digestion problems over the last few days, so hopefully it's nothing! I had a light meal tonight and I feel fine now. I've basically bled throughout half of this pregnancy so I'm super on edge about everything I'm feeling. This is also my first time being pregnant so I have no idea what's supposed to feel "normal". 
    BabyFetus Ticker