November 2016 Moms

Stupid Questions: January

Re: Stupid Questions: January

• I do too. It helps me problem solve when she's crying.  Also helps me keep track of her bathroom habits while she's healing from a dairy allergy.  It's a pain in the neck sometimes bit I just can't seem to quit it. 
  • SandNStarsNJSandNStarsNJ member
    edited January 2017
    @hoosiermama With my first I tracked everything for like 3 months. With this one I was tracking for the first four weeks because it helped me determine his progress and answer those basic questions at the doctor. When I stopped, people started getting sick in our house so I started tracking again to make sure he wasn't getting sick. Then I stopped again at 6 weeks and he got sick enough that we were in the hospital where they had me tracking. And so now, here we are, tracking feedings and diapers at 7 weeks. 

That was entirely too long of a way to say "yes". Wasn't it? Oh and I use the Medela app. 

ETA: autocorrect sucks
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Loading the player...
  • I track feeding times. Started with an app and all that right boob left boob stuff but quickly realized we both needed to see it so we have a good ole spiral notebook where I write down feeding time and type (nursing/BM bottle/formula bottle). I don't track anything else though 
  • I'm still tracking feedings and diapers. I'm actually not sure why lol. I started off doing it and now it's just a habit.
  • I am still tracking. I haven't been 100% the last couple weeks though. I do it mainly because she has had pooping issues since the beginning. She just now is starting to poop once a day or once every other day. 

I use use a small notebook and she is 8 weeks.

TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• I still track feeding times and diaper changes, it helps with my anxiety. Then I know how much we're changing him so I know if he's peeing enough. It also helps me keep track of when I should change him when things get busy so I don't forget, we use cloth diapers so it's harder to tell when he needs changing.  
  • Real talk: C-section mamas, how bad is it going to hurt to have sex? I just got cleared by my ob and I'm nervous. When he put the speculum in to do my pap it burned like hell. 
  • @MrsMaryK2016 heads up this will Be tmi so if anyone doesn't want to hear about My sex or vagina please don't read.
    I had sex when I was 1 day shy of my 6 week mark. I had to take it pretty easy since it was hurting going in. Mainly because it had been soo long since we had sex (I had my appendix out July at 27 week and couldn't do anything for so long. We had sex probably twice before I gave birth oct 26) so I was really tight. It was a lot of easing in and needed some foreplay. But other than that it wasn't painful at all. each time we have sex now it gets less and less difficult as my body is getting used to it again. The section itself is perfect, no pain at all! And once he's in there's no problem! Just getting there we had to work a little harder at. 
  • Ugh, I'm so nervous about sex! Which obviously doesn't help matters. We've had a rough year as far as health, and H felt uncomfortable the further along we got in pregnancy, so we haven't had sex in a long while. I had to have a transvaginal ultrasound to check for retained placenta and even that was uncomfortable. 
  • When do the PP hot flashes stop? I swear between the sweat and the milk my poor bras are in terrible, stinky shape.

It's really amazing how completely opposite of sexy I feel these days. I think I should worry less about how bad sex will hurt and more about making sure my husband even wants to be near me and my sweaty bod. 
  • The hot flashes don't quit for me until I stop breast-feeding, but I assume it is different for each person.

And you made a baby, I'm sure your husband still finds you sexy.  I don't think we give ourselves enough credit.
  • Someone posted a month or two back about a magic food that Mom ate that helped baby poop. What was it?! Or other suggestions. Poor babe. 
  • kristah2 said:
    Someone posted a month or two back about a magic food that Mom ate that helped baby poop. What was it?! Or other suggestions. Poor babe. 
    Vitamin C - like Emergen-C - and prune juice were recommended by our pediatrician (the good one, not the one I was complaining about) and worked. 
  • I know some people stop using the infant seat/pumpkin seat early bc it is too heavy to lug the kid around in it. Couldn't you just keep it locked in the car and keep using it for a while longer til the baby sizes out? That way you don't have to buy a convertible so soon?
  • kvruns said:
    I know some people stop using the infant seat/pumpkin seat early bc it is too heavy to lug the kid around in it. Couldn't you just keep it locked in the car and keep using it for a while longer til the baby sizes out? That way you don't have to buy a convertible so soon?
    Absolutely. That's what we did with our first. 
  • kvruns said:
    I know some people stop using the infant seat/pumpkin seat early bc it is too heavy to lug the kid around in it. Couldn't you just keep it locked in the car and keep using it for a while longer til the baby sizes out? That way you don't have to buy a convertible so soon?
    Absolutely. That's what we did with our first. 
    Ok good I wanted to make sure I'm wasnt missing something obvious for why you shouldn't do it 
  • How long should I be continuing to take a prenatal? 
  • kristah2 said:
    How long should I be continuing to take a prenatal? 
    According to my OB, for as long as you're breastfeeding.
  •  How often do you change baby's clothes? (excluding blowout changes :p)
  • @hoosiermama sometimes only once in the morning and sometimes three different tops because he spits up on the or something. So far this morning we are one outfit number 2 already lol 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @hoosiermama I pretty much do what @anne11716 does.  I have a day outfit and a fleece nightgown. That's it unless there's a poopsplosion or throw up. 
  • jsmai said:
    @hoosiermama I pretty much do what @anne11716 does.  I have a day outfit and a fleece nightgown. That's it unless there's a poopsplosion or throw up. 
    Same here. Only no changes for minor spit up. 
  • One for at night and one during the day unless there's a major accident. Ditto to @SandNStarsNJ on minor spit up.  
  • I'm with everyone else.   She wears a gown at night,  and then one outfit during the day unless she has a blow out.   
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• I try to do an outfit during the day and a sleeper st night. This helps create a routine at night by getting into her Jammie's. However there are some times when she wears the same thing for a couple days. She doesn't really spit up or have blowouts much.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• hoosiermama-2hoosiermama-2 member
    edited January 2017
    @m6agua glad to hear it! I was starting to feel bad because she usually wears her jammies/outfit for at least a full day. We got lucky that little miss is pretty tidy :D
    Maybe I should start changing her more to start building a routine..
  • Hiccup cures? I know breastfeeding works but he can't keep relying on the boob. He's not yet two months and is up to 17lbs, which is kind of insane. 
  • @SandNStarsNJ will he take a pacifier? Sometimes that helps my son
  • @SandNStarsNJ We usually just wait them out. Do they last so long that's not an option? 

Also, holy cow 17lbs!! My pediatrician said at 15lbs M is the size of the average 6 month old. You are essentially feeding like an 8 month old right now! Imagine when he actually is an 8 month old....
  • So what happens is he works himself up. It culminates into a whirlwind of hiccups and then spits up/gets more upset. It's usually after a feeding but another feeding is all that cures it even though it's clearly unnecessary. 

He refuses pacifiers unfortunately, @leighry. And, yes, he is far too huge for a not quite 2 month old... we're not big people; I have no idea who's genetics are at play here. 
  • @SandNStarsNJ Lil Remedies gripe water has helped us. 
  • 17 lbs? Dang! I'm excited for our 2 month appt Thurs hoping he's at 10 lol
  • @kristah2 - my dr told me that she recommends that all women in child-bearing age take prenatals since a)they're just as good for you as a regular multi-vitamin and b)many pregnancies are unplanned so this way baby gets the benefit even if s/he wasn't expected. That said, I suck at actually taking them, I really should work on it.
  • Anyone have a stair gate they really like? The bottom of our stairs has bannister on both sides, instead of a wall on one. Hope it doesn't complicate things! 
  • Anyone use footless pajamas? Good? Bad? We always use feety pajamas and a swaddle but my DH found footless ones and that's what DS is now in. I ask, really, because I'm tired of changing him and DH will just get offended that I changed him because sometimes I have to do it with DD. 
  • Anyone use footless pajamas? Good? Bad? We always use feety pajamas and a swaddle but my DH found footless ones and that's what DS is now in. I ask, really, because I'm tired of changing him and DH will just get offended that I changed him because sometimes I have to do it with DD. 
    I've been considering footless PJs because my little guy is too long for some footed ones and it seems like he is uncomfortable when he stretches out in them so I thought footless would be better. Just not sure I want to spend the $$ on more
  • It's not the footless that concerns me but that he needs socks to stay warm and all our socks look like they're going to sever his feet off. I have a VERY round baby. 

@kvruns The back of carters should have loads of winter pajamas on sale if you're fortunate to be near one. 
  • @SandNStarsNJ m has footless pjs. I don't care for them because I find his little feet get cold but he has slept in them.  To be honest the next morning I didn't find his feet any more cold then they are when he sleeps in his footed pjs. 
    I really don't see an issue for the night especially if baby is swaddled. We don't even do that, his feet were just out and all was good! 
  • Anyone's LO throw up a few hours after 2 month vaccinations?
  • Anyone's LO throw up a few hours after 2 month vaccinations?
    Yes! She actually threw up for 3 days after. It was miserable!

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker