Baby Names
Options

Baby girl name HELP!

My husband is no help. We're having a girl and are torn between Isla, Elle, Gwendolyn and Remy. We've been over the pros and cons too many times! DS is Dean, and our last name is Italian and starts with an I. Which do you prefer?

****CHILD/BFP WARNING****

TTC since 2/11 - Unexplained IF B/W revealed high prolactin levels. Taking bromocriptine for prolactin.
IUI #1-3 = BFN
IVF #1 = Cancelled (undermedicated = small follicles)
IVF #2 = ER 12/6 - 6R/4M/Only 1F
Transfered our one and only blast (3AA) on 12/11 = BFP!

Trying for Baby #2

IVF#3 - 13 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized. All 7 got a fungus and arrested.

IVF#4 - February 2016 - 13 eggs retrieved. All arrested.

IVF#5 - June 2016 - 12 eggs retrieved. All arrested. Told I need a donor egg.

Changed REs.

IVF #6 - September 2016 - T-priming, HGH, Lupon flare. 31 eggs retrieved!!! 12 made it to blast! Transferred 2 blasts (5AA, 4AA).

Re: Baby girl name HELP!

• Options
    Is Remy short for Remington? My friends little girl is named that and it fits her pefectly. With Dean I like Isla alot or Remy!

• Options
    DS says baby sister is Isla, but he's 3! Just Remy not short for anything. 

****CHILD/BFP WARNING****

TTC since 2/11 - Unexplained IF B/W revealed high prolactin levels. Taking bromocriptine for prolactin.
    IUI #1-3 = BFN
    IVF #1 = Cancelled (undermedicated = small follicles)
    IVF #2 = ER 12/6 - 6R/4M/Only 1F
    Transfered our one and only blast (3AA) on 12/11 = BFP!

Trying for Baby #2

IVF#3 - 13 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized. All 7 got a fungus and arrested.

IVF#4 - February 2016 - 13 eggs retrieved. All arrested.

IVF#5 - June 2016 - 12 eggs retrieved. All arrested. Told I need a donor egg.

Changed REs.

IVF #6 - September 2016 - T-priming, HGH, Lupon flare. 31 eggs retrieved!!! 12 made it to blast! Transferred 2 blasts (5AA, 4AA).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Out of your choices, I would choose Gwendolyn.

Honest opinions on the others...

Remy: Sounds like a NN to me. You could give a Gwendolyn the NN "Gweny/Gwenie/Lynnie" which all have the same ring as "Remy," and will still give her the option to use the more mature Gwendolyn or Gwen in her adult life.

Elle: Nothing wrong with it, but when I see "Elle" I always intially read "Ella" or Ellie," which I think could cause a headache down the road. 

Isla: Just NMS. 

• Options
    Gwendolyn is a fantasy name and does not go with Dean in any way shape or form, and if you ever had another girl there isn't really any great options to lair it with. Hard pass. 

Elle or Isla. 
  • Options
    If your last name is Italian and starts with an I, then I assume it starts with an "ee " sound. If that's true, the flow of Remy might not sound good; and Elle could mush to become Ellie. Isla also seems complicated with all the vowel sounds, re: flow.

So my personal vote is Gwendolyn. Gwen and Dean sound good together, too, IMO.
  • Options
    Any but Remy. It's not a name that presents very classy and definitely not with something strong like Dean 

• Options
    Remy is horrible and reminds me of liquer or a gun neither i would want my daughter to be associated with

the other names are ok Gwendolyn being my favorite

• Options
    Elle or Isla.

Do you have a middle name yet? That will help to give you feedback with flow
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I would go with Gwendolyn. Remy is a French male name to me and Elle on its own is too nicknamey for me (I do like Eleanor with Elle as a nn). I like Isla but I would have to hear it with the whole last name that starts with an I. So, Gwendolyn! Dean and Gwen is cute.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Gwendolyn. 

There is only one Remy, and he is a pinnacle of masculinity! 

But seriously whenever I see Remy on a girl, I think the parents are either hicks who idolize (not respect, idolize) guns or the mom really,  really wanted to fuck Gambit. 

I mean. No judgment.  I'd fuck him. But I find it odd to name a child after some dude I wanted to bone.

• Options
    I like Remy. I don't have any of the above associations. It's my favorite of your names. I like Gwendolyn (really Gwen) but think it's a mouthful in comparison to Dean.!
  • Options
    Isla is our top right now- love it
  • Options
    Isla or Gwendolyn.

I'd save Remy for a little brother.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Also see Remy and think French male or a NN for Remington. Don't like the gun association at all.

Gwendolyn is very nice but if your son chose Isla I'd go with it - pretty name and that's adorable! 
  • Options
    I like Elle best with Dean, Isla would be second choice.

• Options
    Isla and Elle are my favorites. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I vote Isla or Gwendolyn!
  • Options
    Gwendolyn is my pick. Isla second.