May 2017 Moms
Options

NBR: retirement gift?

I'm sorry for the WAY off topic discussion, but I'd like to pick your brains: 

my MIL is retiring in 3 weeks. She's spent 22 years serving our city as a 911 operator. She is an amazing woman who selflessly gives constantly. I'd love to get her a nice gift. Any ideas? 

She's not one for "pampering" services (haircuts, massages, etc.) I was thinking maybe a nice purse? Like a Dooney? But idk. 

Re: NBR: retirement gift?

• Options
    Hmmmm does she have any hobbies that she will now have more time for? Like gardening or something? Maybe she'd enjoy a gift basket full of things that she'll be using more now for those hobbies

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hmmmm does she have any hobbies that she will now have more time for? Like gardening or something? Maybe she'd enjoy a gift basket full of things that she'll be using more now for those hobbies
    Double quote fail. 

She doesn't really have any hobbies. She's so busy with work and taking care of Grandpa (her dad). She lives with her parents now to help take care of him. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The purse is a lovely idea since she'll use it daily and it'll be something luxurious that she maybe wouldn't get herself. Those gifts people give that you'd never treat yourself to are the best!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The purse is a great idea if you have a good feel for her taste. I wouldn't trust anyone to get me a purse except H.

An iPad or Kindle since she will have more free time?
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    The purse is a great idea if you have a good feel for her taste. I wouldn't trust anyone to get me a purse except H.

An iPad or Kindle since she will have more free time?
    That's a good idea as well! She had a Kindle and it died. She doesn't have anything like it now
  • Options
    I've started gifting my parents things like hotels.com gift cards because there are places they always talk about wanting to go, but never do. They love it! I even went as far as to get them trolley tour passes to go along with it when they went to Savannah.  But that would be if you knew she would be able to get away for a couple nights. 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've started gifting my parents things like hotels.com gift cards because there are places they always talk about wanting to go, but never do. They love it! I even went as far as to get them trolley tour passes to go along with it when they went to Savannah.  But that would be if you knew she would be able to get away for a couple nights. 
    Probably not right now. As it is, Grandpa is in the hospital right now. We're taking a huge family vacation next fall, to celebrate. But she's footing the bill with money she gets from my FIL's retirement