May 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 12/27

How far along?

How big is baby?

Appointments this week?

Symptoms? 

Rants/Rave/Questions?

GTKY: What are your New Year resolutions?

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 12/27

• Loading the player...
  • @MrsFox2008 If you were a healthy eater pre pregnancy, don't worry, you're eating habits will revert back. I found that happened to me the first time around. I've done better with this pregnancy but I think it's because we literally switched to being pescatarian a month before our BFP and then vegetarian a month into the pregnancy. As long as you're still eating an overall well rounded diet, you & the baby are good. (Sorry, I beat myself up a lot the first time around and it was a waste of energy... hope you aren't doing the same.)

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @mrsfox2008 I need to get things started for this LO too! Hopefully I can be as productive as you next weekend!
    @mrsrep123 good luck at the anatomy scan tomorrow! It is amazing all you get to see!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MrsCPALeslieMrsCPALeslie member
    edited December 2016
    How far along? 19 weeks

How big is baby? Mango

Appointments this week? Nope. Anatomy scan next Wednesday.

Symptoms? Acid reflux, shortness of breath, and pregnancy brain big time.

Rants/Rave/Questions? None

GTKY: What are your New Year resolutions? Be on time to work and be a great mom of course. 
  • How far along? 20 weeks!! Halfway there!

How big is baby? Size of a banana.

Appointments this week? OB consult and follow-up ultrasound on Friday (see rant below)

Symptoms? Heartburn, feeling full quickly. The most annoying is towards the end of the day he feels really heavy, like I have weights in my stomach.

Rants/Rave/Questions? TLDR: cervix is really short, but could be worse. I'm kinda freaked out.

So we had a pretty eventful anatomy scan on Friday (It's a boy!). 

Everything was going really well. Little guy looked great, everything was normal, etc. When the tech goes to check my cervix I can see she's bothered by something. Then she asks to do an internal US which I'm OK with. She spends 10 mins taking pictures, excuses herself, and comes back with the radiologist. I can tell by his face something is wrong. He says that my cervix is way too short and there is evidence of funneling and I need to go immediately to the hospital.

I'm totally freaking out and spend the 30 min drive to the hospital on Dr Google (big mistake). The report says my cervix is only 20mm and I'm now convinced I'm either going to lose the baby or be on bed rest for the next 20 weeks. 

When I finally see the OB I'm feeling much better. Yes, it's only 2cm. Yes, there is funneling. But my cervix isn't soft, it's still fully closed, and I haven't been feeling contractions. I was given an rx for progesterone, and I have to go back to the hospital for weekly checkups and ultrasounds until they are either satisfied things are staying the same, or they start to get worse and we come up with a new plan. Pelvic rest, but no bed rest indictated for right now. I'm so relieved, but still really scared.

GTKY: What are your New Year resolutions? To get the baby's room cleared out so I can paint, and to finish tidying up the disaster my basement has become.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Hang in there @CherryBananas. Just take it easy until you get more answers.
  • @MrsCPALeslie thank you. I know in my head everything will be fine, but it's hard not to worry.
  • @lilylover27 thank you, we're super excited! Congrats on the boy! I was just going through some of my son's smaller sized clothes and his little socks are the cutest!

@CherryBananas I'm glad your OB gave you some much needed assurance and that no bed rest is necessary at this point! Good luck and keep us updated since this is a weekly post and your follow ups are weekly as well. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @cherrybananas so sorry you had such a scare! It's great that your OB isn't worried though at this point and no bed rest is needed. I hope things either stay the same or get better at your check ups!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @CherryBananas - How scary! Keeping you in my thoughts. 

How far along: 18 weeks

How big is baby: artichoke/croissant (mmm... croissant)

Appointments: Nothing until my anatomy scan on 1/12

Symptoms: Finally feeling some movements! On the subtle side, but there. Still hungry all the time. 

Rants/raves/questions: It was fun telling all my extended family about the pregnancy over xmas. Things are starting to feel real! But I'm still too anxious/superstitious to buy anything for the baby or announce it on FB till after the 20-week scan. 

GTKY: I'm with you, @MrsFox2008. I'd like to eat a bit cleaner now that I'm feeling better. I also want to try harder to introduce new foods to my son, who only eats like 5 things. 

• @mrsrep123 I did so good with my first pregnancy, I ate so healthy didn't even take a sip of soda. Now I'm just like oh enjoy yourself. But I really want to start getting back on track!! Hope you're right that things will go back as before   :)

@CherryBananas What a scare. Glad they are able to find a solution to help you out. FX that you won't need bed rest!! 

@SWE2 thanks I have more time on my hands to prepare for this LO so I'm taking advantage of my energy and getting it done. I really think my nesting has kicked in!! Also now I really want tacos   :D

@slowmo my daughter is the same way she only likes a hand full of foods we're working on getting her to eat more things! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Just had my anatomy scan. We don't have the official report yet but the tech was able to measure everything and didn't seem alarmed at all. FX still!  :D

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• I'm late to the party this week!

How far along? 20 weeks

How big is baby? Mango

Appointments this week? None for a few weeks

Symptoms? Extreme heartburn - I seriously suffer if I forget to take my pill

GTKY: What are your New Year resolutions? I'll call this a goal more than a resolution - I hope to participate in some sort of Turkey Trot fun run/5K next Thanksgiving. *fingers crossed*
  • @mrsrep123 glad to hear your scan went well!!
  • CClark2014CClark2014 member
    edited December 2016
    I'm always late by the time I have a chance to actually comment and reply, sorry :smile:

@MrsFox2008 Wow is right, a coconut seems huge from the not too far back blueberry.  So exciting!
    @mrsrep123  Good luck with your escrow!  I do the same thing of planning and decorating everything out in my mind way ahead of time. 
    @lilylover27 Do you find he "prefers" one side vs the other?  I feel like I feel more pressure, more often on the left side, but I'm not sure if its all baby. 
    @MrsCPALeslie and @SWE2 Anatomy scans sound like a great start to 2017.  We have ours Thursday and I can't wait for such a long ultrasound.  More time to see the babes :smile:
    @CherryBananas  Good luck tomorrow at your follow up appointment.  It sounds like your Dr is on top of things which is such a relief. 
    @emilyalso  The Turkey trots always sound like such a fun time, I need to figure out how to start cooking later/prep earlier so that we could participate in one. I'm not a runner and especially after the baby comes, that would be a good goal/deadline to work towards. 

How far along? 19 weeks

How big is baby? Mango

Appointments this week? Nope, AS next Thursday

Symptoms? Not really. 

Rants/Rave/Questions?  NBR, we adopted/rescued an 8mo old bulldog puppy.  The original owner kept him crated all day, and then was overwhelmed when he was too "wild".  Our older female is taking some time getting used to him, but oh my, I'm in love. He is such a sweetheart. 

GTKY: What are your New Year resolutions? Cliche, but healthy family, baby included.  I want DH and I to get out and bike or walk more often.  We go through spurts, but I want to make it more routine. 

ETA:   whoa huge picture.   Any tips for resizing it?  
    Married since 9/2014
    TTC since 7/2015
    BFP 12/24/2015 Miscarriage 3/4/2015 at 14 weeks
    Baby Girl BFP 9/10/2016 EDD 5/23/17  

• @CClark2014 ohh have fun at your AS on Thursday! Next week is going to be so much fun! Your puppy is so cute! My mom always wanted a bulldog. They are lazy and just chill on the couch with you but my grandpa, being a vet always told her no because of the possible health problems. I love them and hope to one day get my mom one when she retires. We have two fur babies now and my husband would be so upset if I brought another home. 
  • @CClark2014 Thanks. We are headed to our home inspection now. Your pup is super cute. MH wants to get our son a French Bulldog as we have two pitbulls right now. I'm a little on the fence about it because traveling has been so restrictive for us as we don't have family nearby and don't like to board them. I looooove animals and would love a small dog but the practical side of me is hesitating...

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @swe2 he is our 3rd bulldog and ours haven't had a lot of issues.   Our female had extra eyelashes that were irritating her eyes so we had those removed. she gets seasonal allergies, but one cortisone shot a year takes care of that.  I love their personalities and your right they are so content to snuggle on the couch with you. Simple backyard playtime is plenty of exercise for ours, so I don't feel bad when our lives get crazy busy too. 

@mrsrep123. Frenchies are so adorable! We weren't quite at the point of actively looking for another dog, but we couldn't say no to his face and situation.  Luckily my DH was on the same page with me.  
    Married since 9/2014
    TTC since 7/2015
    BFP 12/24/2015 Miscarriage 3/4/2015 at 14 weeks
    Baby Girl BFP 9/10/2016 EDD 5/23/17  

• I also posted this in randoms and questions thread but thought to put it here too... hope you all don't mind. 

Okay just got my results from my anatomy scan yesterday (by email)... and I'm freaking out just a little even though I replied to the OB to call me to discuss and she did within 10 minutes (super awesome btw). 

Minor finding: I have a bilobed placenta. Apparently it's a normal variant that has no affect on baby or pregnancy. It'll just look different when delivered. 

Freaking out finding: "An echogenic intracardiac focus was found. This is a tiny bright white spot. By itself, it does not mean anything and has no impact on the function or structure of the heart. The high risk OB doctors do not recommend anything or a follow up for it. It is not anything to worry about, but I like to let patients know." I did a quick google search while awaiting her call. Incidence of an EIF is about 30% in Asian mothers. I'm Asian. It's considered normal when other risk factors are ruled out. All of my bloodwork (NIPT and Quad markers) have come back negative. My OB calls and I ask her about getting a second ultrasound with more sensitive equipment. She explains it's unnecessary and it would still most likely be there. She said the techs follow protocols once a "soft" marker is found, i.e. this EIF. They will go back and check for other soft markers: bright white spots in the bowel (which is a worse finding) and abnormalities in the hands, feet and bridge of nose. The tech did not see any other soft markers. Then I asked if we could do a follow up scan in the third trimester to see if it has self resolved (another thing I read in my quick google search) and that was quickly shot down as my risk factors are low, insurance won't allow it, and evidence based practice shows it still wouldn't change pregnancy management. 

So after all of that, I should feel better but I'm still freaking out a bit. Of course I reassured MH that it's all considered normal... but looks like I still need some reassurance. 

Anyone here have any experience in this arena?

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17