August 2017 Moms
Options

I don't like progesterone pills

I took my first one last night and a few hours later I woke up with heartburn and diahrrea.  Are there more natural ways to get progesterone?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I don't like progesterone pills

• Options
    Yup. Your body can make it, you can try certain foods and spices, or you can take the pills. I wouldn't mess around if your doc told you that you need to take medication, but here is an article for you to read. Good luck and hope you feel better. https://www.livestrong.com/article/474541-what-can-you-naturally-do-for-low-progesterone/
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    Thank you - it's just a tad low at 9.5 and I guess it should be 10.  Wondering if a cream would be better?  I'll call my doctors nurse tomorrow.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm having the opposite. I can not use the washroom. So thirsty but morning sickness isn't so bad haven't actually thrown up just nauseous and last pregnancy I couldn't stop my self from throwing up all the time :) 
  • Options
    Talk to your Dr, there are also shots. But if you haveto or they only have pills, ask for a "bio identical" form! It's something you need a prescription for, but it's best for you and the baby!
  • Options
    There is a cream too!

i think a progesterone level of 10 is the very low end of acceptable for pregnancy so your doctor probably wants you at least in the mid to upper teens. I would definitely check on their options because it sounds like you could benefit from higher levels. I read up on this stuff a lot with my last pregnancy and there are a lot of other options and data out there. 
  • Options
    Thanks!  I let my doctors nurse know my symptoms and she is supposed to get back to me with hopefully a different option. That was insane and I'm finally feeling myself today.
  • Options
    There is a cream too!

i think a progesterone level of 10 is the very low end of acceptable for pregnancy so your doctor probably wants you at least in the mid to upper teens. I would definitely check on their options because it sounds like you could benefit from higher levels. I read up on this stuff a lot with my last pregnancy and there are a lot of other options and data out there. 
    My mom uses a cream . No crazy side effects. I'm desperate lol. The nurse said she thought there was a prescription cream but it could be costly. What about those creams at the vitamin shop? Hoping to hear back from nurse tomorrow.