Baby Names
Options

Roman & Royce

DS is Roman and we aren't ttc yet but since it takes us so long to find names we agree on we are starting already. If it's a girl we have already chosen Simone Angeline. It's the boy name that we are really struggling with.

I just found the name Royce. It peeked in the 1930s and is derived from Royse which is a variant of Rose. 

What do you think of Roman & Royce as a sibset? DH kind of likes it but won't fully commit. Any MN ideas?

Red (30) & DH (30) m. 08'

IVF #2  Roman Carter  8/3/16 (40+6)

5 frozen embryos 

Re: Roman & Royce

• Options
    I really like it! I love the name Royce but fiance said no cause he has an uncle Roy no one likes :( but I think those go really well together!!

• Options
    Oh good glad to hear!!! I hope I can get DH on board!

5 frozen embryos 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't mind it. I don't like it near as much as Roman and I personally prefer not repeating letters but, I do have an uncle Royce whose pretty awesome.

• Options
    Not repeating letters is one of my rules too! However we literally cannot find anything we love and this is the first name to come along that I love!

We'd like 3 kids and my biggest fear is that we'll have 3 boys and I'll want another R name if that is the case. 

5 frozen embryos 

• Options
    Royce is a nice name I'm just not huge on the repeating letters. 
  • Options
    I already commented on your other post about this, but I will reiterate that I don't love the repeating letters and it does make me think of Rolls Royce.  I think Roman and Pierce would be an awesome sibset.  Maybe your DH will come around to Pierce.  My DS2 is Pierce and we have yet to meet another one.  
  • Options
    Bryce has a similar sound. Not sure how well it goes with Roman though
  • Options
    In my opinion, while it's not a terrible name, I associate it with the car and I don't think it's on the same "level" as Roman.

Other suggestions for Roman and:

Miles
    Vincent
    Raphael
    August
    Dimitri
    Malcolm
  • Options
    It's a fine name, I just only think of the car, and it's nowhere near as good as Roman or Simone.  Though now that I'm typing those out, I'm afraid Roman and Simone might almost be too rhymey together?  I love them both though.  I like PP's suggestion of Pierce.  Or something else equally old school and underused...like Walter.
  • Options
    I know a Royce in his 50's, and he's a solid dude. Seems like a good, under-utilized but not made up name. Good Luck!
    The McC 3 - DH, (38) Me, (34) and DS (3)
    A.J.M. - Born 6/11/13 after 17 BFNs including 1 failed IUI.
    Maybe Baby #2 - Started TTC Feb 2015. Called it quits after 29 cycles. 
  • Options
    its ok but the car makes it non likable to me
  • Options
    It's just okay and definitely makes me think of the car. I think you can do much better. I like the Miles suggestion.