April 2017 Moms

2nd, 3rd, zillionth time moms, help a FTM out!

2»

Re: 2nd, 3rd, zillionth time moms, help a FTM out!

• @super_sam03 DH will come up with some idea like a new hairstyle for DS's hair. And I will say "nope. He's not your son. He's my son." HAHA!! I can be such a pain sometimes! He has two older boys that he can dress and give hair cuts to. Max and Samuel are ALL MINE!!!  :D:D:D:D:D:D:D But believe, when DS is being a PITA, he automatically becomes HIS son. 
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • super_sam03super_sam03 member
    edited December 2016
    @KirstinH88 I like the way you operate.  I think I'll definitely take a page out of your book when the boys arrive  :D:D:D>:)
    TTC Numero uno since 01/13
    Me 31, DH 32, Married 08/08
    02/13/15-HSG-All Clear
    07/25/15-50mg Clomid CD3-7+IUI #1 cd14-3 Follicles; SA 21Mill- BFN
    08/19/15-25mg Clomid CD3-7+IUI #2 cd15-just ovulated, SA 42Mill- BFN
    09/10/15-25mg Clomid CD3-7+IUI #3 cd14-2 Follicles; SA 45Mill- BFN
    01/26/16-IVF#1-Follistim 200IU CD2-CD9, Ganirelix CD6-CD10, hCG 5000IU CD10
    ER 02/05-20 Retrieved - 11 Matured, 9 Fertilized, ET 2/10 (1 Transferred, 4 Frz) - BFP 2/19, M/C-3/5-Trisomy 16
    05/03/16-Karyotyping-Good
    06/15/16-Endometrial Biopsy-Negative
    06/21/16-IVF #2-BCP CD3-23, Lupron 10IU CD18-CD2, 5IU-CD13, Gonal-F 225IU CD3-13, hCG 5000IU,
    ER 07/14-14 Retrieved,11 Matured, 10 Fertilized, ET 07/19 (2 Transferred, 6 Frz), BFP 7/28, 8/16 U/S-TWINS! 
    Due Date - April 6, 2017  UPDATED March 23, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @cafedisco yes we found a pediatrician we like after DS went to his 4 month appointment and the doctor was still rude and condescending about his weight gain. Me: We rented a scale and figured out he wasn't getting enough so we now supplement x ounces or until he's full and feed on demand" Doc: "He's still not weighing what I want him to in spite of gaining x amount in this time period. You need to get his weight up". Pray tell how do you want me to get more milk in a full baby?! I just told you I was feeding him everything he'd take!

We like Dr. Collins at McAuley Peds and hope she's good with a newborn too, but she was night and day with the other doctor and was able to see a healthy baby and not a number on a chart.
  • @Beckyf321 and it may look like a scene from a horror movie..
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • @twistsandturnsto2 how soon before birth did you start taking the Colace? I obviously don't want to have a gross incident happen during delivery if I can avoid it, but after reading all these, I'm slightly nervous for the after labor poop now and would rather have a delivery incident than an suppository every 6 hours like @snarkasaurusRex said
  • @Taylor72 I honestly don't remember, but know I took it regularly throughout my first pregnancy. I was scheduled to go in to be induced, so I'm sure I just took some the day or 2 before. (I ended up going into labor on my own the night before induction).  I had previous surgeries and egg retreivals for IVF and knew the pain meds always backed me up and I wasn't taking taking any chances. 

Even if you just make sure to pack some in your hospital bag and take it with the meds they give you PP, it will help!
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I 100% agree with the granny panties for after delivery. I had a C-section, so it was nice that it never irritated the incision. They weren't attractive, but they saved my underwear from being ruined lol. 

--I didn't know how hard and emotional breastfeeding would be. I knew that some women couldn't or struggled in the beginning, but to say that I was devastated when we finally decided I just wasn't producing enough with DS is an understatement. Plus with the hormone crash, it made it that much harder. I gave him what I could though and I feel happy about that. I learned a lot though and what I needed for support, so I'm going to try again this time. But also, feeding baby is best no matter what you decide and don't let people get in your head about whichever way you choose to feed yours. You know what works for you and your LO.

--having people come over to help clean is important. My mom would come over to see DS and immediately would wash the dishes and do some light cleaning. She would always tell me to go to bed, but honestly I craved being around an adult (DH was back at work at this point, he barely got a week off to be with us), which I think was very important too. 

--I agree that if you're someone who likes their space, don't have people stay over. Have them stop by here and there, and if they're out of town have them stay in a hotel. It's hard to figure out things with people there 24/7, at least this is how i felt. My dad refused to stay in a hotel (we rented from my grandma, and this was his arrangement with her when he was in town), and it was miserable for everyone. My inlaws, thankfully, would stay at a hotel when they visited. Setting boundaries early is definitely important. I know feelings may change when you have the baby, but don't be afraid to say I need some space and don't feel comfortable with someone spending the night for whatever length of time--or vice versa. The first few days/weeks are so precious and go by so fast, spend it how you want to with your baby. 

--meal prep/frozen meals for when baby arrives. I did a terrible job of taking care of myself when DS was born bc I was so focused on him and so tired I would just grab the first thing I saw and then go sleep. I seriously under estimated how valuable doing this could be. This time around, even though DH's new job has better and more set hours, I will FOR SURE be planning crockpot/frozen meals

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS--N14
    Baby #2 EDD--4/16/17