December 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday 12.14

Re: WTF Wednesday 12.14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @slartybartfast ugh that does not sound comfortable... sending you some labor vibes 
  • Options
    I have two at the moment. I may have more as the day progresses. 

First WTF Dh, you are 2.5 hours away a week before my due date and when we talked last night you did not tell me that your phone wasn't charging. So when I call you later and it's off 39 week prego lady freaks out. Not cool.

My second goes to my step sister. She is so immersed in a relationship with a guy who doesn't even like kids that's she's pretty much ignoring her own kid. Poor kid already doesn't have his dad in his life and now she's pulling this. He wants to live with my step mom and my Dad. She can't even get past her own selfishness to see what she is doing to her child. It breaks my heart. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My husband slept through my academy award winning worthy vomit performance last night. Exorcism style started around 8:00 pm and went through 4:00 am. He did not once hear me. As if being 39 weeks pregnant is not miserable enough, add first laxative induced BMs starting at noon and then vomiting through 4 the next morning. Because I am able to produce urine, I do not need to go to L&D according to my OB, but goodness, I am exhausted and thirsty. But if I drink more than a sip every 5 minutes, I am rushing to the bathroom again. So here I am at work with my arsenal of liquids to sip on through a few hours until I feel like I've thoroughly finished yelling at our phone company for messing things up and then I will go home and sleep.
  • Options
    My goodness I am so damn crabby this week!
    WTF to my anxiety - I usually don't have a problem talking myself out of anxious feelings, but this week is something else.  My due date was Monday and I've not had many, if any, labor signs.  DH travels for work and is planning on being gone his normal Wednesday morning - Friday night. This makes me nervous since we're are officially overdue. My mother & sister both had quick labors & I just keep thinking of how devastated both of us would be if it all of the sudden happens and he can't make it back in time. I talked to him about possibly taking Friday off so he'll never be more than 5 hours away (he's 8 away from Thus-Fri), but he wants to wait and see how my weekly appointment goes and if doc thinks I'll go soon. He's self-employed in the auction business and does not have any contracts, so his job is never guaranteed. He knows he'll take next week off (induction if necessary), so he's weary of taking Friday off if we don't go in. 
    And here's the beginning of many more worries to come, I'm sure. 
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @yellingbanana I think some voodoo is in order for all of us overdue and about to be induced. 

WTF to being indefinitely overdue and missing out on any family help. I'm 8 days overdue and counting. My parents set up shop here in a hotel for a few weeks to help us with a newborn - they live across the country- and their month is up this week, so looks like they won't even meet their grandchild until they can come back in 4 months. So shitty. DH and I have no family here since they all moved away a few years ago. My sister also told me she'd drive up a few hours for the birth and now she's having issues with transportation. 

Also WTF to the NST yesterday that took 2 hours instead of 30 mins and the nurse who asked me extremely personal questions involving abuse and STDs in front of people during admission...um, I'm pretty sure there's a written form for that, dipshit. Not to mention state violations all over the place.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @SaraRose83 I feel you on the overdueness...but don't have the family situation to deal with on top of it. That has to be so disappointing that it hasn't worked out yet. But it still could! Hugs and sending labor vibes your way.

My WTF has to do with being overdue. I am scheduled to induce tomorrow and am having super weird cramps and awkwardness in the pelvic region. I am walking and cleaning and repacking bags and doing squats every 10 minutes and rolling on this damn ball when I am sitting...I only have today and tomorrow before 4 to go into labor on my own and WTF body to getting my hopes up a little and then nothing happens!
  • Options
    @SmashJam Thank you!!  <3 Labor vibes your way, too! I hope it happens for you today! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wtf to my cats!  They aren't exactly acting out, just being their a-hole selves.  In the past 24 hours they've knocked over a case of flowers and puked on the new glider and our couch.  

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    sourlemon said:
    My WTF isn't a big deal at all...but my Dr clears c section patients to RUN at 2 weeks. Ab workouts at 4 weeks. Holy moly! 

Meanwhile I still can't fit into my shoes haha.
    Whaaa?!? At my 2wk follow-up yesterday I was given a hard 6 week mark. Only walking until then
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My wtf is I'm overdue now officially too and have been having signs for the past two weeks. All day yesterday I felt horrible, then DH comes home from work and we go lay across the bed and talk about his day for a while and I had my head on his lap and then start getting really horrible shooting pains up my stomach that wrap around my back and halfway up it. I start getting cold chills, lost my appetite, not to mention the headache ive had on and off for over 4 days now and different/easier bm and pressure in my lady parts that felt like the baby was just gonna fall out and pressure on my butt. I thought maybe last night would have been the night. Hopefully today though because DH has to go to court tomorrow because of the motorcycle we bought and told them we had a baby on the way and too many bikers going down these days and we just don't want to ride with that so we told them to come get it and they never did so he stopped paying for it and now they're trying to take him to court for not paying after we said come get it over six months ago. 
  • Options
    sourlemon said:
    My WTF isn't a big deal at all...but my Dr clears c section patients to RUN at 2 weeks. Ab workouts at 4 weeks. Holy moly! 

Whaaa?!? At my 2wk follow-up yesterday I was given a hard 6 week mark. Only walking until then
    Yeah he's crazy. At the hospital he said I can immediately start walking up to 3 miles a day...as of that afternoon! I'm just hoping to fit into my shoes at 2w pp! Then start walking. It'll probably be closer to 6 weeks before I attempt to run. 

My last c section I had a strict 8 week wait for anything more than walking. Different doctors I guess have different opinions! But 2w is crazy! 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    Beat boxing seems to do the trick!!!  

Anyone have any tried and true true tips for nipple pain?  Diflucan, Lotramin AF and Apple cider vinegar have all failed.  I can't use anything that hydrates because the yeast will thrive. HELP... this is my WTF, for 3 weeks running.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    My wtf is my boss doesn't seem to grasp tomorrow is my last day. There is no plan. My poor counterpart is about to lose her mind. We had a 2 hour meeting today where I explained to him after tomorrow I'm gone until January 9th. I still don't think he gets it. 

Also WTF body. All these contractions, all these cervix ripping in two pains and I still haven't gone into labor!? I swear when I go in tomorrow I had better be dilated more than 3cm. 
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    DiFazette said:

Anyone have any tried and true true tips for nipple pain?  Diflucan, Lotramin AF and Apple cider vinegar have all failed.  I can't use anything that hydrates because the yeast will thrive. HELP... this is my WTF, for 3 weeks running.  
    The only thing that helped mine is coconut oil. Started using it when this whole mastitis thing started up and they're now completely healed. I continue to apply prior to each pumping session
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's snowing, so DH took the AWD car...the car with the car seats. So I'm stuck at home. Oh and it's my birthday,  but I'm stuck at home and can't go anywhere. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DiFazette said:

APNO?
  • Options
    sourlemon said:
    sourlemon said:

Yeah he's crazy. At the hospital he said I can immediately start walking up to 3 miles a day...as of that afternoon! I'm just hoping to fit into my shoes at 2w pp! Then start walking. It'll probably be closer to 6 weeks before I attempt to run. 

My last c section I had a strict 8 week wait for anything more than walking. Different doctors I guess have different opinions! But 2w is crazy! 
    With L, 1st/only CS, I was cleared to drive myself home, and start working out/running as soon as I felt comfy with it.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    I'm adding to the overdue WTF group.  Granted, I am only overdue 1 day, but I am not feeling anything.  No contractions, no pain, no back pain, barely any pressure in my pelvis, and it comes and goes.  My baby is still bouncing around in my uterus having the time of her life.  My OB already scheduled an induction for the 20th.  I've tried walking around, but nada.  I'm considering trying spicy foods, but since they generally tear up my stomach, I'm not looking forward to that.  I even researched if riding around in a bouncy car would help.  Anyone have any ideas?  Not giving birth and having no labor symptoms is really making me grumpy.
  • Options
    @caffeinenut I would give you a list of all the things I'm trying but none of them are working apparently. Time to break out the breast pump. Total last resort. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's not Wednesday anymore but my wtf goes to my younger sister that has been harassing me for days now. She calls everyday at least 6 times a day and then she started bothering DH today and I just really wish she would stop. I feel like a walking trash can at this point and she is not helping keep the stress to a minimum. 
  • Options
    Not Wednesday, but...WTF Social Security Administration, can you not read? LO's SSN card came today and his name is misspelled. You know what I DON'T want to do when I'm less than 2 weeks postpartum? Deal with the f*ing Social Security Administration.
  • Options
    Ugh @gowenc that sucks. We got the social security card and birth certificate okay, but her name is spelled wrong on the insurance card. 

Hopefully you don't have too much trouble getting it fixed.
  • Options
    @gowenc FI's last name was misspelled on his SS card until just a few years ago. Don't stress too much about. Take care of you. SS can wait. Maybe not 20-some years...but you get the point.