TTC after 35

TWW: Dec 12 - 18

Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month! 

If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you! Good luck!

Re: TWW: Dec 12 - 18

• Okay so I'll start...since I didn't use OPK this month due to all our illness during FW, I'll estimate I'm 14DPO. I had a tiny bit of dark, not red, spotting yesterday and some AF-like cramping, but so far today, no more spotting which is kind of abnormal for me, but I usually get AF at 16-17DPO so kind of just hanging in for that which I have come to expect. I knew it was a longshot anyhow with only one BD on CD15. Hey at least i can have wine at Christmas! And New Years!
  • I'm WTO - but just wanted to share that my CD 3 blood work came back great.  HSG and DH's SA are tomorrow.  I'm hoping the HSG is no biggie.  I've had a c section so it can't be that bad.

@Momifbysea  I'm popping open our champagne that I never have opened on New years.  Very expensive brand I got from a friend.  Dom Parignon?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies, I'm just hanging in there still. 
    16dpo
    I cannot bring myself to test just yet. I really thought AF was coming on this morning and then nothing, so I guess we'll see. 
    I'll give it another day or two.

(TW)
    The last time I was late like this it ended up being a chemical and I guess I'm just afraid to test.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @thistle8677 good luck! I hate testing too so that's why I never do it. Waiting on my HSG right now and I did take a test at home this morning just to confirm since it's an invasive test. 
  • @Momifbysea hope AF stays away. I barely had any spotting this cycle which gave me hope unfortunately.  Then I realized I didn't stress over TTC in November so my cycle is going back to what it use to be. Last few months I've spotted 5 days prior to AF which I never use to do. Amazing what stress can do to the body.  Now I'm back to a 3 day flow followed by a few days of spotting. 
  • @vlagrl29 thinking of you today and hope it goes smoothly! Enjoy the bubbly! @thistle8677 hang in there, we are at a similar point. I'm kind of just expecting AF at this point.
    thistle8677
  • HSG was easy and the dr told me all looked good and my tubes are clear! Should know dhs sperm results by Friday. 
    Momifbyseathistle8677
  • Good luck @Momifbysea, I've got everything crossed for you. 
    And GREAT news @vlagrl29 :)

I'm hesitant to write this because I'm still just trying to play it cool, but 17dpo today, I feel super hungover and vomited just about half an hour ago. My head is pounding and the waves of nausea are strong. 
    So I think today is the day I'm going to test. 
    I just got over 9 days of diarrhea with extreme fatigue and chalked it up being a virus. So I'm ya know, open to the possibility that I've got a new virus that is literally torturing me.

I want to get so excited but I'm so nervous. 
    This is surreal right now for me. 
  • uh - @thistle8677 you need to test stat!  Let us know asap of course!  FX this is the one and you aren't just sick.

thistle8677
  • I just wanted to add that I felt like I was dying when I was pregnant with DD that first month if that helps - so hung over and puky. oh and hungry.  If you ever have that insatiable hunger that was a huge sign for me.
    thistle8677
  • @thistle8677 fx for you! I know you've been down this road so many times, so I can understand your hesitation to test. I'll play devils advocate here and say that maybe it's better to just not know for now? No pressure to stress then? 

@Momifbysea hang in there! It's over a year later and I STILL get my hopes up every stinking month, even if I have all the usual "AF is coming" signs. I've come to think it's a good thing though, so I'll think hopeful thoughts for you too :)

@vlagrl29 glad your HSG went well! Mine was SO painful, glad your experience was drama free :)

AFM - I'm 12dpo. Had bright red when I wiped last night, which I also had 2 days before AF last month. My pre AF spotting has always been brown, so this is new and irritating (along with crazy sore boobs, which sucks). I fully expect AF tonight or tomorrow, just waiting for it at this point. RE appt on Thursday after work though! Can't wait to finally have an IVF plan and maybe figure out why some months I have such wacko symptoms and others no symptoms at all. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    thistle8677
  • @PoeMasque - I'm glad  you are almost to an IVF plan.  Question for you - did you do all the same testing i did with blood work, HSG, SA and did it all come out ok for you guys.  I see you did IUI in Sept - did you basically wait for a year of TTC until you went that route?  I was thinking if everything turns out ok with all of our tests and they don't find anything negative then I want to wait until the year mark until we go with more invasive stuff because I'd want to give us a good chance before spending more money.  June 2017 will be our year mark.  If a BFP doesn't happen by then I will probably give up and get a puppy.  Already gave DH a fair warning about that :)
  • @PoeMasque sorry it looks like AF is starting. 
    I'm excited your appt is so close! :)
    Momifbysea
  • Tiny bit of spotting today but only when using bathroom sorry for tmi...otherwise nothing yet but I think I could still be due Wednesday or Thursday. DH suggested I test in morning but I can't handle it. I'd rather sit here with my hope for a day or so I suppose.
    vlagrl29
  • just realizing you guys have long DPOs before AF starts.  Maybe you have longer cycles than me.  AF almost always starts DPO 11 or 12 for me.  Spotting a few days prior.  I have 30-31 day cycles.
  • @vlagrl29 my luteal phase is never longer than 12 days and never shorter than 11 (AF always comes on day 12 or 13). we are only a day different :)

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    vlagrl29
  • @vlagrl29 yes I do have a long luteal phase. AF has come consistently 16 or 17DPO but my RE says that's fine. I have 28-31 day cycles so am pretty regular.
  • @vlagrl29 yes I do have a long luteal phase. AF has come consistently 16 or 17DPO but my RE says that's fine. I have 28-31 day cycles so am pretty regular.
    so do you O early?  I usually O CD 14 or 15 except that 1 month I was super busy and stressed.  That month I O'd on CD 19.
  • @vlagrl29 since I've been using OPK I've Od between CD10 and CD14. Usually 12 or 13...so a tad shorter front end than most but RE says still within normal range. He wasn't worried.
  • I was just curious @Momifbysea  hearing people say they are more than 12 DPO makes me think mine is too short!  Can't wait to get that progesterone test on CD21.
  • MomifbyseaMomifbysea member
    edited December 2016
    @vlagrl29 I read that the "normal" range is 12-16 days. Meanwhile, still only very light spotting and only when I use bathroom, hardly any on liner. I do feel cramps so probably expecting AF as I doubt I'd feel cramps like a period otherwise. I may just test tomorrow morning as the curiosity is getting to me. I've officially hit crazy internet searching mode LOL!

* edited to add update on me...sorry if I'm posting too frequently...
  • well thats good to hear but the fact I spot earlier than DPO 12 makes me nervous.  Last month I spotted lightly and then it stopped then started again - it drives me nuts!!!  Good luck testing tomorrow.  i've just decided that i'll probably feel like i'm dying again when I get pregnant so why wonder. lol
  • I'm out. AF came at 3am. I had one day of bright red when I wiped once at 11dpo, nothing on 12dpo, then AF on what would have been 13dpo. My pre-AF spotting is usually brown and mixed with lots of CM, so I have no idea what's happening to my body these last two cycles. Ugh. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm sorry @PoeMasque

I just heard back from the doctor about DHs sperm test and it came out fine as well.  I asked what they do if all tests come back fine.  OB would want to start me on clomid.  Not sure how I feel about that.  Anyone have experience that?
    thistle8677
  • @PoeMasque I'm sorry to hear that but onward with your plan! I will continue T&P for you.

@vlagrl29 that's great about your tests. I have not taken any meds yet since DH still has to do his test. He may go tomorrow, FX.

I just broke down and took a test. Biggest BFN possible. A little spotting brownish pink so guess I'm just wacky this month. Would have been a nice Christmas present! Onward I go. @thistle8677 I think my news is a little easier to handle this month because of the hope you've given me with your BFP. So a sincere thank you for that bright light!
    vlagrl29PoeMasque
  • My IVF consult was canceled due to an ice storm that still has trees all around us cracking and dropping huge branches. If they make us wait another month to get in I will lose my shizzle :(

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque seriously?!? Boo for ice! I'm tired of single digit weather days. Hope it still goes through for you.
  • @PoeMasque sorry about the ice and hoping it doesn't take another month to get you in.  That would be frustrating

@Momifbysea sorry about your bfn but glad you are taking it well and FX your DH gets his sperm in a cup :)  Its not that bad.  DH thought they could have used more than 3 magazines.  He said they had no lotion or lube.  Guess they really want a clean sample.

As for my thoughts on clomid I will probably wait until its been a year to take it or at least a few more months.  I'm interested more in how my progesterone comes back and correcting my pre AF spotting before I go down that road.

Momifbysea
  • @PoeMasque NO!!!!! This ice is ridiculous. Fingers crossed you get in within the next week. Hang in there, you're getting closer. Truly, you are. You've been an amazing cheerful support on these boards and nobody wants to be here for long, but I am sending you all the most positive vibes. Xo

@Momifbysea I was really hoping this was your month. Are you for sure out???

@vlagrl29 that's awesome news about your man's SA!
    I did a clomid challenge and released two eggs that cycle. The month we did IUI I took Letrozole, and also released two eggs that cycle. I would ask your dr about either medications, and how one may be preferred over the other. Letrozole (Femara) was recommended by the RE we were seeing at the time. There seems to be a concern with being limited as to how many cycles you can take clomid. 
    I'm not a dr so I can't really lend much more than that.
    I will say that I was extremely weepy on clomid, while letrozole was kind of physically uncomfortable. I felt like I was definitely gonna O and it wasn't pleasant. 

PoeMasque
  • I would almost rather wait until we have to see an re to go that route. I'm just mainly nervous taking that stuff when all my tests come back fine.
  • @thistle8677 yep I am most definitely out. No question now. 

Our RE prescribed Femara as an option for me now if I wanted it, left it up to me and I haven't yet by all my tests were fine. Waiting for DH now. But when (I'm assuming) we move to IUI I'll take it. I'm not sure how insurance works but thinking we may have to do 6 IUI cycles before moving to IVF in order to have it covered? And in my head I'm thinking ok I can only use my own eggs until I turn 43 which is in September and counting backward...stressful.
  • sorry you're stressed about that @Momifbysea - how long total have you guys been trying not counting any months you took  off?  I would hold off on the Femara until your DH gets sperm count as well.  That's a lot of IUI cycles.  We just started BD last night and I'm hoping for EOD thru CD 20….currently CD 11.
  • They got me in Monday! Even though we haven't even been in yet, the office has been super nice and had amazing follow through, so I'm feeling really positive :)

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
    vlagrl29thistle8677amberruka
  • @vlagrl29 we've been trying 9 months over the last 13 months. It's just that impending birthday when I can no longer use my eggs that's freaking me out. To borrow from @PoeMasque, I'm gonna lose my shizzle today because we postponed our trip today to have a day of downtime. Semester ended for DH yesterday so he's home all day. I have brought up the SA a couple of times and nothing. Seriously WHAT is the big deal? It's the one thing I can't do in this whole RE process. I can be poked and prodded and he can't do this?!? Sorry just venting.
  • I'm sorry @Momifbysea the SA is not a big deal.  You get results in 2 days.  Maybe you have to have a seriously talk with him or just go ahead and make the appt for him and tell him to be there.

I started OPKs today on CD 12 mainly for my progesterone test - they say it has to be 7 days after a positive and today was my first day peeing on it and to my surprise I got a smile face.  Wow I've never ovulated this early not sure why.  I took a break from it last month and the previous months it was on CD 14, 15 and 19.  Hopefully I will have a longer LP this time or AF will come earlier I guess.  Either way BD is on tonight!  
  • wondering if maybe the HSG caused me to ovulate early?
  • @PoeMasque can't wait for your update on Monday!

@Momifbysea it was really hard for my fiancé to be comfortable with the idea of an SA. We were able to kind of incorporate it into foreplay at home instead of being at the clinic. I mean, it's a weird thing...I don't know. Maybe that's an option for you guys?

@vlagrl29 over the past 2.5 years of doing monthly opk's, I discovered that my O schedule can be "normal" cd14 and then every once in a while a month or two I'll O early...cd10 was my earliest ever. 
    This successful cycle I O'd on Cd11. 
    I just think as we age, things start to become a little less predictable. I'm glad you're getting in your window this month. Fingers and toes crossed for you xo
  • @thistle8677 thanks for that idea, will try it! We are traveling for two weeks, but after that.
    thistle8677
  • @Momifbysea I'm sorry he is still dragging his feet on the SA :( strangely, it seems like a pretty common complaint on here. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Momifbysea
  • Good to know I'm not alone on this, thanks @PoeMasque