July 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC

It's Friday! Time for (not really) Flame Free Confessions!

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have eaten macaroni and cheese for lunch every day this week. It's the only food that sounds remotely tolerable. It's perhaps no surprise that I gained 15lbs during the first trimester last pregnancy. Ugh, I have no self control.  :/
  • Options
    @kat0607 no judgement here! I ignore emails from my athletic director, he's kind of an air head and usually sends emails about mandatory meetings 30 minutes before the actual meeting so I just pretend I never get them until after the fact. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Options
    LarkSparkleLarkSparkle member
    edited December 2016
    I sometimes think something is very wrong with me, because I don't really like socializing or making friends. I usually have just a few close friends at a time, and it's hard for me to get to the point with people where I feel like we have meaningful things to talk about. It doesn't help that in the UK people are much more reserved.

DH is much more social and charming than I am, and he really sees the importance of scheduling regular brunches, dinners and outings with people. I appreciate that he does this, because I think sometimes without him staying on top of it, I'd forget to interact with other humans at all. 

I'm looking forward to the fact that when you're a new mom in this country, your local council makes you take classes and you're basically "assigned" a group of friends. Plus with a baby, at least there's a mutual point of discussion.
  • Options
    @LarkSparkle you're not alone!! I am extremely introverted and I hate socializing, but my DH is an extrovert and loves to be around people. I've also found it hard to meet people and sustain new friendships but I've also been looking forward to meeting new moms and hopefully forming a friendship with more women who are in the same phase of life that I am. 
  • Options
    FFFC: seriously considering just letting my 15 month old watch some YouTube videos on tv while I zonk out for a half hour. Sooooo tired. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    Maya the bee was on Netflix loop yesterday when I came home from work in the AM and had to watch DD all day. She also fell off the coffee table on my watch (because I'm neglectful and let her jump on it...I've got bigger battles to fight). 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 Maya the Bee! How nostalgic! 
    I always have accidents with DD. She was getting off the sofa and I want her to learn safe ways on her own but she lost balance and fell head straight down to the rug. I feel like I am the worst. She always hurts herself on my watch. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @JAM85 hunger games salute to you! Potty training is all about survival. She'll eat better next week, when she's no longer wearing diapers. My son drank juice and ate candy and salty food for a good week while potty training 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Options
    I guess my FFFC is that I'm in no rush to potty train DS2.  He's showing interest, and we're going at his pace, but I feel no need to try methods or reward systems to accelerate the process.  DS1 was 3.5 when he was finally ready, and when he was it just clicked overnight and he was 100% ok both day and night.  (Though I'd be ok if he trained for #2).  Car trips are easier with pull-ups than with a newly potty trained kid, and I'm too tired.  

We didn't intend to wait so long with DS1, but DS2 was in the NICU and we knew we'd be moving overseas a few months later, so we didn't want to force PTing only to have him regress with all of the changes.  If DS2 shows initiative in the next few months we'll go with it; otherwise we'll end up being in the same situation with a new baby and overseas move to set things back.  I'd rather just go through it once. 
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Xath. I am also waiting to potty train. I feel like you always hear about those people who train early (under 2) but never stories about those who wait, which in guessing is the majority. 

@virginiaunicorn11 I'm totally with you on not protecting them from bumps and bruises. My family thinks ds is so brave and fearless but really it's bc he knows when he's with them if he falls he won't get hurt. 
  • Options
    @LarkSparkle HAHA! I couldn't have said it better myself :lol:
  • Options
    My confession: I avoid the TW goodbye posts and do not read them anymore and cannot lend support because I am fully expecting the same thing and with two more days to go till my first u/s, the anxiety is sky high and I'm googling images of fetal poles so I know what to look for at the appt
  • Options
    @satsumasandlemons, I completely sympathize with you. Sometimes, for our own mental sanity, it's necessary to take a step back. I've been struggling with this fear too, and it sounds like our ultrasounds are the same day (Monday, yes?). Sometimes, as much as you want to lend support to others, you have to guard your own heart to keep your anxiety in check. They call them trigger warnings for a reason, and if the posts are triggering your anxiety, then they are effectively triggering you - I wouldn't feel badly about this. I'm sure everyone can understand where you're coming from.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @satsumasandlemons I have to admit those threads bring very bad memories back for me. And they definitely trigger my anxiety and make me doubt my pregnancy (no ultrasound for me until the 28th and, even though I have no reason to really, I feel like I'm in limbo). I've been reading and responding though occasionally. It's hard. Good luck for your ultrasound--you too @ktewart
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    Yep @ktewart Monday am - good luck, wishing for the best for both of us and can't wait to hear how yours goes, too.
    @yellow1daisy limbo is a good way to put it - hope with the holidays in full swing it will pass by quickly! 
  • Options
    Everytime I see bad grammar/spelling I want to correct it. I know mine isn't perfect, but when it can't be read I want to flame. Most of time I don't unless it's ridiculous.
  • Options
    @virginiaunicorn11 you do this too? I choose not to be a helicopter mom and make it a point to let him fall and figure things out on his own. My husband is the opposite, and we were apart for a few months while he finished the house and got it ready to sell. When he saw Carson again, he was trying to catch him and helicoptered everywhere lol. I want him to be independent. And how else is he going to learn why I tell him "no" unless he falls a few times? I refuse to spank/swat unless absolutely necessary. Id rather let him learn on his own, well to a certain extent.
  • Options
    An UO I just realized today (after hosting my sons 8th birthday party), I hate birthday party favors and think they're such a waste. Hate them, hate all the needless crap my kids get in one of those favor bags when they go to others parties, and hate making them for our parties because it's just such a waste. Nothing good is ever in them, just plastic junk or candy that I won't let my kids eat. I'm sort of glad I forgot to do them this time....though I did just honestly completely forget. Maybe pregnancy brain is good for something sometimes? :)

• Options
    Oops, I posted in the wrong thread. Ugh, functioning today has been hard! 
  • Options
    We have been looking at switching car insurance and last night I called our current company and I got so annoyed (for no good reason) that I completely lost it on the poor representative that I was talking to. Like I went 100% crazy lady on her. Looking back I realized I was WAY overreacting and probably should have just hung up before I lost it. When I did hang up I burst into tears because I immediately felt bad for how I acted and there's no way for me to apologize to that lady :(
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @supermom83 I'm right there with you.  We give out helium balloons at my kids' parties as the favor because they don't take up much space and they're temporary.  

The only good thing about the tiny crappy favors is that they're really good for Geocaching.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Last pregnancy, I avoided my (97 year old) Grandma's homemade lox. I'm visiting her this week, and covered a bagel in the stuff within my first hour of arriving. 
  • Options
    I went to my first prenatal yoga class, whichever I've heard is supposed to be amazing...and absolutely hated it.  Hated it.  And I like normal yoga!  I couldn't wait to get out of there.  The messages just didn't resonate with me.  

But since its its the only class I can go to with my work schedule, I'll probably be back next week.  Hating every minute from the back corner of the room.
  • Options
    I ate the largest sushi and sashimi platter for one that the restaurant offered on Saturday. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    Everytime I see bad grammar/spelling I want to correct it. I know mine isn't perfect, but when it can't be read I want to flame. Most of time I don't unless it's ridiculous.
    Thank you for spelling ridiculous correctly! If I see one more post with 'rediculous' I'm going lose it.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    Kmomof3 said:
    I've been using the Ovia app to track pregnancy . . . and some of the questions ladies post there are just so bad. The writing, the grammar, the ridiculous questions. I know I'm older and a third time mom, but really? Do they not have Google?? Google doesn't judge, but I do.
    Hahahaha! I love this! 

Me: 33 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    DD born 7.27.17

• Options
    Thank you for spelling ridiculous correctly! If I see one more post with 'rediculous' I'm going lose it.
    Posts on this BMB?! LOL Maybe my brain just skipped over it so my eyes wouldn't bleed? 
  • Options
    LoveLee85 said:
    Posts on this BMB?! LOL Maybe my brain just skipped over it so my eyes wouldn't bleed? 
    Lol I must have missed those, too!