April 2017 Moms
Options

Maternity swimsuit

This seems like the wrong time of year to be asking, but my family is going to Hawaii in a month and I just tried on my regular swimsuit- not gonna work! Has anyone noticed a maternity store/section of a chain store that has maternity swimsuits out in the winter? I'd like to be able to try it on instead of order online (I swear I'm carrying this baby in my chest and don't want to bust out of a swimsuit on vacation with my in-laws

Re: Maternity swimsuit

• Options
    I'm very skeptical that you're going to find maternity suits in a store at this time of year, especially if it's not a maternity store. I would call around to maternity stores near you. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    I wore a regular swimsuit my entire pregnancy before.  It was a tankini style and the top had ruching on the sides so it expanded to fit my belly.  Maybe look for something like that?  Seems like a tough job at this time of year.
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I will let you know if I find anything! Your post reminded me that I need something for when we go to Great Wolf in a few weeks. My regular suit will most definitely not work now
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Honestly, you might be better off waiting until you get to Hawaii to get one if you don't want to go the online route. I also echo PPs suggestion to call ahead to see if your local maternity stores still have anything.

I browsed on Amazon pretty quickly and they have some options that look like they'd have good chest coverage, if that's what your worried about. Plus, if you have Prime, the shipping is free if you needed to return anything.
  • Options
    I ordered mine from Old Navy.  It covered my chest well.  Have fun in Hawaii!!!
  • Options
    Macy's? Or embrace the bump and wear a bikini?

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    Motherhood Maternity has lots of options online. 
  • Options
    I'm going to Maui next month. I have a stretch marks from DD, a baby bump, and uneven boobs from breastfeeding but I don't care, I'm going to wear my bikini! Honestly, I love seeing women rock their mom bods at the beach so I'm going to do the same.
  • Options
    @Caressa1 love it (and have a blast in Maui)! In case anyone else is looking for swimsuit advice, I got a tankini at my local maternity store Motherhood Maternity (they told me they carry a few styles pretty much all year long). I also got some bigger sizes of bikini tops at Target. Most tops were about $6 on clearance so I got a few to wear with my regular black bikini bottoms that still fit. It ended up being a cheap way to get a few options. Thanks for your suggestions!
  • Options
    They wear small swimsuits in Hawaii so if you are the type of person who would normally wear a fuller coverage suit, you might struggle to find a lot of choices especially at the local boutiques. The first time I bought a swimsuit over there the sales rep asked me if I preferred "cheeky" or "thong" bottoms (this boutique was in a hotel lobby). I've since learned to embrace the tiny swimsuits while out there. There are tons of great swimsuit stores there and my HI swimsuits are some of my favorites (although I can't wear the thong ones out here in TN). Lastly, big stores like Macy's do have big swimwear sections. I've never shopped there so I don't know what their suits are like but I would assume they would have more options for more coverage. Where are you going? 
    Pregnancy Ticker