July 2017 Moms
Options

U.O. 12.8.16

2»

Re: U.O. 12.8.16

• Options
    @kat0607 WHY ARE WE THE SAME PERSON?! lol my sister is a photographer too haha
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SaphireSweetie88   I'm with you on the photo thing. In my area, it's a minimum of $400 to get maternity or newborn photos. Sure, I love pro photos, but I also have to buy a lot of stuff for this child so my iPhone photos (put through a fancy filter) will have to suffice! And I know this is an UO, because my sister-in-law just gave me the side eye about it last week. She gets pro photos every 3-4 months....and is tens of thousand of dollars in debt from other stuff. But hey, she's got nice photos on her wall!
  • Options
    @mama2stepmama I also don't like them!!! And what's even worse is whenever the couple finds out the sex before everyone, and then has the party just to reveal to friends. That doesn't make sense to me.

@Rae1 hahaha that's so funny!! And due date buddies even! You don't happen to be from PA, do you? :laugh:
  • Options
    JAM85JAM85 member
    edited December 2016
    @misskrisbliss I'm right there with you. DH and I are atheist and live in the south (though I guess you could say I have Buddhist tendencies) and it is annoying AF when people feel the need to constantly talk about Jesus and god and hoping I find them etc. I miss living in the north where everyone quietly practiced their religion and didn't feel the need to let everyone else know about it 24/7 or push it on other people. I have zero issues with people feeling free to practice whatever religion they want and how they want as long as it doesn't interfere with my life- like trying to convert me. Probably the worst. 

Also we are photographers which is nice come announcements and maternity but honestly we are so busy shooting other people's lives we don't get much of our own in the frame!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kat0607 Ohio, so kinda close! Haha
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @MissKrisBliss I'm right there with you! That's why I got so irritated in that other thread with the Bible verses... and I'm Jewish 
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @MissKrisBliss agnostic atheist here, too. Really annoying when people assume Christianity is the default. 

ETA with Buddhist tendencies too - mom was Buddhist and dad was atheist
  • Options
    @JAM85 my brother's first roommate was named 7ven.  Not a joke.  And my sister once had a student named Placenta.  They chose it when she was born.  She also had another student named Shithead (th blended).
    The Shithead thing is a (n often thinly veiled racist) urban legend, come on now. 
    Not intending on being racist at all, apologies if it's taken that way. It is true; my sister had this student in her Biology class that she taught about 12 tears ago. Also, I do not know the race or ethnicity of the child, nor does it matter. just sharing an interesting factoid. 
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Being sober for the holiday season is excruciatingly painful. 
    Yes! My work Christmas party is next weekend and I was really looking forward to wine. But I'm not comfortable with drinking even red wine while pregnant.
  • Options
    Yes! My work Christmas party is next weekend and I was really looking forward to wine. But I'm not comfortable with drinking even red wine while pregnant.
    Wait, please clarify this "even red wine" part. 

• Options
    @GlitterFish i am the complete opposite, I love tight clothes because my boobs are so big and my body so small. If I wore loose clothes, well it just wouldnt look right. But I have seen quite a few empire type tops on ebay for maternity.
  • Options
    Mine is probably pretty unpopular, but I hate when people spout their religion at me.  (SNIPPED)
    @MissKrisBliss - I feel you on this! I am a Christian and believe in God but I have people from other religions who do it to me and it's so irritating. Now I do say you're in my prayers or I will say a prayer for you and I will gladly discuss my beliefs with others who WANT to discuss it but never force it on them.
    @JAM85 my brother's first roommate was named 7ven.  Not a joke.  And my sister once had a student named Placenta.  They chose it when she was born.  She also had another student named Shithead (th blended).
    @WorkinWeezel - Why? Just Why?
    My uo is I can not stand mothers who assume everyone wants to hold their baby. Like yes I love holding my daughter and I am excited about holding this baby when they come, but I honestly can not stand holding other's kids. I'm sick of hearing "you need the practice again" and the mother just plops their kid in my lap and runs to the other room. What sucks is it's my DH friends kid...
    *edit for literally typing a question my student was asking me in an e-mail lol
    @MrsSharier - I had this happen a while ago to me. I got up, carried the baby into the other room and told the mother that I am not 6 and don't need to practice holding a baby since with all my nieces and nephews and friends who have had kids I am sure I know how to properly hold a baby. I gave the baby back and said I have no problem giving you a break for a few minutes if that's what you need but I would appreciate the common courtesy of asking if I would mind first. ( I may have been in a snippy mood lol)
    SNIPPED
    @satsumasandlemons - I believe it's because most doctors will say it's okay to have 1 glass of red wine every now and then.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

It's fine to have a small glass of red wine every now and then. It would be something to ask your dr about. My OB said it was fine but my sisters is completely against it. 
  • Options
    @mamaspraggie I feel very similar. I get so frustrated with the people who are like I'm not going to say happy holidays I'm going to say merry Christmas. So what? I really don't care what you say or if you even say it. I would be perfectly happy if someone said happy Hanukkah to me. All I care is if you are respectful and a pleasant person. Everyone has a right to believe what they want. Since when did everyone get so offended so easily. 

I hope that came across right, dh keeps talking to me and distracting me every sentence. 
  • Options
    @mamaspraggie We moved to NC from
    Nantucket, MA and before I was in upstat NY so yeah culture shock especially in terms of religion. I HATE the BS that is this "war on Christmas" because people say Happy Holidays because NEWSFLASH Christmas isn't the only holiday happening now! You aren't the center of the world regardless of what you think you should be and if you want people to respect your religion then start by respecting theirs or lack thereof. Ugh sorry but if I have to hear how Christianity is being persecuted one more time i will lose it. It's always worse this time of year- re: idiots getting riled up over the cup that holds their expensive coffee 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If this is a UO, I don't belong here. 
    ^WSS
  • Options
    My uo is those mittens you put on newborns. I won't do it. They need to be able to feel and use their hands. Also people who still give their infant that powdered rice cereal after their pediatrician says not to. Or even the pediatricians who say to use it when there is studies against it. Usually I don't care but these make me cringe.