July 2017 Moms

STM+ Check In

How far along are you?

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?

Rant/Rave/Questions?

What do you *think* this baby is (boy/girl)? Were you right with you last pregnancy/pregnancies?

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? 

Re: STM+ Check In

• edited December 2016

How far along are you?  6+3

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Exhaustion- same as last time except now I have a 2 year old to chase.  I am so much more nauseated than last time.  I threw up 3x the entire pregnancy with DS and just yesterday I beat that number.  Extremely constipated.  I've tried everything that I can.  It seems to be a little worse this time than last.  I have some heartburn, but it was much worse last time.  I'm also MUCH more emotional this time than I was last time.  I burst into tears at the drop of a hat.  It's driving me insane. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? My job sucks for being pregnant.  It's so physical and requires a ton of lifting and climbing and can have super long and random hours.  It sucks when I'm not pregnant and I'm not looking forward to another pregnancy out here. 

What do you *think* this baby is (boy/girl)? Were you right with you last pregnancy/pregnancies?  I'm thinking girl this time.  I'm not really sure why other than being sicker.  I just have that feeling.  I was certain DS was a boy from like 5 weeks on and I was right. I guess we will see in a few months!

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? Elf!  And the old school clay-mation Frosty.

Edit: add symptoms

Me: 33 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    DD born 7.27.17

• How far along are you?
    9+4

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?
    Honestly, any symptoms I had (which were mild to begin with) have pretty much disappeared. I still have a tendency to tear up over ridiculous things, but that's really it. I hate this point in pregnancy and I keep trying to remind myself that it was similar with my son - too early to really feel any sort of bump (I'm 5'9, so that contributes to how late I show or feel anything) but far enough in that the placenta has taken over a lot of the work so I don't feel any different than I normally do. It's essentially limbo because, while I don't have any reason to think anything is wrong, I also don't feel pregnant and it's very easy to forget that I am. Again, it was the same with my son, so I'm just one of those weird people who metabolize pregnancy hormones very quickly and easily, but I wish there was SOME indication that something was going on in there. My appointment on Monday can't come fast enough.

Rand/Rave/Questions?
    I think I managed to squeeze my rant in up above. We told my parents and the immediate military family that I saw every day when I was 6 weeks with my son because I bled from weeks 4 to 8 with him and I needed the support. That meant that I talked about him a lot, and because of the bleeding, I was in and out of the doctor's office every three or four days for ultrasounds, blood work, and exams. By the time my first "normal" appointment rolled around, I'd seen him on the screen upwards of half a dozen times. Since we are waiting with this one to announce until Christmas, and since it's so far been a textbook pregnancy with no bleeding and no negative or concerning symptoms, it still feels very surreal and I'm having a desperately hard time, emotionally. Guilt over feeling like I'm not as invested (which I am, I'm just not allowed to talk about it and it's not the emotional roller coaster that my son's initial month was), anticipation over my approaching appointment, stress over everything else that is going on (husband is out to sea for a while right now and we are in the middle of moving from Hawaii to Connecticut and haven't received our household goods yet, so the house is basically borrowed essentials. At least it's baby proof, right? Haha), and a million other fragmented thoughts are going through my head and I just keep praying that everything is ok with this baby. Ok, rant over. I literally have no one I can talk to about this right now, including my husband, since he's only contactable by email, and even then, only if the boat comes up to transmit, so this has been percolating for a couple weeks now. Thanks for listening.

What do you *think* this baby is (boy/girl)? Were you right with you last pregnancy/pregnancies?
    My gut is telling me it's another boy. I was right with my son, but we'll see if I'm batting 1000 or not when I get to my anatomy scan.

GTKY: What is your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie?
    Definitely the old school Dr. Seuss version of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". We used to watch it every holiday season because it's one of my dad's favorites. It holds a very special place in my heart. I actually found an audio version of the whole movie, music and all, on Pandora the other day and my son and I were listening to it in the car and he was absolutely loving it.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 7 weeks!

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Exhausted, nauseated. With my last pregnancy I didn't get sick at all, just tired, so this time is really rough dealing with both, and the fact that I can't come home from work and go to bed like I did last time. DD's bedtime is sweet relief every night!

Rant/Rave/Questions? I had my first appointment yesterday! It was just blood work. We go back for ultra sound in 2 weeks! Right before Christmas! I'm so excited to get to see our little bean! It was kinda funny cause I just saw the NP and saw did a quick exam and said my "uterus felt pregnant" I thought that was kind of a weird thing to say, but whatever! I should get the HcG results today.

What do you *think* this baby is (boy/girl)? Were you right with you last pregnancy/pregnancies? I want to say boy because it's been different from the first, but I was totally wrong with DD. We were team green and I thought boy the entire time and was shocked when they said girl. It actually took me awhile for it to set in I had a girl.

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? Classic movie is White Christmas, but I have to watch Elf every year. We usually watch it Christmas Eve!

• How far along are you? 10+3

Same as last pregnancy - nauseous, hungry

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

Raves for my husband and doctor. They're both awesome! 

Rant: my insurance company and its ambiguous terms. I'm on a reimbursement system so am not appreciating the surprise factor in this. 

I am thinking another boy but who knows. Last time I thought girl, and was surprised when Team Green became blue! Truthfully though, last time I wanted a boy so maybe was too scared to get my hopes up. This time I am fine with either, but a boy would be great since we have so many clothes and whatnot saved. We are better are picking boy names, too.

A Christmas Story!!

• How far along are you?

7w1d 

Exhaustion early in the evening although not as early as last week, craving carbs all the time, moody as hell with dh, and constipated. Hormonal headaches I'm still worried will turn into the migraines I had with the first.  A little bit of nausea throughout the day 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

I NEED to go for a run! As soon as I finish this post...  

Fun question - I honestly have no idea. I knew from the very beginning of the first pregnancy that it was a girl and she would be fiercely mine - although I went back and forth a few times (we were team green) and people were convinced it was a boy. I was right - girl, and absolutely obsessed with me - we'll have an intense mother/daughter bond forever, I think! 

I feel like this one is a girl but I don't know if that's me hoping for a sister because it'd be easier to adjust to life with another girl. I'd love a boy but it would throw a lot of questions in the air for the next ten years re: space. Also, don't flame me, but a friend's kid came over and literally pee'd all over the toilet and bathroom and as I was cleaning it up after they left, I definitely thought that was something I am dreading if this baby is a boy  

Not really into Christmas but we have our traditions - godfather, LOTR, etc that we like to watch every holiday. 

• How far along are you? 6 weeks 6 days

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? I've started waking up nauseous which was a staple in all or my pregnancies. Other than that things are pretty normal.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Yesterday I felt crappy all day and just assumed it was morning sickness. Well right before bed DD threw up exorcism style for a good minute and a half straight. So I'm pretty sure I'm actually sick and I hate that being pregnant makes it so dang hard to tell. 

What do you *think* this baby is (boy/girl)? Were you right with you last pregnancy/pregnancies? I'm thinking boy but we've been wrong with both pregnancies we swore DS was a girl and then we were certain DD was a boy, even went so far as asking the ultrasound tech if she knew what she was looking for. So right now we are 0-2 

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? I'd have to say Elf. But I also binge watch all the cheesy movies on the Hallmark channel even though they all end he same way.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• @ktewart I am right there with you on the limbo feeling!  

How far along are you? 10+3 

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Symptoms have really mellowed over the past week or so.  I'm still hungry a lot but don't feel sick if I don't eat constantly.  Still getting breakouts but not as bad.  I wish I had a kept a journal of some kind last time around because I really don't remember how this time is comparing. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I am terrified for our u/s next Thursday.   

What do you *think* this baby is (boy/girl)? Were you right with you last pregnancy/pregnancies? First time around I don't remember having a 'feeling' either way.  They were able to give us a good guess at like 14 weeks (the tech was right) so we knew pretty early.  This time around my mind seems to be leaning towards 'he' when I think about baby but no real concrete feeling. 

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? Charlie Brown's Christmas

Age 35, H 34

Married 5/09

Pregnancy #1, IUI, MMC, D&C Feb 2012

Pregnancy #2,IUI, MMC, D&C July 2012

Pregnancy #3 IUI, BFP 10/25/12 - Two heartbeats on the U/S!

Twin Girls! C (6/24/13) and E (6/24/13-5/20/15)

Surprise BFP! 10/23/16, EDD 7/2/17

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @LimeKrazy, it is SO a good to hear that I'm not the only one feeling this way! A lot of people, they hear "I don't really feel pregnant" and they automatically jump to telling me something must be wrong. It's such a double edged sword. It's nice to not be sick or have my life be majorly impacted while I have a toddler, but I want to know this baby is doing ok in there.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 6+4

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Nausea has officially hit me. I had terrible nausea/vomiting last time from wk 8-20, so I expected the worst this time, just not this early! 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I've started random wake ups in the middle of the night where I can't fall back asleep for an hour or so.  DD recently started STTN again, and now I can't even enjoy it! 

What do you *think* this baby is (boy/girl)? Were you right with you last pregnancy/pregnancies? I'm feeling boy this time.  I knew right away I was having a girl last time. 

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie?  Christmas Vacation!  It is not officially the Christmas season until I see some Clark Griswold lighting up the town!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 8w2d

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?  Well, nausea isnt as bad... still exhausted however I am currently ALSO dealing with a cold.  So basically, I am just miserable all around.

Rant/Rave/Questions?  Rant is that the random waking up in the middle of the night has started, super annoying.  Rave that tomorrow is my first appt :smiley:

What do you *think* this baby is (boy/girl)? Were you right with you last pregnancy/pregnancies?  With DS1 I thought it was a girl, wrong.  with DS2 I KNEW it was a boy and I was right.  This one... I feel like might be a girl but I could just be projecting that as I really want this to be a girl...! 

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie?  How the grinch stole christmas... and Elf too for sure.

Here comes baby #3!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• How far along are you? 7+1

Haven't been throwing up but feel super gross all the time. Never want to eat. Yet always feel hungry. Tired tired tired. So far very similar to my pregnancy with DD.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

My daughter woke up 2 hours earlier this morning. All I want to do is sleep and of course I can't :(

I think this baby is another girl. I had a feeling I was having a girl last time too and that was true.

Marathon Home Alone movies :)

BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• How far along are you? 6+4

Nausea is starting to let up. I just feel blah though. Not necessarily tired just don't want to do anything. Which is hard with 2 toddlers who kind of depend on me plus a 10yo with activities. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Blended family life can be so amusing sometimes.

I dont really have a "feeling" what this baby is. I am saying boy just because I don't think I can carry girls. My first 2 pregnancies I was right when I  said boy.  My last pregnancy I said girl and he was a boy. 

Hmmmmm probably Charlie Brown Christmas  but I will watch all the hallmark and lifetime channel ones as well.

SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• How far along are you?

7w5d 

I am so much sicker.  And more tired, pregnancy with a busy toddler is hard yo...

My blump seems to have showed up already... I've lost 5lbs in the last month and yet my jeans are becoming more and more uncomfortable.  

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Rant: It's so stinking cold I'm refusing the leave my house.  Rave: my parents get here late tonight and I get to pawn my boy off on them a bit while they are here?

So far I think girl, just because of how much different this pregnancy is.  I was certain my son was a girl until I had a dream the night before our anatomy scan that he had a beard... I spent the rest of my pregnancy leaning towards boy but flip flopping

I love The Grinch

Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• How far along are you? 6+3

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? So much nausea but no vomiting really thankfully. Though sometimes I'd like the relief. I'm exhausted. It feels similar to other pregnancies, but magnified.  The only new thing is some cramping/ spotting (less than yesterday). 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Have my first appointment tomorrow, so nervous but so ready to see the bean.

What do you *think* this baby is (boy/girl)? Were you right with you last pregnancy/pregnancies? I was right with both previous pregnancies from the beginning, but have no strong feeling either way this time. It's possibly because I truly don't have a preference, I can easily picture our lives with either. 

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? The Muppets Christmas Carol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you?

8w6d

Mostly exhaustion and craving salty foods. Minimal nausea. I was constantly nauseated from 7-14w with my first two pregnancies, very different.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

I don't want to be at work, but I don't want to be at home were my DH will drive me nuts. I'm supposed to have Carpal Tunnel surgery next month and don't know what I will do with two weeks off if I can't do many chores 

With such a big difference in my nausea this time around i'm assuming its a boy. I was right with DD2 based on the level of nausea I was having.

Love Actually and for comedic value National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

• How far along are you? 10w 2d

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? None really.  I was exhausted but that seems to be passing.  Still waking up multiple times and having a hard time getting back to sleep but my life is chaos (good chaos but still chaos) right now so that could be the cause of the insomnia.  Had very few symptoms with DS as well although the exhaustion lasted longer and I had really sore breasts.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

What do you *think* this baby is (boy/girl)? Were you right with you last pregnancy/pregnancies? I think it's a boy.  Last time I thought girl which was probably more wishful thinking

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? I love Garfield Christmas and the 60's cartoon Frosty.

• How far along are you? 

8w1d

Quite different! Right now I'm not having any symptoms though so of course that's a bit scary.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

DS slept in this  morning! It was amazing!

Last time I had a dream of a little dark haired boy playing in the backyard so I assumed that's what it would be. He's came out blonde but it's a boy! This time, no dreams yet.

How The Grinch Stole Christmas! (The cartoon version)

• How far along are you?

10 Weeks 

Mild nausea, so tired, groin muscles sore, back pain, sciatica pain, food cravings, food aversions, emotional. The last time I have very few to no symptoms. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

It's still weird to me that I'm growing a baby even tho I've done this before. I finally can tell my stomach is getting bigger just a tad(no one else will be able to tell) and not just bloat.

Both husband and I think this is a girl. Last time we thought boy and we were right.  I had a dream when I was pregnant with my first that my second would be a girl but she would also be huge  ds was an average 7 13 so hopefully huge would just be bigger 

Elf, The Santa Clause, polar express was on the list until the last two days

• How far along are you?

6+3

Insomnia, nausea, irritability, but over blah (everything feels more intense than my first pregnancy for sure!)

Rant/Rave/Questions?

I went to a really informative Natural Birth Talk last night.  There are so many things I'd like to try differently in labor this time (as long as I stay low risk, of course).

No idea!  Either would be so fun!

It's a Wonderful Life!  Although I better steer clear this year so I don't sob my brains out.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 8+1

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Nausea and hunger (anything salty) 100% opposite of my last pregnancy

Rant/Rave/Questions? DH is amazing and so much more involved this time around.

What do you *think* this baby is (boy/girl)? Were you right with you last pregnancy/pregnancies? This time I'm thinking boy. We were team green last time and I have no intuition. Dh was right last time and thinks girl again.

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? Christmas Vacation

• edited December 2016
    How far along are you? 8+1

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Nausea and hunger (anything salty) 100% opposite of my last pregnancy

Rant/Rave/Questions? DH is amazing and so much more involved this time around.

What do you *think* this baby is (boy/girl)? Were you right with you last pregnancy/pregnancies? This time I'm thinking boy. We were team green last time and I have no intuition. Dh was right last time and thinks girl again.

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? Christmas Vacation

Are you going to be Team Green this time? Sorry if I missed another post about it. 

ETA: Oooo, Christmas Vacation, good call...may have to change my answer! 
  • @virginiaunicorn11 We are not going team green this time. Dh wants to know. Meh, I don't care. 
  • How far along are you? 10+3

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies? Exhausted (same as DS) and nauseous (was nauseous for a week with DD)

Rant/Rave/Questions? Went to the OB today and saw a healthy little bean and heard the heartbeat!!! Over the moon happy right now!

What do you *think* this baby is (boy/girl)? Were you right with you last pregnancy/pregnancies? I think it's a boy. I've been correct with all of my kids so far.  But we are team green, so we won't know till the summer!

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? It's a wonderful life!

married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Oh I forgot to ask. Has anyone used hypnobirthing? I'm just starting to listen to samples and even if I don't use it during birth it's really helping me relax right now. Any tips/recommendations?
  • morgarita said:
    Oh I forgot to ask. Has anyone used hypnobirthing? I'm just starting to listen to samples and even if I don't use it during birth it's really helping me relax right now. Any tips/recommendations?
    I casually read it last pregnancy and my birth plan was "to open like a rose and feel no fear." Yes, I am that big of an idiot. So my suggestion is to commit to it, or have a real pain management plan. 

@alcrimmims ditto here exactly
  • @virginiaunicorn11 the nice thing with hypnobirthing is you can use it as you need or is helpful. It doesn't have to replace a "real pain management plan".  
  • morgarita said:
    @virginiaunicorn11 the nice thing with hypnobirthing is you can use it as you need or is helpful. It doesn't have to replace a "real pain management plan".  
    Totally agree! That would be the much smarter way to approach it. My good friend still teases me about my "open like a rose plan." Ah well, live and learn! 
  • @virginiaunicorn11, I can't help it, I laughed out loud at that one!
    Married 25 May, 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @virginiaunicorn11 I would think your original birth plan gave you confidence going into it. Like Yea I can do this, my body was made for this. 
  • How far along are you? 8+3

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancy/pregnancies?  Nausea, sore boobs, and sooo tired.  I had all the same symptoms last time, but I think they're more intense this time.  Could also just be escalated by the sinus infection I've been fighting.

Rant/Rave/Questions?  Rave: DH had his annual neurology and endcrinology appts yesterday, and everything looks A-OK!  Between the brain cancer (12 years ago), the strokes (~3 years ago) and the seizures (last year and this past year), it's been crazy, so I was on cloud 9 leaving NYC...until the [insert RANT:] traffic!!  OMG it was so bad (I live upstate, so we are not used to it) that I started having an anxiety attack (which I never have) while driving.  We had to stop so I could calm down.

What do you *think* this baby is (boy/girl)? Were you right with you last pregnancy/pregnancies?  I keep saying "he" and "him" etc so I feel like it's a boy, but I'm not sure if I;m just used to those pronouns bc I already have a son.  Last time everyone else thought girl except me, and I was right...so, we shall see!

GTKY: What's your favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? Eh, I'm not really into many holiday movies...but someone mentioned The Muppet Christmas Carol, and that one cracks me up!

• How far along are you?

I am  8w4d

I am exhausted..like beyond exhausted. Still have the bad spins. That's really the only difference. That and my hormones are crazy.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

I got my Doppler back from my friend today and I found the babies heartbeat! I was pretty shocked that I found it! 

I've been having that thought in my head the last two weeks that there is no baby in there, so that helped a bit.

My husband and I both think it's a girl. But we also thought that my last pregnancy and it was a boy! We really don't care what it is.  

A Christmas Story. No doubt about it.