April 2017 Moms
Options

Glucose Test!

124»

Re: Glucose Test!

• Options
    edited February 2017
    @HGRich my OB office's cut off is also 140 as @HappyAnjel mentioned, so I would bet you passed, but it will be nice to hear it officially from the doctor so you can close the loop and not have to think about it! I have heard of OBs that have a cut off of 135, but not lower than that (at least from my limited knowledge).
  • Options
    @belocin I failed the one hour for my last pregnancy and I want to say that they called me within a day (maybe two) with the results and the information to schedule the three hour test.  (My office lets your drink the drink before your appointment for the 1 hour, so they just give it to you in advance and draw your blood at the appointment, but the three hour has to be done in a lab at the hospital)  

I took my one hour on Monday and didn't hear anything yesterday, so I am hoping for no phone call today either, which I am assuming would mean that I passed.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Failed miserably yesterday, doing my 3 hour tomorrow. Unfortunately, based on what I've read, suddenly everything makes sense about symptoms of GD, so I'm not particularly optimistic. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options

@belocin, I had my one hour on a Monday, 3 hour on that Friday. They just said they wanted me back within a week.

@HGRich, Mine said anything under 145 was passing so I would assume you were fine based on that and the range @happyanjel had. You fall under both! :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I failed the 1 hour on Tuesday and am back in the lab now for what I thought was a 3 hour test. Turns out I only have to do the initial blood draw and then two more? Lab technicians thought it was weird that they ordered this test so hoping it's not a mixup. DO NOT want to have to go through this again!
    Me: 34
    Husband: 34
    Married: June 2014
  • Options
    @momtoleo - Hmm, that sounds like the two hour test rather than the tree. Although you can only have 3 draws if you pass all three with the three hour. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @kcasset Yeah, I'm thinking the OB nurse put in the wrong order. Really hope 1) I pass and 2) it is okay that I did the 2 hour instead of 3 because I don't think my veins can take any more poking! Apparently there is a different drink for each one. 
  • Options
    @momtoleo normally they do the 2 hour test in place of the 1 and 3 hour tests.  Either way, it's diagnostic.
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    @M&Max - mmmmm crab legs. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @chelle087 @mylittleirvz Thank you for sharing your experiences! I heard back from the doctors office today and told them I had gone ahead and scheduled an appointment for a week and a half from now to snag a good time. The nurse said that would be fine. I took the one hour at 27+4 and will be doing the three hour at 30+4. It seems like a long time in between but with how it's currently scheduled, I'll only need to get a sub for a half day. Also gives me two weeks to cut out the sweets  :#
    DD March 2015
    Baby #2 due April 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Full off glucose as we speak! Keep your fingers crossed for me!
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Options
    I didn't like the glucose very much, but Samuel loves it! He has been so active during this hour of waiting.
  • Options
    @KirstinH88 Hahaha, Piglet was the same way. He is NOT a morning person (god help me, he's like his father and stays up until all hours of the night) but boy was he moving yesterday at 8 am! 
  • Options
    I passed the glucose test.

For those of you who were determined anemic? How bad was the test scores for that? I got my test results through my patient portal and probably won't hear from the dr until my appt this week, but the hgb had a low range of 11.5 and my hgb came in at 11.1. Would that be enough to say I'm anemic? 
  • Options
    What's with the different cut off numbers? My cut-off for the 3 hour was 120 and I failed 2 of the 4 draws...however if it had been 135 or 140 I would have passed. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I had my 1 hr glucose test two weeks ago and have passed. The drink this time wasn't as bad as with DD. With DD it was s smaller cup but it was this awful thick texture that went down like cement. it gave me a headache and I felt sick for the rest of the day. This time it was a little bottle of cold water mixed with it. It didnt taste horrible and I was able to drink it at once. It still made me feel funny but I didnt feel sick. After the blood draw I drank some water and felt totally fine. 

@mamadeez

I used to be a for sure fainter when getting my blood drawn until I was almost 30 years old. Then it got a bit better and I wouldn't faint but I would still need to do it while laying down and would need a few minutes before getting up. Then I got pregnant with DD 6 years ago and had no issues what so ever. I would go to some appointments myself when DH couldn't come with and one of them was an extensive blood check and they took 3 vials. I was sitting down when they did it, got right up and drove home. I haven't had any issues since then. 
    Sometimes you just "outgrow it" so to speak. 
    Oh actually I did faint the first time they took my blood with this pregnancy. But I was barely eating or drinking anything from constant nausea, I hadn't slept AND the tech didn't know what she was doing so she poked me like 3 times (in both arms) until she finally got it going. She also continued to talk about it throughout the process which didn't help LOL
    but since then again, I've been a-ok. 

You got this!

• Options
    Oh yeah, my office also requires you to drink it within 5 minutes. It does have something to do with whatever she said, I wasn't listening, I just did it lol

• Options
    @KirstinH88 - At my office, you wouldn't be anemic.  They wanted anything at or above 11, and I was like 10.2 or something. I did add in the iron just because they say it can make you really tired to be low on iron and I have felt more energetic. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Glad to hear you passed @momtoleo hopefully that bodes well for the 3hr even though it sounds like a major pain to have to go back and take that one too!
  • Options
    Hi all, I had similar reactions when i had to take the glucose load test. Fortunately there is now a natural and organic option called The Fresh Test! It's delicious!