December 2016 Moms

Overdue Club

Re: Overdue Club

• SmashJam said:
    I just made a hair appt for next Thursday. I'll be 41 weeks 5 days, the point at which I was induced with DS. I'm just daring her to come at this point, lol
    Ha! Great minds think alike! I invited the neighbors over for brunch when I'm 39 weeks 1 day - which is when I had DS. I figure that's tempting fate enough and if brunch doesn't happen, the food will certainly not go to waste!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • @littlebirdie28 that was exactly my thought! @slartybartfast I'm torn for you...I really love brunch I might be sad to miss, but probably not for giving birth...it's a toss up tho lol!
    @AbriannaO that story is awesome. I may do that to my hairstylist if things work out lol
  • Loading the player...
  • (Realized I'm posting in the overdue thread... I'll see myself out...)  :#
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • @slartybartfast - I don't know if you know this, but this isn't an exclusive club.  You're welcome to join us :)
  • Hey, apparently I belong here now!

When were you due? Depending on how you count, I was due either Tuesday or Wednesday. 
    Any signs/symptoms of labor? I'm losing my mucous plug and have occasional contractions, but nothing significant. I was only 1 cm dilated yesterday.
    Any plans to get baby out? I have an induction scheduled a week from today, but other than that, I need to do more walking! I might go buy an exercise ball tomorrow to try some exercises on that.

Anyone else's doctors use a Foley bulb for ripening? My doctor has me scheduled for one next Wednesday and I was just wondering if anyone had this done before and can let me know what to expect.
    EQD born 12/15!

• Depending on who you ask, I was either due Saturday 12/3 or Monday 12/5. Last appointment I was 1.5 cm and 100% effaced. Having some weird sensation in my crotch that's like a burning/nerve pain, but no contractions (Wtf dude I had braxton hicks for months and now nothing). Been spending some time on the yoga ball, today I decided to paint the corner of my room that will be his "nursery" I guess I need to start walking more. Went to the chiropractor and got a acupressure message and nothing. 
    "Get this thing out or so help me" lol 

• Anyone else's doctors use a Foley bulb for ripening? My doctor has me scheduled for one next Wednesday and I was just wondering if anyone had this done before and can let me know what to expect.
    I've never used that (never induced in any form) but I think it's what I'd ask for to start with because it's non chemical and doesn't pass to baby... or make artificial contractions (that put strain on baby's heart). It just seems safer and actually accomplishes the purpose... I wonder if you can walk with it in? 

But, funny story. I just learned about the foley when I had my last, two years ago... and my first thought was "what the what??? That's like a medieval torture device!!!" I do think, in the future, people will look back and scoff at obstetrics tactics to control birth when it isn't happening the way they like.
     ;)

Due December 27th with baby #7

• @jptrumptone I'm getting the foley bulb on Monday at 3pm (hopefully I don't make it to that point) and my info sheet says I'll stay for an hour for contractions and heartrate to be monitored before discharge. I can then go about my day normally until induction at 7am the following day. I was told it could start labor on its own and it could also fall out and to just discard it if it does. I'll let you know what its like..i imagine uncomfortable and painful at first :(
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • That's really cool... I had only heard of women having it placed and staying ... I hope it does the trick @R0824H

• Lurking from Jan.
    I had a foley bulb after a uterine surgery (not while pregnant!) for a week. It was not painful at all. I'm not sure how different it is if it's used for induction purposes, but I wouldn't be worried. I barely felt it. 
  • Foley bulbs aren't too uncomfortable - kind of like a tampon. Laminaria (sea weed!) are also a great all natural way to get things dilating - not sure how many practices use them though...

• I was hoping I would not be joining the overdue club, but here I am. This waiting stinks. I am so ready to meet this little girl! What are you guys doing to stay busy and keep your mind off things? Any big weekend plans? I am going to bake Christmas cookies with my mom and finish online christmas shopping. Maybe a see if the husband will take me out to dinner since it will be the last time for a while.
  • I'm joining the club too. Trying to alternate between resting and nesting. Really trying to just trust my body and not question every little twinge, but it's hard.
  • @sarah12 I've been baking constantly and binge watching Netflix, the waiting still sucks :/
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015

• I'll be joining you ladies if Squish doesn't come today. That would make me officially wrong about everything this pregnancy. I have a a terrible mothers intuition. Please tell me it develops over time.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'll be officially joining after Monday. @phoenix870509 I was wondering the same about my intuition. However, I think it's hard to listen to what my actual intuition is vs what I think I want to happen. 
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Sarah12 I feel like I'm running out of things to do. I can only clean the bathroom so many times. Today I might repack my hospital bag because I need to distract myself. Im trying to read fiction and just relax but I'm wired to worry.

I actually haven't been going on lunch dates for the past few days because I might hit the next person who asks why the baby isn't here yet. I know I'm only 5 days past due but you would think I'm already 2 weeks late with the way people talk about it and the way it's making me feel. I'm going nuts, you guys!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Go get a prenatal massage... or go on a date... have some fun! 

• Whooo @penelope4612 congrats on graduating from the overdue club! Lol

@SaraRose83 the comments just get more and more ridiculous and I agree, you can only clean things so many times 
    TT#1 July 2015

• @R0824H I was just telling my DH that your signature says your baby is the size of a 15lb thanksgiving turkey, and he is like, "so its 15lbs? That makes no sense! There's the same stuff in a baby as there is a turkey!!" He has an issue with the size comparisons every week but this one is too much for him, lol.
  • lol @SmashJam this comparison totally got on my nerves.. it's like as if I don't feel massive enough already, tell me i'm about to push a 15lb turkey out of my vagina..great thanks babysizer LOL
    TT#1 July 2015

• Let's revive this! We need overdue support. 

Any affirmations you all are using? 

Any meditation resources? 

Anything else you're doing to get that oxytocin flowing? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I guess I'll join you guys! Due Dec 13th. I'm officially overdue!
    Yes the constant, "baby??" Questions are getting old. Trust me I'll tell you when we have the baby!
    Today I got a pedicure, hoping the reflexology in a foot massage will work! Also eating pineapple, spicy foods, and drinking raspberry leaf tea. 
    I'm trying to enjoy the relaxation time right now. And the time with my husband. I've been off work a week now, and that's giving me anxiety. All the leave I'm taking right now. Also the fact that ANY SECOND I'll go into labor, is making me anxious. It's a constant edge of my seat feeling that I don't like. But it's also very exciting! I just don't want to be induced. I feel like it takes away my experience of going into labor. I want to have that experience, of omg! This is it!! Not just show up for another appt.
    I see my dr tomorrow so we'll see what she says!
    Hang in there mommas!
  • Anyone ever tried massage/chiropractor for labor induction? We have an awesome local lady that only does prenatal work. She saved my ribs a few months ago. She said she has certain things she can do to try and jump start labor. Thinking of making an appointment for next week once I'm officially "overdue". 

Any experiences? Do you feel like it helped the process along at all?
  • I had a massage Monday where she focused on pressure points. It felt great, but did not seem to kickstart labor. I would do it just for the relaxation factor though!
  • @phoenix870509 we'll be induction day birth buddies! I am going in for cervical ripening in a few hours (eep!) but prolly won't give birth til tomorrow!
  • @SmashJam yay we'll probably have birthday twins! But you're lucky you get to start the process tonight. I'm already 3cm dilated, so the earliest they'll admit me is 630 tomorrow morning.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I've been getting chiro 3x a week and complaining non stop about being pregnant- if my doc has some tricks up his sleeves, he's holding out on me!!  
    We did discuss adjustments during early labor though, and he mentioned that usually when he does an in-labor adjustment, things progress very quickly after. Probably more about getting baby to descend properly with an aligned pelvis than any sort of magic trick.
  • @phoenix870509 I am like, barely 1 cm, or at least I was at my last appt on Tuesday, so I guess I need as much help as I can get! You'd never know my body had done this before, its holding out just as much as last time, lol.
  • Joining this club no one wants to be in today!

I was due yesterday. Womp. Womp. I definitely did not think I'd be pregnant at this point with my first being 10-days early. At my appointment yesterday, I was 3 cms dilated but cervix was still "harder" but head was low. I'm not really sure what this means for me. OB did strip my membranes but didn't seem particularly hopeful this would work for me. "Sometimes when I do this I feel like, 'oh yea, this will definitely work', I did not feel that way this time, I'm sorry!" was her exact quote. 

We did set an induction date of 41 weeks (Thursday) if I don't have the baby by then. I REALLY don't want to be induced and declined being induced earlier. My OB isn't comfortable letting people go over 41 weeks because of bad outcomes.I know others feel differently but I'm feeling at this point if baby isn't here by 41 weeks, baby may never come on her own and I will be induced then.

Any encouragement is welcome! I'm really wanting baby here NOW. 
  • @mysteryship I know... it's totally crazy making!!! I'm so sorry. Keep trusting. Babies do always come... and dates can be incorrect or not accurate like slarty posted in those links. 

If i go over 41 my plan is to try an acupuncture induction. It's suppose to be effective (it was for a few of my friends) and also sounds better than chemical induction.
    but, that said I'd take castor oil and crazy herbs first too...  :D

• Officially a member here now womp womp. Everyone including my doctors told me I wouldn't make it to due date, liars! From now on I'm going to tell anyone who asked that they are gonna be late so as not to get their hopes up! 

Due to GD they will induce me Monday into Tuesday regardless. I really will be disappointed if it comes to that, I want the excitement of spontaneous labor!

Good luck ladies!
  • @mysteryship I'm completely with you. I cry a little every day anymore. It's hard to not just remember, but truly believe that your body isn't broken and will do the right thing at the right time. In the opposite boat as you, I wish people would give up on asking. I feel so bombarded throughout the day with questions about any tinges I might even be feeling a little. I feel like I'm letting people down and I just need my own space. I shouldn't be having to place other people's anxiety other than my own right now, and definitely shouldn't be sorry for the way I feel, but it's hard not to feel bad/guilty for being so frustrated. I'm definitely channeling a lot of my own anxieties into the tunnel of other people's concern/care.
    Blegggh
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @maamawaabangi Thanks for your encouraging words - I wish I'd had the foresight to schedule acupuncture, may have to try to get an appointment early next week. I wish it wasn't so hard to trust my body.

@temmetime I was sick of people checking in on me too, but I've found it's also weird when they stop. But I had similar feelings of letting people down so maybe it's best that I have more space. I hope we both get outside babies soon!
  • They set my induction for Monday as well. I will be 41 weeks on tues. I also feel like my body is failing me. I want the spontaneous labor excitement too. I guess my dr doesn't "like" women to go a week past their due dates. But my baby and I are healthy and there are no complications. So a part of me feels like I should've fought her on it?? It's a really hard decision! Because I'm also so anxious for this to be over. But I don't want them to force her out. Like it's been said before, maybe the due date is just off. Ugh!! I had a really bad contraction yesterday after the Drs. I had to pull over and my husband had to drive. I couldn't even breathe it was so painful. Then it away, and nothing since. So frustrating. Because we were both like, omg this is it. Something is happening!! Nope. So today I'm 40+3. Really hoping she comes on her own before Monday. 
    It's nice to know I'm in good company with you ladies. It helps right now. :-)
  • Oh and my sister, who's a nurse, of course had her own opinions. And saying stuff like don't let her pressure you or scare you into doing anything you don't wanna do. I'm like, well it's done! The appt is set! So now all I need is your support. Please don't tell me I'm making the wrong decision here, because I don't know what to do! FTM. And I'm terrified and confused and frustrated. 
    Ok I'm done.  :-)