Infertility

December IVF

124»

Re: December IVF

• @LoweeeK, so awesome!!!!!!  What a great Christmas gift.
  • @tiffanyw1783, awwww...thanks!  I'm so excited...but trying to keep realistic. It's getting hard.

@Joslynj11, thanks!!  Trying to figure out what PUPO is...lol.  All the special acronyms in the IVF message boards world is soooooooo different! 

@LoweeeK, hope next week's beta is great!

Merry Christmas everyone. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Day is here- ER- any advice???
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • @loweeek congrats!!! Great news!
  • Made the mistake of logging into facebook...pregnancy announcements...ugh!!!!   :s
    Trigger warning in signature...
    Me: 33  DH: 37
    Together since 2010, Married August 2014
    TTC: Off and on since April 2015
    Diagnosis: Severe MFI
    1/15/2017: FET #1, successful. Baby boy delivered via c-section 9/30/17  <3
    1/2/2018: FET #2: BFN  :'(

BabyFetus Ticker

• @SwtAnana I deleted my Facebook a while back b/c it seemed like everyday was another pregnancy announcement or pictures of babies. It's not worth the heartache and tears.

TTC for 8 years.
    Started in 2008 with timed intercourse, ovulation testing, no official monitoring.
    OB-GYN recommended Clomid and timed intercourse, attempted for 6 straight months.
    First surgery June 2009 (OB-GYN): diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and large hydrosalpinx on right tube.
    Second surgery (July 2009, RE performed this): Right tube had to be removed, lots of adhesions removed.
    Attempted "trying on our own" as per RE recommendations, unsuccessful 5-6 months.
    HSG performed December 2009: left tube open.
    February 2010: started Femara and timed intercourse, attempted 6 months, no BFPs.
    Took a break for a while.
    January 2011: started IUI process, ovaries never properly responded to medications, 6 failed attempts, never actually completed an IUI.
    Took 2012-2014 off due to depression and frustration (side note: did complete grad school to become a nurse practitioner- great distraction).
    2015: started seeing RE again, went through tons of testing and HSG, left tube now blocked, only option is IVF.
    September 2015: Started first official IVF cycle, cancelled in October due to large cyst on left ovary.
    October 2015: started on birth control for 2 months.
    December 2015: attempted to start another IVF cycle, cysts on both ovaries on initial ultrasound, left was huge, cancelled to aspirated cyst.
    January 2016: Cyst back, surgery for ex-lap, cyst and adhesions removed.
    March 2016: Attempted second IVF cycle, estrogen way too high, cyst back, cancelled again.
    April 2016: Third attempted IVF cycle, 7 eggs retrieved, 2 mature (but not great) embryos made to fresh transfer, neither implanted.
    May-Sept 2016: Break to regain sanity.
    Sept-Oct 2016: Attempted fourth IVF cycle, very successful, cyst still on left but we ignored. 7 mature "great looking" eggs retrieved, 4 mature embryos made it to day 5 transfer. Transfer aborted due to large amount of endometriosis fluid in uterus.
    FET of 2 embryos completed on 12/12/16.
    12/22/16 1st Beta 179 BFP!!!
    12/24/16 2nd Beta 449!!
    EDD 8/30/17 with two girls!!!!!

Audrey (4lb 8oz) and Olivia (6lb 6oz) born 8/10/17!!

• Egg retrieval tomorrow at 7am! Fingers crossed! This is my first time and a bit nervous. Fertilizing tomorrow then freeze for PGS testing. Transfer date is a big question and I feel like I'm jumping the gum but I'm hopeful. 

• @AEHeaton FX for you! I hope everything went smoothly! Keep us posted!  
    July - September 2016 - 3 negative IUIs
    December 2016 IVF cycle - 12 retrieved, 5 fertilized, 2 frozen, 1 transferred
    August 2017 - baby boy
    September 2019 - FET cancelled due to thin lining (tried pills)
    November 2019 - FET cancelled due to thin lining (tried patches)
    February 2020 - FET February 6, EDD 10/25/2020

• @tiffanyw1783 I had been avoiding FB for that very reason and it did wonders for my mood. Don't know what possessed me to log back in. I'll be taking another long hiatus  :/

@AEHeaton hope your transfer went well and that you're getting some much needed rest!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Any updates ladies??

I just got my schedule for my FET in January.  Still waiting on the genetics report but assuming we have at least one normal embie, we'll be proceeding for a transfer on Jan 12th!  I was so surprised when they told me that because I was sure it'd be late Jan/early Feb.  

I think I'm gonna sneak over to the Jan FET thread to get a sneak-peek on what to expect.

BabyFetus Ticker

• BFP on Christmas Eve. Best Christmas ever. Fingers crossed for y'all!
  • @CDC23 amazing news!!!! Congrats!!!!!  :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• @CDC23, omg!!! Congrats!  I was waiting to see how you were doing.  I'm only one week into my TWW.  I am going nuts. Any advice?????  I am super happy for you!

AFM: Besides going nuts, I'm still doing accupuncture.  It's so interesting.  I really do feel my Qi moving.  It's so weird. 

• @SwtAnana, January 12!  That's so awesome!!!  Good luck!!!!  
  • @CDC23 yayyyy congrats!!!! such great news!! 

hang in there @junelaguirre!! do you have anything planned for NYE to look forward to? 

TW..my 2nd beta from Tuesday came back at 1,356!!! first US scheduled for next Friday...I can hardly believe it!! 
    July - September 2016 - 3 negative IUIs
    December 2016 IVF cycle - 12 retrieved, 5 fertilized, 2 frozen, 1 transferred
    August 2017 - baby boy
    September 2019 - FET cancelled due to thin lining (tried pills)
    November 2019 - FET cancelled due to thin lining (tried patches)
    February 2020 - FET February 6, EDD 10/25/2020

• @CDC23, omg!!! Congrats!  I was waiting to see how you were doing.  I'm only one week into my TWW.  I am going nuts. Any advice?????  I am super happy for you! 

Luckily my TWW was the holidays so I just stayed as busy as possible. Praying that you're TWW flies by and you get your BFP!!!

• @LoweeeK, that is amazing!!!!  Yay!   I am so happy for you!   What a perfect holiday season.