May 2017 Moms
Options

Weight

2»

Re: Weight

• Options
    museic-2museic-2 member
    edited December 2016
    I'm on the top end of normal BMI. I'm hoping to gain just 25 lbs, but dr said should be more like 30-35, we'll see! So far I have lost 5, and gained 2 back. I'm at 16w 4d. On the plus side Dr said as long as I'm eating, she's happy (I'm trying to eat healthy but certainly am not perfect- I had pizza for dinner). She also mentioned that in the next month or two I should expect an 8-10lb weight gain as baby grows. I haven't been exercising but am active as a kinder teacher and walk 8-10k steps a day, as well as lacking breaks to eat, or sit, or use the bathroom, etc....so I just pig out when I get home and try to snack throughout the day. Hoping my weight continues on a small, gradual gain!

*edited because I put the wrong week. Doh.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MTB16MTB16 member
    edited December 2016
    Normal BMI here so I'm in the gain 25-35 group, up 5 lbs so far at 15 weeks. 

I hate the gym so I'm just this week trying to get back into yoga at least. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I'm of normal bmi, so I'm in the 25-30 lbs range. I've lost a couple pounds since the beginning of the pregnancy, and I'm holding at that weight. I'm a little worried since I'm 15 weeks and expected some weight gain by now. With my first pregnancy, I had already gained around 5 lbs by now. But I was way more nauseous in the first trimester this go around. That part just ended a couple of weeks ago, so I imagine I'll start packing on the weight soon enough!
  • Options
    I was told to expect a 25-30lb weight gain, though only 20 wouldn't be too little. I'd really rather not gain 30, but realistically I know part of that is out of my control (re: baby size, water retention). I would like to keep it at 25lbs from my starting weight, ideally. 
    I'm still down about 10lbs since the beginning of my pregnancy. My weight finally stopped going down around week 16. I'm sure it should start going up soon,which is what my midwife predicted it would do.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• Options
    I'm only supposed to gain 11-20 lbs total. I actually lost 9-10 lbs my first trimester due to nausea, lack of appetite, and sometimes just honestly forgetting to eat. I've only gained about 3 lbs back, so I'm still about 6-7 under where I started. But I eat when I'm hungry and I have a pretty active job. I feel pretty good about the minimal weight gain though since I'm going to try my best to stay within the recommended guidelines.
  • Options
    As of my last appointment, I was down 2 pounds from my original starting weight but I will be interested to see where I am next week for my anatomy scan. My BMI is average (maybe a titch higher than ideal). With my last pregnancy, I only had a net gain of 2 pounds through the whole pregnancy. My doctors have always been pretty chill about it--as long as the baby is growing, it's getting the nutrients it needs. The minor weight gain definitely wasn't intentional, but it was kind of nice not really having anything to work off. We'll see how this one goes...I haven't really changed my diet from pre-pregnancy except that I make sure I eat breakfast and have protein with each meal. Last night, I had pizza for dinner. Cheese is a protein, right? :-) 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @kipperoo cheese is protein so good job!!  Pizza turns my stomach these days.  So weird!  Sounds like you are eating pretty healthy.  

I went to GP last week, he is the one who gave me pregnancy test.  I was clueless!  I have only gained 5 pounds. I was shocked because I look 6 months or more.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• Options
    I started this pregnancy about 50lbs overweight. But 10lbs less than when I started with DS. 

I was told with DS to only gain 15lbs, ended up gaining 22lbs. 

This is hard for me as weight has always been my downfall in life. I can't seem to get healthy because I stress eat. And basically everything stresses me out. 

But I also have GD again (diagnosed at 7w with past and current pregnancy) so because of that diet I'm down 17lbs right now. I'm doing a little better this go around since I've BTDT and I believe all my cheating in my previous pregnancy is why DS had low blood sugar and had to be in the NICU. But it's still hard. I'm really hoping to stick tot he 15lbs weight gain with this pregnancy so it might be easier to lose. 

I miss carbs and sugar :(
    DS born via c-section 8/1/2015 
    DD due May 2017 (RCS)

• Options
    I get weighed at each appointment, but.my doctor has never mentioned how much or little to gain or commented on weight ever.  with my first I gained 50 lbs (started underweight), 30 lbs with my second (started at a normal weight), and have gained 14 lbs at 16 weeks with this one.

I have no clue what's normal nor do I really care as long as I'm healthy.  

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options
    @kipperoo cheese is protein so good job!!  Pizza turns my stomach these days.  So weird!  Sounds like you are eating pretty healthy.  

I went to GP last week, he is the one who gave me pregnancy test.  I was clueless!  I have only gained 5 pounds. I was shocked because I look 6 months or more.
    Oh yes--I should have clarified that I most definitely look pregnant! I think my body just loses weight in other areas...it's very strange (and the second half of this pregnancy could be totally different than with my son, so we'll see!). It seems like the body morphs weight in strange ways when pregnant! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    OB said to expect 20-25 with my first and I gained 20. I'm similar size/weight this time around so I'm expecting the same.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    I was told no more than 10 lbs because I started overweight (size 18). 20 weeks today and I'm down 5 lbs. I'm not a super healthy eater - more of a meat and potatoes person than junk food though - but I've been craving fruit and vegetables so I think that helped. It's been very weird to bypass work desserts because the apples look so delicious. 
    Me: 38
    Day 3 FSH: 10.9
    AMH: 0.49
    Hypothyroidism

DH: 35
    Vasectomy Reversal Aug 7, 2015 (successful! - 10/15/2015: 39 million, 60% motility)

IUI #1: 10/15/15 - 100mg Clomid with 3 mature follies - BFN
    IUI #2:  11/14/15 - 100mg Clomid with 1 mature follicle - BFN

12/15 - taking a break to finish grad school
    8/24/16 - Surprise BFP! EDD 5/6/2017
    It's a girl!

• Options
    I started a little overweight and only plan to gain 15lbs. The doctor told me 25ish would be fine. I'm about 19 weeks and haven't gained an ounce. I know it's coming, but I'm staying positive!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    The nurse practitioner and doctor I have seen told me no more than 5 to 10lb gain. though I'm down about 15 lbs so far (thank you little parasite - doctor said it first!). As long as I don't surpass my starting weight they aren't concerned.  I'm hoping to stay down since I've tried to lose weight and baby has accomplished what momma couldn't do before being pregnant. can someone explain that to me? FYI I've had 1 episode of morning sickness so can't say that's why I lost.  hope everyone stays healthy and happy! don't fret too much about weight loss or gained...just keep eating right (enjoy the cravings from time to time) and exercising the best you can.