July 2017 Moms
Options

Second Hand Weed Smoke

13»

Re: Second Hand Weed Smoke

• Options
    I guess that I don't understand how some people define snark. Is it just simple disagreement? Because that's the impression that I'm getting from this thread: that any disagreement, even if it's grounded in logic and scientifically-based, is somehow rude.  :s
  • Options
    danyellie-2danyellie-2 member
    edited December 2016
    yall come on this has been going on for 4 days now!!!! Theres SOOO much more we could be posting about and discussing that would be so much more supportive to each other!!! This is such an exciting time and if your anything like me theres a million to one things running thru your head (pure joy, being scared to death, what your going to eat next lol) Matter of fact there is some pineapple I'm going to go munch on now haha
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lolo427Lolo427 member
    edited December 2016
    Though I appreciate the mentality the 'come on guys why can't we all get along' rarely works.

Edit:mobile is being a stupid jerk towards my awesome Meme.
  • Options
    danyellie said:
    yall come on this has been going on for 4 days now!!!! Theres SOOO much more we could be posting about and discussing that would be so much more supportive to each other!!! This is such an exciting time and if your anything like me theres a million to one things running thru your head (pure joy, being scared to death, what your going to eat next lol) Matter of fact there is some pineapple I'm going to go munch on now haha
    Please send this post to our world leaders. I bet that they've never heard this advice before and could really use it, too.
  • Options
    @mango15 now that made me laugh lol :D
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @mango15 yeh and then the overlords stepped in and the villagers burnt the village and it was all very sad sniff sniff...  Based on the thread that was closed by admin over in June17, we may get riled up enough over here to get our very own badge of closure lol - I may need to grab some popcorn.

Anyways, I just wanted to add to the comment about the cultural context and acceptance of marijuana.  As someone born and raised in the Caribbean and where it isn't a big deal (I do not smoke and never have), pregnant women do not generally sit in confined spaces with smokers - they go outside.  (Homes are also very well ventilated and the air is constantly being changed over because all the windows and doors are open).  That being said, I recall several long term studies that were done on a small group of mothers in the Caribbean that smoked during pregnancy that showed that their children later on turned out to be more socially adept and well-adjusted in comparison to their non-smoking counter-parts.  I think that's a hoot!  (This was cited in a developmental psychology text.) 

In all seriousness OP, why not ask him to go outside?  I am most confused about your reluctance to ask your husband to step outside, a seemingly simple request.  There must be other factors involved that we are not privy to that would cause such reticence, right?  So, something's amiss here....

Edit: June17
  • Options
    Helloooo....without reading all the replies....I'm a very anti-smoking of anything. Boring, I know. It's just NMS. I just personally feel that it's not worth the risk. If the man I lived with thought that it was OKAY to risk, I wouldn't be living with him much longer. 
  • Options
    Hey it's like old times on the Bump in this thread!!

my main issue with OPs statement she made twice that her doctor said there was no anecdotal evidence and no studies but if they saw something they would change it. Ok except the part by the time you saw something on a scan it would be too late. It would already be done and have affected the baby's development. I also feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Can her husband really not get off his ass to go outside to smoke?! Seriously? I don't want to contemplate who will be doing all the work once baby comes if that's his attitude about smoking weed
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    danyellie said:
    Oh geez. Facepalm. 
  • Options
    ashaw512 ashaw512 member
    edited December 2016
    Also this is TB if you want unicorn farts and rainbows go to babycenter.

Eta my phone can't spell.
  • Options
    Hdhtk4Hdhtk4 member
    edited December 2016
    Wow @missymoore912, you would not have been able to handle TB a few years back if this is upsetting to you. If you think this is snark, you should have seen what people wrote before the mass exodus! I miss those days.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    OP-I think letting him smoke by you now opens yourself up to a very grey area, where do you draw the line when baby is actually here since you are fine with breathing it in now while pregnant? I can't really see why an OB would think it's okay for a pregnant woman to be exposed to any smoke on a daily basis without it affecting the health of her unborn child. 

I guess I don't see the issue with him taking it outside or even in a garage that is just his space, both my parents smoke and never smoked inside and now wash their hands and faces before even coming near my kids. The research today shows how bad second hand smoke is, I couldn't turn a blind eye to the facts. I know these are not the answers you wanted to hear but I think it's a pretty big deal to let him smoke next to you legal or not legal. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    yellow1daisyyellow1daisy member
    edited December 2016
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    I failed *hangs head in shame*
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    @sehp8b I thought you might be interested in this article from my local NPR station (seriously no snark intended and it's worth reading!) 
    https://www.scpr.org/news/2016/12/19/67346/doctors-say-parenting-and-pot-smoking-don-t-mix/

• Options
    I agree with many others as I scrolled through, take it outside. The more research coming out the scarier it is; protect your child in utero as you would when they are in your lap or by your side. What you eat, breath and put on your skin impacts your child.  If you are really interested there is lots of research on pot and pregnancy.  Just google: nih pregnancy and pot smoking or cannabis or second hand.  All around its growth restrictive..  even Healthline has an article from 2015 and that information was pulled from NIH studies.  Will this happen? It just puts your baby at risk. Also, look into mother to baby studies out of UC-San Diego. We participated in studies with our last DD and they are still following her since she was born with chd.