January 2017 Moms

Sunday Ticker Change (11/27)

How far along are you? What's new with your little babe?

What are you doing this week to prepare for LO's arrival?

Rants / Raves / Questions / Symptoms:

When's your next appointment?

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday decoration (doesn't have to be Christmas-related)?

Re: Sunday Ticker Change (11/27)

• canavaracanavara member
    edited November 2016
    How far along are you? What's new with your little babe? 35 weeks. Size of a bunch of carrots. His hiccups are now strong enough that they wake me up when he has them. Put the doppler on him last night when he had them and it sounded like his head was perfectly tucked way down and center in my pelvis, phew. Also kind of cool, for everyone that's 35 weeks today: our weeks count matches our days remaining countdown!

What are you doing this week to prepare for LO's arrival? Nothing, I think we're done with all the big things. I guess we need to put the car seat bacck in the car because for some reason my fiancee took it out once he installed it (after going on about how easy it was to put in and how he doesn't understand how people have trouble with it), but I'm still like, "yeah let's maybe go to the fire station and have them safety-check it for us for free just to be sure it's right...)

Rants / Raves / Questions / Symptoms:  Rant: People that go on and on about "You're a FTM so you'll definitely go late because my wife/sister/former co-worker did." Not every person goes late and even if they did, why would you wish that on someone??

When's your next appointment? Friday, starting 1-week check-ins this week.

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday decoration (doesn't have to be Christmas-related)? I did all of our Christmas tree ornaments myself as Mario-themed perler bead decorations. We don't have a tree yet for this year but last year's:

• How far along are you? What's new with your little babe? 
    31 wks, baby is as big as asparagus, lol.

Nothing really.

Got this really bad stomach ach this weekend. Not sure if it was from all the different food from thanksgiving or what. But now I don't have much of an appetite or room for food.

Dec 6th. It's supposed to be a reg check-up but I'm gonna ask to have my cervix checked. I'm so paranoid that things are already changing that I would rather be safe then sorry.

GTKY: What's your favorite holiday decoration (doesn't have to be Christmas-related)?
    lights, especially on the Christmas tree.
  • Loading the player...

34 weeks

A lot! we finally have all of our nursery furniture. The crib is put together but we still need to put the dresser together and the shelves up. Now that our showers are passed I also plan to buy the stuff we still need. I'm planning to price compare and make those purchases this week. Also hoping to get his blanket done. I will also wash blankets and washcloths other non clothes items.

This week I've been exhibiting signs and symptoms that suggest Cletus the fetus could possibly make an early entrance (losing some of my mucus plug multiple times, some painful timetable contractions, positive FFN test) we aren't super worried but we did do steroid shots just in case. I am also taking procardia to try to prevent contractions and I am upping my fluids. I had a non-stress test yesterday and he did great. Haven't had any painful contractions since Wednesday so the medicine seems to be working. 

regular appointment on Tuesday

TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• 35 weeks! What! It's almost baby time. Yet somehow baby will still get bigger... crazy.

Just had our 2nd shower today with all my mom's friends and feel so incredible loved and spoiled. I actually feel bad that this tiny baby has so much when others are in need. Need to sort through everything and figure out what to keep, return, possibly donate, and get all of my organizing done. Gave myself a Dec. 1 deadline to have everything baby related as ready as I can be so then I can focus on relaxing/gearing up for the big life changes because I have not been doing a very good job at putting me first--things are just too busy and there is too much to do!! 

Baby is head down and I can tell he's dropping given that I'm now finally able to eat some decent sized meals and still breathe afterwards (finally! Been looking forward to this all pregnancy). Symptoms are mostly just pelvic discomfort and swollen feet at the end of the day because apparently I don't know how to relax and take it easy on my body. 

Next appt. in one week when we'll do an ultrasound and appts. will start to be weekly.

I love wreaths and going to look at Christmas lights. I am tempted to do a tree since we'll actually be in town this year, but I feel like I have too much nursery prep to do and don't want one more to do list item, so twinkle lights alone may just have to do the trick. 
  • 35 weeks along / 35 days to go over here, too! Time is flying! Baby is lowwwwww. He's been head down for a few weeks now and has dropped significantly. All good things, but the pelvic pain gets to be fairly painful from time-to time. 

My husband's work is throwing us a shower on Friday, which is lovely of them. I'm looking forward to it. That begins two weeks of baby classes, breastfeeding classes, meetings with the doula, etc. The nursery is mostly set up: we still need to buy the mattress and sheets for the crib. (But are using a bassinet for 6 months anyway, so there's not a huge rush.) 

Appointment on Friday, then the weeklys start. 

I love wreaths and exterior lights. My husband is actually putting lights up right now. (I'll do the front deck and maybe the back deck, since that doesn't require getting up on a ladder.) I love a simple tree -- full and lots of lights. This year, I think we're going to buy a smallish potted tree, decorate it inside, and then plant it after Christmas. And it'll be Winston's tree from here on out. 
  • I'm sorry you are having to deal with that @ceclarlinetlo I saw your original post a few days ago and went to comment on it, but then all the posts disappeared.  It sounds like you have a good attitude, and 34 weeks is awesome.  Keep us posted!

(Sorry for jumping in on the Sunday ticker change, just really wanted to respond to celcarlintetlo's update that got lost!)
  • I'm 34 weeks. Every Sunday I want to cry because babe is still too little to be born but I'm just so negative. My phone is filled with countdowns. Counting down to 37 weeks...counting down to 42 weeks. I don't feel that big so I'm hoping to persuade my midwife to get a growth scan- that is tomorrow. 

I just love christmas. It's pure magic. 
    34 weeks. Saw baby over the weekend and a growth scan and he's estimated to be 6.6 pounds! 

Getting the closet and room finished up. Plus maybe packing the diaper bag and hospital bag too. 

Cant wait til I can put on my socks normally again. 

12/7- start weekly!!! 

Christmas stockings or all the lights in the house. It makes it so beautiful. 
    ** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 31 weeks and just plugging along.

This week I have a breast feeding class, and maybe? a makeup birth class session (see rants). BUT most exciting was that we finally got a bit of baby furniture! Bought a pack and play and a baby bay bassinet and put it together. I think we'll need to buy the extension piece for the baby bay because of the way our mattress is, but hopefully it still fits in our tiny space. 

Rant: my gauntlet weekend birth class got canceled because the midwife running it might have whooping cough. I appreciate that she didn't want to possibly expose a room full of pregnant people and their partners, but I'm so (irrationally) pissed off that a) whooping cough is still a thing and b) I might not be able to find a replacement class this late in the game. With the holidays coming up, there were already a limited number of options being offered, but by now everything is booked until after LO is due....

Next appt is this Friday 

I love lights on the outside of houses  (and I can't wait to have my own house to decorate!). But I'm also really pumped this year to have my very own tree for the first time. We've spent the last 2 years traveling around Christmas so it didn't make sense to put up one ourselves (and it took years of wearing down H to the idea that a Christmas tree didn't have to = celebrating a religious Christmas) but I finally get my own! 

@canavara those ornaments are amazing!
    @ceclarlinetlo that sounds so stressful. I hope you're hanging in there and LO stays put a little longer! 
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • 35 weeks and a day now but we had an unscheduled trip to L and D yesterday.

I have finished the nursery and put everything up including the homemade bunting except I haven't finished the fabric panel for the wall just yet so I need to get that done. We are also painting the kitchen which is not for the baby directly but is to make our lives easier when the time comes.

Rant wise I am frustrated. I had my 34 week appointment at 34+2. Over here the schedule is to see the midwife again at 36 and then 38 (rather than weekly) but my midwife is off and I don't have an appointment until 37+5. On the opposite side I ended up having to pop to labour and delivery to get checked for a possible leak, they were fantastic but also frustrated with my midwife. She hasn't been able to tell babies position when the doctor checked he was pretty sure she is transverse. he would have liked me to be booked for a scan so he has organised one and I should be getting a call about it today.

Holiday decorations probably pure white lights.  I like simple and traditional.

@moosette113 that would frustrate me too. we had one rescheduled and I'm sure it was for a great reason but as hubby travels for work he now can't come with me. 

@canava I love those decorations. the pixelation effect is awesome

@ThePax89 do you feel like it's slowing down more the closer it gets?
  • @ThePax89 I don't know if it counts as pregnancy brain but I swear I didn't realize that anyone hitting 35 weeks at any day of the week (not just Sunday specifically) had the 35/35 thing until you posted :| 

@ceclarlinetlo Eek, hope LO stays put! I've heard positive FFN doesn't guarantee that the baby will come early, just that it can't rule out that it won't not come early. Either way, I hope everything calms down for you.

@rdh33 Doing a potted tree and replanting it after sounds like a really awesome idea!
  • I'm a day late- but didn't want to even look at a computer/ phone over the weekend.  It was so nice to have 4 days to just relax.

How far along are you? What's new with your little babe?
    34 weeks- size of a butternut squash

This week I should call to schedule the car seats to be checked.  We also ordered a bookshelf that needs to be put together and I need to order the remaining items from our registry that we did not receive.

Rants- I hate the shortness of breath I have been experiencing lately.  It is getting worse, and I'm praying for the day she drops.  

Wednesday the 30th for regular OB 

DH and I love driving around and looking at houses fully decorated.  There is a house with a full music show near our apartment and a farm with a full light display we want to see this year too.  Looking forward to buying a house so we can decorate next year.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18