June 2017 Moms
Options

GTKY - For those that celebrate - What's on your Christmas list?

Not for Baby to be - but for you!  

I'm having a hard time this year so, other than $$ for a new camera, I have random kitchen things that have disappeared in the 11 moves we've had over the years.

- apple corer and slicer, pizza cutter, oven mitts.  SO LAME.

I was thinking iTunes gift cards too so I can make a rad play list for labor...   other than that, stumped.  So so tell, whats on your holiday list! :)  

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                     BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
      BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                               BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

Re: GTKY - For those that celebrate - What's on your Christmas list?

• Options
    I've got my eye on a new Tory Burch purse that I've already requested.

That's my one big ticket item. Other than that a new winter coat, new perfume, these particular boots I've been wanting, and a random assortment of etsy jewelry. And a makeup organizer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH and I are going on a trip to Ireland and England in Feb/March.  That is our Christmas gift to each other.  Other than that, I'd really like a new crock pot (broke mine) and a bench and coat rack for our entryway.  In general, I don't need anything.  We are trying to focus experiences not things. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's honestly a short list this year... Cards Against Humanity, more perfume, - pair of riding boots and a fire pit for outside.. lol oh and gift cards so I can get maternity clothes but that's not being mentioned since the family doesn't know yet lol 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    A pair of ankle boots
    Magic Bullet blender for morning smoothies
    Pressure cooker
    Keens sandals for Hawaii
    Muk Luk slippers/boots
    TTC 1.0
    17 months TTC and 1miscarriage, 1 chemical pregnancy, rainbow baby born 2/16/15
    TTC 2.0
    16 months TTC, 2 chemical pregnancies, EDD 6/3/17
  • Options
    I would love a MacBook but that will be more of a "Merry Christmas to me" gift 
  • Options
    @brij2006 you're brave for requesting a pressure cooker! My step-mother-in-law gave us one a couple years ago and my husband and I are so nervous to use it. A couple times the food came out great, and a few other times it was catastrophically charred and went right in the garbage. I haven't been brave enough to pull it back out since my last trial. 

For me...we're doing a winter getaway between Christmas & New Years (think snowshoeing, dog sledding, cross country skiing, etc.) so that's our combined gift. We don't really do individual gifts anymore...we usually focus on experiences or get something we both want for the house. Although I do have my eye on a Coach watch..... ;-) 
  • Options
    Any of the Pioneer Women kitchen stuff that I don't already have. 
    Gift cards to Walmart to buy Pioneer Women stuff

My gift from my husband is the dog I adopted two weekends ago. Our gift from my parents was a new couch and we got that a few weeks ago as well. 
  • Options
    I just bought myself a new work leather tote from Mark & Graham as my other one was starting to break and spent this past weekend in a Fundamentals of Woodworking I class at a local non-chain hardware store (which was pricey)... so I don't really want or need anything... maybe clamps for my miter saw and gluing?? assuming I actually use some of my newly learned skills?
  • Options
    My second generation kindle finally bit the bullet so a new kindle is all I will request this year.  DH and I are going away for Christmas so that is our gift to one another.  But my bday is only two weeks later ;)
  • Options

Well this is what I've asked my husband for so far.  I like to give him choices and I also take a picture of the item as well and email it to him so he knows exactly what to buy and can't goof it up. 

new crockpot, 2 very specific Pandora charms, new flannel pj's, gift card to the carters outlet store. 

• Options
    I don't think DH and I will exchange gift this year. We bought a house in August and we are doing some major renovations which are going overbudget about 4K. We also just bought a TV (have been without one for the past year). So I think we are good with what we have. I will probably get him some small chocolates or similar (small things to unwrap under the tree), but mostly gifts will be for the kids. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @brij2006 you're brave for requesting a pressure cooker! My step-mother-in-law gave us one a couple years ago and my husband and I are so nervous to use it. A couple times the food came out great, and a few other times it was catastrophically charred and went right in the garbage. I haven't been brave enough to pull it back out since my last trial. 

For me...we're doing a winter getaway between Christmas & New Years (think snowshoeing, dog sledding, cross country skiing, etc.) so that's our combined gift. We don't really do individual gifts anymore...we usually focus on experiences or get something we both want for the house. Although I do have my eye on a Coach watch..... ;-) 

I LOVE my instant pot!!! I left it in the box for 2 months before I used it. There are seriously so many standards now; they're nothing like they used to be!
    Need a good read? There's a new blogger in town... www.thepinningmama.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @acrose0226 I have a pressure cooker for canning that I'm deathly afraid of.  I rarely even use it for canning.
    But the new smaller ones for cooking have come a long way.  There's also a ton of recipes online and cookbooks that use it.  So I figure for $40 on Black Friday, I may as well see if it works well for us.  We both work full time and rarely eat out, so quick dinners are a must in our house.
    TTC 1.0
    17 months TTC and 1miscarriage, 1 chemical pregnancy, rainbow baby born 2/16/15
    TTC 2.0
    16 months TTC, 2 chemical pregnancies, EDD 6/3/17
  • Options
    I'm buying myself a nice supportive maternity pillow once I make it to the second trimester as a "yay 2nd trimester!" and early Christmas present for myself. I also want to splurg a little on some nice pots and pans. We've been using whatever my husband had from his bachelor days and not only does he have an incredibly limited selection of pots and pans but a lot of them have started to rust because someone didn't take very good care of them apparently.

Other than that I'm probably going to try to add a couple more items to my maternity wardrobe to fill in some gaps.

And I don't know about anything else really. I've been preoccupied by obsessively worrying over this pregnancy that I haven't really had time to think about holidays and such. I'll have to put some thought into Christmas presents.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    So I read the title of this post and realized I haven't even thought of it. I usually have a list by now haha! My husband's bday is Sunday so I have been worried about what to buy him. 

now I have my thinking cap on. 

• Options
    I want a DSLR camera, a new comforter, and stickers for my planner.

DH and I just bought new phones, so that will be our gift to each other, I think. HOWEVER, his arrived today and FedEx hasn't updated my tracking since 11/19  :s
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    My mom offered to buy me a clairsonic brush for my awful pregnancy skin (thanks for pointing that out mom).  But I've wanted one for awhile so that's great. DH and I are just doing stockings for each other this year and keeping it under $100 each. We have a lot of house projects we'd like to accomplish before baby arrives and I'd rather have a nice house ready to go than ask for junk I really don't need. Plus my 10 year old stepson has very expensive tastes. 
  • Options
    LilLee11 said:

I LOVE my instant pot!!! I left it in the box for 2 months before I used it. There are seriously so many standards now; they're nothing like they used to be!

I love my instant pot too! 
  • Options
    New iPhone! I ask for one every other year :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    For all the camera ladies - My mom and FIL gave me early birthday/christmas gifts  ($$) so I pulled the trigger and bought the Cannon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR with two lenses!  PSYCHED!!   

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Options
    A new diaper bag.  I've been toting one for 5 yrs now and I like to get a new one every 8-12 months.  I got a Kate spade one last Christmas.  I also want a new vacuum but I haven't researched them yet.  

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    Since Christmas is literally days after our anniversary, I really just want to go out to a nice dinner and maybe a movie? That'd work for Christmas too. 
  • Options
    With the news of twins, thus equalling a new stroller, two car seats and more cloth diapers, we aren't exchanging gifts. So.. I bought myself a pressure cooker that was on a wicked deal yesterday, and a beautiful Swag Bag from Sacred Pregnancy. 
    DH will be getting some practical things, but no more of our extravagant $400+ on each other. 
  • Options
    bornmommy said:
    For all the camera ladies - My mom and FIL gave me early birthday/christmas gifts  ($$) so I pulled the trigger and bought the Cannon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR with two lenses!  PSYCHED!!   
    Jealous! That's on my Christmas list :smile: the only thing on my list haha
  • Options
    I really just want a bunch of maternity leggings/yoga pants since my regular ones are already digging into my belly! I also asked for some makeup and perfume. 
  • Options
    bornmommy said:
    Jealous! That's on my Christmas list :smile: the only thing on my list haha
    I just got it in the mail!!!  Its basically all I'm getting from four people combined.  HAHA So worth it though! 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy