December 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointments 11.21

2»

Re: Weekly Appointments 11.21

• Options
    Worst words to hear after 5 days of non-stop timeable false labor contractions: "See you next week".
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    sourlemon said:
    Worst words to hear after 5 days of non-stop timeable false labor contractions: "See you next week".
    You can do it!!!!!!! If you need to talk, scream, bitch I'm here.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Had my 36 week appt today.  1cm dilated and 70% effaced.  I guess this is my "shit just got real" moment, because I'm a little freaked out.  I was not expecting to hear anything like that!  I know I can hang on like this for weeks, but the idea that my body is already preparing for delivery is really hitting home.  We still have so much left on our to-do list!
  • Options
    38wk appt, still 1cm and thinned out (90%), so she is down lowwwww.
    Now to just wait.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I had my 38 week appointment today. Measuring two weeks ahead still and baby has not dropped. I'm guessing my OB doesn't do cervical checks unless necessary. They haven't offered and I'm not planning on volunteering. 
  • Options
    Had my 36 week today, measuring at 37. GBS test and TDap shot (fun) plus a cervix check.
    My OB was not in today so I got a PAC, she warned me that she wasn't "that good" at checks, but did it anyways.
    Said that my cervix is "very very soft" but couldn't tell if I was dilated because, again she said, she "wasn't that good at telling these things".
    WTF
    She then said "I'm going to write down your name because I'm curious to see if you are dilated when you get checked by your OB next week" So weird.

• Options
    Had my 37 wk appointment today, as I was peeing in the cup I couldn't help but think that the bathroom must be covered in pee...
    Ob asked if I wanted her to check me for dilation even though we have an RCS scheduled in 2 weeks. I declined, I got all down on my lame cervix last week, I didn't want to be disappointed again. 
    We talked about my BH, which are often and obscene (one of them made me cry last night). They always stop, & just don't do anything to my cervix anyway. 
    At the end of my appointment, she thanked me for being normal (?). The only thing I can think is that the office is in a high-end area where she probably gets a lot of rich, possibly demanding patients? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I just had my 38 week appointment. It was exceedingly uneventful. I won't be required a cervix check until my 40 week appointment.     
    EQD born 12/15!

• Options
    ***Update*** Had my appointment yesterday.  Baby is doing well.  I did not let my doctor check my cervix since she just did it on Friday.  I was 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced.  However, she did schedule my induction for December 6th if I do not go into labor own my own.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Had my 36 week appointment on Monday and a growth ultrasound today. Found out I'm GBS positive and will need penicillin at delivery. Ultrasound looked good per MD office and the technician estimated that Little Miss is about 7 pounds right now.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    38 week appointment, though I'm more like 38 and 5 days. I'm now 1 cm dilated, over 50% effaced, and baby has dropped. Doc offered to sweep my membranes, but I told her I'd wait until I was past my due date. I still haven't gone on maternity leave, and I have a mountain of thank you notes to finish! Baby girl needs to stay in there until I get caught up with everything!
  • Options
    Had my 38 week appointment today.  I tested positive for GBS, also.  Cervix was tight and closed so guessing I still have a while to go!  He said baby girl's head was very low on my cervix (causing a very painful check!) but I am assuming this is a good thing.
    Unfortunately baby is measuring pretty small so they scheduled a growth scan for next week.  Fingers crossed she's going to be a happy, healthy, normal baby!