December 2016 Moms

Weekly Appointments 11.21

Ladies.. Next week is December. Like fo real.

Who has appointments this week? Although it might be easier to ask who doesn't have appointments..

Me:27   H:30
Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
Trying to conceive since 01.2014
Low AFC and azoospermia
IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weekly Appointments 11.21

• edited November 2016
    I have an appointment today... hoping to get my RCS scheduled. 

*update* appt went well, they will call me hopefully this week with a date for my RCS. Told me to just continue monitoring my contractions and call if they pick up in intensity. 
  • I have one today and one on Wednesday to keep an eye on my BP and fluid levels. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Had an appt for my first BPP this morning after my 36 week ultrasound last week showed low weight for gestational age (16th percentile, 5 lb 7oz at 36w 0d), and baby is now 14th percentile (5lb 9oz at 37w 0d) :(

He passed all the movement tests and my amniotic fluid is fine, so they said don't worry about it, but I tried eating so much more than usual (with my GD) and I just feel so bad that he didn't gain more, I was crying during the scan! I know there's not much I can do at this point, but I'm hoping as long as his movements keep up they won't induce me for at least 2 more weeks. I have my weekly OB appt on Wednesday morning and then another BPP next Monday.

• 37 week appointment today. Regular stuff plus a cervix check. Last week I wasn't dialated at all and I'm pretty sure I'll still be that way today. 
     Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• I have my growth scan ultrasound today at 3:00 and then a meet and greet with a pediatrician practice at 4:15 next door to my OB office (very convenient). Last week at my 34 week appointment, I was measuring ahead by 2 cm, so the OB decided she wanted another ultrasound to check things out. Can't wait to see the creature today! Then we have our 36 week appointment next Monday. Anyone else feeling like they should just let you live at the OB office for your last month?

• @AbriannaO at this point I feel like I basically do live at the OB/L&D (same building). I'm kind of getting attached. It might be a shock when baby's born and I don't need to see them as much. :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Austenista, I may need to take the office some cupcakes after it's all said and done to let them down easily that our time together is now coming to just being an annual thing. Ha.

I am looking into how best to butter up the nurses at L&D with goodies. I know it's their job, but I figured having some treats for them either while I am there laboring or shortly after will be kind. Anyone else doing something for their L&D staff? 
  • I had my OB appt an hour ago. They couldn't get a good reading on mt NST, so it ended in a BPP. Michael wouldn't move around during the ultrasound , so she had to use some "fetal alarm clock" thing that I had never heard of. He ended up waking up and kicking like crazy. Next appt is Thurs with my peri. 
  • 37 week appt tomorrow - could be just a regular pee in cup/hb/fundal height appt or he may pull the plug due to sxs I've been having.... we shall see! Taking my hospital bag just in case!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Growth Ultrasound tomorrow, will get yelled at most likely for not following their "recommendation" of getting BPPs since 32 weeks but oh well. 

@bookworm8622  girl- don't worry about it!! Ultrasounds at this stage are SO inaccurate- plus nothing wrong with a smaller baby!  Looks like your percentile is staying similar, and baby is passing the tests just fine so that's good news! DD was born 6lbs 6oz at 40w  and my doc was never concerned....

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ErikandAftonErikandAfton member
    edited November 2016
    @AbriannaO Out leadership class was selling Sees Candy so I order two 2lbs boxes. 1 for L&D nurses and one for Postpartum. 

I have a BP check this morning and need to drop off my 24 hour urine catch at the hospital lab. I'm really annoyed with Kaiser because they don't see you weekly at all, and because they couldn't get me in at 36 weeks they saw me last week at 35 and now I have to wait until 38 to be seen again. If I make it that far I'm going to laugh.

Update: BP and urine in the office were normal. Waiting on results of 24hr urine catch. At this point they are just going to have me come back weekly and be checked. I have strict orders to go to L&D if my vision gets funny or I get a headache that's not helped with tynole.
    I really think the biggest thing is stress from work. I can't wait to be off.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Me! Just a regular 2-weeker today. I'm 34+5, so behind most of y'all. 

Also, when do the do the GBS swab?
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon, I am having my GBS done at my 36 week appointment next Monday.

• I have an appointment later today.  I'm not expecting too much, just the typical urine, weight, BP, HB, etc.  But I am anxious to talk to them about the swelling I've been having.  I kept my feet up pretty much all yesterday (perks of hosting a moving marathon) so now it's not bad at all, but it was absolutely horrendous last week.
    Me: 26 & DH: 25
    Married: August 2014
    TTC since November 2015
    BFP #1 12/17/15 - MC 1/28/16
    BFP #2 4/22/16 - EDD 12/30/16
  • Thanks @Toller, I grabbed some McDonald's on my way into work and it definitely made me feel better :) 
  • Thanks @Toller, I grabbed some McDonald's on my way into work and it definitely made me feel better :) 
    Haha- yes! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Will have one on Wednesday when I'm 36+3..I guess I will not be doing the NST or cervix checks since I am scheduled for a c-section on 12/13? I'm told I won't even be getting any more ultrasounds either. :(

On Wednesday it will just be normal HB and BP checks, and then drawing blood and checking iron, and the HIV test that the hospital requires.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)
  • 38 week check up: I went from 0/firm to 2cm/soft (on my way to 3) since my last appt on Wednesday. The only thing I've changed since then was eating pineapple (I read that it may help soften the cervix, who knows?!) and I attended a prenatal yoga class yesterday morning & used a fitness ball the majority of class. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @capps42613 I had a dream that I ate pineapple and then realized that it can "induce" labor and freaked out lol
  • NST and check up on Wednesday. They won't do cervical checks until I'm past 40 weeks, unless I request them. I'm on the fence about it this week - I'd kind of like to know if my body is prepping internally, but at the same time I know that even if I am dilated it doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to go into labor any time soon.
  • Appointment tomorrow. Normal 38 week appointment, going to try one last time to convince my OB to do the c section earlier than the 39 weeks we have scheduled. It's been absolute hell having HG this whole pregnancy and on top of that we are starting to prep for finals at school. I just need to go ahead and have this baby for my health and sanity. We've been trying to induce labor at home naturally but of course it's not working. I may ask my OB if she has any tips on that if she still won't do the section any earlier. I'd even be fine with it being just a day or two earlier as long as I know I don't have to go a full week of this.
  • I'm 38wks+2. I had my appointment on Friday (37wks+6) and was 2.5cm dilated and 80-90% effaced. Up from 1cm the previous Friday. Doc was like, "You gonna make it to next week?" So I'm kind of freaking out. I'm having BH pretty frequently...not painful or particularly intense, but I'm also confused as to what they're supposed to feel like. I haven't really been keeping a strict count because it just stresses me out. Sometimes I think it's just little dude moving around or I have to pee. I'm also having some lower back soreness, but I'm not sure if that's labor or just me doing too much. 

My next appt is next Monday the 28th...unless I go into labor before then.  :#
    Me: 29 years old
    DH: 30 years old
    Married: October 20, 2012
    TTC Since: March 2016
    BFP: March 27, 2016
    EDD: December 3, 2016
  • Had my 37 week check up this morning. I didn't have a cervix check this week which was weird because I was told last week they would check me every week starting at 36. So who knows. Also when I got my vitals done my heart rate was 130. BP was good 120ish/80ish. They had me chill there for a little bit then retook it manually and with the machine again and it was 129. DR seemed super concerned and kept asking me if I was ok or feeling weird. He listened to my heart some and said if I have any issues to call right away....
    I'll be back in a week for my next appointment.
     Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• @sheshae Mine was 120 at my last appointment. Nurse just mentioned it was high but that was the end of it. She didn't seem concerned. OB didn't mention it. So weird how different practices react to similar numbers. 
  • AbriannaOAbriannaO member
    edited November 2016
    Had my growth scan today with the u/s tech. Hopefully I'll hear from the doctor tomorrow to let me know what everything means. Originally the reason behind the scan was because I was measuring two weeks ahead, tech today said that it's more like 3 weeks. She said that though there is about a 20% margin of error, right now the baby is weighing in at 7 lbs and 3 oz, and is head down. At 35+5 weeks, she said I have a full term baby in there. So now just need to hear from doctor regarding what they think is our plan moving forward. But the tech did say that we would likely be seeing her again before the baby comes. The baby has such a cute face!

We also chose a pediatrician today!

Edit** heard from my Dr already. Baby is in the 83rd percentile for size, 90% for head. She said to keep with my regular weekly appointments for now, but to schedule another ultrasound with my appointment in 3 weeks, which will put me a week before my due date. 
  • No OB or doctor appointments this week. however, were interviewing 3 childcare providers and tomorrow have a meeting greet scheduled with a pediatric group. I'd love to have both selected by the end of next week!

Pregnancy Ticker 

• @PensiveCrayon. I had my GBS done last week at 36 weeks.  

I have my 37 week appointment tomorrow.  I will have a NST since the sonogram tech is out.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I go tomorrow for my 38 weeker. plan to bring up these non stop contractions. maybe he'll check me again and I'll be farther dilated so he will just do the dang c section. that's at 9am. DH has a job interview at 10am so as long as everything holds out until noon, I'll be happy. or if these contractions pick up tonight and we have a baby soon I'd be happy too. DH can reschedule lol.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Had my appointment today.  I brought up the swelling that I called about last week.  That coupled with elevated blood pressure means blood work and a 24 hour urine test.  On the positive note that does mean I get to work from home tomorrow to do the urine collecting.  I am glad they are looking into this because it's been a worry of mine.  My 36 week apportionment is then scheduled for next week which include the GBS test, cervical check, and a growth ultrasound since baby was measuring 2-3 weeks ahead at our 30 week ultrasound.
    Me: 26 & DH: 25
    Married: August 2014
    TTC since November 2015
    BFP #1 12/17/15 - MC 1/28/16
    BFP #2 4/22/16 - EDD 12/30/16
  • 38 wk checkup was today. Nothing new, still pregnant. Baby still hasn't dropped and seems way too content just hanging out in there. Hoping for some excitement soon! Can't even say I've experienced any Braxton hicks yet, though as a FTM I'm probably just clueless that it's happening. Better luck next week I suppose!
  • Had a check up with my OB this morning. BP and HB were good. OB said that he'd recommend induction around my due date if i haven't gone into labor. It was early so that didn't really register until I got to the parking lot and it was too late to ask him why he would at that point and not wait until i was past the due date. Any ideas? My age (38)? Being overweight? I wish I'd thought to ask!
  • @ehoreni - I am also 38 and my OB said that protocol is to induce on your due date for AMA moms.  I'm hoping if I don't go by my due date she will let me ride it out a few more days as long as all looks good for me and baby because I'd really rather not be induced if possible!
  • Thanks @KatieJo1205. That's what i figured, but wish I'd asked. I'm with you on not wanting to be induced if i can help it. 
  • Ugh, went to my 36 week appointment this morning and they had to reschedule it for tomorrow morning because the doctors were too busy delivering other babies. Not that I'm not happy for those new Mamas, but it would have been nice to get a phone call rather than drive all the way to the hospital!

• ***update*** Had my 37wk appt today; Dr wasn't concerned about spotting or contractions, did a cervical check and I'm still high, tight and closed, still on track for RCS 12/6. However, he did put me on travel restrictions and I now have to work from home.... which will be challenging. Ah well, only 7 more business days left, including today, so I can make that work!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just left my 38wk appt. 2 cm dilated 80% effaced. Baby is measuring on the small side in the 23rd%, 3 weeks ago she was in the 45th% - Dr is a little concerned with the gestational diabetes and all. Induction date is set for 12/1. It's weird having a date. Also contractions after cervical checks can be brutal.

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Update: I have oral thrush (yay). Also been super crampy today and told my OB about that and the awful L&D experience I had Thursday. Found out they didn't even run the urine or blood sample I gave in the lab on Thursday so I had to redo that. She said if I'm still cramping in an hour or two to go back to L&D and get monitored, said we could be having baby today since I'm 1cm dilated and thinning out. She also really stressed to us that she can't schedule me before 39 weeks but that if anything happens like bleeding, contractions, more nausea, or my water breaking to come in and she may be able to go ahead and do the c section. She just isn't allowed to schedule it beforehand, and I get it, I don't want to get her in trouble. I just want baby to be here already!
  • 37w appointment today. HB sounds good. Blood pressure is good. Not dilated at all but said that I'm "thinned out" and that she can feel that baby boy dropped. She swabbed me because I'm pretty sure I have a yeast infection so we will see. I go back next week for my 38 week appointment. 
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • 36 week app today. Had growth scan. I asked not to know his weight estimate unless it was concerning. All good there. Fundal height still 34 but since ultrasound was good we're not concerned. GBS swab. Declined cervix check and we were in our way. Waiting at cvs now to get tdap because OB doesn't have them.