March 2017 Moms

Randoms! 11/21

2»

Re: Randoms! 11/21

• @kap1988 Motherhood Maternity has some decent priced work clothes. They also have different styles of pants, which I find is lacking with some companies as all they have are skinny pants. Not everyone wants to wear that!
  • @kiyamurph It looks like there's a few of those in my area.  I'm going to check them out.  My usual places are failing me.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • LONGEST WEEK EVER!!!! 
    1... honestly not looking forward to thanksgiving day bc my MIL has been bully-making fun of me (OH HER BACK HURTS HAHAHHAHAHA, oh she has to nap again HAHAHHAHAHHA) i actually got into a pretty big fight with DH about how he needs to defend me when his mother is bullying me and its NOT FUNNY that i have to rest or FUNNY my back hurts.... I'm carrying twins and its hard...... and IM not giving her a problem. SHE's the one picking on me. She the one with issues.

2... black friday i am going to the hospital to see my MFM who is taking time out just to see me and hopefully get my 1st round of steroids. i hope the babies are doing well. i am very tired this week... and its only tuesday! 

SaveSave
  • @kap1988 I agree with the awkward family conversations.. or when one sibling wants to take the keys and the other doesn't. and ya, I never have luck with kohl's or target maternity. I find more deals on line for motherhood maternity but I get that you'd probably want to try things on the first time. I've also heard good things about Walmart maternity especially their inexpensive nursing bras so I might be checking that out in the near future.
  • This thread is full of shocking information, yet somehow the thing that shocked me the most was the thought that pyrex dishes are not actually indestructible like I had thought. I put mine through hell and back over the years and haven't had one shatter yet... *knocks on wood*

Haha. Right!? I ended up googling it to see if it was a common occurance or what the deal was, and it turns out people have literally had them "explode" on them!!  General rule apparently is that the dish will usually have a small chip or something that leads to this :scream: so I guess I was just lucky to have it randomly crack into a bunch of pieces. I'll definitely be handling the rest of mine with a bit more added caution in future
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    edited November 2016
    The bump is acting up and I'm having withdrawals 

just me?? It's not showing me any posts from today, reverting stuff back to yesterday. 
  • My husband made our Pyrex explode. He totally did not understand the baked potato button on the microwave....long story short it was reduced to charcoal. When he took it out into the cool air it exploded. Our laminate floor still had the scars from where potato coals melted the plastic!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My husband made our Pyrex explode. He totally did not understand the baked potato button on the microwave....long story short it was reduced to charcoal. When he took it out into the cool air it exploded. Our laminate floor still had the scars from where potato coals melted the plastic!
    Oh my gosh!! That's terrifying!! 
  • kjd291 said:
    The bump is acting up and I'm having withdrawals 

just me?? It's not showing me any posts from today, reverting stuff back to yesterday. 
    All the posts from today are gone for me too. :(
  • Yep. Website was down for like 2 hours for maintenance. They must not have backed it up right before they did the maintenance or something 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • npaulie said:
    Yep. Website was down for like 2 hours for maintenance. They must not have backed it up right before they did the maintenance or something 
    Boooooooo. 

• I just got a notice from the MFM I saw yesterday on my "patient portal" basically, it was just notification that my urine test was OK. I glanced at the diagnosis/notes and wish I hadn't. 

Despite having my correct birth date (I'm 33), they had me down as AMA! They also have me listed as obese...
    WHICH MAY TECHNICALLY BE TRUE by the BMI chart, but I'm also growing two babies! Now I'm sad. I have larger frame and wore size 12/14 pre-pregnancy.

THANKS FOR RUINING MY DAY, MFM!
  • yea it was down earlier for me too...hopefully the posts from today show up again!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @direwolfmini oh my gosh! That's so annoying! 

I noticed the paperwork handed to me at my office for weight and BMI wasn't pre-pregnancy either, but an extra 15lbs, so I was listed as obese too.  Hate being just a number in a chart :angry:
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    edited November 2016
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1307591235929938&id=691679627521105

GUYS. We each get one of these soon ^^^

Not sure if it will link, but it's sooo cute I had to try. 
  • mtmama2mtmama2 member
    edited November 2016
    @kjd291 I watched that last night over and over again! Soo stinkin CUTE!!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Ugh, I got a new bar for my son's clubfoot brace and I was SO EXCITED because it will let his feet move independently. But it's broken. Now I have to wait all the way until Friday to call to figure out if this is something I can fix myself or if I need a new part :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kjd291 It is really irritating!

I know I'm overweight, and probably technically obese, but there is something about seeing it in print that is really upsetting. 

Some background: I was morbidly obese in my teens - age 22. At my highest I was a size 22/24 and at one point I had lost 115 lbs... but i gained about 40 back and THEN i got pregnant and have already gained 27 lbs at 23 weeks... I am terrified to get up (or be THIS CLOSE) to my highest weight.

I get that some people use pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever they want, but that's not me! I'm hoping that it pays dividends with big babies (for twins, big would be 6 or 7 lbs) and relatively quick weight loss.  :/
  • @CoconutKisses21 that's the same one I put on my registry. Hope you like it.

• @serenity13 Yay! Congrats to your sister and how fun it would be to have a joint baby shower!
  • @direwolfmini try not to worry! **i know, lots easier said than done!  I more easily reached my smallest post baby--breastfeeding plus chasing after small humans is no joke!  ;) you're doing a great job - don't get discouraged :*

@CoconutKisses21 Yay for getting the car seat checked off your list!  Glad it's tester approved ;)

@serenity13 I am so happy to hear that news! What a blessing for them, for your whole family, but also a great removal of stress for you with sharing YOUR joy and pregnancy with someone you know has struggled on this journey. So glad you now can embrace the idea of a shower without worry! 
  • I hope I am not breaking any rules right now, just hoping for a bit of help! My sister is doing some research for an MBA project right now and is looking for feedback from parents of all kinds. It is a quick survey on new parent experiences: https://goo.gl/forms/FuMY7Nu4zBQBUeiI2 Currently she has mainly received responses from other University students which is not giving them quite the wide demographic result they are hoping for.

Thank you to anyone who decides to lend a few minutes and I am sincerely sorry if I am breaking any rules!!
  • @direwolfmini I know how you're feeling.  I lost about 60 pounds in the year leading up to getting pregnant, and honestly, even though I know its necessary, the numbers on the scale creeping up do give me a bit of anxiety.

@serenity13 awwwww YAY!!!  Congratulations!!!!!!!!!  How exciting!!

@CoconutKisses21 those pics are too cute!! Happy little kitties!!

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!!  Hope everyone had a great day!!
    Me: 36  DH: 35.
    Married: 8/2005.
    BFP: 6/22/2016 EDD: 3/4/2017.