July 2017 Moms
Options

STM Check In 11/16

Re: STM Check In 11/16

• Options
    Yes! So glad to see a couple other September 15 mamas - welcome to July, @yellow1daisy!
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far? Not 100% sure, I believe 6w5d. 

How old are your other kids?DS is 14 months!

Symptoms? Different/Same? Soooo different so far. I had zero nausea with DS. This time I'm nauseous around the clock. I feel sick after I eat and just off and on waves of nausea! I have no idea how I will fake feeling normal for family thanksgiving tomorrow?! I haven't even had a doctor conform yet, so I don't want to share just yet. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? just anxious to hear a heartbeat and have my first checkup! I really want to know my edd! My obgyn is new because my old obgyn moved recently! Kinda heartbroken about it. He was very calm and great. But in a fun twist, I gave birth on a holiday last time so I switched to the on call doctor who delivered my DS! He was an amazing obgyn and I look forward to getting to know him more!!! We have already been though so much together! LOL 

GTKY? What is one thing you want to do differently this time around? not sure?! I'll have to think about it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you @ktewart and @LoveLee85 I love seeing you mamas here too  <3
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• Options
    How far along are you? 7 weeks 2 days 

How old are your kiddos? (and names if you're comfortable telling) 17 months 

Symptoms? How is this pregnancy different from the first? How is it the same? So much nausea. I was very sick with DS but I felt some relief from throwing up. This time I'm not throwing up but living in a constant state of nausea. And all kinds of food aversions and smells. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm so excited to tell family on Thanksgiving and finally not have to hide feeling like crap. And counting down the days to the second trimester and praying for symptoms to decrease! 

GTKY: What is one thing you want to do differently this time around? I want to worry less. I was constantly worried about foods I was eating, his development and crazy little things. I want to enjoy it more this time around. And gain less weight! 

• Options
    How far along are you?
    6w 1d

How old are your kiddos? (and names if you're comfortable telling) Max-2

Symptoms? How is this pregnancy different from the first? How is it the same? I'm super nauseous and bloated early on this time, which I wasn't last time. On the plus side my skin looks awesome, which also happened last time.. but probably from the tons of water I'm drinking since I am thirsty and peeing 24/7 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Constantly thinking about what the 3 year age gap will be like! 

GTKY: What is one thing you want to do differently this time around?
     Eat better and be more active throughout the pregnancy. Although the exhaustion is making that difficult right now 

• Options
    mars8kmars8k member
    edited November 2016
    How far along are you? 7+1

How old are your kiddos? (and names if you're comfortable telling) DD is 1 and a half

Symptoms? How is this pregnancy different from the first? How is it the same? this 1 is definately tougher in terms of food aversion and "morning" sickness, with my first i didn't feel much until 8 weeks and even then it was triggered by things so i just had to figure it out. i even told my mum i think it's twins cause i'm suffering so much lol but i know it's not.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I HATE the first trimester! you get all the agony and nothing in return! i can't wait for the second trimester where i'll get to know the gender and feel the baby!

GTKY: What is one thing you want to do differently this time around? not gain as much weight during pregnancy and after my baby is born i will introduce pacifiers on the first week and i will let people watch the baby for at least an hour everyday so he/she wont get as attached as my first was and still is. oh and work on losing the baby weight right after delivery!

• Options
    @mars8k Those sound like some great goals learned from quite the experience lol
  • Options
    How far along are you? 5 + 3

How old are your kiddos? (and names if you're comfortable telling) 2.5 years old

Symptoms? How is this pregnancy different from the first? How is it the same? Sore boobs and light nausea is starting

Rant/Rave/Questions? anxiously awaiting our first ultrasound

GTKY: What is one thing you want to do differently this time around? I will try to worry less (easier said than done) and hopefully gain less

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    How far along are you?
    5 weeks
    How old are your kiddos? (and names if you're comfortable telling)
    My daughter, Ella Virginia, is 3.5
    Symptoms? How is this pregnancy different from the first? How is it the same? 
    I'm mostly just really, really, really tired. With my first I was already constantly vomiting. I am really hoping to avoid having hypermesis gravidarum again!!!
    Rant/Rave/Questions?
    My husband is not the biological father of my first, though he's raised her since she was 5 months old. But he has never dealt with me pregnant. He doesn't understand the fatigue. He wants me to call the doctor for every symptom to see what they can do. News flash, this is pregnancy, there's nothing they can do. 
    Nothing in specific. But this whole experience is just entirely different. I was only 21, single, and in a really tough life space dealing with an unplanned pregnancy with my first. This baby was conceived with IVF and very much planned for and dreamed of and my husband  is wonderful. There is so much more joy this time, not fear. My daughter is the best thing that ever happened to me, but the pregnancy was a nightmare physically and emotionally. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    5 weeks and 1 day

How old are your kiddos?
    My son, baby O, is 17 months

Symptoms? How is this pregnancy the same/different?  No symptoms really as of yet, maybe some very minor food aversions. It feels very much the same as last time except for the fact that I am just terrified this time, for some reason. With my son, I just knew the whole time that he was perfect and everything was ok. With this one I am petrified. So afraid of getting preeclampsia again (only got it during delivery last time but still *technically* I did) and that the baby will come early or be harmed by my blood pressure. I'm sure my blood pressure would improve if I would just calm the hell down. 

Rant/Rave/Questions: this baby was a major shock for us, I definitely didn't think I was ready for baby two. My son and I do everything together---maybe to a fault---so I'm guessing how other STMs have encorpotated the new baby, especially during the newborn phase? I feel so bad that my son won't have the same days out, since I don't like to take newborns out for several months at least (I hardly took my son anywhere in public until he was one
  • Options
    @ACharnelle don't worry about taking baby out. The sunshine and fresh air especially in the summer is so good for both you and baby. Even if all you do is take walks enjoy the vitamin D. Talk to your doctor if you are worried but staying inside and isolated can be much more damaging than anything outside unless there is a health issue. 
  • Options
    @ACharnelle I was diagnosed with preeclampsia during delivery too! My HR went down on its own and I had zero complications as a result, but I am nervous too about getting it this pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @ACharnelle one thing that helped me when I was pregnant with my second was to realize that she was never going to get to experience being an only child and all the things that my son and I did together so it felt like a trade off. My son didn't start caring until about 2 weeks after I had my daughter, that's when our behavior issues showed up but we made sure to include him in everything i.e getting diapers for baby, helping pick out clothes, etc. and that seemed to help 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Options
    How far along are you?
    I think 5 weeks 
    16 months 
    I'm tired. Morning sickness started today and my hips/neck hurt. Only thing that's different is that I haven't been peeing a million times at night but I'm sure that'll start soon. 
    Rant/Rave/Questions?
    I don't have my first doctor's appointment for another couple of weeks and am freaking out. 
    Babywear from day one. I got very comfortable wearing my son around 5 months. I'd start from the very first week home this time around because its nice having them close, it helps with keeping baby calm and most importantly it helps to have free hands! 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    6 weeks 4 days
    David is 10 months today
    I had a day or two of pretty constant nausea last week but other than that, pretty much the same-- mostly exhausted, some food aversions. I got a cold a few days ago which doesn't help. Oh, and last time I wasn't nursing a baby with my sore nipples... ouch!
    Rant/Rave/Questions?
    My biggest concern at the moment is if I'm pregnant with twins (I do have several factors that make it more likely than average, but still I know it's a long shot). In addition to worrying about caring for 3 under 2, I also think I'd be advised to stop BF my little guy, which I really don't want to do. Of course twins would be a blessing also... anyway, I'm anxious for my appointment in 2 weeks! 
    As many of you have already said, I'd like to gain less weight this time (47 lbs last time, and I'm starting out 5 lbs heavier). I'd also like to be more active during my pregnancy. Given that walking is right around the corner for DS, I expect he'll help keep me on my toes. 
  • Options
    BabyBump2BabyBump2 member
    edited November 2016
    How far along are you?
    Based on my LMP I'm 7+4. I ovulate late and my last two appts they haven't seen a baby. I go tomorrow for a viability scan..
    Giana is 5, O'Ryan is 3 and Easton is almost 11 months. 
    I'm a massive b*tch. I was never this way with my son. I also seem to be taking everything to the extreme for absolutely no reason. I'm fairly sure my husband doesn't even want to be in the same room as me. 
    Rant/Rave/Questions?
    My biggest concern at the moment is if I'm even still pregnant. I am PGAL. My brain is my current worst enemy. One minute I'm perfectly fine, the next minute I'm freaking out and losing my mind. Thankfully tomorrow we will know what's going on. 
    Not gain so much weight. With Easton it was a problem because I was staying in the Army. I plan on getting out with this pregnancy. It's still a big deal, but I won't be under excessive amounts of pressure. 
  • Options
    mama2stepmamamama2stepmama member
    edited November 2016
    How far along are you? 5 weeks +1
    How old are your kiddos? (and names if you're comfortable telling)  Katelynn is 11, Kylie is 9 and my stepdaughter Kiera just turned 11 yesterday
    Symptoms? How is this pregnancy different from the first? How is it the same? So far, it's the same....sore boobs and exhaustion
    Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm sort of freaking out about having another baby 10 years later....its been a long time since I was pregnant last. 
    GTKY: What is one thing you want to do differently this time around? Cut out the sugar and the caffeine
    Jenn, mama to Big K (6/05) and Little K (5/07) and stepmama to Midde K (11/05)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Dcwtada you're so right about fresh air. I have no problem taking a newborn out to a park or even a friends home, it's just some of the activities I do with my son that I would worry about (like story time, Gymboree). But you're right, there will be plenty of outdoor adventures for us to explore together, especially when fall comes!

@mamadcb my midwife has asked me to take a dose of baby aspirin every day starting at 6 weeks, she thinks it will improve my odds. Fingers crossed for us but it's hard to keep your blood pressure low with a toddler, am I right?!

@cssme13 you're right, new baby is really never going to know what he or she is missing. How old was your son when your number two came along? Mine will be 2 years 1 month, so I'm wondering how much he will really care. Thank all of you ladies for the encouragement! It means so much.

• Options
    @ACharnelle Thanks! I hadn't heard of that. I will look into it/ask at my next appointment. Good to know! 
  • Options
    lets hope this is the right place to ask this, is anyone else starting this pregnancy with the previous pregnancy's weight? i gained 48 and lost only 22 pounds
  • Options
    @mars8k, much as it pains me to say it, yes. I only gained 27 lbs last time, but I've only lost 15 of it, so I basically lost the weight of my son (just shy of 9 lbs), the placenta, and some water weight. It's frustrating, and life circumstances have me in a very difficult place to actually try to be maintaining. Hopefully things even out soon or I'm going to feel like a whale.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ktewart i'm sorry to say thing but i'm glad i'm not alone, (even though i have it way worse 25 extra pounds lol) hopefully we wont gain as much this time around!
  • Options
    Yeah I'm up about 15 lbs
  • Options
    Yeah I got pregnant at my heaviest at the time. I managed to only gain 19, but i gained more BFing and though i just recently lost some, I still have extra.
  • Options
    Hanging my head in shame, I lost the baby weight but gained half back. 
  • Options
    I'm only 6 pounds up from my original weight but that's only because I lost 7 in the last month before I found out about this surprise pregnancy.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @mars8k, I am starting at what I was 9 months pregnant last time. Trying not to gain too much weight this time! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7weeks + 4 days
    How old are your kiddos? (and names if you're comfortable telling) DS is 2.5.
    Symptoms? How is this pregnancy different from the first? How is it the same? Pretty much the same as last time. Nausea, worse in the evenings. It feels like it's worse this time, but I may have just forgotten.
    Rant/Rave/Questions? Not much this week. We moved over the weekend. My life is in chaos. My mom came to help and I feel like I barely got to see her. I told her about the baby, and she's working on telling the rest of the family for me. 
    GTKY: What is one thing you want to do differently this time around? I want to try to be more active this time, and force myself to get out the of the house after baby is born. I was a hermit for the first 2-3 weeks last time. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 5w + 4d

How old are your kiddos? (and names if you're comfortable telling) DD1 is almost 14mo old. 

Symptoms? How is this pregnancy different from the first? How is it the same? My boobs don't hurt this time. I am getting a little nauseated right before dinner time, similar to previous pregnancy. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Just really surprised and nervous but can't stop smiling. I'm also worried they'll catch on real quick at work because they know all my excuses not to drink. They often have drinks on Fridays an hour before the day ends. Also scared about money. We are kind of breaking even with one kid. 

GTKY: What is one thing you want to do differently this time around? Eat less candy, and make sure my legs and core stay strong to prevent pains. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? 5 weeks
    How old are your kiddos? (and names if you're comfortable telling) I-2.5
    Symptoms? How is this pregnancy different from the first? How is it the same? A lot of cramping at the begining, which I don't remember, and really sore boobs right away. I have been flirting with nausea, but nothing yet. Still really early.
    Rant/Rave/Questions? Was hoping this go around I would be a little less stressed, and was hoping to lose another 15 lbs before we got pregnant. Having to chill out of my horseback riding as well is going to get me down in the dumps.
    GTKY: What is one thing you want to do differently this time around? TW: last time we had a vanishing twin. So I'm trying  not to tell people until we reach the 12 week mark. I will never get over my own flesh and blood telling me the next day that I still had one healthy baby and I had to get over it. Thanksgiving should be interesting. I totally lose any filter while pg.
    Me: 33 DH:34
    DD: 4-5-14

• Options
    kinge16 said:

GTKY: What is one thing you want to do differently this time around? TW: last time we had a vanishing twin. So I'm trying  not to tell people until we reach the 12 week mark. I will never get over my own flesh and blood telling me the next day that I still had one healthy baby and I had to get over it. Thanksgiving should be interesting. I totally lose any filter while pg.
    Me too. It was devastating. I plan to wait too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @ACharnelle my son was a couple months away from being 2 so he was definitely still pretty young but he definitely noticed that things changed 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Options

How far along are you? 6 weeks 3 days
    How old are your kiddos? (and names if you're comfortable telling) 18 months
    Symptoms? How is this pregnancy different from the first? How is it the same? I have started having waves of nausea and I am exhausted 24/7. This is the same as last time. I am still breastfeeding my son and having some nipple soreness. 
    Rant/Rave/Questions?  RANT. I had an ear infection on Tuesday and my ear drum ruptured in the middle of the night. It was the most painful thing ever! Now I'm at work working the night shift with a busted ear drum. 
    GTKY: What is one thing you want to do differently this time around? Chill the F out. I feel like I was too overly anxious which made my baby crazy. I am hoping that if I am more relaxed, the baby will be more chill (and sleep more). Lol. 

• Options
    Okay ladies. I carry extra weight in my midsection, and especially since DS was born 10 months ago it is by no means firm below my belly button. So noticing a distinction between flab, bloat and baby bump will take a while, which is fine! My question is this: are any of you experiencing firm, protruding belly *above* the belly button yet? It seems wayyy early for that but even my husband agrees it's pretty undeniable. Just wondered what you other STM and STM+ have experienced with uterine growth in your subsequent pregnancies.
  • Options
    @mamadcb yep. My firmness is a good inch or two above belly button. This is 5th pregnancy with 3 1/2 years between but it's definitely consistent. Not firm just for a short amount of time. My 3rd and 4th pregnancies were only 8 weeks apart so my uterus definitely didn't have time to go back down to normal so I know that's why I showed so early then. Not sure why this time.
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @mamadcb, I definitely am! Currently 7 + 4  and have a noticeable pregnant belly. I also carry some extra weight in my midsection, but this is definitely different. This is baby #2 for me
  • Options
    All my extra weight goes to my midsection so I looked 5 months pregnant before I was actually pregnant yikes! So now that I'm pregnant again my stomach is out of control! 
  • Options
    @mamabcb, YES! I'm normally a size 12, so I don't have a flat stomach, but holy moly, my belly has definitely changed shape and popped! I actually asked the same question on the symptoms thread because I was in disbelief at how quickly the belly appeared this time. And yes, it's all above the belly button. I didn't realize that was what the uterine growth was, but that totally makes sense. 

This is my 4th pregnancy (2 previous full term babies and a loss at 16 weeks).  I think I'm about 5w3d, will find out more when I have my first appointment this Wednesday. 
  • Options
    Mine hasn't popped yet. I'm jealous! Right now I just look a hot mess. Lol. I have actually slimed down from lack of being able to eat for several weeks now and being sick. My 14 month old son it's way more in a day than I do, sadly. I do have this fear I will tell people I'm pregnant and they will think I'm wayyyy further along than I really am! Lol I didn't have an actual round noticeable bump until 6/7 months. I have a very small natural waste line, but hips for days. I just think there is a lot of room for that baby before it gets obvious I'm pregnant. So basically for MONTHS I just took like a slob. It's horrible. I want a round bump NOW!!!! My pants are skinny, high wasted jeans. They fit horrible right now. They are so uncomfortable. The only thing that looks pregnant on me are my thighs!!!! 
  • Options
    How old are your kiddos? (and names if you're comfortable telling) Carter 19 months
    Exhausted and super sick feeling. I remember having some nausea with Carter but not so crippling. I already have pregnancy brain... I can't think of easy words and keep burning dinner.. don't worry I only miss it by like a couple of minutes - enough to ruin my day not enough to burn down the house. 
    Rant/Rave/Questions?
    I want my husband trained and ready for the delivery room... he had no idea what to do last time!!!