December 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointments 11.14

2»

Re: Weekly Appointments 11.14

• Options
    @Kate08Young I swore you were going to be one of the first D16 births. Can't believe you're that dilated and they haven't admitted you. Hang in there, girl  :|
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @jandd2014 Since the contractions aren't 'making my cervix change enough' each hour its not 'true' labor.

What a crock.

@capps42613 I did too, and to be honest I'm getting angry that not only has it been such a difficult pregnancy, but I'm due on 12/1 and everyone after me is having babies.

ETA: I'm not angry at the ladies who have their squishes. I'm angry at my body/LO who can't seem to get on the same page.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    37 week appointment today. I had to see a different doctor because mine was unavailable today. This doctor had the charts mixed up and she said that they wouldn't have to do an exam because I'm having a c-section. Ummm... what? Not that I know of! That was fun. 

BP fine, cervix still closed, baby's heartbeat fine... I'm ready for things to start progressing. 
  • Options
    37 week appt revealed still no dilation & cervix is firm. Convinced I will be pregnant forever  :p
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    Hugs @Kate08Young...I can't believe they sent you home at 6 cm dialated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • Options
    bookworm8622bookworm8622 member
    edited November 2016
    Had my 36 week appt today (36w + 2d). 2cm dilated, cervix is soft and thinning, and at the -1 station for dropping/lightening.

I have the GD diagnosis (stable without meds, also prior PCOS diagnosis), so because my 36 week ultrasound showed baby's weight at 16th percentile (5lb 7oz), I now have to do weekly BPPs (first one on Monday). Amniotic fluid and everything looked great at the 36 week ultrasound, but need to make sure movement and everything is fine. If I score low on that, they will induce ASAP (AH!)

Starting to freak out because 1.) I want baby to be ok and 2.) I'm supposed to move on 11/27...
  • Options
    @bookworm8622 they were all concerned about high birth weight due to GD, so now that it's low can you go back to eating like normal???
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

• Options
    @1982Babies I know, right?? But still have to worry about potential hypoglycemia for the baby. Damned if you do, damned if you don't!
  • Options
    @bookworm8622 - ughh.  good luck at your BPP!
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

• Options
    So I just got back from L&D take two after my appointment today due to my BP. Appointment was normal minus the BP. Did the GBS swab and cervix check. I was 1 cm dilated and ouch that was uncomfortable to check.

Did a BPP while in L&D, he got an 8/8 score but my AFL is a 5.4 so they want me to come back tomorrow and do another BPP. I'm also doing a 24 hr urine test in the mean time. Trying not to freak out, worry, or google AFL levels...but my fingers are itching to study. I'm thinking they may have to take him if it's that low, yes? Anyone know? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Austenista I forget what the numbers are in the range, but unless its outside the safe range be at least an entire number - they should just have extra monitoring. Definitely a question to ask tomorrow though.

• Options
    Update: had 35 week appointment today ( couldn't get me in at 36 weeks) had GSB test and ultrasound to check position. He's head down and measuring on track. She did a cervical check and cervix is closed and he's not dropped a lot.

My BP was slightly elevated for the second time ( last time at my recheck a few days later it was down) and since I've had a headache she ordered blood work and a 24 hour urine catch just to be safe. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know I already posted on here pre-appointment, and I've said it on other boards. But I just feel a little down because at my 36w appt yesterday, My cervix was completely closed and not at all effaced. I know my lack of dilation is partly why I ended up with c-section my first time, and RCS my second time, but it sucks. This is our last baby, and I will never get to experience my water breaking or going into labor on my own. But it sure makes me grateful for modern medicine, because without c-sections, well, I wouldn't be able to get my babies out. 
    Also had high BP at appointment, and hoping to keep it in check. Fingers crossed!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    38 week appointment was today - 1cm dilated & 70% effaced! 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Options
    My U/S went well yesterday, measured a day ahead of schedule and the tech guesses that baby girl weighs a whopping 8 pounds *covers eyes with hands* I seriously hope she is wrong a bit LOL I hope to find out more at my OB appointment tomorrow
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Just left my 37 week appointment, NST in a half an hour.  My BP was high and there was a trace amount of protein in my urine.  So after my NST I'm heading to L&D to get labwork done and monitor my BP.  Depending on how it comes out the OB said they might decide to induce today if it's just pregnancy induced hypertension to avoid possible pre-e.  I'm a little freaked out by that and I'm hoping the BP was a fluke (the waiting room was high stress today and several patients had high BP).  

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    @karmba oh wow that's an intense possibility! Keep us in the loop when you can! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    38 week appt today. No dilation. Cervix is "softer than it was" and Dr is already talking about induction. I'm not entertaining that until after my due date. Got some advice from some of you lovely ladies, am gonna head to the store soon in search of primrose oil and red raspberry leaf tea! 
    I don't mind helping things along outside of the hospital, but I'm avoiding a medical induction as long as I can. 
  • Options
    @yellingbanana I'm sorry that cervix is stressing for you! I keep wanting to respond... up until time to push, cervix estimates can mean nothing! But I know you've been through it all before...
    I'm declining cervix checks til time to push. If they decide they need one to admit me that's fine but any others they insist on, which I don't expect, I'll ask them not to share their estimate. I just find it sets up expectations that aren't appropriate- you can't tell how much longer labor will be by the cervix. Fact.

also just a reminder that late stage ultrasounds have big margins of error for weight estimates. I understand them as a +\- a couple lbs...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    Hugs @Kate08Young.  It's been a roller coaster ride for you for sure.

@karmba, hope that your BP regulates and that the trace amount of protein was nothing to worry about.  Update us when you can.

Had my 38 week appt today...pretty uneventful all in all.  1cm dialated.  

My next appt isn't until the Monday after Thanksgiving.  If I make it until then, I will be pregnant about a week longer than I ever have been before, so we'll see.  Personally, I don't think this kiddo is in any kind of hurry to vacate the premises.

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @slartybartfast My hospital has to check at least 2x an hour apart. They wont admit you unless you are showing enough cervical change. Just a heads up that your hospital might be the same.

@H4aPartyof5 Thank you. Just 6 days until induction. 6 long ass days.

• Options
    37 week appointment today, going in for fluids later tonight and I am 1 cm dilated and OB confirmed I lost my mucus plug because I lost it in the office. It'll probably regenerate but I'm hoping to get some good contractions going at some point this weekend. She didn't say how effaced I was but said at this point that if I come in and am contracting at all she'll go ahead and do the c section. She also did the GBS swab and another swab to see if any amniotic fluid is leaking, which it's not.
  • Options
    37 week appointment today. I am dilated 1cm and 50% effaced. Doc was able to touch Squish's head. My fundal height was 35, but last week it was 36, so he thinks it's because Squish dropped even more. I have no clue how, as last week Squish was also right on my cervix. But there was a healthy heartbeat and movement so he's not concerned. GBS came back negative, too. And I lost 3 pounds from last week, something else he wasn't concerned about. Now I'm dealing with a pissed off baby because their personal space was invaded. Kid needs to learn to gtf over it...
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Peri appt today with another set of pre-e bloodwork and drop off of my 24hr urine catch. Both sets of bloodwork and yrine came back normal, so now they are stumped as to why I've gained ~22 lbs(mostly water weight due to fluid retention) in 3 weeks, have a headache that won't go away with meds, nausea, and swelling every where. I've had some slight upper right stomach pain, and shortness of breath as well. All in all, I feel like crap. Ultrasound revealed everything is fine with baby. I know measurements can be off quite a bit this late in, but doc said with DD's size being factored in with how this LO is measuring, they're expecting him to be ~9 lbs in 2 weeks at my RCS. 
  • Options
    @Kate08Young - just checked with midwife today - she confirmed I don't have to have a single check the whole time. If there's some good reason that comes up I'm all for it but for me it's just extra info that makes me think things should be happening a certain way when really it doesn't mean that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    I just had my 37 week appointment. Lucky for me, it was pretty uneventful. My OB's practice doesn't do cervical checks until 38 week and even those are optional, so it was just BP, weight, a quick chat and heartbeat check. My BP was slightly higher than normal (~128/85 ish) and I gained a whole half a pound but mostly, as I joked with my co-workers as I was leaving, they basically told me "yep, you're still pregnant." 
    EQD born 12/15!

• Options
    Waiting at my Ob's office for a NST. Baby hasn't been moving as much or as strongly as usual. So of course while I sit here and wait, he starts moving more normally. Can't be too careful though, right? 

• Options
    I had mine on Friday.  I'm 4cm dilated, 80% effaced, and -1 station. Baby is doing well. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers