Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Flame Free Newbie Playdate - Come On In!

Re: Flame Free Newbie Playdate - Come On In!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    bosco213bosco213 member
    edited October 2014
    bosco213 said:
    I'm on the crazy train already and I'm only 3DPO. We missed O-1 and O this month, someone reassure me that it's totally possible to get pregnant by hitting O-2 and O-3!
    @bosco213 - It seems like a lot of people get worried about not hitting O or O-1, or "only" having sex O-2. But look at the chart! Seems like O-2 is ideal.

Ooh I like it! Thanks everyone for your responses :) I had a bad feeling about this month from the start since we're TTA for November & December. 

Me - 26 
    DH - 27

TTC #1 since July 2014
    BFP! Oct 18, EDD July 2, 2015

It's a GIRL!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    uromysuromys member
    edited October 2014
    bosco213 said:
    bosco213 said:
    I'm on the crazy train already and I'm only 3DPO. We missed O-1 and O this month, someone reassure me that it's totally possible to get pregnant by hitting O-2 and O-3!
    @bosco213 - It seems like a lot of people get worried about not hitting O or O-1, or "only" having sex O-2. But look at the chart! Seems like O-2 is ideal.

Ooh I like it! Thanks everyone for your responses :) I had a bad feeling about this month from the start since we're TTA for November & December. 

I conceived DD O-5 if not O-6. We weren't "trying", but not avoiding it either. From that day until two weeks post O we didn't DTD.

Edit: Missing a word

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

• Options
    Which months/cycles should I officially count in my time TTC? I've had several really short (12-day) cycles as well as one where we totally missed the fertile window.

• Options
    amc2511 said:

Which months/cycles should I officially count in my time TTC? I've had several really short (12-day) cycles as well as one where we totally missed the fertile window.

I can't speak for everybody, but personally, I would only count cycles where I knew I'd had sex during my FW.
    Number One: Born 06.16.2009
    BFP: 01.17.2014 / MC 02.05.2014
    BFP: 03.08.2014 / MMC: 05.07.2014
    Dx: Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
    Currently on the bench. [Chart]

• Options

amc2511 said:

I can't speak for everybody, but personally, I would only count cycles where I knew I'd had sex during my FW.
    That's what I've been doing in the WTO/2WW threads. It makes sense to only count the ones where we would've have had a chance of conceiving.

• Options

Do any of your SOs take supplements for sperm count or do anything else that might help the TTC process?  I've read that folic acid, zinc sulfate, vitamin C, and selenium might all help sperm production but I have no clue if there's any validity to that.

No, but we have no reason to believe he has a sperm issue.

This reminds me of the girl that was making her husband eat "sperm healthy trail mix." LOL.

That's funny
  • Options
    Do any of your SOs take supplements for sperm count or do anything else that might help the TTC process?  I've read that folic acid, zinc sulfate, vitamin C, and selenium might all help sperm production but I have no clue if there's any validity to that.
    We've read that too. My husband is already taking multivitamins, but he's considering supplementing those with extra zinc, vitamin C, and B vitamins. I wouldn't have suggested him taking vitamins if he hadn't expressed that he was worried about having issues with his sperm.
  • Options
    Is there anyway to tell someone has quoted you without looking through an entire thread you have responded on? I have always wondered and hoped I didn't ignore someone's comment by not having a notification of some sort.
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Options
    I have just started charting/temping the past week even though AF has not returned since stopping the depo shot. Everything I've read says to expect above 98 post O and below 98 pre O. My temps have all been low 98s, so does that mean I may have ovulated or do some people just run higher temps? Or am I just over analyzing and I really need to temp longer to see my patterns?
  • Options
    bdbxoxo said:
    I have just started charting/temping the past week even though AF has not returned since stopping the depo shot. Everything I've read says to expect above 98 post O and below 98 pre O. My temps have all been low 98s, so does that mean I may have ovulated or do some people just run higher temps? Or am I just over analyzing and I really need to temp longer to see my patterns?
    The actual temperature doesn't matter, it's the shift you're looking for. Orally, I'm normally low 97's and vaginally I'm high 97s and low 98s.
    TTGP Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails

My Chart
  • Options
    bosco213 said:

That chart saved me from crazy train several times!  Love that chart. 
    TTC since 5/2014 
    Aug 15 January Siggy Challenge:  Favorite "mean girl" from tv/movies

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    bdbxoxo said:
    My temps are all in the 96s or 97s.  Four months of temping and no 98s yet.  I guess I run cool.
  • Options
    sdfonz619 said:
    Is there anyway to tell someone has quoted you without looking through an entire thread you have responded on? I have always wondered and hoped I didn't ignore someone's comment by not having a notification of some sort.
    @sdfonz619  not that I know of - but if someone else knows pass this along!  
    TTC since 5/2014 
    Aug 15 January Siggy Challenge:  Favorite "mean girl" from tv/movies

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sdfonz619 said:
    Nope. There's no notifications or anything. Just have to hope they tagged you if it's important.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    The RE told H to take Fish Oil (omega 3s), vitamin C and vitamin E. Not a multivitamin because it does not have a high enough concentration. 
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sdfonz619 said:

Along this same line, why am I still not receiving email notifications that someone has mentioned me even though in notification preferences I have that box checked?
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    TTC #1 since 8/14

The furry ones:

• Options
    sdfonz619 said:

Along this same line, why am I still not receiving email notifications that someone has mentioned me even though in notification preferences I have that box checked?
     Have you checked your email notification settings? I don't think they send email notifications for anything, even though the option is supposed to be there, but maybe it's just because I don't receive any emails from them. 

But I don't think it's actually an option. I could be wrong, though.

Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    I've got one. My cycles are kinda irregular...but up until this one I've ovulated (temp shift and other signs then af). But this last cycle I got a sustained temp shift for 20 days and needless to say I got really excited. I got negative tests but never did get af. My temp dropped back down to normal and now I'm waiting to ovulate. Was that an anovulatory cycle and should I try to start a new chart on FF by entering menses or what?
    Thanx for this thread!

*wishing I was normal

Also...not sure how to attach chart?

TIA
  • Options
    Do you have to use a thermometer that is specifically branded to be a BBT or will any thermometer work?
    I couldn't find a BBT in Walmart earlier but read several articles saying that a regular thermometer would work just as well.
  • Options
    So I'm thinking I already know the answer to this but I'll try anyway. Due to husbands work schedule , the next two cycles he'll be away during my likely fertile window. Is there anything you can do to attempt to delay O? I'm guessing not...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    KingLED said:
    sdfonz619 said:

Have you checked your email notification settings? I don't think they send email notifications for anything, even though the option is supposed to be there, but maybe it's just because I don't receive any emails from them. 

But I don't think it's actually an option. I could be wrong, though.

When I go into notification preferences I see the option that says "Notify me when people mention me" and I have the email box checked. I noticed that people were mentioning me but I wasn't getting any emails. I thought it was just broken for me but maybe it doesn't work for anyone?
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    TTC #1 since 8/14

The furry ones:

• Options
    More of a technical question, but how do you insert a line break to separate two paragraphs? I hit enter and it looked right until I posted and the extra line was missing.
  • Options

So I'm thinking I already know the answer to this but I'll try anyway. Due to husbands work schedule , the next two cycles he'll be away during my likely fertile window. Is there anything you can do to attempt to delay O? I'm guessing not...

No, you cannot delay ovulation.

• Options

Do you have to use a thermometer that is specifically branded to be a BBT or will any thermometer work?
    I couldn't find a BBT in Walmart earlier but read several articles saying that a regular thermometer would work just as well.

A regular thermometer can work, a BBT can be more precise. I like the Mabis brand. I found it by the family planning supplies at Walmart, I think it's called "Reli-on" now. You can also find it on amazon.

Thanks!! Maybe they were just out of stock at my walmart! I'll try looking again!
  • Options

I think there are ladies here who use regular thermometers. I use a bbt, but my ovulation temp spike is high enough that it wouldn't make a difference.

• Options

I happen to know a bit about this exact situation. I looked into all sorts of things and as Darcy said, no there's not much you can do. A quick google search will come up with herbal things to try (I won't lie to you) but I do encourage you to not. They can do more harm than good and it could take a long time to get back on your normal cycle. We were unable to TTC for 3 months for the same reason. You really just have to wait it out. I know the frustration and I'm sorry.
    TTC #1 since May 2014
    3 failed IUI cycles
    Oct '15 - IVF 1 - 10R, 3M, 0F
    Sept '16 - IVF - 12R, 11M, 5F and 3 perfect day 5 blasts - MMC 7w5d
    Jan '17 - FET 1 - BFP, EDD 10/14

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    bluepie19bluepie19 member
    edited October 2014
    I have a question but I can't figure out how to word it correctly. I would like to say that I have learn so much about my body from lurking. You guys are awesome!

Edit: words are hard
  • Options
    MrsSept13 said:
    I have a stupid question so I guess this is the perfect place to ask!

I always pee after sex because gross. I read on here multiple times that if you don't you are more susceptible to get a uti. How does NOT peeing after sex cause that?

You can get bacteria in the urethra during sex and if you don't pee it can cause uti's.
    I have just recently heard NOT to pee after sex for at least three hours in order to keep the sperm inside of you. If you pee, you are pushing sperm out. Might be a stupid question, but seems to makes sense.
    Should you wait a certain amount of time before peeing? Or is it okay to do it right after?
  • Options
    mandy522 thank you! Also HATED even waiting a minute.
  • Options
    Anyone care to tell me if it looks like I may have ovulated? I'm still semi new to the whole charting thing and could use help.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Anyone care to tell me if it looks like I may have ovulated? I'm still semi new to the whole charting thing and could use help.

It does not look like it to me, based on the temps you have. I say HIO and keep on temping. GL!
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • Options
    Average difference in temps when measuring vag vs oral? ie: temping orally gets low temps around 97 and highs around 98, but vaginally has a range of 97.5-98.5?

curious.
  • Options
    Not really a newb, but I've been away for a bit and now wondering why Ghostmonkey got banned?! :( Can someone share?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 - 11/7/12 * M/C - 12/8/12 @ 7W6D
    BFP #2 - 3/2/13 * DS1 - BORN ON EDD - 11/13/13
    BFP #3 - 11/7/14 * DS2 - BORN ON EDD - 07/21/15 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"