June 2016 Moms
Options

Bring your venting here!

Re: Bring your venting here!

• Options
    rlbrooks84rlbrooks84 member
    edited February 2017
    So I found out today 2 of my 4 yr olds classmates are in the hospital with RSV. I had to keep him home all last week and yesterday because he's been a hot mess and he managed to get everyone else sick at home. Poor Charlotte is more goopy then she's ever been and her cough is awful. My husband is overly worried that she'll need to go to the doctor but I'm like come on this is our third I know when to take them. He's one of those parents that googles symptoms and then gets overly worked up. I gave up dr google a while ago because I realized it was making me a wreak. I just need this cold to be over and it looks like we'll have to cancel our date night tomorrow which I'm bummed about because I love going out to eat just the two of us.
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    I have yet to find a birth control pill that doesn't make me sick when I start each pack. This month is 10x worse than usual though, it reminds me of morning sickness. 
    That sucks! Would depo work better maybe? Also, could you have perhaps gotten pregnant? I know that that can happen on the pill sometimes. Hope you feel better soon!
    Well that's the most frightening suggestion ever, lol. While nothing's impossible, the odds of me being pregnant are very low. We are very much done with three, and I'm extremely careful about my birth control. I'm talking to my midwife about an IUD, hopefully that's better once my body adjusts to it. 
    I have a friend that swears by her IUD. She can't take birth control pills so it was the best option. I'm debating it too, just need to talk with my doctor.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our babysitter is MIA and we are now having to scramble to find one before Friday. We haven't had a date night in forever and my husband bought us tickets to the Game of Thrones concert experience. Our back-up is on vacation and the only other option we have has a cold and possibly bronchitis. She finds out today if she is still contagious. I figure if I can get Damien in bed a little early on Friday, we can cancel dinner and just do the show and she will only have to keep an eye on the monitor since he will sleep the whole time we are gone...and that's assuming the doctor gives her the "okay."
  • Options
    So I found out today 2 of my 4 yr olds classmates are in the hospital with RSV. I had to keep him home all last week and yesterday because he's been a hot mess and he managed to get everyone else sick at home. Poor Charlotte is more goopy then she's ever been and her cough is awful. My husband is overly worried that she'll need to go to the doctor but I'm like come on this is our third I know when to take them. He's one of those parents that googles symptoms and then gets overly worked up. I gave up dr google a while ago because I realized it was making me a wreak. I just need this cold to be over and it looks like we'll have to cancel our date night tomorrow which I'm bummed about because I love going out to eat just the two of us.
    That sucks! Hope your kids start feeling better soon. Maybe order take out for two and enjoy it after the kids go to bed?
  • Options
    Our babysitter is MIA and we are now having to scramble to find one before Friday. We haven't had a date night in forever and my husband bought us tickets to the Game of Thrones concert experience. Our back-up is on vacation and the only other option we have has a cold and possibly bronchitis. She finds out today if she is still contagious. I figure if I can get Damien in bed a little early on Friday, we can cancel dinner and just do the show and she will only have to keep an eye on the monitor since he will sleep the whole time we are gone...and that's assuming the doctor gives her the "okay."
    That sounds like a good idea, cancel dinner and enjoy the show. If he is sleeping then she most likely won't have to interact with him.
  • Options
    Finding babysitters is the worst. We just had to ask about everyone we know to find a sitter for Saturday night. There's a big event for parents at our kids school, and we already had the tickets. It's the time I wish we had family closer 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    After a week of sleeping badly, I finally slept well last night. This morning my husband said, "You must have slept badly again." I told him I didn't and his response, with loads of attitude, was, "Could have fooled me. You tossed and turned from 4:30 to 7. Needless to say I didn’t sleep because of it! I didn't even get to bed until 1:30am!" So lemme get this straight, you're going to give me grief at 7am over something I had no idea I was doing because I WAS ASLEEP? As if I could control it while I slept? And why didn't you go to bed earlier? Gee, is it because you decided to put on a movie at 11pm?! I get it, he is super tired and cranky so he is testy but damn, I woke up in a good mood. Thanks for killing it. 
  • Options
    DH sent 3 fresh bottles to daycare today instead of the 3 I had defrosted last night. So when I get home I have to dump 12oz of BM down the drain.

My supply has decreased and this makes me want to cry.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    DH sent 3 fresh bottles to daycare today instead of the 3 I had defrosted last night. So when I get home I have to dump 12oz of BM down the drain.

You could always offer it tonight and pump more in the evening. That idea makes me sad and I'm not even the one doing it, so I can understand if you pass on that.

Also, not going to lie, I might sniff test it in the morning and possibly send at least some tomorrow. Or, I would consider it and then probably chicken out. Cry if you want to, I understand the frustration and nausea of watching hard work like that go down the drain
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options

You could always offer it tonight and pump more in the evening. That idea makes me sad and I'm not even the one doing it, so I can understand if you pass on that.

Also, not going to lie, I might sniff test it in the morning and possibly send at least some tomorrow. Or, I would consider it and then probably chicken out. Cry if you want to, I understand the frustration and nausea of watching hard work like that go down the drain
    Thanks- just having someone say they understand makes me feel better. Although the irrational part of me wants to hook DH to the pump for a few minutes and remind him that it takes me an hour of that to produce 12oz of breastmilk. 

I know he's going to feel bad, but this has happened before and with the decrease in supply it really does hurt.

I'll give her one bottle of it tonight- I didn't take it out of the freezer until 5pm last night so at least I can salvage about 4-6oz. Thanks, i honestly didn't think of that! :)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I hate when people are mad at me! Even when I'm not in the wrong, I just feel horrible for hours. 
    After making it through a really tough day of a terrible cold and three young kids, I was not prepared for dh to come home and guilt trip me for serving leftovers for dinner. Honestly I think I was doing well for not going to bed as soon as he walked through the door. I'm mad, but even more I'm mad that he's making me feel bad about something so stupid!  When he had the same cold last week he took two days off work. He's being a selfish brat tonight for some reason. i told him it's life, he has to deal with it. He can feed himself the rest of the week. Hopefully he snaps out of it and returns to the rational world 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @AmberLiz99 I hope he snaps out of it, I was talking to a friend last week how crazy it is that men get to be big babies when they are sick but we have to keep the house running. My husband and I were both sick last week and he slept in everyday, he had the week off for bereavement because my grandmother passed, anyways I finally decided one day I was taking a nap and he could handle kids for a few hrs. I think there is nothing wrong with serving leftovers and at least he had a warm meal! I hope you feel better soon! 
  • Options
    I hate when people are mad at me! Even when I'm not in the wrong, I just feel horrible for hours. 
    After making it through a really tough day of a terrible cold and three young kids, I was not prepared for dh to come home and guilt trip me for serving leftovers for dinner. Honestly I think I was doing well for not going to bed as soon as he walked through the door. I'm mad, but even more I'm mad that he's making me feel bad about something so stupid!  When he had the same cold last week he took two days off work. He's being a selfish brat tonight for some reason. i told him it's life, he has to deal with it. He can feed himself the rest of the week. Hopefully he snaps out of it and returns to the rational world 
    We do leftovers every other night so that I only have to cook a few times a week. Sometimes I feel lazy doing it that way but it is so nice to know that at the end of the day I won't have to cook (depending on the day). All my husband asks is that we don't eat the same meal 3x in a row. I don't think a night of leftovers is wrong at all. The food has to get eaten at some point anyway!
  • Options
    Damn! He is lucky he is not married to me or he would most likely starve. I'm lucky if I get dinner made twice a week. 
  • Options
    Dear 8 month sleep regression,

FUCK OFF

Kindly,
    Me and DH
  • Options
    khenry12 said:

FUCK OFF

Kindly,
    Me and DH
    Yup! This baby and I and I are not "friends" at the moment. It's been 5 times a night recently
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    khenry12 said:

FUCK OFF

Kindly,
    Me and DH
    Yup! This baby and I and I are not "friends" at the moment. It's been 5 times a night recently
    Sorry that sucks! My 2x a night is nothing compared to 5x. I hope you get some sleep soon!
  • Options
    Tawny87 said:
    khenry12 said:

FUCK OFF

Kindly,
    Me and DH
    Sorry that sucks! My 2x a night is nothing compared to 5x. I hope you get some sleep soon!
    Thanks! I don't know what his deal is lately, he just does not want to sleep ever anymore!
  • Options
    I am struggling with supply and every time I ask a doctor (read anyone at my ob office and her pediatrician) looks at me like I am from Mars when I say it's important to me to keep nursing even though I am pregnant. Plenty of moms have done this, I cannot be the first. Why is it so hard to give me a ball park of macro nutrients to shoot for??!!!?  
  • Options
    Try a La Leche League. I was able to find a local group on Facebook. They meet locally, but you could message one and see what they have to say about your situation. Or if you have a lactation consultant or postpartum doula you've used, they might be able to help.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    Try a La Leche League. I was able to find a local group on Facebook. They meet locally, but you could message one and see what they have to say about your situation. Or if you have a lactation consultant or postpartum doula you've used, they might be able to help.
    This is a good idea, I would also say you could try calling a children's hospital in the area. They deal with everything and may be able to answer the question for you.
  • Options
    Don't you just love it when people respond to your anxiety with "well if you're so stressed out why don't you just take a break.  It's your own fault." 

So helpful... 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Don't you just love it when people respond to your anxiety with "well if you're so stressed out why don't you just take a break.  It's your own fault." 

So helpful... 
    ugh. I'm sorry. That's a terrible response.  I have a cousin that suffers from crippling anxiety and takes medication. It's a very real medical issue and shouldn't be treated like it's you being over dramatic. 

Btw, tell whoever said that to you that you can't take a break from LIFE. 
  • Options
    While we were out at lunch had some rando come up and just say "what are you planning on doing when she's a teenager and starts dating?" Then went on to tell us that sharpening a scary looking knife on our front porch is effective. Excuse me random old man, but please stop sexualizing my 8 month old daughter and future teenage daughter!

I do love to see people's reactions when my husband comes back with "Actually, we've decided she's going to be a lesbian!" They're even more entertaining now that we're in Virginia and not California.
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    While we were out at lunch had some rando come up and just say "what are you planning on doing when she's a teenager and starts dating?" Then went on to tell us that sharpening a scary looking knife on our front porch is effective. Excuse me random old man, but please stop sexualizing my 8 month old daughter and future teenage daughter!

I do love to see people's reactions when my husband comes back with "Actually, we've decided she's going to be a lesbian!" They're even more entertaining now that we're in Virginia and not California.
    What the actual fuck!?!  Creepy old man needs to go. Bye Felicia!
  • Options
    Why am I the only person that has the patience to put Damien down for his naps? I feel like I can't go anywhere because if I'm not home to put him down, he won't get any naps. 
  • Options
    Why am I the only person that has the patience to put Damien down for his naps? I feel like I can't go anywhere because if I'm not home to put him down, he won't get any naps. 
    That's the way my first was. It's so frustrating 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to save y'all the trouble of the whole sob story I just posted in the medical thread because I totally vented there instead of here but I just wanted to say I'm so ready to have a completely well baby again!!  I'm tired of feeling like I am failing!
  • Options
    I'm going to save y'all the trouble of the whole sob story I just posted in the medical thread because I totally vented there instead of here but I just wanted to say I'm so ready to have a completely well baby again!!  I'm tired of feeling like I am failing!

I'm so sorry you both are having to go through another round. Hopefully it will pass soon!
  • Options
    Ugh! The electric co is doing some repair so my electricity has been out for 3 hrs. And since Jackie is in daycare this week, that means time to pull out the hand pump. And 20 hand cramping minutes later, I only have 1 oz... Good thing I had a good morning pump. 
  • Options
    Maybe I'm just an idiot but I feel like the daycare should have given me advanced notice that during Damien's 1st week he would only be attending 3hrs per day. If he does well, the following week he will go full-time for 2-3 days, then he will start going for the full week. If he needs an extra week to adjust, that can be done too. Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with the gradual immersion process..just wish I'd known that they did that...I would have started him earlier or extended my mat leave by a few more weeks to accommodate. Oh well, I'll make do.
  • Options
    5 year old had a massive tantrum before school, toddler threw a fit in Target (she never does that in a store!) and baby isn't napping and won't let me put her down. 

I have a massive amount of things to do today and can't get anything done! I don't know how much longer I can do all this. I haven't even had time to apply for jobs in the last week, and I only sleep 5 hours a night most nights. Exhausted, overbooked, my self esteem is hurting because I can't find work, feeling less attractive because I don't have time to fix my hair or afford decent clothes etc, and just not feeling myself. 

This is rainy weather is not helping me today. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    5 year old had a massive tantrum before school, toddler threw a fit in Target (she never does that in a store!) and baby isn't napping and won't let me put her down. 

I have a massive amount of things to do today and can't get anything done! I don't know how much longer I can do all this. I haven't even had time to apply for jobs in the last week, and I only sleep 5 hours a night most nights. Exhausted, overbooked, my self esteem is hurting because I can't find work, feeling less attractive because I don't have time to fix my hair or afford decent clothes etc, and just not feeling myself. 

Sorry you're having a rough day  :(. Hope it gets better!  And just for the record, you're beautiful inside and out so don't let the gloomy weather bring you down.  ;)
  • Options
    I feel you. My daughter has been in daycare for 3 weeks now because I thought I'd be working by now. Nope, still waiting on the government to give me my security clearance. Now I'm trying to make up home projects to do while Jackie is at daycare, but we don't have money for expensive projects. And without my little one to take care of I feel like I've lost my sense of purpose, especially when I run out of projects to do.

I hope your day goes better.
  • Options
    Tawny87Tawny87 member
    edited March 2017

I hate those days! I usually live for the moment when my husband gets home from work and I can take the hour or so before they go to bed to be by myself and read or take a shower or something. Being a mom is hard, don't get too down on yourself.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. We got water in our basement with all the rain that I had to clean up, and I got another rejection letter for a job application, so at this point I've written the day off and will hope for a better one tomorrow! We all have these days sometimes I'm sure. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no @amberliz99 what a shitty day! I hope things start looking up!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. We got water in our basement with all the rain that I had to clean up, and I got another rejection letter for a job application, so at this point I've written the day off and will hope for a better one tomorrow! We all have these days sometimes I'm sure. 
    That really sucks! We are having a ton of rain here too, our sump pump keeps running. I hope the weekend is much better for you!
  • Options
    George has just started sleeping through occasionally, and now my husband decides now is the perfect time to take up snoring. I haven't slept properly in over a year and I just feel like sobbing. Don't have a spare room to go and sleep in either :cry: