June 2017 Moms
Options

Small, supportive, Facebook group :-)

Hi girls! My husband and I recently found out that we are expecting our 2nd little munchkin in June! We are so excited and perhaps equally as nervous with the anticipation of juggling our now 13 month old and a new baby! 

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I joined a very small group of amazing mommies on Facebook all due in September. The idea was to create an unbiased and judgment free zone for all of us to support each other throughout pregnancy and beyond! Our group "limit" was 100 members. This allowed us to get to know each and every mama as an individual. It's something that I was so thankful to have while I was pregnant and now as we all raise toddlers! Some of us are stay at home moms, some of us work 60 hours per week. Some of us breastfed our babies, some of us formula fed. Some of us supported the cry it out method, some of us ran to our babies at the very faintest whimper. We're all so different yet support each other in all choices that we each make as parents.... As long as no child is put in imminent danger, of course! 

I am hoping to find a similar group of mamas who would like kind and gentle support from other mamas who are having a similar experience! Please let me know if you are interested, and I will send requests to the first 100 ladies who are ready to take this journey on with me :-) 

Hope to see some of you soon! 
Anna 

Re: Small, supportive, Facebook group :-)

• Options
    Hi There Anna. I am all for FB groups but not quite yet. With DD, ours didn't start up well into the second trimester. This gives enough time to sort out the lurkers and drive-bys. Also, FWIW, I don't personally think it's a great idea to set a number limit. If I was that 101 person and I got denied I would be hurt. Just an opinion. 

There was a thread created a few weeks ago regarding this topic and most ladies felt like right now is to soon. We are basically only on the second or third date :) Let's get to know each other a little more and I'd be happy to join. 
  • Options
    Hey Anna, I'm all for a facebook group when it's been a little bit longer. However, you probably should post a little bit more around these parts before offering to start a facebook group. You currently have 2 posts to your name (one of which was a duplicate) and 0 replies. Everyone's got to start somewhere, but maybe give it a little time :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Agree with the ladies above. It is a bit too early for a facebook group- even for the ladies that have been posting consistently here for the past 6 weeks+. We need some time to weed out the "crazies" :smile:
    Me: 28  DH: 30
    Married 5/8/2011
    TTC #1 since 9/2015
    BFP #1 1/14/16, MC 3/23/16
    BFP #2 9/21/2016, EDD 5/30/2017
  • Options
    This looks very troll-ish. The first 100 members? OP, I really hope you aren't trying to pull a fast one 'cause that wouldn't be cool :/

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• Options
    Oh wow. You have all read me very wrong. I am an elementary special education teacher. I am far from a troll and I am sorry to have rubbed anyone the wrong way. I am going to go about enjoying my pregnancy with those who would like to join me. Perhaps now is too soon for many of you and I absolutely respect your decision. I kindly ask that you do not continue posting on this thread in efforts to make me out to be anything other than what I am. 

I'm sorry that this was my first post. I didn't realize that it would be so offensive to some of you. 
  • Options
    That sounds nice and all but I think we have the beginnings of a group like that here already (you might not know that, since it doesn't look like you've joined us or shared much of anything). But we're still getting to know each other, I'm not ready to hand out my first and last name, location, and other identifying info. 
  • Options
    anna13013anna13013 member
    edited November 2016
    @itsfine Thank you for your reply! I can agree that it may be too soon. I just went based on my past experience which was really positive. I may have just been lucky! After the response that I got here, I'm actually a bit hesitant to start a group now. Sometimes I can be a bit naive... Thinking that everybody is good! I wish you a healthy and smooth pregnancy! :-)
  • Options
    @Mashunya425 I can understand your point! Seeing as how this post was received, I think you may be right! 
  • Options
    @mirdamae03 thank you for your reply!  I hesitate posting on forums because I fear getting negative comments. Of course it happened here with my very first post.  I have a tendency to be pretty sensitive!!! Sometimes I find that it's easier for people to be unkind in forums which is the reason that I suggested creating a separate page. 

Perhaps I do need to give it a little more time :-). 
  • Options
    Wow.  Are you for real?!?  I cannot believe that you would purposely hurt someone's feelings AFTER they apologized for upsetting everyone.  
  • Options
    @mrspeachy110307 There really wasn't anything that harsh in the thread... I am not sure why the strong reaction. 
    Me: 28  DH: 30
    Married 5/8/2011
    TTC #1 since 9/2015
    BFP #1 1/14/16, MC 3/23/16
    BFP #2 9/21/2016, EDD 5/30/2017
  • Options
    Wow.  Are you for real?!?  I cannot believe that you would purposely hurt someone's feelings AFTER they apologized for upsetting everyone.  
    Oh it's going to be a long 7 months if you can't take snark. This was literally her first post and maybe @kassyfry didn't read comments yet.

• Options
    anna13013anna13013 member
    edited November 2016
    @mrspeachy110307 I appreciate your comment. I'm embarrassed to admit how much the responses on this post bothered me today! The worst thing is being perceived as someone who you are not. Yes, perhaps asking women to join a Facebook group may be unfavorable to some but it may be favorable to others! Im going to leave this alone now but if anyone would like to join a group of women who choose to support each other, please feel free to directly inbox me ☺️ I wish you all a very uneventful and healthy pregnancy! 
  • Options
    Someone said her post was trollish, someone said her post screamed I want to steal your money and baby, someone posted the meme "she doesn't even go here"...in my world those are harsh.  
    Guess you've both been fortunate enough not to have been in a group that involved trolls or someone stealing your money.  It's still too soon.  By all means make a FB group. No one is stopping you, but when your first post is to solicit members for a FB group, it's a red flag for those who've experienced the crazy.
  • Options
    @Assiram42 Snark, as you put it, is one thing, if you know someone and know how it will be received.  Being nasty for the sake of being nasty is another.  I sure hope I'm raising my daughters to know the differences. 
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    ***Removed for TOS Violation***
  • Options
    EmeraldNCEmeraldNC member
    edited November 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Assiram42Assiram42 member
    edited November 2016
  • Options
    @anna13013 you do you, girl! I was in the Sept 2015 group, too. I don't remember reading about a Facebook group (I was very scatterbrained), but don't let some negativity pull you down. Sometimes TB can be overwhelming with over 400 people in the group posting new stuff all of the time. If it's more personal or less stressful for you to have that Facebook group then please do what makes you happy in your pregnancy! Not everyone has time to go on here and comment on every post or Like enough posts to gain credentials to be able to make a suggestion like some people claim is a requirement. Do what makes you comfortable. 
  • Options
    EmeraldNCEmeraldNC member
    edited November 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just wanted to add that I think there's a lot of value in this group and the way it's set up right now. It can be a source of entertainment, support and camaraderie not just for the regular posters but for countless others who may not participate a whole lot at first but love reading everything. I personally would hate to narrow my focus down to 99 other women only as I feel like I would rather organically find friendships here first. Not a bash, just another perspective.
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

This thread has been closed to new posts due to the change in topic. Continuing to create threads related to this topic will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"