November 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointments Thread: 11.07 - 11.13

2»

Re: Weekly Appointments Thread: 11.07 - 11.13

• Options
    @ojsmom we are due date twins! Did you see your dr after your last ultrasound? Sounds like fluid might have been a little low if they want to re check but idk why your doc wouldn't have said anything about it?
  • Options
    I was asked at my appointment yesterday if I wanted to be checked (38+4). YES! It confirms what I have been feeling. She's so low that my cervix is anterior, which I didn't know was possible, but from reading PP, found out it is. 
    1 cm dilated, 60% effaced and "super soft". She's a good sized baby...will probably be around her brothers' birth weights (8, 2 and 8, 5). I'm already measuring 40 weeks, so I have a natural induction scheduled for the 22nd (2 days after due date) if she doesn't come before then.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was asked at my appointment yesterday if I wanted to be checked (38+4). YES! It confirms what I have been feeling. She's so low that my cervix is anterior, which I didn't know was possible, but from reading PP, found out it is. 
    1 cm dilated, 60% effaced and "super soft". She's a good sized baby...will probably be around her brothers' birth weights (8, 2 and 8, 5). I'm already measuring 40 weeks, so I have a natural induction scheduled for the 22nd (2 days after due date) if she doesn't come before then.
    what is a natural induction? 
  • Options
    @squish143 my cervical check was at 10am saw dr. US was an hour later. So no i did not see him. Just a little worried because the receptionist couldn't answer much. I guess if it was a huge deal they would ask me in before Tuesday.  So I'm ok. Just antsy! Yay due dates!
  • Options
    @ojsmom yeah if it was something super concerning I imagine they would have you come back in sooner. They said mine was a little low at my 36 week appt. I had to go back in 3 days later and have another ultrasound to check fluid again. Thankfully it had gone back up. They are checking one more time to make sure it isn't going back down. Good luck at yours on Tuesday! :)
  • Options
    @kvruns That's what I was thinking before my midwife explained. In retrospect, the details are fuzzy, but what I remember is "putting in a Foley"??? and "it works great with castor oil". Hopefully, I won't have to get THAT point though. Who wants to deal with the effects of castor oil while in labor???
  • Options
    @ashleymercado88 a "foley bulb" is basically a balloon the is inserted through the cervix via catheter and expanded to help you dialate. Since no drugs are involved it's concidered a natural method for induction.