December 2016 Moms
Options

Signs of Labor?

Re: Signs of Labor?

• Options
    I started getting contractions 8 days after my due date so I figured it was the real thing:) I didn't really experience BH before that except for what felt like tightening. These contractions had a noticeable rise and fall throughout the contraction and a time pattern between. However, they didn't break my water until two days later in the hospital and then I still had another 22 hours before little man arrived. Praying for a quicker turn around this time! 
  • Options
    aframe77 said:
    I started getting contractions 8 days after my due date so I figured it was the real thing:) I didn't really experience BH before that except for what felt like tightening. These contractions had a noticeable rise and fall throughout the contraction and a time pattern between. nbsp;
    This!!!! So much, this^. When I went in last Sunday night, I was having to breath through every contraction, bend oven if standing/stop&bend over if walking, and they were 4.5-5 min apart and 60-90 seconds long. I thought this is FOR SURE labor. It fits every description I have ever heard. BUUUUUUTTTT nope, they weren't doing anything. So I was sent home.

At this point I seriously doubt I will 'know' when its the real deal. I just hope H is ready to catch a baby if she decideds to show up.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @aframe77 and @Kate08Young I feel you! Almost every night I get timeable, painful contractions that are 1+ minutes long. Then I get these super long ones while I'm sleeping and I just wake up in pain and unable to move. And then they just stop. I keep waiting for the time that they go longer than 3 hours. Soon, we will all be having our babies soon! The end of pregnancy is so miserable it makes me pray that I'll go into labor!!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Can someone share any experiences with back labor?

Someone in the symptoms thread mentioned diarrhea as a way the body starts preparing for labor, which I've had the past few days no matter what I eat. Yes, gross. 

Late last night lying in bed, my lower to mid back started hurting... and I use that term very lightly. I was in so much pain that I thought I was going to vomit. It was like when I had kidney stones but different. It triggered diarrhea again and finally after 30 minutes or so in pain I went to sleep in exhaustion. Today my back is sore, but I'm not in terrible pain like I was. I've had some light BH before but they weren't painful like that was. 

Anyone experience this? 
  • Options
    @maamawaabangi Thanks! I don't think I'm in active labor, but I figured it was like practice contractions or something. I remember my mom had mentioned having bad back labor with me, and as I was trying to find a comfortable position I wondered if that was what she was talking about. I think last night though the pain triggered the upset tummy... I hadn't been having pain previously. It just took my breath away how painful it was. 

Will keep your list of suggestions close!
  • Options
    dmontgo said:
    Can someone share any experiences with back labor?

Someone in the symptoms thread mentioned diarrhea as a way the body starts preparing for labor, which I've had the past few days no matter what I eat. Yes, gross. 

Late last night lying in bed, my lower to mid back started hurting... and I use that term very lightly. I was in so much pain that I thought I was going to vomit. It was like when I had kidney stones but different. It triggered diarrhea again and finally after 30 minutes or so in pain I went to sleep in exhaustion. Today my back is sore, but I'm not in terrible pain like I was. I've had some light BH before but they weren't painful like that was. 

Anyone experience this? 
    @dmontgo  I had that in the beginning of 3rd trimester. Turns out I have pregnancy induced hydronephrosis, where because of all the pressure on the kidneys from the baby, the urine starts to build back up and is extremely painful. Luckily it only lasted one weekend and he shifted off my kidney. But I thought I was going to die. I had diarhea and vomiting and had to be perscribed tramadol so I could sleep. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Options
    @juliehollz13 Whoa! I'll be sure to ask my doctor about this. I'm glad you're feeling better!
  • Options
    dmontgo said:
    @juliehollz13 Whoa! I'll be sure to ask my doctor about this. I'm glad you're feeling better!
    @dmontgo apparently it's very common (also why so many pregnant women get UTI's) but typically isn't so painful. They can see if you have it by doing an ultrasound. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Options
    I was in labor with DS for 32 hours and I really didn't have much along the signs of going into labor. I just woke up one morning with contractions and ended up having him the next day. It was one of those "you'll know when it happens instances." 

For DD, it has been night and day. Labor signs have been intense since week 33 or so. Lots of cramping, BH, and back pain. I'm ready for her to come out whenever she's ready. I have a feeling she'll be here before Thanksgiving so I hope I'm right. 
  • Options
    @slartybartfast Thank you for explaining! I have never done this before so I am not sure what is normal. I've been having a few BH today, but they aren't painful like last night. My back still hurts but it's feeling better than it did. The suddenness of it was surprising for me. I was lying on my side and suddenly it was awful! 

I'm set up on the couch just resting today and drinking lots of water. 
  • Options
    Oh and many labor like symptoms can also be just dehydration... frequent BH, back pain, irritating pains. Drink water too! 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    choneycu said:
    I'm starting to wonder if this baby is never coming out! No BH, no sign of losing MP, not too muh pressure on either ribs or bladder or anywhere specific - anyone else feel like he or she is just as happy as can be with no deadline on coming out or getting ready to come out!?
    That's how I felt the few days before I went into labor last time. All the symptoms... none of the symptoms... some of the symptoms... labor does what it wants when it wants 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    choneycu said:
    I'm starting to wonder if this baby is never coming out! No BH, no sign of losing MP, not too muh pressure on either ribs or bladder or anywhere specific - anyone else feel like he or she is just as happy as can be with no deadline on coming out or getting ready to come out!?
    I have BH but I've had them since 16 weeks.  No other signs/sx.  I definitely feel like this guy isn't moving soon.
  • Options
    @choneycu I'm with you. A little behind most hear at 34 weeks, but no signs he'll be here any time soon. Only BH I had were in my late 20-something weeks when we were moving/unpacking. Not sure if I'll ever feel a true drop with how short my torso is. He can already punch my cervix while shoving a foot in my ribs so he doesn't really have anywhere to drop to. 

Whatever. He'll show up when he feels like it. 
  • Options
    @dmontgo - back labor is not an exact term but generally is caused by baby being in a funny position. It's very common to have pain in your back during labor but that's not necessarily back labor. Back labor is characterized by stacking contractions (no breaks), radiating pain that is also in your back, stalled labor (the contractions go nuts but the cervix doesn't progress), and probably some other things that I'm forgetting. It's a term used during active labor. I had it to a T with my first. It's NO fun but it's also not by itself an unhealthy or dangerous thing. It's just a looong hard ride. 
    this. to a T.  back labor is hell.  you get hardly any break between the stacked contractions and your uterus and cervix are not on speaking terms.  one thing I remember is that the back labor didn't start for several hours after contractions were already happening.  so for me, there was no question about being in labor, the back contractions started just as the uterine contractions were coming down.  it feels exactly like front contractions except in your lower back, not a dull ache.
  • Options
    choneycu said:
    I feel you!! I'm 36+3 today, saw dr this afternoon and got cervix checked for the first time.. nothing!! Not even a centimeter. I'm so disappointed bc 3.5 more weeks of this is not gonna be fun! Apparently lil guy is just happy chilling in there. 
  • Options
    I thought I might have had a contraction at like 7:30 this morning but I'm not completely sure because I'm a ftm and I don't know what they feel like but I'm almost 100% sure it was although I havwnt had but one other since then. My stomach got really tight and I almost felt like I had to use the restroom, I know tmi and I'm sorry but I didn't have to go it just felt like it so we will hsve to see. I'm 35 weeks as of today. 

• Options
    penelope4612penelope4612 member
    edited November 2016
    @wynterwaddell - tightening without pain is most likely Braxton hicks.
  • Options
    Think I just had a for real contraction. Like period cramps, but worse and lasted about 10 minutes. It hasn't completely eased up yet. I'm only 36+6 so not ready yet!
  • Options
    @penelope4612 That's what I think it was because it hasn't been constant or anything
  • Options
    @maamawaabangi that is beautiful. I love it!

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    We had a super moon when I was almost due with my second! Let's all go dancin in the moonlight!
  • Options
    Most of my pregnancy has been pretty uneventful. But this evening I noticed a few contractions followed by on and off menstrual-like cramping and pressure in my back and pelvic area. FTM, so no idea if this is normal or not. My husband seems to think it might be the baby dropping. Hopefully he's right and this super moon is not putting me in labor!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've had a couple days of timeable, super uncomfortable contrax. If I'm not contracting, I am constantly crampy. Yesterday they were 3 minutes apart and they were really painful. My sister is a NICU nurse and works closely with the L&D nurses, so thankfully she has been my go to. They've calmed down after a while of Tylenol, chugging water and constant rest. I'm 35 weeks and at 1-2cm. LO was measuring behind at our 32 week scan, but we had a rescan Friday and now she is measuring 3 days ahead at almost 6 pounds. So the dr said they wouldn't try and stop her...but Thanksgiving is my 37 week mark so I'm hoping she holds out until then. But these painful BH are getting old reallllllly fast. *sigh* we're almost there ladies!
  • Options
    I've had a couple days of timeable, super uncomfortable contrax. If I'm not contracting, I am constantly crampy. ...
    This is exactly how I've been for the past week.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    @maamawaabangi ditto! I'm walking like an old lady thanks to lightning crotch and pelvic pain! I did not get those things previous pregnancies. 
    I would be so happy if I went into labor this week. 

• Options
    @yellingbanana how far along are you. I literally can't imagine how I'll make it to 40 weeks (like I normally do). It just doesn't seem possible. This kid feels like it burrowing out of me. I haven't started my normal pattern of nightly prodromal labor yet however... usually the last 3 or so weeks Im up every 3rd or 4th night in fake "labor" and then it stops by morning. 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited November 2016
    @maamawaabangi I'm 36w 3d, so I'm feeling like going into labor now wouldn't be a bad thing. Especially because my babies tend to be on the heavy side. But I've never gone into full on labor by myself (sigh), I had a failed (traumatic) induction with DD1 at 41 weeks. With DD2, I had an RCS at 39w 4d. So while I wish I would go into labor for a lot of reasons (pain, to experience going into labor on my own, and to get this baby out and in my arms!), the chances of it happening are pretty darn slim. Unfortunately. But I can still hope!!! Lol
    i do have crazy BH, and some fake labors with them- painful, timeable contrax, but it always stops after 3 or 4 hours. 

• Options
    Ugh these contractions need to decide if they're the real thing or not. Timable ones started last night then stopped. Started again today now they've stopped too. Squish is right on my cervix. I find out Thursday if I've dilated any. I hope these contractions have gotten me somewhere. This kid seems to want out.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm dilated and 75% effaced now! ob said I may not make it to an induction this time. *start panic mode*  I already put up my Christmas tree..baby room...not even ready haha. crib isn't even put together. I need a drink! =)