December 2016 Moms

MOTN November

Re: MOTN November

• The entire POINT of America is that everyone gets to have their own opinions and is allowed to feel safe with them. You can disagree with someone without disrespecting them. How the left side feels right now is how the other half of the country felt in 2008 and 2012- it will all be just fine- we did not elect a King.

I also think each of these divided elections proves the brilliance of why the federal government was originally designed to stay small and leave most powers with the Individual states. The federal gov is just too big and has too much power (even though it's divided), but I guess that's a discussion for another day...... (and by that I mean never, because it will never change....)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can't sleep because I'm either having near constant bh or he's just moving and pushing a ton on my low abdomen.  I'm a ftm so I have no idea. No pain or anything just new tightening and lots of movement.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, she has decided to kick all of my organs tonight. Please just get down in the birth canal and do your thing, I'm so beyond ready.
  • So I know it's like 11 now but last night was the night from hell and I need to vent. I couldn't fall asleep until around 2 and then from about 2:30-5:30 my toddler decided that it was time to scream and cry and resist going back to bed. In addition to him completely losing his mind, I puked for a solid 45 minutes and sat next to the trash can nauseously for probably an hour. All the while listening to SO try desperately to calm and pacify the toddler that isn't his own and continuously attempt to help me every chance he had and then still getting up and going to work this morning. The man is a saint. 
  • @MissLeighAndBabyG, I can commiserate on the nausea tonight.  I've been up since a bit before 2:00 feeling nausea and indigestion.  The pepto commercial jingle feels like the story of my life atm.  Not sure if it's been wiped from my memory, but I don't recall feeling this uncomfortable during my 3rd tri in either of my previous pregnancies.  

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • I have an oddity. According to the on call OB, E went from a -1 or 0 station Tuesay to a -3 station tonight. Yet we did dilate from ~4 to a solid, no doubts about it 5.

Anyone have any ideas how she moves the wrong way yet the cervix moves the right way?

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• I could be wrong this @Kate08Young but I always thought that babies could pop in and out of stations, and like, recede the wrong direction if active labor isn't pushing them in the right one direction? I have days where I feel that if I walk to hard the baby will fall out and days where I don't have pressure at all, and I kind of thought the baby was just engaging and unengaging. It's on my list to ask the doc tomorrow.
  • I agree with @SmashJam some days I can tell my little guy is engaged (and I pray that my water breaks!), and then he will move within a day and I can tell he's not engaged. And his head is by my ribs. My Ob said that with each kid, they have an easier time moving around in there because your muscles aren't as tight as they used to be. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @MissLeighAndBabyG, I can commiserate on the nausea tonight.  I've been up since a bit before 2:00 feeling nausea and indigestion.  The pepto commercial jingle feels like the story of my life atm.  Not sure if it's been wiped from my memory, but I don't recall feeling this uncomfortable during my 3rd tri in either of my previous pregnancies.  
    Ugh, this nausea is kicking my butt! I'm with you on the previous pregnancies. I know for a fact it was never nearly this bad with DS. In fact, everything about him and pregnancy with him was easy so I'm hoping this isn't foreshadowing to a rough time parenting this child.
  • Makes sense ladies. She was just wedged down and slightly turned so my OB at the good NICU place said my pelvis would have to open alot for her to come through. So when the L&D nurse last night could 'dribble' her it was really unexpected for both of us.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Ugh I can hear Donald Duck through the baby monitor in my son's room (judge me, it keeps the kid asleep for whatever reason) and his annoying little voice is keeping me up. Boo. 
  • I'm so sick of 3 am puking sessions. Can I just go without emptying the contents of my stomach and tasting stomach acid for just one night?
  • @MissLeighAndBabyG that is really rough, I bet you can't wait to have your baby!!! 
    I'm just laying in bed at 4:00 wide awake because DH is snoring like crazy. He doesn't usually snore, so when he does I can't sleep. I'm considering goring to sleep on the couch for the 2 hours of sleep I have before my alarm goes off. 

• @MissLeighAndBabyG that is really rough, I bet you can't wait to have your baby!!! 
    I'm just laying in bed at 4:00 wide awake because DH is snoring like crazy. He doesn't usually snore, so when he does I can't sleep. I'm considering goring to sleep on the couch for the 2 hours of sleep I have before my alarm goes off. 
    So. Beyond. Ready. It was never this rough with DS. This time around I'm getting every awful symptom that I didn't get with him. Soon though! 

My mom used to nudge my dad or make him turn over when he snored because he sounded like a freight train. Do what you gotta do!
  • I was up all night throwing up because of acid reflux. Ugh. I called into work today because I just can't. Pretty sure she's just out of room in there at this point. Three weeks to go
  • Haven't been able to keep anything except water down since Thursday, baby boy is all snuggled up into my pelvis and it hurts like hell. And I have two tests tomorrow. Plus FI just started his new night shift job tonight, he got a pay increase to do so which is awesome but not having him home sucks. Lord have mercy and let this mama get some sleep at some point tonight!
  • I feel horrible saying this since I still have 3 weeks until my RCS but I actually prayed tonight that my water would spontaneously break or labor would begin. The back pain is unbearable. I'm done being pregnant which makes me sad to say because with DS1 I could have been pregnant forever so I have some mom guilt. Stupid super moon failing me.  ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • You can do it @DiFazette! Hope time starts going by a little quicker for you!

• @difazette - I feel for you. 48 hours only feels so comforting when living through every minute feels like a challenge... I'm also sorry you don't have your peeps around you!

Here's some adorablness to entertain you!
    https://www.wimp.com/twin-discovers-her-sister-is-1-minute-older/
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • @Gizmo1231 don't feel bad or guilty... I am sure  those feelings are completely normal. Also, I definitely think there's something to this Supermoon thing... my mom told me both my sister and I were born early during full moons. kinda crazy but it will pass soon. and so will the time between now and whenever is your time to deliver!

• How are you recovering @ea301?  No more significant blood loss?

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Up in the MOTN bc my sister in law is trying to get my drunk addict bro to go to the ER bc he's throwing up blood. He won't go, he's got probation tomorrow and if he fails he goes to jail for a year. I have had almost no sleep, my long term sub is shadowing tomorrow, I have a MTG for the observation I'm SURE my boss will be using to fire me in the morning...basically I can't sleep so now I'm on the couch bumping and talking to SIL. SLEEP PLZ COME. KTHNX.
  • @smashjam - big hug. That's a lot to try to put aside :(

im up too but it's my fault for passing out just after 7p
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • My kids started fighting over space in the bed around 2am. Pissed me off and got my adrenaline going and I'm still up. I want them out so so bad. I've got to toughen up. 
  • Ugh... super nauseated and can't sleep.  Not sure if it's something I ate, general late pregnancy symptoms, or my nerves about my due date getting closer because my friend just had her little boy yesterday.  Trying to calm things down with a cup of hot green tea, but if I don't start feeling better, I don't see myself going to work today.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• @cgss11, hope that things are going well for you in L&D...update us when you can.

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • @cgss11 send some of your labor juju my way...I'm supposed to have a formal observation tomorrow I would LOVE to not have, lol.

@slartybartfast  thanks for the hugs! I was a sad sack this morning. it got a bit better but my bro is making me CRAZY.

• whitneyp26whitneyp26 member
    edited November 2016
    Ugh @Austenista I have some dysfunctional family members too and know that feeling of dread you must have. I hope she stays away. 

Im too anxious too sleep. Second night I've been wide awake at 2am. Wishing I knew if these contractions I'm having every few minutes now are doing anything. ANd feeling like I'm finally ready to do some nesting, buuuut I'm sure by the time it's morning I will be so tired from lack of sleep I won't want to scrub bathrooms and go through baby stuff anymore. Seriously wish I could be this awak during the day. 
  • Oh man, @Austenista
    I'm sorry you were dealt that hand. It seems like your mom likes attention too. I hope you can find a way to deal with it, social media makes things hard. My DH keeps deleting his FB and he says it makes him feel so much better. But it makes me appreciate that my alcoholic dad and his trashy wife pretty much ignore us. We attempted to get together a few times a year, but it's awkward because the past comes up and he was a terrible dad to us and husband to my mom. My sister just told me that he sold everything in in his house, let my crackhead step sister move in, and he went to His condo in Mexico to live. So it looks like I'll only have to see him during tax time! If that...
    Anyways, I am sorry. Crappy parents suck. It sure teaches us how to NOT be though, am I right? 

I iust woke woke up about an hour ago, ready to go! But it's only 1:30 am. I've learned that if I snack on something real quick I go to bed easier. Cereal time! Unfortunately, my waking up at night and snacking doesn't help swelling weight gain.

• @yellingbanana I have this new thing I call "mom guilt" where I imagine my baby doing this to me later in life and feel guilty and upset. BUT I have to then constantly remind myself of the circumstances, what she is like, and the decision I made was for my baby and myself to stop being responsible for her feelings/emotions/whims. 

I'm glad your dad effectively made it easier for you to stay away. My mom lives pretty far so that helps, too.  

Along that vein, the mom guilt/emotion thing I'm feeling spills into everything now. It's such a weird thought process. I was watching a video of Paula Deen trussing up a turkey with butter and tying its little legs with string for cooking and I started thinking about that turkey growing in its egg and its mama turkey lovingly nesting it, and felt really weird.

I saw a dude on a motorcycle the other day and started thinking about his mama and her growing him in her belly protectively and now he's on a motorcycle on the interstate wearing shorts, smh - such an unusual train of thought for me. 

@whitneyp26 "Seriously wish I could be this awake during the day." 
    True story. During the day I want all the naps. At night I'm awake and my brain is whirring. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited November 2016
    Oh my gosh!!! I do that too! Does that make us weird?? I especially do it when I'm annoyed, because then I remember to not be a grumpy jerk. I just picture them as a baby, and that they were innocent and most likely loved and fussed over.

• Hugs to everyone who is awake not by choice at this time-I got up at 4:45 which is only 15 minutes before my alarm-because the coffee maker was flipping out and sounding like fireworks. I was so worried that I didn't put the carafe under the coffee or that I hadn't put water in that I got up and ran in the kitchen...to find nothing amiss except the noise. 

Also, hugs to those dealing with family issues/just with crazy family. I know all families have a special little nuttiness to them but some-whew. Let's just say I moved to the east coast initially because there was no way I could get dragged into the drama and asked to come help out if I was 10-12 hours away. Now I'm 17 hours away, so most of the time no one tells me anything that is going on! 
  • Dude, there are so many of us awake right now!
    And @SmashJam, I'm pretty sure a large part of why my sister moved to VT was to avoid the family! Also, she says we are all going to die in a giant earthquake (we are in WA state). She is super sweet, lol. I lived far away from family for a couple of years, there are pros and cons of each. 

• @smashjam I definitely turned on the Keurig the other day without putting a coffee mug underneath to catch the coffee. Thank goodness we have one that has a tray. :o 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @yellingbanana maybe it's a mom thing? My grandmother used to always say to me, "Remember, everybody has a mother." She meant it as a way to remember to be kind to everyone or try to be compassionate no matter what. I think now, as I'm becoming someone's mother, I finally understand what she was trying to tell me. 

BabyFruit Ticker