July 2016 Moms

November Randoms

Re: November Randoms

• TiffRox81 - interesting... l'll have to look into it- that thing looks crazy!

@winnie1122 - yikes!!  you've got a baby on the move now!
  • Loading the player...
  • Pray for me...I'm venturing out to our closest Buy buy baby for a couple things. Hoping the holidays crowds and snob moms that live in the area don't chase me out before I get what I need!!
  • adough27adough27 member
    edited November 2016
    Same here, just rolling on her side, she is almost there! I was reading a bump article that recommended to stop swaddling around 3-4 months so baby can move and that swaddling can potentially delay rolling over and other movements, has anyone else heard this? C is 4 months and she sleeps so peacefully when swaddled, should I start transitioning her out of the swaddle now or should I wait until she can turn over? I don't know why, but for some reason no longer swaddling her makes my heart hurt, I guess another stage of growing up.

*edited because grammar.
  • edited November 2016
    @winnie1122 glad he's safe! We are only rolling back to tummy, but it was hard for me to adjust to a "mobile" baby because I was used to leaving her on our bed to use the bathroom or change or whatever, now she stays on the floor. Even then, she shrieks and cries if she gets stuck on her belly. Really hoping she can figure out tummy to back soon!

ETA question: anybody have babies who are close to independently sitting? We are so so close, she can get up halfway by herself, and when we help her get the rest of the way she can sit by herself for about 30 seconds before tipping over. Just wondering if anyone has any tips for encouragement we can give her to help?
  • @schaze WOW! Nope. No where near that close to independent sitting. Jealous!! I cannot wait for that. Put a video on Instagram! I'd love to see her. :smile:
  • @TiffRox81 haha I'll try to get one next time! She really only does it for DH for whatever reason. I think she's trying to impress him.
  • @LDSJM123 My hubby does the same thing!! lol I feel so bad for LO when she gets daddy time :) He's toughening her up for sure...
  • AJ will can sit up pretty well too. He will stay up for about a min or two and then falls over. He also can stay up well sitting or standing just holding onto my or DHs finger. It's really cute cause he'll do that and then get tired and kinda fold over like he's melting. 

DH also put him forward facing in the ergo 360 carrier last week. He did well. 

@adough27 we stopped swaddling a few weeks ago when LO showed a preference for side sleeping. It's was kinda easy to stop because he got a cold and we couldn't Swaddle when he was sick, so then just never started again. 
  • @FTM53, how did it go did he continue to sleep through the night? 
  • Well, he doesn't really "sleep through the night" but once he got better (3-5 days), he went back to sleeping how he was swaddled. On his good nights, he sleeps 9-3, then eats, then up again for the day between 5and 7am. 

Of course recently, we had 4month regression and now brochiolitus so it's been 2 weeks of him up every. Single. Hour. I'm litterally dying. I fell asleep nursing him yesterday afternoon - on the couch! 
  • Okay, that makes me feel better, I will give it a test this weekend and see how it goes. Oh no, 4 month regression is the worst, C insisted on eating every 1.5 hours while we were abroad, I never felt so tired, hungry and sore in my life.  You are going to make it through!! 
  • @adough27- we stopped swaddling at 4 months because DD2 was so close to rolling over. Three days later she started rolling.  DD1 rolled over for the first time in the night, while she was swaddled and nearly gave me a heart attack when I saw her on the baby monitor. Thankfully she was okay, but I didn't want to risk it again.

The last week sleep has been terrible. I'm not sure if it's because I stopped swaddling or because I started giving DD2 a pacifier. I introduced the pacifier because I read it lowers the risk of SIDS. Since DD2 isn't sleeping in our room, I want to do everything else by the book. 
  • @holly142 are you forcing the pacifier? LO sucks his thumb, but HATES pacifiers. 
  • We've had luck using sleep sacks once we quit swaddling...the halo brand. She can sleep without one, just in jammies but I think she likes the sacks. And now that winter is coming I feel like it acts as a blanket since the poor babes can't have blankets yet. 
  • @FTM53- I put the pacifier in. She's taken to it really well unlike DD1. I won't say I force it. If she spits it out I only put it back in if she's fussy. 
  • L rolled onto her back the other day and I missed it. 

She also is getting close to sitting up, mostly supported though.
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• LO rolled from back to tummy tonight while I was grabbing a new diaper. DH was pretty upset he missed it. That's what happens when he skips on the diaper changes! 
  • Oh man, leap 4 is in full swing and I'm dying. Up every two hours last night and couldn't put her down at all today, wouldn't nap, and now screams if I put her in her crib.  :s
  • My prayers are with you dear. Praying that you find grace to enjoy the Christmas holidays and find something new real fast after....
  • @setosh Ugh. My thoughts are with you. Wishing you a speedy and successful job hunt!
  • @setosh OH No!! That sucks! Thoughts and prayers are with you and as is said in my house "they are poopheads". 
  • Don't you just love when your baby farts on you? Lol
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• LO has a terrible cough, but he farts when he coughs so it's kinda really funny, too...
  • Good luck @arhodes6 !
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • @setosh I'm sorry to hear about your job woes. Totally crappy to have to think about that around the holidays. Hopefully you can find something!! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you. 

Sleep training is diffcult for all! Good thoughts to you!! @arhodes6
  • @arhodes6 We stopped swaddling early on, but I do remember having issues with him startling himself awake when he was flat on his back and he didn't know what to do with his arms. I don't know if you've tried this or have had any luck with it, but my LO seems to sleep better and not wake himself up when I lay him on his side. That might help with the swaddle to no-swaddle transition since the arms can't flail as much on the side! Sometimes I have to pat his back a few minutes to help him settle on his side and not try to flip and look at me, but he relaxes pretty quick when I pat him.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow!