December 2016 Moms
Options

Ticker Change Friday 10-28

How many weeks?

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/raves/questions?

Symptoms/cravings/aversions?

GTKY: (Stolen from Thursday) What are your Halloween plans?

Married 4/12/13
Anniversary
TTC since 6/13
Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Ticker Change Friday 10-28

• Options
    How many weeks?
    34! Wait, wut....6 weeks left? Crud...

What size is baby?
    Butternut squash. Squish was 4lbs 14oz at our last scan so I'm thinking closer to 5lbs now. Sheesh.

Upcoming appointments?
    Already had my 34 week so 2 weeks until my next one. Pediatrician interview next Thursday.

Rants/raves/questions?
    Rant - Squish dropped some. I know this because there is a pressure on my cervix every night now and I have to pee at least once an hour.

Rave - DH is so funny. He keeps telling Squish to stay put, we're not ready for a grand entrance yet. The panic he gets in his eyes when I have a BH or mention Squish is on my cervix is hilarious.

Since the mini drop, increased pelvic/cervical pressure and increased need to pee. More BH. And the cleaning bug bit. I don't know if it's nesting or what, but I'm sick and tired of my messy downstairs so I started cleaning last night. Cue instant panic from DH.

Stay at home, watch Hocus Pocus and hand out candy (read that as EAT the candy because we maybe get 5 trick or treaters in my neighborhood).
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    How many weeks? 34 weeks

What size is baby? large bag of potato chips, baseball glove, savoy cabbage

Upcoming appointments? regular OB visit on Monday

Rants/raves/questions? rave - my BP is staying ok so far = hooray! rant - little G has the hiccups like a million times a day - seriously girl!

Symptoms/cravings/aversions? achy all over - especially my feet this week. tired. waking up in the middle of the night with a million anxious thoughts

putting a bowl of candy out on the front step for the handful of trick or treaters we'll get in hopes the dog doesn't have a meltdown with the doorbell ringing!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many weeks?
    What size is baby?
    Whale shark
    Upcoming appointments?
    Not til 35 weeks when we have a maternity nurse check-in and then 36 for a normal midwife appt.
    Rants/raves/questions?
    I just want to rant. I feel really awkward. I feel large and really out of place in public and at work. My brain is fuzzy and I'm having trouble doing the worky things. It all just feels really awkward.
    I just had another growth spurt - after no weight gain in 8 weeks, 3 lbs in one week. I knew it was coming. WTF is going on in there? My hips hurt so bad. They are just achey. I stretch and they feel better for a split second. I swim and I get maybe an hour where they're ok. I am breathing so heavy. I feel like lashing out at everyone. I just need to mostly hide for the next 7 weeks.
    Halloween party for DS at day care today. Halloween party for family at a friend's house tomorrow. Halloween party/1st birthday party for cousin's daughter on Sunday. Trick or Treating on Monday
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    How many weeks? 31

What size is baby? 4 navel oranges, a bunch of asparagus, a coconut - those don't seem equal...

Upcoming appointments? Monday morning, normal 2-weeker

Rants/raves/questions?
    Rants - Nausea and vomiting started back up this week and my abdominal muscles just ache all the time. Minimal hunger.

Rave - My nails look absolutely killer and I get compliments on them all the time.

Serious question - how does one wipe once the belly gets this big? I'm starting to have a hard time with it!

Symptoms/cravings/aversions? Basically having an aversion to meat proteins, which I've had throughout this pregnancy. This week I've been all about grape juice.

We live out in the country so I don't think we'll have any trick-or-treaters. This is our first Halloween in this house. DSD will be at her moms so we'll probably just watch a scary movie and lounge.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    l9il9i member
    How many weeks? 31 weeks - down to single digit weeks left!

What size is baby? Asparagus or estimated 5lbs according to the docs

Upcoming appointments? I have my 32 week appointment next week

Rants/raves/questions? Holy swelling.  I elevate my feet every night and the swelling goes down, but I can't prop my legs up during the day.  Is there any tips or tricks you ladies have to manage swelling throughout the day?

Symptoms/cravings/aversions? See above - swelling!  Also, many times when I stand there is so much pressure on my cervix, sometimes I stop because it's quite strong.  I'm guessing that's going to stick around until baby makes it's appearance?  My u/s last week showed the baby head down and in my pelvis (how far I don't know).  I mentioned the feeling to the midwife and she didn't seem concerned.  When I feel that strong pressure is it baby moving down more?  FTM here so I really don't know how everything I'm feeling equates to what is actually happening.

I'm having some friends over and we're going to watch a Halloween movie.  Unsure of which yet.  Any suggestions of ones that are on Netflix?
    Me: 26 & DH: 25
    Married: August 2014
    TTC since November 2015
    BFP #1 12/17/15 - MC 1/28/16
    BFP #2 4/22/16 - EDD 12/30/16
  • Options
    How many weeks?
    34 getting close!

What size is baby?
    butternut squash. 

Upcoming appointments?
    Hopefully none until the 8th. 

Rants/raves/questions?
    I'm tired of the hospital already and I still have 38 days until my RCS. I have a bet with DH about how many more times before then I'll see the hhospial. i say 4. my jerk H said 9! ugh. 

I crave to sleep in. I have an aversion to work. 

symptoms... well except for the pre-e stuff earlier this week: back pain, tired, nausea, soreness, I think I'm starting to waddle, grumpiness when asked to do extra duties... loss of appetite and difficulty drinking enough although that's probably due to nausea and aren't their own things. 

my work puts on trick or treating for the kids so in the afternoon we will bring her. then in the evening go to the mall or park for more trick or treating. then to my mom's for dinner and 3 houses of trick or treating  (her neighbors). DD is almost 2.5 so nothing crazy. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @ajstevenson you just kinda figured it out? If you wipe with your right hand, pull the belly over with your left, do some contortions, and tada! Idk... it gets hard but I've always found some way. It may differ depending on baby's position though. High up is not such a big deal and she's still riding high.

• Options
    Haha thanks @sourlemon! She's sitting very low so it just started becoming a problem this week. My sister told me that right before she went into labor it was so bad she actually thought about asking her husband to wipe for her. 

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    @ajstevenson baby wipes may help reduce the number of times you have to be a contortionist. or you could buy a bidet. I kkinda question the efficiency of those though. 

At least it's only a few more weeks, right?

• Options
    How many weeks?
    35! Holy moly, 5 weeks left. This is insanity!

What size is baby?
    A pineapple...it was a pineapple a couple month ago so this time I assume the leaves are involved. How else could he push on my ribs and sucker punch my bladder at the same time?

Upcoming appointments?
    Not this next week, but I went in today to check for heartbeat and make sure he was alive since I hadn't felt him in about 24 hours.

Rants/raves/questions?
    Rant - I've been spotting since I went on a hike on Friday last week and because of that and baby not moving since yesterday midday, I got nervous. I am not like this when DH is home, usually I chill and he helps keep me focused and I wait for movement. I can get out of my head, ya know? But, of course, DH is on a business trip (when he's not hunting this time of year, he's gotta bring some dough into the account) and soon he'll be going on another hunting trip. I just want him home so I'm not so paranoid.

Rave - my dog is the best at consoling me when I'm upset. As soon as I pick him up from doggy daycare (he's so spoiled) or come home, he glues himself to my side. He clearly knows that I've been less of myself and focused on this spotting thing this week. He's such a good dog.

Food still sucks and so does heart burn.

Nothing, hopefully. DH will be coming home from his business trip midday Monday and then I'm hoping to chill. During the day life will be hard and long. The kids at school will be amped for Halloween and it will be hell on wheels for 8 straight hours.
  • Options
     :D@slartybartfast  whale shark!!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers