TTC After a Loss

*****TTCAL Check-in Week of October 24*****

1.) Introduce yourself (if you're new)
2.) Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc)
3.) Rants/ Raves
4.) GTKY: Tell me about your favorite fall activities? Crafting, cooking, baking, traveling, etc.

I hope it's okay I start this.
**TW - Loss & Child mentioned**
Me: 40  DH: 47
Married: 10/2015
DSD: 17
BFP #1: 6/2/15, ectopic, metho 7/15
BFP #2: 12/4/15, cp 12/7/15
BFP #3: 8/5/16, MMC discovered 9/1, Misoprostol 9/19
BFP #4: 5/10/17, EDD 1/20/2018
Baby boy born January 12, 2018, 6 lbs 3.3 oz, 20.5 in.

Re: *****TTCAL Check-in Week of October 24*****

• 2.) Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc) WTO CD12. I had flashing smiley faces yesterday and today, so hoping to be in the TWW very soon.

3.) Rants/ Raves Today is DH and my one year anniversary. We are going out to dinner tonight and than home to BD!

4.) GTKY: Tell me about your favorite fall activities? Crafting, cooking, baking, traveling, etc.
    A few of my girlfriends and I are each selecting one crafting project and purchasing materials for everyone to make the project. We will all get together for a day of crafting, food, and wine (hopefully I will be avoiding the wine). I also love to decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love the decorations and the baking!

• 1.) Introduce yourself (if you're new)
    Today is CD35 (22DPO) and still no AF. FF had my AF date estimated for last Monday - BFN and no AF. I tested again Wednesday on my expected AF date (CD 30) - BFN, no AF. The tests I used were Accuclear I bought online, but I ran out. Never had a cycle longer than 34 days other than my pregnancy, sooo... looks like I'm stopping after work for another test or two. Going to pick up a FR test. No major symptoms other than I've been a bit more tired in the mornings, my nipples are sensitive and I've had some boughts of morning nausea. The last one I don't trust because I personally have always dealt with a little gagging and nausea in the mornings if I wake up and get going without taking a drink or eating for a while.

3.) Rants/ Raves
    My husband and I painted our dining room on Saturday - Sherwin Williams HGTV 'Rock Bottom.' It's a deep charcoal gray. We wanted to do a striped accent wall, but it didn't look good so we did the whole room solid. I LOVE IT! I can't wait to do our living room now next weekend :)

One of my favorite things to do in the fall is go to the local pumpkin patch. It's a nice place because it's also a farm that does year-round 'you pick' so you can just grab a bucket and pick however much you want of all different types of fruits. They also have farm animals to visit and feed. I always pick up apple cider donuts, apple cider, a bushel of apples. Then I eat the donuts while I bake something with the apples.
    I love fall!!

• Loading the player...
  • 1.) Introduce yourself (if you're new) - newish to participating and lurking for a bit. Early MC in June.

2.) Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc) WTO and starting the FW - I don't temp or use OPKs so best guesses here.

3.) Rants/ Raves - Fall seems to fly by - which is great distraction but I just need more time to get everything I want done.

4.) GTKY: Tell me about your favorite fall activities? Crafting, cooking, baking, traveling, etc.  Cooking and baking year round!! We just re-did the kitchen so I have the right space and a second oven. It is perfect!!
  • @E2theB The farm/pumpkin patch sounds like a lot of fun. I miss those in Oregon.

@flipflopped We bought a house right after it was framed, so we were able to pick a lot of the finishes. We were able to get a double wall oven and I love it! I baked banana bread in one oven and pumpkin muffins in the other yesterday.

• 1.) Introduce yourself (if you're new)

I'm not new but have been on hiatus for a few months. TTC #1, pregnant in Dec. 2015, missed mc in Feb. 2016, now starting 8th cycle TTCAL. 

WTO CD 4.

3.) Rants/ Raves

I saw my OB last week and he wants me to have an HSG and CD3 FSH test this month. So my HSG will be on Halloween (yay) 2and it looks like I will have to do my FSH test next cycle since CD3 was Sunday and all of the labs are closed. It's just one obstacle after another. 

I love cooking and baking and do it year-round, but I totally do more in the fall/winter when it's cold out. I also love christmas and have already begun planning it. I can't wait to decorate! 

@NewMommyCoop - I can't wait to decorate for Christmas too!! It will be our first one in our first home. I'm so excited!

@E2theB - we are planning on painting our living room gray too, bu haven't picked an exact color. Our whole new house needs paining so we will probably be busy with that this winter. 

@flipflopped - I soooo wish I had more than one oven...maybe some day! It would save me so much time. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • NewMommyCoopNewMommyCoop member
    edited October 2016
    @MooFish2364 It will be our first Christmas in our new home as well. We moved in in July. We had outlets put in the soffits so we can put up lots of lights! I can't wait for Black Friday!

Edited because I missed a word.

• @newmommycoop that is perfect! We bought for location so a late 60's home from the original owner. We have colored toilets and lots of metalic.

@moofish2364 one day you will. I figured out that the best use of my space was to keep my stove/oven and get a wall oven separate. It's the best of both worlds.

• 1.) Introduce yourself (if you're new)  Not new, but as a refresher - TTC #1, natural MC in Feb 2016 at ~9 weeks, CP earlier this month.  First cycle after the second loss.

2.) Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc)  WTO, CD 14. 

3.) Rants/ Raves  It's Monday.  I had a phone interview scheduled for this morning that has already been rescheduled 3 times and it just got rescheduled again.  Sheesh. 

4.) GTKY: Tell me about your favorite fall activities? Crafting, cooking, baking, traveling, etc.  We did one of my favorite activities this weekend - pumpkin carving!  I also love pumpkin seeds, so I have a whole batch waiting to be baked this evening.  I also love going and seeing the changing leaves, but they have had a slow, dull start this fall. 

@NewMommyCoop Happy anniversary! I also love Christmas decorating.  I think we put our tree up last year the weekend before Thanksgiving, haha!

@E2theB That gray colors sounds lovely! We have mostly gray walls in our house too - it just works with so much.  I hope you get answers (and a BFP) soon!

@flipflopped  Jealous of that double oven!

@MooFish2364  Sorry for all the obstacles; it is always something, it seems. 

Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• 1.) Introduce yourself (if you're new)  Not new, but as a refresher - TTC #1, I have an 11 y/o stepdaughter who I have a great relationship with. Found out I would MC at our first doctors appointment in July (should've been about 9 weeks and only measuring 6 weeks) actually MC Aug. 1 2016. 

2.) Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc)  TWW. AF is due 10/28. Fingers crossed! 

3.) Rants/ Raves  I graduated from Nursing school in May and started a new job in a busy ICU.

I. HATE. IT.  
    My stress level is extremely high right now and I cry A LOT leaving work. I'm looking for something else so I can leave. I don't think the stress is helping my TTC. BLEH. 

4.) GTKY: Tell me about your favorite fall activities? Baking for sure! And I'm that basic girl who loves #pumpkinspiceeverything My favorite time of year. I love going to fall festivals and street fairs too. 
  • @laeberge3 I did cajun pumpkin seeds this year and would highly recommend them.

@lauraash when I was TTC#1 I had a super stressful job. Stress on top of stress is the worst. Good luck!!

• 1. Laura. Age 35 - had missed mc at 13 weeks in March that required two D&C procedures to resolve and the first D&C resulted in a puncture in my uterus. 

2. I'm in the TWW - 7 dpo. trying to keep the crazy at bay and not test until at least Sunday? We will see. Trying to be super positive this cycle....

3. Not much to report. My teaching load this quarter is still kicking my butt and last week that resulted in me only working out ONCE. Got the best of me yesterday and I lost it on my poor DH - so trying to make that a priority this week, which means I was up at 4:30 to hit a 5am orange theory class. Going to drag today.

4. Sports in October are my FAVORITE! October is amazing with football in full swing, play off baseball and the start of hockey (we have season tickets for the Sharks). And then all the family gatherings are great too. We have lots of fall birthdays and made up holidays we celebrate :) 

I'll be back to respond to everyone - just prepping for class..
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • @MooFish2364 I'd call your OB as soon as you can today and ask. I think CD3 labs can still be done on CD4. If you call today, you might be able to still get testing done this cycle.
  • 2.) WTO ... It's CD 8 and I am STILL bleeding.  AF has become the stuff of nightmares since the MC.

3.) Rants/ Raves - See above! Also I burned my right hand pretty badly last night and it's hard to do everything today.  I literally slept with my hand in a bowl of cool water, it hurt so bad.  I was getting ready to pan fry chicken and I had the oil going, and then went to drop in a bit of butter and it slipped out of my fingers and fell into the pan hard and the oil flew everywhere.  I have a new appreciation for the word "butterfingers."

4.) GTKY: We don't have AC so fall means I get to use the oven more without overheating the house!  I also love that it's sweater weather -- or at least, that it will be soon (I'm in Colorado and it's mid-70s today).
  • 1. MMC in March and another in August. This is our first cycle ttc after our second loss.

2. CD 14 - WTO

3. Have had so much trouble with Clear Blue OPKs - bought a pack when we were ttc before my loss and it malfunctioned. So I bought a whole new pack for this cycle and that one malfunctioned on my first try. Now I have spent $80 and have almost 2 full packs  of testing strips and 2 malfunctioned predictors. I hate to buy another one since I have already spent so much money on them and it seems like they just cause me anxiety anyway. I tried temping for the first time this cycle and that is not really working out either I keep forgetting and have been fighting a head cold so I just feel like it is not very reliable right now. First time I got pg I was using opks, second time I got pg OPK malfunctioned so I was just relying on CM -so who knows? Thinking I might pick up cheaper OPKS for next cycle.

4.) I decorate my house for fall and do love all things pumpkin spice. I also love going to fall festivals, pumpkin patches and haunted hayride. We also go to a ski resort about 45 min from our house and ride the chair lift up to take in the foliage. Every year it is hit or miss what we can do though.
  • RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited October 2016
    @TScalei You might try calling CB customer service. I bet they'd refund your money or send replacement packs. Beyond that, you could try Wondfos. I got a pack of 100 for $35 a year ago that I'm still working my way through. I don't always get clear positives, but you can watch the line get darker from test to test, which helps me time things. 
  • @TScalei if you call the company and tell them what is happening with the OPKs, they may send you replacements. I did that with my first batch and they didn't ask too many questions and sent a whole new package.
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Married: 07/2014, TTC since 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/1/16, MC 1/14/16 (6 weeks), D&C 2/5/16 (9 weeks)
    BFP #2: 5/25/16, MC 6/23/16 (8 weeks), D&C 6/24/16, 2nd D&C for retained tissue and fibroid removal 9/1/16
    BFP #3: 12/24/16  EDD 09/04/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @riversong15 - thanks!! the rental just gives you time to get it all perfect in your head before starting :)

@TScalei - sorry to hear about your OPK troubles. I feel like I would be in the same boat with anxiety replated to them and temping.

• @newmommycoop - Happy anniversary! Your crafting night sounds like so much fun! Fx you are in the TWW soon.
    @E2theB- my living room and bedroom are both gray - I love how versatile it is.
    @MooFish2364- I just had my HSG test on Friday and it was not that bad and it is over super quick. I agree with Riversong15 - see if you can get in today for bloodwork it may not be too late!
    @laberge3 - that's a pain about the phone interview being resched.
    @ladipale - I love what a great time of year this is for sports too. Im from Buffalo - so hockey and football are big around here!
    @lauraash - Im sorry your job is stressful - extra stress on top of ttcal is not fun. My DH is a nurse so I know how stressful and tiring the job can be.
  • Thanks @Riversong15 and @stephann85 - I will try calling the company even though it won't help this cycle - getting a replacement pack or money back is better than nothing. Might buy Wondos on Amazon for next cycle too. Thanks!!
  • @RiverSong15 I called this morning...now I'm just waiting for a call back. Hopefully I hear from someone today before it's too late. 

@TScalei thanks for letting me know how your test went! All I see online are horror stories. I have a really high pain tolerance so I'm sure I'll be ok. I just want people to stop messing with my lady bits, lol. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @NewMommyCoop happy anniversary!
    @E2theB fx you get a bfp!
    @MooFish2364 good luck with the tests you have coming up.
    @RiverSong15  how wonderful that you are feeling so much support, your neighbor sounds so sweet. FX things turn around soon for you. and yumm i love butternut squash everything.
    @szwill86 that's so nice your dh  has been around more on the weekends, I can totally relate with my dh rotating schedule. I also LOL'ed at the halloween candy because I was just telling my friend yesterday that I always buy candy too early, eat all of it, and then have to buy more. I also say I will buy halloween candy I don't like so I won't be tempted but yeah, right, that didn't happen.

1.) Introduce yourself (if you're new) not new but I haven't been around much. TTC #2 resulted in ectopic in february, ttcal since May.
    2.) Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc) CD 17, right on the borderline of wto and tww. 
    3.) Rants/ Raves- i feel like all i ever do is complain about opk and interpreting my cycle but for real, this month has me stumped. only time will tell but I think I may have ovulated yesterday which is a little early for me. 
    4.) GTKY: Tell me about your favorite fall activities? Crafting, cooking, baking, traveling, etc. My favorite fall activity is eating all the things! it's so bad. I also love being outside and seeing the leaves change, going apple and pumpkin picking, etc. 
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • @NewMommyCoop I also decorate for Christmas the day after thanksgiving! However we've always rented so we've never done stuff outside so this will be our first year going all out! 

@flipflopped..oh what I would give for a second oven! Perhaps I can convince DH to put that in the 5 year plan. 

@TScalei your fall activities sound so fun!!

2) TWW, 9dpo. Not a single symptom this go round....no late night potty runs, boobs still feel fine, no nausea. So I'm trying to stay positive but I think having a few symptoms would help my optimism

3) I got to see my former team play this weekend and the kids that were on the team last year played so well. They were leaders, they played confident..I was so proud. Also their teammates who graduated last year came back to watch the game with me, it was so nice to have my old team back together again. I miss them so much & realize just how much I miss coaching. So I actually applied for a HS coaching job near my house!! I quit my job to alleviate stress and get pregnant, 5.5 months later im still not pregnant so I figure what's the harm in going back to work when being off didn't really help.. 

4) I LOVE baking! In NH fall starts a little earlier than other places so I've had some time in the kitchen already. I've made apple cider donuts, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and homemade applesauce so far. Next week I'm trying maple fudge and pumpkin molasses cookies.
       I also love football and football food, wings, ribs, pizza on the grill....yummmmmm.  
       In the 6 years we've been together DH and I have carved pumpkins twice,went apple picking once and leaf peeping once. I love the idea of all that stuff but when coaching goes Mon-Sat and football takes up all of Sunday there isn't much time for fall fun. I'm confident we'll learn to make more time and watch less football once kiddos come into the picture. 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @laeberge3 I am kicking myself for not carving pumpkins this year. I have not done it in so long and SD said she wanted to.

@lauraash FX for no AF! Sorry about your stressful job; GL with job hunting; there should be lots of opportunities in your field.

@ladipale I have not been working out either and I hate that. I really need to get back with it. Good for you for getting up early to get it in!

@migdala Ouch! That sounds painful I hope it heals quickly. Burns are the worst.

@RiverSong15 I don't know if I have a favorite. There are so many! I like to make pumpkin cheesecake, homemade peanut butter cups, coconut wreath cookies, and so many others. It's funny because I love to bake and other people say they like it, but I don't tend to eat most of what I bake. I try it and I'm done.  What are your favorites? Also, I can't wait for cooler weather. I found a ton of butternut squash recipes I want to try, but it is still in the 80's here.

@TScalei The chair lift ride sounds pretty.

• @NewMommyCoop You make homemade peanut butter cups? Can we be best friends?!

@szwill86 I have not purchased any candy yet for this exact reason. I already need to lose a few pounds!

1.) 2nd cycle after natural miscarriage in September
    2.) WTO
    3.) I tend to O on the later side and that just makes this part of the cycle soooo boring and slow
    4.) GTKY: Tell me about your favorite fall activities? Football games and pumpkin everything. I'm super basic, ladies. 

• @lauraash welcome!!
    @NewMommyCoop Happy Anniversary!
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe I love making molasses cookies, but never tried pumpkin molasses, sounds yum.

1. Hey ladies! 3rd cycle after being benched 7 months due to Graves' disease developing 2 weeks after my MC. Onwards and upwards.
    2. 2 BFN's, waiting for AF currently. 
    3. R/R: Found out yesterday DH was *really* into starting a TTC lube (I realized that saliva is *not* a good thing, although I did get KU by that). We've been married 2 years, always finding things out about that guy.
    4. GTKY: I miss going apple picking in upstate NY growing up, but I detest hot weather and am soooo happy now getting to run through the crunchy leaves! Fall is the BEST!
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • @hartmich - They are so easy to make and so yummy! I will share the recipe if you are interested.

• @MooFish2364 @flipflopped @NewMommyCoop - The double oven is amaaaaazing. The house we chose had double wall ovens and a separate cooktop with 4 burners. I love to cook so it was perfect for me!
  • @soontobemommahowe - Oh my goodness all your baking sounds wonderful. I know DH and I have been together for 6 years and have only done these holiday activities once or twice. My DH is a nurse so he has a crazy schedule and he is not as into stuff like carving pumpkins and apple picking as I am. And 2 adults doing an activity that only one of them really wants to do is just not as much fun. Thats why Im looking forward to having kids too then it becomes a family activity.

@Moofish2364 - Yeah I made the mistake of reading about it online too and was in a panic but it is nowhere near as bad as some people say.  I hear you on just giving your lady parts a break though! lol
  • @NewMommyCoop FX during the 2ww. Hope it goes by quick and you get your bfp.

@E2theB Hope AF is on vacation and you get your bfp.

@lauraash Sorry your job is stressful.  You spend most of your time at your job so it's important that it not be a major stressor in your life.  Good luck looking for something else. 

@laeberge3 I love cinnamon sugar pumpkin seeds!

@migdala Hope AF hits the road soon.  SO sorry for the long period.  The worst!

@RiverSong15 Hope things start looking up for you.  

@SoonToBeMommaHowe What sport did you coach?  Good luck with the application for the job.  

AFM
    1.) Introduce yourself~ Suzie, semi new (ectopic 9/22 w/ mtx injections)
    2.) Status~ Benched until January (at least...my HCG is coming down sooooo slowly)
    3.) Rants~  So sick right now.  I am a teacher and all the kids have been coughing and sneezing.  Well I musta got some of those nasty germs on me.  I've been sick with a head cold for about 6 days now. 
    4.) GTKY: Tell me about your favorite fall activities?~ Love hiking, especially with the dogs.  I also love to do art. I am a potter and find this time of year so inspiring with all the colors.  I have been really busy throwing on the wheel.  I am trying to to make a pot-a-day for a month.

• 2.) Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc)
    WTO

3.) Rants/ Raves
    I have arthritis in my hip and runners knee and my leg is just killing me.  I'm tired of it hurting. So annoying.  

Baking is my favorite.  I love all things pumpkin.  I am going to get into some crafting this year. I want to make some burlap ribbon Christmas trees.  Hope they turn out
  • 1.) Introduce yourself - See siggy...
    2.) Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc) - TWW - 4DPO, I believe
    3.) Rants/ Raves - My HCG is decreasing but still at levels that turns HPT positive, so I don't even think I'll be able to test with HPTs to know whether I am KU or not. I am set to get follow up HCG on 10/31, which will be 11DPO, so hopefully it shows that I'm either increasing in HCG (possibly KU!) or decreasing in HCG (not KU). Regardless, the waiting sucks.
    4.) GTKY: Tell me about your favorite fall activities? Pumpkin carving/pumpkin patch visits. Corn mazes (there's one in the area that is the largest in the world!). Curling up on the couch and watching the weather change. Cooking/baking.
    *TW*

TTC#1 - 6.3.16
    BFP#1 - 7.1.16, (mo-di twins + singleton) due 3.15.17
    MC singleton - 7.13.16 - 5w
    MMC identical twins - 8.5.16 - 8w+2d
    Misoprostol 4x
    D&C - 9.12.16
    Hysteroscopy - 11.21.16 - Retained tissue filling half of uterus removed, blocked left tube, benched for 2 cycles, on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days
    HSG - 2.7.17 - Asherman's Syndrome. Both tubes open.
    Hysteroscopy 2.13.17 - Incomplete adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days. At least two more surgeries needed...
    Hysteroscopy 3.21.17 - Adhesiolysis for Asherman's, benched & on estrogen/progesterone for 30 days.
    TTCAL #1: 4.24.17
    Hysteroscopy 5.23.17 - Scars reformed. Adhesiolysis. Unsure what to do next...
    Fertility acupuncture - started 6.13.17
  • szwill86szwill86 member
    edited October 2016
    @justsuzie ugh, germy kids are the worst. I'm around them all day too and just woke up yesterday with a stuffy/runny nose and stuffy head. I started Zicam which helps me a lot, so hopefully it keeps this cold short before my fertile window this weekend!

edited for spelling due to my foggy brain
  • @justsuzie I don't even know if I'm in the TWW yet. I got another flashing smiley face this morning on the CB OPK. That is three days in a row! WTF?
    I hope you get to feeling better soon. I hate being sick!

@Mack2342 The burlap Christmas trees sound like fun!

@weareturtles I am sorry it is taking so long for your levels to go down. I can't imagine how frustrating that would be.

• @reneeannemm I am CD13 too (and I am Renae)! FX for both of us this cycle.
    Wow! Homemade cheese? That sounds amazing and difficult.

• @NewMommyCoop I really love pumpkin rissotto and derivatives thereof. The Skinnytaste cookbook has a butternut "farrotto" that uses farro instead of rice. It gets that same creamy texture without all the stirring. I've substituted canned pumpkin and other squashes and it's all been delicious.

@reneeannem I'm sorry for your struggles and your insensitive midwives. You've been missed on this board though. Welcome back! I'm always jealous of your cooking skills.
  • Ahh @reneeannemm, welcome back!!! Oh how we've missed you! I've thought of you often. Hoping you get some answers with all your testing <3
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16