July 2016 Moms
Options

Sleep Regressions/Sleep Help

Re: Sleep Regressions/Sleep Help

• Options
    We are down to one nap...her afternoon naps were always a crap shoot and a few weeks ago she started doing her morning nap around noon. So she will sleep from 12-2 ish and then bedtime is about 7:30. We're still up 1-2 times per night though, blegh.
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    DS has been sleeping well, he's at about 45min to 1hr15min for naps twice a day and bedtime between 730 and 8. But I'm going to install a blackout Roman shade in his room next week. Wondering if that will do anything. 
    @mnkenned do you still nurse at night? Up until a few weeks ago I was up with him twice a night. But then I decided that I would push his midnight feeding until 1:30am and instead just went in there and comforted him. He ended just going back to sleep and then sleeping through his next usual wake up too. Only took 2-3 nights before he stopped waking all together. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not nursing anymore but she does get a little 2 oz bottle when she wakes up. That's a good idea to just comfort instead. I've also switched some of the bottles to water with variable success - I think we're just so tired we do the easy thing and hand her a bottle. Time to start training though or I feel like it will only get harder from here.
  • Options
    Holy moly- between what I"m assuming is part of the 12 month regression, teething (holy drool bucket), and a little cold...sleep is a distant memory :(  Just when I was getting used to her sleeping 11 hours a few days a week...ugh.
  • Options
    So last night my husband put E to bed and he slept til 530am!!!!!  Tonight I put him to bed and he's up already....anybody else noticing a huge difference like that?
  • Options
    @austinjl - yup, almost every time hubs does it she sleeps better
  • Options
    I'm so confused by it!   It's like, how does he remember who put him to sleep and if he should cry for someone or not?!?!?!   Babies are weird!!!!   @kmurdock925
  • Options
    @austinjl - for sure!  I actually thought about this post last night.  My hubs has magical ears that don't hear  the baby wake up/cry at night and was giving me grief about just getting up and taking care of her instead of waking him up to help.  So last night I woke him up...umm yeah.  Disaster.  She just wanted me.  Turned a 15-20 minute wake up into an hour and a half because after her melt down she was too wound up to sleep.  Super. 

When I was on a work trip in May though, he handled everything and she slept like a dream, no wig outs, next to no wake ups...magical. 
  • Options
    Anyone have LOs that yell in their sleep? B and R sleep through the night... but I sure as heck don't. One of them yells or grunts super loud in their sleep at least every hour. Our master bedroom is upstairs and their room is downstairs, so turning the sound off on the monitor isn't really an option. Ugh. So tired. Send coffee. 
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    @shanparadise Oh no! That sounds awful. AJ will "fuss" a few times throughout the night. It's rather loud, but no cries or screams. I'm so sorry
  • Options
    I can't  for the life of me figure out how some nights M sleeps for 8 hours straight and others she's up 2,3,4 times. 
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 ugh same. Sometimes it's 12 hours straight and others he can't seem to make it 3 hours at a time without wanting to nurse. And wants nothingggggg to do with dad in the middle of the night. 
  • Options
    At least I'm not alone. Somehow, that helps. 
  • Options
    It seems like I hear most babies sleep through the night by now, so I'm always a little hesitant to tell people he doesn't consistently--like they'll think something's wrong. It does help to know others are in the same boat
  • Options
    Same here.  We go back and forth between 11 hours straight, one wakeup, or complete disaster.  We have dropped all night feedings so it is all just comfort...and like @kburg15 - she doesn't want dad at night. 
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    AJ has gotten fussier at night. Sometimes he wakes up a few times for comfort. You are def not alone. He'll take dad, but dad reports AJ stares at the door like "Is mom coming? Why are you here??"  :D:D:D
  • Options
    I didn't think I'd be able to tell when DS had his 1 yr leap and sleep regression. But he has proven me wrong. I didn't know it was possible to function on such little sleep. 
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    I hear ya @DachshundMomma. I was up every 3 hours again last night. 
  • Options
    kburg15kburg15 member
    edited August 2017
    @DachshundMomma I read your comment this afternoon and thought to myself "Oh thank God that's not us right now" and what should happen just hours later? Sleep regression. Or maybe sleep separation anxiety? He screamed every time I laid him down tonight, when usually he welcomes his bed. Hoping it doesn't lead to a middle of the night wake up...
  • Options
    We just got back from our trip but the sleep thing started a few nights before we left. He's up every hour. Every. Single. Hour. Sometimes he will go back down without nursing and other times he wont. My poor boobs lol. But after reading these comments I'm wondering if were also going thru separation anxiety. We've had a crazy month and honestly I wouldn't be surprised. 
  • Options
    I could see that as well--lots of changes lately! Although every hour is rough :( hopefully it gets better soon!
  • Options
    Just yesterday I was thinking about how good Elijah has been sleeping!!!!!  Then he woke up at 12:30am and wouldn't go back down til 2am.  
  • Options
    Friends, I need help mastering naptime!  Elijah sleeps really well at night now.  He sometimes doesn't even cry when I put him in his crib at night.  
  • Options
    @austinjl just to cover basics- what are you doing for nap time now? Are you doing the same routine as bedtime? For me, I have a very similar naptime routine as bedtime. And it took a bit of time to figure out his ideal nap schedule (when he's ready and tired, but not too tired)
  • Options
    We had been cosleeping for naps for a long time and that WAS working well but now he fights that hard.  He seems to prefer his crib at night now so I thought that would follow for naps too.  The past week or so I nurse him and then attempt to put him in his crib.  He has fallen asleep in there twice for nap time but for less than an hour.  I'll try a mini bedtime routine!  He loves reading his books before bed.  He also is awake at different times in the morning so he doesn't have the same naptime each day but I do try to wait until he's tired (4-5 hours after waking)
  • Options
    I do 3/4 of our night time routine for naps. I put her in her sleepsack, close curtains, turn on sound machine and sing a song. DD2 goes down really easily. I've been putting her down after 3 hours of awake time. However she's been taking longer to fall asleep these past 2 weeks or staying up longer than 3 hours. Twice last week she only took 1 nap. Maybe he's not tired yet? Could his nap schedule need changed? It's crazy that some of our babies are switching to 1 nap per day. They are so old! 
  • Options
    DS is in daycare T/Th and his new class is 1 nap a day from 12-2, so we just switched to 1 nap last week. He seems to be doing well on it. Our new schedule is 7am wake up (he does this on his own), 12pm starts nap routine, he sleeps till about 145-215, then bed routine starts at 7pm. 

Nap routine is a mini bed routine: diaper, bottle, rocking chair/short book, goodnight poem

book would be just a short a nursery rhyme like "This little piggy"

Bed routine: diaper, jammies, bottle/nurse, teeth, rocking chair/story, goodnight poem

Books are longer actual stories and we spend time with him holding the book and turning the pages

• Options
    My kiddo is currently rejecting being laid down.  She can be sound asleep in my arms and as soon as I stand up and go near her crib she stiffens up like a board and starts crying.  It is killing me...taking 1-2 hours to get her down where it used to take 5-10 mins.  A friend of mine said that it could be separation anxiety based on her age.  Anyone else seeing this?
  • Options
    @kmurdock925 I've been seeing this in other areas, but not the crib. I see it with the high chair and just general being put down. 
  • Options
    Elijah has been at one nap per day for like two months already
  • Options
    @austinjl to quote my 14yo neighbor "He's sooo advanced"  :p AJ reverted to 2 naps a day recently since he's come down with a stomach bug. Going on 3 days now. Headed to the pedi tomorrow  :(:(
  • Options
    Hahaha.    Awww hope your lil one feels better asap @ftm53
  • Options
    Anyone else moving to 1 nap already? We have had about a month of weird/bad naps. And the past 10 days she started only taking either her morning or afternoon nap. So I made the big switch yesterday! Seems she's having a hard time though. She was super cranky for the last hour before I put her down. She's sleeping in this morning as well. 
  • Options
    @shaylalr We've been at one nap since 11 months. It's still hard because they need to sleep more but they just refuse. 
  • Options
    @shaylalr That's awesome! Best I get is 2hrs if I'm lucky. Usually it's closer to 1hr 45min. You have magical nap powers. 
  • Options
    S.O.S Help.  I am on night 3 of sleep training, CIO, I have been dead against it until now but I cannot physically continue to get up with her 2+ times a night.  This is horrible.  I was under the impression that it gets easier by night 3 but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm at a loss.
  • Options
    @CarbAddict Oh no, I'm sorry!!!! Ugh it's so exhausting. Is she still wanting to nurse/bottle at night? I wasn't able to get a full night of sleep until weaning from nursing, and CIO didn't work well with P either (though I wasn't very dedicated, so maybe it could have worked if I didn't give in). When I got him to accept not nursing at night he started sleeping through the night. It was a process though, still had to get up with him for about a week or so but it tapered off and then stopped. I hope you're able to get some sleep soon! 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow!