July 2016 Moms
Options

Sleep Regressions/Sleep Help

Re: Sleep Regressions/Sleep Help

• Options
    kburg15kburg15 member
    We're currently on vacation and sort of out of routine. He's taking great (like 3 hr) naps, but sleeping like crap at night (awake 4 times instead of 2). Probably because I let him nap for so long, but it's so hard to justify waking him up...maybe I will today to see if it will help him sleep at night...
  • Options
    @DachshundMomma E is on a crib sleep strike too. Not quite sure what's going on but it's super frustrating.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD1 has been waking up 2-3 times per night for 2 weeks. DD2 has also been waking up 3 times per night. I'm exhausted. DD1 slept through the night last night and DD2 only woke up 2 times!  However when I went to feed DD2 at 4:45 AM I was so excited about my 4 1/2 hour chunk of sleep and thinking/stressing about everything I still need to do before my house goes on the market for sale tomorrow, that I couldn't go back to sleep :( 
  • Options
    Ugghhhhh...Elijah is starting to fight sleep.  Like he'll be tired and starting to fall asleep and then kick his legs or pop open his eyes to keep from doing it.  Not enjoyable!  I had been nursing to sleep for naps and bedtime and that was working for a long time.  May try some sleep training soon. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    Most of our babies are smack in the middle of Leap 7 (it's a doozey  of a long one). Combine that with teething and I think we are seeing extra clingy, extra fussy, sleep/bottle/crib striking babies. 
  • Options
    @shanparadise can you show us a picture of your velcro'd curtains? J's new room.gets direct sunlight for most of the day and the black out curtains do not work AT ALL. 
  • Options
    https://m.bedbathandbeyond.com/m/product/wraparound-sierra-room-darkening-noise-reducing-2-pack-window-curtain-panels/3243590

I have these black black out curtains and I love them! They have magnets so they stay closed. 
  • Options
    @babycakesday I bought the little Velcro squares on amazon. We have blackout blinds underneath, and then blackout curtains on top from Target. 

• Options
    Ugh yess on the sleep issues :(  The teeth and leap 7...nooooo.  I have blackout curtains in her room from Target too and they're great!  I'm going to have to steal the velcro square idea though for the sides!!  It was fine before daylight savings (not that I'm complaining about sunshine!)
  • Options
  • Options
    Well hello leap 7.  Good prediction of Elijah being under a storm cloud.  Totally accurate.  A double goopy poopy eye (as we affectionately call it) and congestion are not helping.  Send help please!!!
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    @austinjl....yep...I'm right with you! Plus he's teething and these teeth are worse than the other two
  • Options
    Last night was out of the blue terrible. P woke up at 1, which isn't that unusual, but he wouldn't go back to sleep and wouldn't let me put him down (also unusual by now) until 2:30. Then he woke up again at 4:30 and wouldn't go back to sleep at all. I finally woke DH up at 6:45 and he got up so I could get a couple hours of sleep before he had to leave for work. He said P just played contentedly on the floor as soon as I went to bed.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    Awww hugs @winnie1122.  
  • Options
    What is everyones baby's schedule like nowadays? J is still taking 3 naps. Her feeding is all over the place. I've been trying to do three meals snd 2 snacks but I find myself feeding her completely randomly. 
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    edited May 2017
    DS: 
    600am - nurse
    700am - breakfast solid
    900 - breakfast snack
    1000am - bottle
    1030am - nap
    1pm - lunch
    2pm - bottle
    3pm - nap
    4pm - snack
    5pm - nurse
    6pm - dinner & then desert 
    7-730pm - nurse, then bed between 730&8pm

• Options
    Our schedule stays pretty consistent. Sometimes he goes down a few min late or wakes up a few min early, but for the most part it's:
    7 wake up + bottle 
    8 breakfast 
    9-11 nap
    11 wake + bottle 
    12 lunch 
    1-3 nap 
    3 wake + bottle 
    4 snack 
    530-6 dinner 
    7 bottle 
    730 down for the night 

the afternoon nap isn't always consistent, but the morning nap is very consistent! If he doesn't get that nap the rest of the day is shot. 
  • Options
    Ours looks pretty much exactly like @arhodes6 but I sometimes am inconsistent with the nursing/snacks during the day. Also bedtime is still largely determined by whenever P gets tired. Usually it's between 7:30-8:30, but every once in awhile he doesn't slow down til 10...that was last night! 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • Options
    We don't have a set schedule over here but usually Elijah takes two naps for about 1 hour each.  If he sleeps in, he'll only take one but then gets cranky early!  I'm trying to keep him on two.  I usually do 3 meals and 1 snack but the times vary depending on what we're doing that day.  He nurses to nap/sleep.
  • Options
    kburg15kburg15 member
    Our schedule is really similar to the ones others have listed. But our snacks are all over the place and occasionally lunch gets skipped since I come home to nurse. I need to get more consistent with lunch though. 
  • Options
    Here is our schedule! Elise eats big meals and often does not need a snack, but if she is hungry she gets one. 

7am- Wake up and breakfast with formula in sippy cup
    9am- Nap
    11am-Wake up and lunch with formula 
    1pm- Nap
    3pm- Wake up (occasional snack if she seems hungry)
    5pm- Dinner with formula 
    7pm- Bedtime 
  • Options
    @shaylalr how did she take to the silly cup for formula? I plan on trying to replace bottles after he turns 11 months, but he doesn't hold his bottles or cups. I have to do it or he won't ever drink anything. So I don't know how well he will do with drinking 6oz from a cup... but I guess we should start now! 
  • Options
    M's schedule is similar to everyone else's. 

6-7 wake up and Nurse. 
    7- 1st breakfast 
    9- 2nd breakfast 
    9:30-10:30 1st Nap 
    Lunch 
    2-3:30-2nd Nap 
    6:00-Dinner 
    7:30-8:30- Bedtime 

She nurses in there whenever she wants too. Her nap times are not set. But between those times she'll go down. Sometimes they're 40 mins sometime they're 2.5 hours. 
  • Options
    @arhodes6 I waited to do the switch when she learned how to drink out of it independently. I just gave it to her with water at meals and sometimes during play time until she figured it out. We use one of the munchkin 360 trainer cups and she loves it! They are easy to drink out of. I bought her that one because I noticed she was drinking out of cups in the bath. Maybe a straw one would work for him?? He won't have to tip anything! 
  • Options
    @shaylalr yeah he will drink out of a straw, so that might work. I just have a feeling I'll have to sit there and make him drink it like I do with the bottle. He has zero intention of holding it himself! Lazy little dude
  • Options
    @shaylalr idk what my problem is but I cannot figure out the 360 cup! No liquid comes out for me... what am I missing? 
  • Options
    @mnkenned I have actually had a couple moms tell me the same thing!! They told me that theirs have not worked and in each case they were the solid colored ones or not the training cup. I have had no problems with mine. I bought the clear patterned ones. You just break the silicone seal with your lips and you can drink what is in the cup. Also, other brands besides munchkin do not seem to work. My best friend bought some off brand ones and can't get anything out. Here is the one I have: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01ABQBJ84/ref=pd_aw_sim_75_of_12?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KAT386RPVBE5RPR08MDA&th=1

• Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    @mnkenned All I do is bring it to my mouth like a regular cup, tilt, and suck. I also have a Munchkin clear with a whale design 
  • Options
    L has the solid blue/white handles/blue silicone top 360 and we don't have any trouble with it. Like @FTM53 he (our us to check it) just drink out of it like a normal cup. We had a knock off NUK version (Dad liked the design on it lol) and that one was hard for him to get anything out of. So we just stick to our blue 360 cup with handles. I didn't see any clear ones with designs when I was at Walmart. What the heck... Now I'm going to have to search lol
  • Options
    kmurdock925kmurdock925 member
    edited May 2017
    S is a big fan of the Nubby sippy cups!

I'm definitely starting to stress a bit about the transition away from the bottle at 1 and away from formula to whole milk.  I feel like that is SUCH a big change and have no idea how it is going to go.  S still takes a MOTN bottle...do you just give them a sippy with whole milk?  I usually just have the powder in the bottle ready to go in her room...I don't think I can leave a cup of milk sitting out until 4am...

She loves eating now but she still hasn't dropped any bottles.  I THOUGHT we were close to dropping one this weekend but it didn't happen.  She wigged out when it came time for dinner and refused to eat any regular food and would only take the bottle. 

-this is more of feeding stuff, thought I was in that thread and not the sleep thread, oops.  Transferring over
  • Options
    How are naps looking for you guys? I feel like she's heading fast toward just the one nap for the day! She still needs her 10am morning nap. And she typically wakes around 11:15 or so. But this last week she hasn't seemed ready for her afternoon nap until 3'ish if not later!! So she's waking around 4-4:30 and staying up later than usual.
  • Options
    @TiffRox81 I think we are headed to the one nap club. They haven't taken more than one nap all week, and it's usually 1.5 hrs in the morning... which makes zero sense to me. When I try to lay them down in the afternoon they yell until I come get them. Then they're monsters all afternoon. I don't understand them, haha. 
  • Options
    Julia is still taking a nap 10am for about one and half hours. And takes another nap at 3pm for about an hour with a bedtime of 730pm. 
  • Options
    We are also suddenly having an issue with naps! She has been fine with her 9-11 nap. But her 1-3 nap is a huge mess. She won't fall asleep until 2 or 2:30. And then she wakes up angry. I tried cutting her morning nap short but that didn't work. I'm going to try moving her afternoon nap to 2-4 and see if that works. 
  • Options
    We also just recently cut out the afternoon nap when he was 10.5 months old. After waking around 7:30ish, he'll nap at 10am and sleep 1.5-2 hours. Starting daycare was kind of the final straw on ending the pm nap though. On the plus side, he's definitely ready to fall asleep by 7 at night
  • Options
    shaylalr said:
    We are also suddenly having an issue with naps! She has been fine with her 9-11 nap. But her 1-3 nap is a huge mess. She won't fall asleep until 2 or 2:30. And then she wakes up angry. I tried cutting her morning nap short but that didn't work. I'm going to try moving her afternoon nap to 2-4 and see if that works. 
    We just had to do a nap schedule readjustment too. And a bedtime one! DS typically does great for nap #1 but was not good with nap #2 so like you mentioned doing, we pushed it back some. There are days that he doesn't take it though. The later bedtime has helped too.

Similar topic: does anyone else have a baby that fights them tooth and nail at bedtime? Probably 5 out of 7 nights we fight for at least 30 mins. He's exhausted but just does not want to go to bed. We've also started waking up A LOT. I'm talking once an hour. Sleep regression sucks. So does teething.
  • Options
    FTM53FTM53 member
    I've been lucky. Our naps are pretty consistent at 45-60 min at roughly 10 and roughly 3 with a bedtime between 730-8. He generally wakes up between 7-715am. 

@DachshundMomma I haven't had that issue in a long time, but I learned with DS that if bedtime is a fight, I'm putting him down too late. DS also sometimes needs a calm down period, so I keep his room toy/clutter free except for books and sometimes we will go in there and I'll let him crawl around and open/clothes the books, but we talk soft and all movement/touches are soft. It seems to help him unwind and relax for bed
  • Options
    The past week/week and a half-ish she has either slept 10-11 hours straight or had a newborn like up all the damn time night.  I did some googling...and sure enough- there is a 12 month sleep regression.  It is a little different than past regressions because it shows in their naps now.  From what I read they will try to drop to 1 nap but they really aren't ready for that until about 15 months.  Ugh

I'll be pushing for 2 naps and/or an earlier bedtime to see if that helps.  Momma is tired today.
  • Options
    Totally makes sense, @kmurdock925!! That's exactly what I feel like we're seeing with naps. Overnight sleep has still been good....keeping fingers crossed that doesn't change!
  • Options
    Yep I'm starting to see that with naps too, which is a bummer because he was napping SO well the past month and it imploded this week. He only took one nap yesterday and I imagine it will be the same today. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15