May 2017 Moms
Options

pregnant buddy

With this pregnancy or a previous one, have you ever had a pregnant buddy -- a close friend or family member who is pregnant at the same time with a due date that is similar enough that you're going through things around the same time? (like within 3 months or so)

Last time one of my colleagues was due 2 months before me and that was really fun. I've also made friends through prenatal groups and whatnot, but other than that I haven't had a pregnancy line up well with a close friend so that we could have a shared experience. I always wished to have this with my sister, but she is still trying, unfortunately.

Well, I JUST found out today that my best friend from childhood is due in May, about a week or two before me! I don't think she's on this board (but if so, hello G--you definitely know who I am given my signature!) but I'm just really excited I get to do this with her. Unfortunately we don't live in the same city but we are close enough that we'll be able to see each other a few times before we deliver and we'll be able to spend time together with our new babies over the summer.

Anyone else have a pregnant buddy/sister/sister-in-law?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: pregnant buddy

• Options
    One of my good friends has a baby 4 days younger than my DS...and she's due a week after me with baby #2! I'm so excited! I wish my sister would get knocked up, but she just got divorced...so I'm guessing she wouldn't be as thrilled :)
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    My sister and I had baby girls exactly two months apart in 2015. It was so fun, though she lives across the country so we didn't get to connect as often as I would've liked. 

My sister-in-law is preggo right now too, but she's due in a few weeks so can't commiserate too much. Still fun knowing we'll have cousins close in age. 

So cool about your bestie! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thats so awesome, it would be a dream come true but very unlikely since one of my BFFs just had her baby this past May and having another baby already is at the bottom of her list and my other BFFs are single. I have some okay friends that are within 4 months of DD, but we don't live in the same cities so we dont really keep in touch much. Have fun being pregnant with your friend =) 

• Options
    No, but my best friend just told me she's trying again so crossing my fingers...

Everyone, my sister, brother, and most friends, had kids a while ago so my son was born without anyone close on age. Wait- actually my nephew had a kid a few months after me- so my son is already an uncle. Lol. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    My SIL is due 7 days after me 
  • Options
    In my daughter's BMB, two of my friends are due a couple weeks before me. Otherwise, no one else I know is pregnant. Last time I was pregnant at the same time as a friend who also went through IF treatments. That was nice. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    My best friend and I were always pregnant on opposite years. My DD was born Dec. 2011, hers was born almost to the day exactly a year later. My DD2 was born March 2014, hers was born Feb. 2015. It would have been fun to be pregnant together, but it actually worked out awesome because we just swapped our maternity clothes back and forth! 

I just found out my cousin is due 10 days before me this time! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    My sister is due 3 weeks after me! I also have 2 friends from my previous BMB who are due 4 and 6 weeks after I am! 
  • Options
    I would love a pregnant friend! One of my best friends has been trying for a while so I really hope it works out for her soon (both for her and for selfish reasons). Other than that the coworker I work most closely with is about six weeks ahead of me, but she doesn't know I'm pregnant. We don't hang out outside of work but it will be fun when she knows about me so we can commiserate.
  • Options
    My HS best friend and MOH at my wedding is pregnant with #2 and about 9 weeks ahead of me. It's so much fun. Although her #1 is 10 months so we were talking about how crazy it will be when we hang out and have 3 under 2... no more nice lunch dates!! So exciting for everyone! 

Being a nurse, I always seem to have pregnant coworkers so it wouldn't surprise me to have one pop out of the woodwork eventually there too. And I'm pretty close with my "work family."
  • Options
    I have one! My friend at work is due a week before me! And she has just moved to the next village over from me so probably will be at the same hospital too! Xx
  • Options
    A girl I am very close with at work is due 10 days after me! It makes me extremely happy to have someone to go through this with. Plus when one of us isn't feeling well do to symptoms the other steps in to help. We are still trying to keep the news from the rest of our co-workers. 
  • Options
    With both DS and DD, I had the same SIL pregnant 3 months behind me. Yes both times. It was fun. With DS, I also had a good friend due 3 weeks later than me and another friend a month before me. With DD I had one of my best friends due 2 months after me.  

This time around I have a different SIL due a few days later than me. So far that is it but it's still too early for everyone to have announced. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    One of my friends from college is expecting a surprise #3 baby in March... But I haven't announced yet so she doesn't know about me yet. She's about 4 hrs away though so I don't see her that often.

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Unfortunately I had no pregnant buddy when I was pregnant with DD. Maybe I will this time around but so far no. 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Options
    My very best friend is due the end of December, we are almost exactly 20 weeks apart from each other. We were both tying at the same time, my body just took longer. It will shall be fun having them 5 months apart from each other as we hang out almost daily.   I'm also very close with my work "family" and we always have pregnancy groups (typically groups of three due very close to each other). With DD the three of us were all within 6 weeks. So far no one has announced they are pregnant but I wouldn't be surprised if there is someone. 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My 1YO has a cousin 5 months older than her, and the same SIL is due 2months before me this time. (We haven't told them yet, so they don't know.).  It's getting to the point that I was teasing DH that we need to warn them when we start TTC, because they will get pregnant while we are trying, before we do!   I like SIL, but we are really very different people, so it is interesting being pregnant at the same time because we react to the same things very differently sometimes. 
  • Options
    My SIL is about to have her baby, but I love that we overlapped. I have a few old friends who are pregnant, but no one I am close with. Hoping my BFF can join me soon :)
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    My future SIL is due in 3 weeks, so her son will be about 6 months older than this LO.  Unfortunately, she lives about 6 hours away and I rarely see her.  Then we will be married and moving to Rhode Island when her son is 8 months and our LO is about 2 1/2 months.  So, we won't really be pregnant together and our  LO's won't really grow up together.

I've always been an older mom so I've never had anyone close to me pregnant at the same time.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• Options
    I emailed my BFF from college to tell her we were expecting baby #3, and she responded with "I'm a week behind you!". With DD#2, my other BFF and her sister were expecting within 6 weeks of me! It was so fun, but made it hard later when DD was delayed and their kids kept hitting their milestones. It's all good now, though :)

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • Options
    My sister in law is about 2 weeks behind me! I was really excited to find out because I'm pretty close with her (even though we live on opposite sides of the country) and they weren't really trying, so it was a coincidence. Her first ultrasound was a little questionable, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that their little one is growing when they get it check out this week. Obviously, I'm most concerned about how they will handle a miscarriage (if it happens) since this is their first. But I'm also worried about how I will talk about my pregnancy with them if they do undergo a loss... 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 must be something in the water at the hospital...I know of 3 other coworkers who are due from March to June! Someone in our department is always pregnant it seems!

Aside from work...I found out my best friend is pregnant and due roughly a week before me! I am so happy we can go through this together and that I have at least someone to talk to about pregnancy (outside of the Bump, of course) :smile:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yep! In my first pregnancy I had four coworkers and SEVEN gals at church that were all due within 6 months of each other. (Talk about something in the water that year??) 
    In my last pregnancy I had two friends due within a month or so of me. 
    This time around my BFF is due in March! We are super excited! 
    Me:33/DH: 34
    Married: July 28, 2012
    DD: July 29, 2013
    DS: July 1, 2015
    Current EDD: May 15, 2017
  • Options
    @NurseK2016 we always say it's in the water! Someone was just commenting that we only have one right now and she's due at Thanksgiving. But I won't be a secret much longer - already a few know at work and I'm sure as I have to avoid certain patients I'll get outed!! I hope another one or two come out of the woodwork too! 
  • Options
    @NurseK2016 and @ShadeofGreen816 there's something in the water in my school as well.  We currently have 6 people pregnant between our two campuses.  My boss is freaking out because we don't use district subs so no one knows what we're going to do when they leave, but I think it's great!
  • Options
    In my first pregnancy, my sister and I were about 2 weeks apart. It was amazing and we had never been closer. I was concerned when I had my loss that it would be hard to be around her baby but I love the shit out of that little girl. I was very uncomfortable around my SIL's son who was born a few montha before my EDD but for some reason my sister's baby didn't bring up that discomfort. I wish I had a pregnant buddy this time!
  • Options
    None of my close friends or coworkers are in the same boat as me. In fact, many people I know are anti-baby. I feel pretty alone in this whole process, which is why I joined this board! It's been so helpful so far! 
  • Options
    @starphish18 I was in the same boat when pregnant with DS two years ago.  None of my friends were even close to having a baby and it was definitely lonely.  One your little one is born, I would highly recommend joining a moms group to make some mom friends.  Your non-mom friends will be very important as well, but it is so great to have people to talk to IRL who know what you're going through and have been there.
  • Options
    @RainyDays86 I think that's definitely good advice. I haven't looked into it much yet, but I hope I can find a group here from baby classes or in our school district or something. 
  • Options
    @starphish18 you definitely have time :smile:.  Check out your local library too.  Ours does a weekly free baby class where we read books, sing songs, etc and I think those are pretty common.  
  • Options
    It's mostly just me. A friend from my old BMB is about 6 weeks ahead of me but we don't have any friends or family where we live. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    It's mostly just me. A friend from my old BMB is about 6 weeks ahead of me but we don't have any friends or family where we live. 
    This is a bit off topic, but what are you planning to do with your DS when you go into labor?  We don't have any friends or family nearby us either and while my mom is planning on coming out around the due date, I am starting to worry about what I will do if I go into labor early and she's not there.
  • Options
    This is a bit off topic, but what are you planning to do with your DS when you go into labor?  We don't have any friends or family nearby us either and while my mom is planning on coming out around the due date, I am starting to worry about what I will do if I go into labor early and she's not there.
    That was us when DD was born. We had a regular sitter for DS for the one night I worked per week, and we asked her if she could watch him overnight depending on when I went into labor (i.e. if a family member would be visiting at that time or not.) Sure enough, DD came in between visits from family members because she was late; we had thought that she would have come when FIL was there, but no. We only needed one night, though, because then my dad came to visit for the second night. Also, it was during the week, so the sitter just needed to show up in the evening (around 7pm), stay overnight, then take DS to daycare the next morning.

As it turned out, DS's best friend's parents also offered to take DS at the last minute if we had not set up the sitter. Basically, through the course of the pregnancy we developed a close enough friendship with that one family. But it was easiest enough to just continue with the plan we had.

• Options
    We haven't talked about this yet. I'm sure my mom will come out once the baby is born but as far as the hospital and labor go I'm actually pretty ok with him staying home at night and just being with me during the day when daycare is open. Weekends obviously could get tricky. 

I dont see him being ok with this but it is what it is. 

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with my son, my sister in law was due just short of a month before me. She ended up being two weeks late and our boys were born 13 days apart. It was both our first pregnancies and it was so much fun being able to chat and sympathize with one another!
  • Options
    I'm one of six at my work that's pregnant. I'm close with one of them and we're 2 weeks apart.