May 2017 Moms

Second Time+ Moms check-in 10/19

How are you guys doing? Share funny stories of your LO(s) here or anything pregnancy-related.

Here are a few from my kiddos:
1) This weekend we went to a wedding and DS (5) was obsessed with the bride (but shy about meeting her). He loves the fancy dresses, etc, and has done this before at a wedding. Anyway, yesterday he told me, after MUCH hesitation, "I am in love with someone." He said it's not his best friend (a boy), but a girl whose name he doesn't even know, but who is in a different kindergarten class. He thinks she looks like the bride from the wedding. He said he's too nervous to ask her her name, but will ask her friend (I expect he's too nervous to ask her friend, too.) He wants to make her a card of some kind. It is completely adorable.

2) I noticed recently that DD (3) answers all of her yes/no questions with full sentences. She sounds so formal and I have no idea of where she got it from, though I noticed myself doing it after I noticed her doing it. That made me wonder if she got it from me, but I think I only just started doing it, and I got it from her.
Me/DH: "Do you want to go to the bus stop with your brother?" DD: "Yes, I do."
Me/DH: "Do you want dinner? Are you hungry?" DD: "No, I am not."
Me/DH: "Is your baby doll tired?" DD: "Yes she is."
Me/DH: "Is it time for bed?" DD: "No, it's not." <-- This might be phrased as a statement ("It's time for bed, DD!"), but she'll still answer with, "no, it's not," more often than "no."
It's almost never "no" or "yes." Though when she does say no, I think she says, "nope."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Second Time+ Moms check-in 10/19

• Loading the player...
  • DD has been into "why?" questions these days. "Mama, why is it getting dark?" "Why do I have to go to school?" "Why do you have to go to work?" No matter how you answer the question, she continues to ask "why?" Cute and a bit annoying at the same time. 
  • @kat81 Your DS and my DD would get along just fine!  She has not 1, but 2 boyfriends at her kindergarten class. And I received a call from her teacher that she had kissed one of them on the cheek!  Unfortunately she comes by it naturally ;) 
    She did get student of the week this week though, so at least the boys aren't interfering with her school work yet, lol!

@JonesBaby0624 OMG your son sounds like a riot!!!

All else is well here.  My DS is being pretty clingy lately with me, he is 3.  We will be working on getting him adjusted prior to the baby coming, I think he will be the one that has the hardest time coping with everything.He is such a momma's boy right now.
    Me: 33 / DH: 35
    Married: Nov 2006
    DD: Sept 2010
    DS: June 2013
    BFP #3 - EDD 5.13.16
  • Squirtgun said:
    I text DH at lunch most days, just to see how his day is going and such. I've started asking daughter what she wants to say to daddy. Here are a few of my favorites. 
    "I don't have pants on."  (She was wearing a dress.)
    "[sister] likes hummus. I like daddy a LOT!" 
    "Just kisses today." 
    "I had a bad day last week." 
    "I color [sister's] nose. And her mouth! Her mouth is clean."  
    Yes, her mind works in weird ways, but it amuses me! 
    I LOL'd at "I don't have pants on."

• Ahaha...these kids stories crack me up! It's so funny to hear how kids at different ages process daily life events. 

Not a lot going on here! My son has taken to eating with utensils in both hands, which is equal parts hilarious and messy. And he's currently obsessed with skeletons (happy ske-te-nons) and spiders. And singing the itsy bitsy spider. And rearranging the words/subbing in words that don't belong and laughing at himself. 

Anxious for my appointment tomorrow! I never really stress between appointments, but when they are nearing, I start hoping that everything's progressing as it should and start worrying about what happens if they aren't. I would absolutely hate to have to live a 1st trimester pregnancy over again after what feels like the longest stretch of weeks in my life (nausea, exhaustion, etc). 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Kipperoo I literally said that to my hubbs last night: (paraphrasing some comedienne) "I think amnesia is having more than one kid. Why would I go through this again? And voluntarily?!" The longest weeks, yes, you're 100 percent right.
  • Everything is pretty normal around here! I finally have my first appointment next Tuesday! My DD is hilarious and she talks all the time (seriously she never.shuts.up). Her latest phrase is "two more minutes, Mom," as she hold up two fingers. Literally everything I say I get back that phrase. I have no idea where she got it from.
  • LOL @ donkey grass. I love it!
  • @wombthereitis  Oh my God for real! My pants barely fit and I'm only just getting close to 11 weeks.

Nothing really my kids says if he's 16 months but he definitely has started a love for dancing and dances all the time even when he eats it's hilarious!
    Only one Love 
    Born in June, three weeks early 

• DS (3) still insists there are 2 babies in my belly and he'll stand up, spread his arms and say "All sisters!" Like he's ruling over them.  But then ask him if he wants a brother or a sister and he'll say brother.  So, at least he is OK with not getting what he wants.

DD (19 mo) just keeps pointing at my book when I ask her where the baby is.  

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• @bacorrea do we have the same toddler?!? Everything is "two more minutes". Sometimes she even asks us to put on a timer. 
  • @achays11 haha the great thing is she has no concept of "two minutes!" She hasn't asked for a timer yet! I wonder if they got it from a tv show or something? It's not anything my husband or I say. 
  • @bacorrea Haha my DD2 has come up with "hold tight" when she wants me to wait. I have NO idea where she got that from but it's pretty darn cute in her two year old voice. 

DD1 is absolutely positive this is another baby girl which doesn't make my husband so happy! 

@WombThereItIs SERIOUSLY! My jeans are not fitting either and I have been dreading the box of maternity clothes! I swore I would make it to 2nd trimester before I dragged them out but seeing as I'm only 9 weeks, I don't think I can make it. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • We haven't told my DS(4) that we are expecting again but he must know. He keeps asking me if we have a baby in my belly can we name him Frank-Mia. We have to wait to tell him because he has a big mouth and can't keep secrets. He likes to tell people what their presents are before they unwrap them. Lol 

DD(20 months) now calls farting "Pooting". It's probably her favorite thing to say right now. She just loves to tell anyone that's with in sight if she is "pooting". 
  • @tammynixx LOL @ "Frank-Mia"
  • My three year old DD dropped her toy pots while "cooking" and yelled "sh**!"
    Lovely. I really don't have a potty mouth, but I guess in moments of panic, that word is most likely to come out.  :s
    She is also in the "why" stage... which is awesome, but ohmygosh ask me why the sun goes down one more time... 

DS (15 month) discovered he can push the chairs out in order to climb up onto the dining table. So that's wicked fun The latest time he did it (in the two min I was in the bathroom...) he was standing there saying "uh oh! Dow(n)!" So... at least he knows he shouldn't be there? Haha :D
    Me:33/DH: 34
    Married: July 28, 2012
    DD: July 29, 2013
    DS: July 1, 2015
    Current EDD: May 15, 2017
  • @WombThereItIs @h&amp;pmomma  Embrace the maternity clothes!!  I also thought it was way too early, but with baby #3, I definitely already need them! You will be so much happier!
    Me: 33 / DH: 35
    Married: Nov 2006
    DD: Sept 2010
    DS: June 2013
    BFP #3 - EDD 5.13.16
  • Yeah, I'm definitely wearing full panel maternity pants today. It was a great decision. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Right there with all you ladies already rocking or about to rock maternity pants. It's unbelievable how much quicker I need them this go around. And it's crazy because I've actually lost 6 pounds this first trimester, and yet STILL the pants don't fit. Clearly my body is pouncing back into baby-housing action...
  • So a new question... my first pregnancy was mostly spring/summer so I was able to just wear maxi skirts all the time at the end. Even though it will be mostly the 2nd trimester during winter time, would you bother with a maternity jacket or coat? I just dug out one of my oversized coats, and literally stuck a balloon under and tried to button it haha. So far I'm leaning toward no I won't bother but still cant help wonder about the rest of y'alls plans.

• pshaortao , I'm thinking no on the maternity coat, but I could change my mind if it turns out that I need one mid-winter. Basically, I'm thinking I can get away with my coat buttoned, but worst case I just leave it partially unbuttoned? But maybe that's wishful thinking. My last pregnancy was also mostly spring/summer, so I didn't have to deal with this...
  • I can still wear most of my stretchy jeggings, which is what I wear most days.  I did wear a pair of maternity pants the other day and they were very comfy.  But I kept having to pull them up repeatedly.  It was sups annoying.  I have started to transition some of the flowy maternity shirts in to my wardrobe.  Pregnant or not, I always have a belly so I rotating my normal stash of flowy shirts too.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Abby7Abby7 member
    edited October 2016
    @pshaortao I thought I would need a maternity coat last time (was due in late March in Chicago) but I'm glad I didn't get one because I never needed it. I had a belted parka that wasn't too tight to begin with and it served me up to the end.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
  • @pshaortao  I am counting on needing a coat, but it probably depends on where you live. I live in Michigan and it snows into March and usually once or twice in April and can be very cold in May. Last pregnancy I was due at the end of August and couldn't do up my coats at the end by the cold season and had to borrow one a couple sizes up. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • @pshaortao that's a great question about the coat and I've been wondering that too!  Last time DS was due 12/1 (came 11/24) and there were only a few days where I needed a buttoned coat, so I just borrowed DH's (and looked like a fool).  This time I'm thinking maybe yes because we have crazy cold days into April and even May here in Colorado.