June 2017 Moms
Options

2nd+ Time Moms Check in (10/19)

Haven't seen this up and not sure if its an "approved day" for it but I would love to check in with the other 2nd+ time moms here.  Never done one of these so I'm making up some questions.  

What # child will this be for you?

How are you doing - keeping up with the other child/children?

Anything majorly different this pregnancy so far?

GTKY - Whats your favorite sans kids hobby?

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                     BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
      BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                               BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

Re: 2nd+ Time Moms Check in (10/19)

• Options

Not so great, I am holding down the fort on logistical stuff (e.g., laundry, dinner) but hands on time other than rocking/cuddling is tough with my nausea.  DH is really stepping up, which I appreciate... even if he is a little bit annoyed.

Reduced nausea comparatively, but I think that is just because I had twins last time.  So thinking this is a singleton.

I love anything DIY... sewing, building, painting, crochet... as well as sports.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love the idea of this thread! Mom-ing is hard in first trimester.

so far so good. I work in daycare, so I've got many children to chase and play with, hoping the next couple months go smoothly.

This is probably (read: definitely) our last baby (that we plan for anyways). So I'm really trying to soak it all up, not wallow in my nausea too badly, and stop counting days. I feel less nauseous than I did with my daughter, so that's a bonus.

Wine.
    Also spin class (which I'll do until birth I hope) reading, crocheting, and refinishing furniture. 
  • Options
    What # child will this be for you? 4

I'm struggling with their extracurriculars, I just want to come home from work and relax, but we're always on the go.

Anything majorly different this pregnancy so far? Not much different this go round.

GTKY - Whats your favorite sans kids hobby? Sewing.  I love to sew, but I don't get much time to do it.
  • Options
    I am fine with it, but only because my nausea is the worst at work
    Last time the only symptom I had was no period. This time I have lots of MS
    Shopping! Or taking a bath :)
  • Options

Just OK. She goes to daycare while I'm at work and the Mr is great about helping with her. I sleep everytime she sleeps (which means I get nothing done around the house)

Just my mindset. I was very worried last time and obsessed about any perceived change in symptoms. This time I'm more laid back.
    Crocheting, reading, boozy brunch, rock concerts... The list goes on and on! Hahahaha

• Options
    What # child will this be for you?  This is number 2.

How are you doing - keeping up with the other child/children? Meh. I'm so exhausted and some days I feel really guilty that I don't feel like entertaining her all day.

Anything majorly different this pregnancy so far? Not yet. 

GTKY - Whats your favorite sans kids hobby? Watching a tv show or movie with a glass of wine at the end of the night. Oh, how I miss wine already!
  • Options
    What # child?  2
    How are you doing with other child?  Pretty much the same so far.
    Anything majorly different so far?  Nope.
    GTKY:  I love to do crafting, reading, and play video games.  I'm starting to take a yoga class next week.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    What # child will this be for you? 2

How are you doing - keeping up with the other child/children? Fine so far, aside from being slightly tired (which I always am anyway) I'm feeling pretty normal. 

Anything majorly different this pregnancy so far? The constipation is worse.  My boobs don't hurt yet, but I'm still nursing DD in the evenings so maybe they don't have as much preparation to do this time, haha.

GTKY - Whats your favorite sans kids hobby? reading, shopping, yoga...used to be travel but that's pretty hard because I never want to leave DD and the places I really want to go are not conducive to bringing a 16 month old along.
  • Options

What # child will this be for you? 3

How are you doing - keeping up with the other child/children? Good so far, but I'm still on the early side. I am in bed as soon as my oldest has to go into her room. 

Anything majorly different this pregnancy so far? The fact that this was unplanned and I wasn't on fertility meds... So I'm all "what do normal pregnant people do??!!" I had to whine to get a set of betas haha. Symptoms wise, still early so hard to say. 

GTKY - Whats your favorite sans kids hobby

There are non kiddo hobbies?? Between therapy, school, sports, playdates... I don't have time. I do like to bake, trying to cut back on that though!

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    What # child will this be for you? 2

How are you doing - keeping up with the other child/children? So far, pretty good. Did notice some cramping when I picked up DD (all 32 lbs of her) this morning, so will need to be careful there

Anything majorly different this pregnancy so far? More anxious, and I definitely don't remember the cramping this early on last time (I'm around 4w5d now).

GTKY - Whats your favorite sans kids hobby? I took up knitting pre-DD, but haven't really picked it back up since her appearance. Something about having sharp pointy things around a toddler just hasn't seemed like a good idea...
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    @Turbotastic - thanks for getting this started!
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options

I'm keeping up with the kids fine, it's everything else that I can barely keep up with. Normal adulting like laundry and meal planning and getting out of the house on time. I often wonder how "together" moms do it, the ones I see coaching soccer and running the PTA.

At 5w5d I still barely feel pregnant. Either this pregnancy is off to an easy start or I'm just used to being tired/headachy.

Sleeping, grocery shopping.

But really though, I'd say spontaneously going out for dinner & drinks, or a weekend away. Once we added the third kid the babysitting offers dropped off pretty drastically lol. Most of the other things I like I can do with the kids by my side. 
  • Options

It's been difficult keeping up with a newly crawling 11 month old when I feel this nauseous. I am so nauseous!!

more nauseous than last time.

shopping, reading outside on our porch, watching tv
  • Options

Luckily my son is in kindergarten so it's been pretty good. 

A lot more nausea and metallic/weird taste in my mouth. Last time all I wanted was water, fruit and juice in the beginning. This time I want all the junk and sweets.

Hmmmm I don't have hobbies per se but I do enjoy my alone time to shop, get some coffee, and hang out with my friends.

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~

5/9/09
    Lilypie - Personal picture 

Here We Go Again!!

• Options
    What # child will this be for you? Numero dos

How are you doing - keeping up with the other child/children? I have good days and bad days. I sleep like garbage which in returns puts me into a foul mood which then reflects on my 'tude towards DD. She goes to sleep at 7 so Ive been trying to get to sleep earlier at night.

Anything majorly different this pregnancy so far? I had MS super early for like 2.5 weeks and now its gone. The acne is bad this time. 

GTKY - Whats your favorite sans kids hobby? I enjoy napping and sports. annnnnd Beer. always beer.
  • Options

Pretty good so far!

My lack of morning sickness is great. Honestly don't even feel pregnant except for some cramps and extreme hunger 

Horseback riding. My husband and I used to ride together all the time. Stopped when I was in third trimester last time. We only have ridden twice since my son was born. So, my husband sold his horse and now I have no one to ride with. Plus by the time we have the second baby I see no time at all for that. 
  • Options
    We are currently in a hotel in between house closings and my 18 month old is fighting bed time bad. Not sure if its that or the pregnancy but its making me tired and a little frustrated. Other than that no issues yet.
    Last time I was very nervous. This time I am too distracted by toddler wrangling to think too much. I know my midwifes nutrition requirements this time around so I started following them right away. Im thinking thats helping with avoiding some of the unpleasant early symptoms I had last time (constipation, exhaustion)
    Reading, running, hiking
  • Options
    Stuck in text box world here - sorry

Great idea for a thread! 

I work full time M-F so I'm not home that much to get to see them or spend time with them. It's still early and I'm able to handle them right now. Normally I'm home by 5 and then it consists of our normal evening routine of running errands, taking a walk and then bedtime. They are both asleep by 7:30/8. Still getting up at night though especially with my youngest so that's been tougher lately.

Nope so far it seems like my 2nd pregnancy with a bit more nausea thrown in but not as bad as my first and I'm hoping it stays that way. 

Being able to have date night and go out to eat or drink without yelling :smile:
    Or taking a bath or sleeping lol  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What # child will this be for you? Two

How are you doing - keeping up with the other child/children? I'm doing okay with my DD. My BF is a teacher and after school program director. So he is gone from 7-7 every week day and I feel bad asking him to help with DD or housework when he gets back. I'm just so exhausted by the time I pick her up at 3:30 that she has been watching a ton of TV in our spare time. I try to get her out to the park and for walks, and still do well with dinner and bedtime. This is also going to sound dumb but we have a puppy (a big 9 month old puppy) who is actually satan, and she's causing my older dog to act out. They are harder to manage than my actual child. 

My first pregnancy was so much easier so far! Everything was about me the first time and now it's not haha. I also really didn't care about giving up alcohol and coffee the first time. Now I'm finding it much more of an inconvenience. I am so missing my morning energy and evening relaxation.

I don't know if any of my things are actual hobbies. I love reading. I love watching TV. Prior to the last few weeks I enjoyed going to different breweries and wineries and am looking forward to that again. 
  • Options
    Good call on this check-in @Turbotastic - being pregnant and having kiddos already is a very different experience!

I'm only 5w today and not feeling awful so we're doing pretty well for now. My last pregnancy I was useless for several weeks!

I have experienced intense exhaustion each pregnancy and this time I am either just fully prepared and, therefore, less bothered by it, or it isn't as intense. I was going to bed as soon as the kids last time around but this time I am still functional after bedtime!

Shopping. How glorious is shopping all by your lonesome?? Even if it's just the grocery store!

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Options

How are you doing - keeping up with the other child/children? I have managed to not puke on either child yet.  I'm calling that a victory.  Morning sickness really kicked in this week and the struggle is real.  The days are long (out the door for daycare drop off by 6:30 - home from work at 6 - dinner/bath/teeth/books for kids and oldest in bed by 8 - dinner with DH around 9 followed by prep for the next day).  The struggle is real and I just want SLEEP.  

Anything majorly different this pregnancy so far?  Pregnancy #1 was pure fatigue.  Pregnancy #2 was nasty "morning" sickness (morning sickness my ass - that shit goes ALL day).  This pregnancy is a magical combo of the 2.

GTKY - Whats your favorite sans kids hobby?  Alone... that sounds magical.  What is that?  I guess I really enjoy time with friends (wine + cheese/apps + chic flick we've seen a million times and can just talk over until funny parts come on).   
  • Options
    Haven't seen this up and not sure if its an "approved day" for it but I would love to check in with the other 2nd+ time moms here.  Never done one of these so I'm making up some questions.  

What # child will this be for you? 4

How are you doing - keeping up with the other child/children? Struggling as much as usual? Lol. My fuse with my two big kids has been short for sure. Then bbay is nursing lots more, I assume my supply is dropping or it's changing. We are lso moving so life is crazy! I'm early so I'm mostly feeling fine. I was pretty nauseous all day yesterday but functioned fine. The kick your ass exhaustion hasn't set in yet, that will be hard.

Anything majorly different this pregnancy so far? Hte nausea is new.

GTKY - Whats your favorite sans kids hobby? Sans kids? What's that? Lol. I like running, and watching tv. I'm usually too mentally tired at the end of hte days for the last few years but I used to love reading. I alos love to cook, which I do nightly, and bake which I try to do less lol. I really like making challenging complicated things, but I do that rarely now. Someday!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options

I work full time so I'm not chasing after him all day, but my husband has been traveling for work much of the month so mornings and evenings are all on me. That would tire me out even if I wasn't pregnant.

So far this pregnancy is completely different than my first. Last time was by the books, I didn't have my first appt until 9 weeks, first u/s at 12. This time I've had bleeding and have already gone for three betas and have a u/s Friday. It's stressful.

I live in a PNW city so pretty much every cliche hobby there is around here. Hiking, running, xc skiing, anything outdoors, drinking beer, wine, coffee, riding bikes.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How are you doing - keeping up with the other child/children? That's going well but he takes all my energy. The house has gone to hell. My husband is the most amazing partner and goes above and beyond his fair share with chores. I just feel so guilty because he works so hard all the time and he does it with a smile and good attitude. 

Anything majorly different this pregnancy so far? My appetite is out of control. I want to eat all the things all the time. 

GTKY - Whats your favorite sans kids hobby? Reading 
  • Options
    This will be baby number 3

They are luckily entertained by themselves a lot and my husband has been awesome with running them around outside in the evening.  I do the more sit still and build something or color kind of stuff.  

I havent noticed anything too different this time around.  I feel like I am starving a lot but I can't remember if that's how I was before too.  

I love to read.  I had just started getting back into it before I came back to work full time and now it is back on the back burner because I feel like I have zero time for anything.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options

Keeping up?
    I'm thankful she goes to bed at 7.

Different this pregnancy?
    I'm literally getting sick instead of just nauseated all the time.  That's been a treat.  I also had a ton of bloat by this point last time.  Nada so far and easily still in my jeans.

GTKY: I'm a runner.  5k's, 10k's, half marathons.  Love it.  I listen to audiobooks while I run so that helps as well.  Get lost in a good book on a trail run.  Yes please.
    TTC 1.0
    17 months TTC and 1miscarriage, 1 chemical pregnancy, rainbow baby born 2/16/15
    TTC 2.0
    16 months TTC, 2 chemical pregnancies, EDD 6/3/17
  • Options

DD is 10 months going on teenager and I'm so tired that sometimes my patience wears thin. But I keep telling myself that these moments are precious because soon it won't be just two of us hanging out.

Pretty much the same as last time...little to no symptoms.

Reading. It'd be nice to break into a good book without drool on it and without falling asleep before I can even turn a page. :p
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Trying to hold down the fort. I'm so tired all of the time that I know I'm not playing with them as much, we are watching more TV/movies than we used to, and thing she like laundry and cleaning aren't getting done as much as they should.

Nausea and bloating are much worse this time.

GTKY - What's your favorite sans kids hobby?
    Sewing, crochet, and I'm learning to use a knitting loom.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    BelhurstBrideBelhurstBride member
    edited October 2016
    Baby #3. 

DD1 is in school most of the day and DD2 is pretty laid back. I'd say things are running pretty much as normal. My temper has been a bit short, but that could be because DD1 has been all about purposely pissing DD2 off every chance she gets. 

So far this pregnancy seems like my past two. Just starting to hit the exhaustion phase. DD1 still napped when I was newly pregnant with DD2. DD2 doesn't nap. That sucks. 

So far the only thing I get to regularly do without children is hit the gym. I need that time in order to be a good parent and I'm hoping to not have to change too many of my routines pre birth. 

ETA, also drinking. Though that didn't really have to be sans kids to happen. It just needed to happen. One of those things that also makes me a better parent.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is my 2nd child.

I am barely managing at the whole mommy-ing thing.  I work with 4 year old pre k and by the time I get home in the afternoons, I am completely exhausted.  My daughter is 2 1/2 and thankfully is really good at playing by herself.  Plus we watch a lot more Sofia and Doc than I would like.  I am thankful my husband is picking up the slack and hasn't complained too much about it. 

The first time I was pregnant, I was sick/throwing up until week 18.  This time around I have only actually thrown up twice but I feel nauseous every evening (wondering if its bc I'm soo exhausted.)  My boobs are very sore this time around....I don't remember them being this sore with my first!

san kids activities?! what is that?!? lol  I do enjoy crafts, making weaths, tutus, hairbows etc ...when i get the chance which is almost never!
  • Options
    @mirdamae03 - Hollar on "they're alive".... thats right where I am.
    @michaela0704 - I'm trying to stet knitting and sucking hardcore.  I think I should have started crocheting instead - one needle seems so much easier for me.
    @halfthetree - wiiiiiiiiiine.  damnit.   - Spinning?  Your pelvic floor is gonna be toned girl! ;) 
    @delujm0 - my boobs never hurt much in my previous pregnancies but I was very aware of my nipples.  This time, my boobs seem to have only gotten the memo again right by my nipples. 
    @c1tym0m22 - I am just starting knitting and wondering whats wrong with me.  This ish is hard and I have NO TIME to sit and learn. --- Yet I still get frustrated when I can't do it LOL
    @thankfully - Not saying this is is you ---but it IS me --- I am that hot mess mom that looks like she isn't together and really isn't.  Heart on my sleeve, yo.   LOL "together moms" make me more mad (from totally jealously) than anything.
    @JAGinMI - Right?  I feel like I needed to find my people. HAHA There are so many of us, too. 
    @Elyse1384 - Oh mama.  I'm so sorry about your symptoms being BSC. Hugs mama.
    @riverraine - Sorry you're dealing with bleeding and multiple check ups.  FWIW - I bled throughout my first tris with both of my boys and it was always so reassuring to go in.  Now, I'm on the other end and not having a sono every week and left thinking which is never good!

What # child will this be for you? #3

How are you doing - keeping up with the other child/children? Barely keeping up.  Late every day for preschool because I can't get out of bed --until my early morning poop attack comes which has been awesome.  Sesame Street and I have grown to be good buddies.  That mom that said she'd never use tv to babysit her children (me...) has eaten her words a lot recently.  I've been nauseous non stop and now exhaustion has set in.  Pregnancy is lovely! 

Anything majorly different this pregnancy so far? The nausea.  I would gag brushing my teeth with the other two but this one, I can barely eat.  And then, when I don't, I'm starving and then nauseous form eating too much.  I tried gins gins and now I have a ginger aversion.  

GTKY - Whats your favorite sans kids hobby? I definitely wasn't considering alcohol a hobby until I saw how many of you did - it was more an add on to every hobby ;)  I do enjoy being outside and my husband and I do Spartan Races and such.   When I'm alone, I love TV though.  I watch Friends, Scrubs, HIMYM, and others in that genre over and over again.

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Options

How are you doing - keeping up with the other child/children? It's been hard, DD and I have been in bed snuggling by 6 and lights out by 7 for both of us. This helps since I have to get up at 5:20. Chores are slacking, but it is what it is.

Anything majorly different this pregnancy so far? This pregnancy is soo different, I was so sick with DD and this pregnancy I am hardly sick at all which makes me worry. My biggest symptoms are being tired and having to pee. The countdown to my US can't come soon enough. 

GTKY - Whats your favorite sans kids hobby? Mostly reading and shopping
  • Options

I have a lot of help from my husband and parents.

I don't have major food aversion like I did last time. I feel extremely bloated and keep checking my weight because I feel huge.
  • Options
    Sprout is my #2 

Well I am doing well as a working mom with a full time job and 2 part times at the moment. It's hard and the days are long but things are doing just fine. I haven't had any crazy symptoms ... besides my tits hurting and a little queasiness starting up. 

The fact that I know about it HAHAHA (im serious) I was 29 wks with DD before I found out, I had a whirlwind  8 weeks left. Now with Sprout I get to experience it all, the universe willing. 

Singing/Traveling. 
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Options
    @Spookster - 29 weeks?! Wow, that's crazy that you didn't know! Must have been quite a shock to only have a few short weeks to prepare!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Baby number 3 pregnancy number 4

How are you doing - keeping up with the other child/children? So far so good. Both DH and I work 8-5 M-F and sometimes Saturday so I think we are just used to being tired.

I have been blessed with 2 "easy" pregnancies with DD and DS and so far this one is following tradition except for with the first two I could not brush my teeth without gagging and so far so good this time and for some reason I want to eat EVERYTHING this time and never seem to get full.

GTKY - Whats your favorite sans kids hobby? Hmm....not sure what sans kids hobbies are but I love to read when they go to bed early, go shopping alone (even if it is just Walmart or the grocery store), and on the rare occasion DH and I get to go out to eat without them....heaven!

Me: 33 Husband: 35
    Married: 4/24/2010
    DS: 10/12/2010
    DD: 04/23/2014
    MMS: 01/28/2016
    EDD: 06/14/2017
  • Options

#2 , first one is Brooklyn who is 2 1/2

Things were crazy the past few months, with her starting a new pre school, and starting speech therapy, but I feel like we are finally getting a routine again now. 

Last time I had a major aversion to meat, and I feel like I'm starting to get that again. 

Dinner and a movie! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How are you doing - keeping up with the other child/children? So far I am alright - if anything I have been emotional and less patient. 

Anything majorly different this pregnancy so far? No true morning sickness (yet?) and getting headaches this time. 

GTKY - Whats your favorite sans kids hobby? Crafty stuff - I made a project life album as #1's baby book that I am pretty proud of.

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15