Let it out ladies!!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

Re: Monday Bitchfest 10/17

• I've been waiting for someone to post this but apparently no one had a shitty weekend like I did.  

My parents don't want much to do with me because my fiance is half black.  They are refusing to go to my wedding and want nothing to do with this baby.  My father has alzheimer's, so I still try to remain in contact and take my 10 year old to visit them. I made my dad's favorite meal and took it over, on Saturday, so my son could see them.  My niece was there, she is 25 and expecting her second baby, her first is a holy terror.  My niece laid there on her lazy ass and expected my ten year old to entertain her 2 year old and manage him.  She and her husband sat on their phones the entire time and ignored their own child, who was screaming.  Then my mom began the show... parading in everything that she has bought for the baby.  I sat there for an hour having to look at and feign interest in the stuff she has purchased for my nieces baby.  They then proceeded to tell me about some disorder my niece has developed which causes her to be in pain.  It won't have any impact on the baby, except that she may have to have a c-section.  I was near tears the whole time because they will not even acknowledge my daughter, that I lost in March, because of the race of her father.  I just wanted to scream!!!

My niece is the epitome of entitled!  She thinks everyone should have to wait on her hand and foot.  She was bitching about being pregnant and how miserable it is.  There is one thing you should never do, don't bitch about being pregnant to someone who can't be or someone who has lost a baby.

I'm sorry this probably doesn't even make any sense and I think I'm rambling.  I was just so angry and apparently still am.  Thanks for reading!

• I'm so sorry @JonesBaby0624 that is really, really tough. Creepy internet stranger hugs.
  • Loading the player...
  • That really sux @jonesbaby0624. I'm sorry you have to deal with that whole family situation.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• My Monday has been lovely so far (insert sarcasm). The back story to this is, I had an amazing job with an amazing company. Everything was peachy until my boss became bat shit crazy around April of this year. Before that time, she was the best boss ever and I had a fairy tale job. Forward to September, I had to find a new job because my boss was doing things unethical and trying to take everyone down around her. Upper management wasn't doing anything, so I knew I had to make the jump. I found a new job so close to home and began here the last week in Sept.

I HATE this job. The people here are awful, the company is an absolute joke. My job title is the same as my last job with absolutely nothing to do. I cry every single day and have terrible anxiety about coming back. To top it all off, I've had upper management making rude comments to me about being out for a couple doctors appointments already. And my boss announced to the entire company (about 45 people) that I'm pregnant even though I told her I wasn't ready to tell everyone.

Luckily I have a husband that loves me and is concerned about my sanity and stress level and in a few weeks is going to let me start staying home with DS and let me follow my creative crafty dreams I've always wanted. I just have to put up with bulls**t for a few more weeks. I wish I could have hard alcohol, because I could use a few drink to deal with these idiots. Left a bad boss and an amazing company for a crap hole.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @alr5k I'm sorry!!  It is hard to leave a job you love(d) for something else.  Even when it starts to get rough it's still a place you are familiar with and are comfortable.  It sounds like something wonderful came from it though. You get to stay home with your babies and follow your dreams.  That is going to be amazing!  Just hang on a couple more weeks!!  It will be worth it!

• @JonesBaby0624
    If it's any comfort at all, we're here for you! Your situation is just Beyond. The entitled niece, the oblivious mom, the refusing to be a part of your life parents, and just suckiness in general. It really stinks, and I'm sorry that you have to deal with it (and having to live apart from your fiance too, right? or am I just making that part up?). <<HUGS>> Hang in there.

@alr5k
    It totally stinks to have to go to a job that you hate! It's the daily stress and anxiety that really takes its toll. I suggest, take it one day at a time, and do your very best to take care of yourself and your body. The easiest way to cope isn't always the healthiest (like, yummy ice cream, chips, fried stuff, junky stuff, easy-to-grab stuff) but you may want to make a meal plan each day and try to stick with it. Feed your body happy & healthy and your soul will follow suit, meaning, some yogurt and salad and smoothies will eventually equal a calmer more-balanced mind, a stronger sense of self, and you'll find the strength/fortitude to get through this. (A weaker body and the stress could introduce a cold or flu or general awfulness...) Like you said, just a few more weeks, and you'll be able to walk away from the horrible-ness. Give yourself a leg up and be good to You!! (And it might help to re-frame it in your mind: rather than feeling stuck... tell yourself... they'll be losing awesome you and missing out!)

(Quick aside about starting a new venture, especially creative, no matter what it is: Have a plan in place, with mini-steps along the way. For example, "week 1, I want to figure out the finances", "week 2, I want to get new business cards/website", "week 3, I need to build a realistic schedule", "week 4, I need to cold call 5 new people", and "week 5, go shopping for supplies" or whatever applies to your situation. There, that's your first month all laid out, ready and waiting for you to tackle it once you're done with this hellish job! Put your current daily energy into formulating this plan/outline/new routine and you'll feel better too! Give yourself something really tangible to look forward to, with little mini goals along the way, and before you know it, by thinking ahead, you'll be in a much better place! Not to mention, you'll be ready to hit the ground running once this new venture does start! Give yourself a day or two of "sweet relief" during the transition and then get moving forward with building your success and happiness for the future. You'll do great!)
  • @SKZW Thank you!!  You are correct, my fiance is working on doctorate in Rhode Island.  I was supposed to be leaving in 3 days to see him for Fall Break but doc said nope...high risk...no flying.

@alr5k I totally agree with SKZW.  One day at a time, stay healthy, and focus on you.  The time will be here before you know it.

• @JonesBaby0624
    Aww, bummer that you can't see him! (And, I think I also recall... did you not tell him yet?) (Yes, super nosy over here) And if you didn't, then, what's the reason you're giving him that you can't fly up to see him? (Super nosy, I know... but super curious too)
  • @SKZW I have told him now.  I was waiting to have my first appointment with the MFM before I told him anything.  We had a loss in March so I wanted to have some news before I worried him.  So, he knows now and is over the moon.  He always wants me to put the phone on my belly so he can talk to the baby.  I keep telling him it can't hear you for 6 more weeks.  He says they can't know that for sure because no baby has been able to tell them when it can hear.  So, he continues to talk to my stomach (weird right?) and says the baby will know his voice as well as mine.  Doesn't that sound like someone who should be working on their PhD?  

I can't believe you remembered all that.  You have a great memory!

• So, he knows now and is over the moon.  He always wants me to put the phone on my belly so he can talk to the baby.  I keep telling him it can't hear you for 6 more weeks.  He says they can't know that for sure because no baby has been able to tell them when it can hear.  So, he continues to talk to my stomach (weird right?) and says the baby will know his voice as well as mine.  Doesn't that sound like someone who should be working on their PhD?  
    OMG that's like the cutest thing ever! :D
  • @JonesBaby0624 I'm really sorry. Sometimes family can be very inconsiderate :(

I really hope they come around, because at the end of the day the baby is innocent to their harsh feelings.

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• @thistlenweeds he's a pretty sweet guy.  Don't know why I'm so blessed.

@CarmCeG they are going to miss out on a very special  family that's joining me and my son.

• Image result for forgiveness

@JonesBaby0624 I hope you don't worry yourself too much about this. Please take care of yourself & I wish you the very best!

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• @CarmCeG I just teared up a bit at that quote. It's beautiful and awful at the same time. Kind of like pregnancy  ;)

@JonesBaby0624 I love the talking through the phone thing. It's super adorable!
  • It's Tuesday, but this definitely falls in this category. 

While driving to work this morning, I was almost to my exit and traffic was backed up to a complete stop. While stopped, morning sickness hit (which I haven't had in about 2 weeks...) and as I was gagging, my foot slipped off the brake and rear ended the lady in front of me. My car is all jacked up, but I'm completely fine. 

The cop gave me a ticket for failure to control the vehicle and said "if you feel ill, you don't need to be driving." And it took all I had not to ask him if he had ever been pregnant and understood that it wasn't something that you had a lot of forewarning to prepare for. 

The lady in the other car was fine, walking around, and smiling with me, and I just get a call from my insurance claim rep that she was at the emergency room and considering an attorney. 

FML

• @CherylE418 what an awful story!!! I hope she comes to her senses quickly and you don't end up with too much liability! 

While driving to work this morning, I was almost to my exit and traffic was backed up to a complete stop. While stopped, morning sickness hit (which I haven't had in about 2 weeks...) and as I was gagging, my foot slipped off the brake and rear ended the lady in front of me. My car is all jacked up, but I'm completely fine. 

The cop gave me a ticket for failure to control the vehicle and said "if you feel ill, you don't need to be driving." And it took all I had not to ask him if he had ever been pregnant and understood that it wasn't something that you had a lot of forewarning to prepare for. 

The lady in the other car was fine, walking around, and smiling with me, and I just get a call from my insurance claim rep that she was at the emergency room and considering an attorney. 

FML

Try not to stress if she is considering an attorney. She's not going after you she just wants whatever you insurance policy will pay.  And if yours doesn't pay hers might pick up some.  My husband does Car insurance injury investigations for a living. As aweful as it is to have someone who you were just smiling with do that to you it's actually quite common.  Try not to take it personally. 

FML

So sorry that happened to you! Hopefully your able to take some sort of online driving class to drop the ticket! 
    When I was 17 a very similar accident happened to me. There was literally no damage to the ladies car and she complained she "couldn't walk or feel her legs" and had an ambulance called and everything. You'd think this was a major accident, but it was exactly how you described it, a tap to her car! She was avoiding answering my insurance companies questions or taking her car in to get an estimate (because her car had no damage...) It took over 2 years for my insurance company to investigate and ultimately find that her exaggerations were just that, exaggerations! My point is, if you have a good insurance company, they will do whatever it takes to make sure they and you  aren't being taken advantage of! There ARE people on your side! Hang in there and hugs to you! Hope your week turns around! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @CherylE418 the important thing is that you are fine.

Hopefully, the lady is fine and as @claudia3059 mentioned don't take it personally. Many people do this and I just hope it doesn't cause you much stress.

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• CherylE418 , that is such a bad way to start your morning! Definitely let your insurance deal with this lady...she's likely overstating her injuries in hopes of a payout. Don't let it stress you out--that's the last thing you need!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @CherylE418 I am so sorry mama! This is a rough start of the day. IT seems the officers remarks made it even worse! Hopefully your day gets better. 
  • @CherylE418 what a horrible start to your day.  I hate that their are people out there that want to get their payout from a simple accident.  Maybe karma will find her.  That cop was a total asshat.

• @CherylE418 Omg, I'm so sorry! 
  • @MamaMiller yes! His input upset me more than anything else I think! Ugh. Today can't get worse now at least, right? :/

thanks everybody for commiserating and your kind words :)
  • Yes, I know it's not Monday, but I'm super annoyed...I'm on an injected blood thinner 2xs/day for the rest of this pregnancy. The prescription is filled monthly, but the last time I filled it, I had to call 6 pharmacies before I finally found one that carries the medicine like 20 minutes away. They then told me they have to special order it because they don't actually carry it all the time, so it takes 24-36 hours after I call it in for the prescription for me to be ready to pick up. I tried to transfer the prescription to mail order/online, and my insurance apparently doesn't cover that. So, trying to get ahead of my refill due next Thursday, I called in the request to be told I have to submit no more than 3 days before the refill is due. NICE. So I have to call it in 3 days before I need it, wait 1-1.5 days, and then give myself a very short window to pick it up in the remaining 1.5 days before the refill is needed. As if I'm abusing blood thinners...it's not like it's pain meds! Thankfully, I have a friend who is a fertility pharmacist who was able to finagle the system and set me up there/have it sent via the mail to me. But seriously...what a run around! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker