May 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-In 10/12

This is for all our May moms who have experienced a loss - we are here to support one another!

1. Introduce yourself if you haven't yet

2. How far along are you?

3. How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to?

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:

5. Two GTKYs:
  • Fun version: Do you have pets? Feel free to show off with photos! 
  • Serious version: Did you know that October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month? Have you ever been open about your past loss(es) to others?

Re: PGAL Check-In 10/12

• Options
    2. How far along are you?: 9w 5d

3. How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to?: I have my next appointment on 10/24 where they will try to find a heartbeat with a doppler and it's the appointment I found out my last pregnancy was a miscarraige.  I'm looking forward to having a good appoinment and getting through it!

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I am so incredibly "morning" (aka all day) sick.  I was this way with DD.  I was on Zofran for the whole pregnancy with her. I was trying to stick it out a few more weeks with this prengnacy but I called my doctor to call in a Diclegis prescription.  I haven't taken it before but he recommened it.  Has anyone else tried it?  I literally can't even function at work I'm so sick.

5. Two GTKYs:
    • Fun version: Do you have pets? Feel free to show off with photos!: Yes!! Three rescue cats that I adore.  I was not a cat person growing up, but these guys were "failed foster cats", once they came to my house I never wanted them to leave! I will try to post pics from my phone. 
    • Serious version: Did you know that October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month? Have you ever been open about your past loss(es) to others?: I recently realized this and over the last few months I have been open about my loss.  I got a tattoo in memory of the baby and it's pretty visible so people ask about it and I share my story. I also know a lot of people who went through this before me so I've talked to them quite a bit about what I'm feeling.

BFP #1 12/23/12 EDD 9/3/13 DD #1 8/26/13

BFP #2  2/25/16  EDD 11/5/16 MMC 4/15/16

BFP #3  8/31/16  EDD  5/12/17 It's a GIRL!

BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    katie0919katie0919 member
    edited October 2016
     1. Introduce yourself if you haven't yet  I'm Katie! I haven't intro'd yet so here I go! I was VERY active on the Nov. '2011 board when I was pg with my son. Not very active with my second kiddo but am trying to get back into the swing on things!

2. How far along are you? 9w 4d today

3. How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to?  Doing okay, made the mistake of whipping out my sonoline b doppler on Saturday at 9 weeks. Couldn't find the HB, tried again yesterday and this morning with no luck. Called my OB today and the nurse said I could come in if I wanted for reassurance, but that she doesn't think I need to - no cramping or bleeding or anything to indicate anything is wrong.I feel dumb, but you all know how pgal brain is. I can't decide if I should go in or not!
    ETA: next appt is two weeks from today and cannot come soon enough!

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: No rants really - I'm very tired at night, but that is usually a given when one has 2 small boys running around at home. Plus I work full time and do a side gig at home, so I am beat down tired. Otherwise I feel pretty good. Some food aversions here and there but nothing too bad. 

5. Two GTKYs: 
    • Fun version: Do you have pets? Feel free to show off with photos! I do not have pets! I am a cat person, but unfortunately I have terrible allergies that have only gotten worse with age. I had to give away my two cats 10 years ago b/c I couldn't even sleep at night any longer, they affected my breathing so bad. I was attacked by a dog when I was 12, so I have never really been a bif fan of dogs (:::ducks down:::) Don't hate me for it!
    • Serious version: Did you know that October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month? Have you ever been open about your past loss(es) to others?  I did know! I have been open about my miscarriages to others. I don't think there is any shame in them, and it helps to show other women just how common they are and that they are not alone.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 37 DH: 38 
    BFP #1 3/17/11 - DS born 12/4/11
    TFAS Dec 2013
    BFP #2 - 3/23/14 - CP 3/26/14
    BFP #3 - 8/20/14 - Natural Miscarriage 9/22/14
    BFP #4 - 1/28/15 - DS2 born 10/13/15
    Surprise BFP# 5 - 9/2/16 - Due 5/13/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    7w 3d

Doing ok!  Been pretty nauseated still so still haven't really been able to eat.  I'm now taking three pills a day to help with that.  Two at night and one in the morning.  They make me soooo sleepy though!  I still feel pretty sick at times but haven't thrown up again since I started them.  Those rare times when my nausea lets up and I actually feel ok I get all worried that it means something is wrong! Crazy brain..  
    This is my first week since finding out I was pregnant that I don't have a doctor appointment.  It was so nice getting weekly updates!  Just trying to not drive myself too crazy.

Dont really have any particular rants/raves/positive vibes today!

I have a Cockapoo named Violet two cats Dexter and Kvothe 
    A chameleon and a fish. We have quite a full house!!

I did know and I've always been open about my losses.  Two of them were with my ex and he never wanted me to tell anyone.  After we were no longer together I've always been pretty open about it all.  It made me way more depressed to just keep it all inside.  Sometimes I think it makes others a little uncomfortable and they don't quite know what to say.  
  • Options
    @jdebaie I'm pretty sure that's what my doctor prescribed me.  The nurse told me it will "take the edge off."  It definitely doesn't make me feel like eating whatever I want but I think it has helped.  I haven't puked since taking it so that's always a plus!  It does make me pretty drowsy especially since I'm now taking three pills a day.  You can take up to four according to my doctor.  
    Also, what/where is your tattoo??  I've always had plans to get a tattoo to represent my lossses.  I think I want to get forget me not flowers with a flower representing each baby I've lost.  I was planning to go with my sister in law at Christmas but I guess that'll be put on hold for a bit!
  • Options

2. How far along are you? 7w6d

3. How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to? - First "real" OB appointment is on Monday, in the city, with the office I'm hoping I'll deliver with. So far I've had a bunch of spotting and my local GYN (who doesn't do OB) has been monitoring me via HCG and ultrasound, so I've already had three ultrasounds and been to the doctor's five times. But my "first" appointment that I made back when I was 5 weeks is actually coming up and I'm excited for it.

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: So tired of the nausea. It's nowhere near as bad as with DD so I should be grateful, and I am. But I want to eat normally again. Positive vibes: saw the heartbeat again yesterday :)

5. Two GTKYs:
    • Fun version: Do you have pets? Feel free to show off with photos! 2 cats (littermates) we got from a no-kill shelter back in 2004
    • Serious version: Did you know that October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month? Have you ever been open about your past loss(es) to others? I didn't know that, and I'm not all that open. DH wants to keep it more private, and I feel like it's disrespectful to him to mention it when he would rather keep it to himself. The few I have mentioned it to, most brush it off and have no idea what to say. Even my own mother has no idea what to make of it. My loss was just about exactly 5 years ago - and what does she give me a few weeks back but a book on mourning pregnancy loss from a yard sale. I really did not need to see that book, it was so long ago and I'm as healed as I'm going to be (which is never going to be even close to 100%), I don't need to be randomly reminded of the grief.

Pregnancy Ticker  
  • Options
    @LCRbelle - I so hope it takes the edge off! I just want to get through my day, it's been brutal! I am so happy with my tattoo after my loss - it was so comforting to me because I felt like it was something I could look at and remember. :)

BFP #1 12/23/12 EDD 9/3/13 DD #1 8/26/13

BFP #2  2/25/16  EDD 11/5/16 MMC 4/15/16

BFP #3  8/31/16  EDD  5/12/17 It's a GIRL!

BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest

Anniversary
  • Options
    @jdebaie please let me know how that scripts work for you.  I have never had to have a script before but I think I do this time.  That is the med my doc recommended.  I love your tatoo!  I'm adding a picture of mine too.

@LCRbelle Your pets are adorable.

2. How far along are you? 8 weeks

3. How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to?  I'm doing ok.  Typical symptoms.  The nausea and emotions seem to be worse this time.  I'm having a hard time with pgal brain.  I'm trying my hardest not to get attached but my fiance is so excited, it's hard not to.

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:  Not much right now.  Just typical stress.

5. Two GTKYs: 
    I have 2 cats.  Barnabas (left) and Steeler (right)  Please ignore the messy house....my son had just had a birthday sleepover.

• Serious version: Did you know that October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month? Have you ever been open about your past loss(es) to others?
    Yes, I have always been very open about my losses.  People don't really know how to react but I want women to know they are not alone.  

I can't find a pic of my tattoo.  I will mobile it tonight.

Everyone have a great night!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• Options
    1. Introduce yourself if you haven't yet
              Hi I am Sarah. Today was the first day I have posted as I was active in the February 2017 board and then had a mmc. It was hard to feel like a person vs a name and then have that happen. But anyways I am happy to be here and so far my U/S have been very good and so I am feeling more confident. 
     2. How far along are you? 7w4d (measured 3 ahead but doc isn't changing anything, can't wait to be done with the first trimester).

3. How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to? I have been so sick, all day puking and haven't been able to keep anything down so doc prescript me diclegis I start it tonight. Other than that easy stuff like sore boobs and dealing with progesterone tablet nastiness. I am looking forward to seeing our OB for the first time in 2 weeks. 

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: We are having some work done on our house so it's hard getting anything done with power tools going off all day and then our house torn apart. Ready to have our house back and the floors looking pretty. 

5. Two GTKYs: 
              I have two fur babies. A 3 (almost 4) year old Samoyed and a 2 year old Alaskan Malamute. They are my most common subject for my photography classes. The first was just for the fun the second picture I had to set up and conduct a photoshoot and as I don't have human children I use my dogs :). The third I set up a Red Riding Hood shoot and this was one from that. 

• Serious version: Did you know that October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month? Have you ever been open about your past loss(es) to others? Only just recently did I become aware. I have not been open. I am a mostly private person and it's something that I have dealt with but it is still to new and so for now I keep it private. 
  • Options
    I'm 9w2d.  No new symptoms but the nausea seems to have subsided, which is great. I have an OBGYN appt next week.  So far I've only seen the PA and a U/S tech so I'm excited for that.

I love seeing everyone's pets! I have a dog and cat.  I did know about October.  I wouldn't say I'm open about my loss, but I'm not afraid to talk about it if it comes up.  I didn't announce it on FB and only a few friends and family know.  I expect to talk about it more as I announce this pregnancy.

@SWE2 I was also in Feb17 & had a loss.  Welcome!

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @jdebaie that's awesome! I love your tattoo! Placement is cool too.  Subtle but still makes it noticeable enough where you can talk about it if you want to!

@JonesBaby0624 thanks! I think they're pretty great (most of the time lol)

I'm loving seeing everyone's pet pics :smile:
  • Options
    . How far along are you? 9w3d

3. How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to? I'm doing okay. I'm still pretty nauseous, but I've started to have a few good days here and there which is a nice respite. My next appointment isn't unail Halloween, so I'm having a bit of anxiety reading the loss posts and then having to wait so long to make sure everything is okay.

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: I am farther along than I was with my last loss, so that does make me feel a little more comfortable.

5. Two GTKYs: 
    • We have two fur babies! We have a husky who is going to be 10 this year and is a sassy old lady. And we have a 5 yr old GSD who still acts like a puppy.
    • I did know about October. I haven't been that open about my loss. I never announced on FB so only a few family members and friends know. I have been pretty open with them and would be open to anyone that I knew struggling with the same thing.
  • Options
    Finally getting a chance to sit down now that DH is home to take over with DD. I don't normally post and ghost like that, I just lurk more from the phone and respond more from the computer.

8w5d

I'm doing alright, just been a zombie on and off. I had absolutely zero energy over the weekend and then on Monday I almost felt normal, at least in comparison. It made me a bit nervous but on the bright side, the house got clean as a result. Of course I'm back to napping and dragging myself around again. In the meantime, I'm just waiting until Halloween which is my next appointment. It will be the very fun appointment where I get to chat with billing, go over health history (new state, new insurance, new provider.. good times), pap smear and probably some blood draws. Joy. I'm good with all that as long they check for a heartbeat early into the appt.

• Fun version: I wish! We have been in apartments for the last several years and they don't allow them. We do plan to buy a house within a few months but will probably wait until this one is at least a year old. DD really love kitties and while I'm allergic, I can eventually tolerate them. That is still up for discussion though.
    • Serious version: I became more aware as a few mamas from my last BMB started posting about this. I had never really been open about it, probably because one, it just happened in May and two, we didn't really want to talk about the fact that we were TTC. My immediate family knew from the day happened and I've slowly started to open up more. Last night was the most open I've been about it, in a facebook group where several of my friends are part of. It was nice getting a couple texts from them acknowledging it. I gotta admit though, while it left me feeling pretty emotional for the night, I felt less alone.

• Options
    @MoshiMoshi7 passing a loss date is always so comforting.
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• Options

2. How far along are you? 10w6d

3. How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to? I'm ok. I am starting to get nervous about my appointment next week. I am just scared of another MMC.

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: As long as all goes well next week, I think I will better able to handle passing my loss date on October 30.

5. Two GTKYs:
    •Fun version: Do you have pets? Feel free to show off with photos!

no pets for me.

•Serious version: Did you know that October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month? Have you ever been open about your past loss(es) to others?

yes, I knew and I am very open about my losses. I have found that it really does happen to so many people but since not everyone talks about it, it can feel so lonely. My sister in law miscarried shortly after my first loss and we have been able to rely and confide in each other.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    I am 11w3d

I'm doing fine. Lots of nausea this week which brings me some comfort even though I know it doesn't really mean much. Next up is getting NIPT results and my NST scan next week. Both have me pretty nervous!

GTKY 1 - We have a 12 yr old Yorkie Poo that I got when he was 8 weeks old. He never liked kids until I had mine but he loves them. He runs away from every other kid that walks in the door though. 

GTKY 2 - While I have never announced it on social media, we have always told immediate family and I have mentioned it to others if it comes up in conversation. For example, my first mc came as a result of internal bleeding that had me go in for emergency surgery and I lost the pregnancy at the same time, so when I've shared the experience with others I've always included the fact that I had a mc at the same time. I have tried to be open so that others know it's ok to discuss and to help take away the stigma around it.

Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    Hi everybody!

I'm 11 weeks and 3 days today. 

Doing okay. Haven't had nausea really since last weekend and my energy seems to be holding out through later in the day, which makes me kind of nervous. But I called my doctor's office and she assured me that since there wasn't any cramping or bleeding to just feel lucky that my "end of first trimester" symptom relief came a little early. Trying hard to hold on to that! Next appointment is a week from tomorrow. Feels like forever!

We are going to visit my mom and grandma tomorrow and Saturday and tell them the news. I'm so nervous that after I do, at my appointment next week there will be something wrong. Just have to keep reminding myself that this isn't last time. 

Yes! I do have a very snuggly and playful kitty named Basil. He was a stray that had been abandoned by previous owners and he adopted himself to us. :) literally walked in our first apartment and then never left. He's my baby and I can't wait to see how he bonds with this little one in several months! (The first picture cracks me up with how distraught he looks. His life really isn't hard, I promise!)

Yes, I did know about October, and I have been about as open as you get with my loss earlier this year. I started a blog in June and it was so healing for myself to just be honest and write and has helped so many other people know they can talk to someone. Since it's not usually a thing many are open about, I know I felt like I was in a minority and no one understood, and after I shared, people I saw every day helped me realize that's not the case. We gotta get through it together! 
  • Options
     How far along are you? 7 weeks 2 days

How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to? I am not super great. I have been really sick all day (just brushing my teeth sent me to the toilet). I am just remembering to be thankful for the sickness because it is a sign of being pregnant. I have an ultrasound next Thursday at 6:15 (also DH's 25th birthday). I am really excited. Then I don't have another appointment until November 22nd.

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Just feeling so sick...:( Ugh.

We have two fur babies. Samara is our nearly 2 year old. She is very loving and wants to be the center of attention.  Akiva is our 5 year old Pomeranian. She was my first dog that I got when I was in college. She is such a sweet and cuddly little pup. 

I did know that what this month is. I have been open about our loss. About a month ago, I posted a blog post about our loss to connect with friends and family who had wondered what was going on with us. We had a rough go when we went through our loss as we were, also, in the process of transitioning our foster kiddos to new homes. It was a hard time with a lot of change. I felt like writing the post really helped people and several friends opened up to me about their own losses. It was a hard post to write, but I did think it was very therapeutic for me. 
    Me: 25 | DH: 24
    Married: 06/14/14
    Fur Babies: Samara (Lab) & Akiva (Pom)
    Foster Parents
    MC: 8/18/2016
  • Options

2. How far along are you? 8 weeks today!

3. How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to? I'm kind of a mess - I posted a question about it, but after a healthy ultrasound on Wednesday I had bleeding and an SCH was discovered on Friday. I'm looking forward to some hopefully good news at my next u/s appointment on Tuesday.  I can't really think about next milestones without knowing if this pregnancy will survive. 

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes:  see above...

5. Two GTKYs: 
    We have 2 super adorable cats who are litter mates and are loves to pieces!!
    I only recently learned about this month, I am not open about my loss. I am a very private person in general, I wouldn't share pregnancy news with anyone until we were into 2nd tri, and I personally don't find it comforting to share the news of a loss. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Introduce yourself if you haven't yet 
    Hello. I'm Chrystal. I live in SWFL. I am 34 and will deliver at 35. Advanced maternal age / elderly. Yes they said elderly on my paperwork. I am high risk. My husband is 46! Lol This baby was a surprise blessing. I have a 7 yr. Old little boy with severe ADHD. It's controlled with medicine at school but at home we just go with it. Lol I had spinal fusion on Dec 31 and then a redo January 4 so fresh out of that surgery. I love the water beach and family time! 

2. How far along are you? 
    I am 11 weeks. Due May 5, 2017

3. How are you doing? What is the next milestone you're looking forward to? 
    I am sick all day!! Looking forward to no more nausea!! Lol 

4. Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: 
    My back is killing me already. I still feel truely blessed to be having another child. I am nervous about my very good "only child" and learning to share me. It's been me and AJ for all these years. I know its gonna be a change for him. 

5. Two GTKYs: 
    • I have 2 dogs. One just gave birth 48 hours ago to 4 puppies but they will be gifted for Christmas. 

• I had an ectopic when my Son was 8 months old in 2010 and they took one tube. They did say it may be harder to conceive. Last year I had a MC at 8 weeks. I still haven't shared that with all my family. Its hard for me to bring up. I get really depressed even thinking about my lost babies. But God is good ALL the time and here I am 11 weeks preggers with my rainbow baby!!